Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• Trooper65
    123 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I entered our L4 raid, p4 Nhihlus, and after 2 or 3 restarts due to his ridiculous damage dealt, decided I couldn't be bothered and will leave it until later when I feel less like throwing the phone at the wall (like I feel when doing fleet arena now). I'd have no objections if my toons were 4* and not geared too high. But they are all 7*, geared high and zeta'd! It's totally demoralising to see the damage dealt to these toons in p1 and p4... P2 & 3 at L4 are a walk through and at a level I think is right for L4 raid. I really hope they do something soon or this raid will be considered a waste of time in our guild (54 Mill gp) ... How are we to progress and learn the mechanics if we can't get everyone interested in it? We should be doing at least L5 in this raid with the squads we have... Keep up the good work with the continuous feedback here... We smaller guilds need all the help we can get...
    Post edited by Trooper65 on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I’m just here to help this get to 2k responses. HSTR is Incredibly well designed.

No, it's not. It's poorly designed (there are only very small windows within each phase to do significant damage - and that can only be done by very specific teams) and the reworked rewards structure for Heroic is terribly top-heavy, excessively rewardsing 20% of the guild strong enough to complete Heroic, at the expense of the 80%, who get garbage rewards for their time, efforts and resources.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I think rebel yell was being facetious @Nikoms565
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

*taps sarcasm meter* Hmmmm...I think you're right. This thing seems to be on the fritz this morning. Carry on.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

*taps sarcasm meter* Hmmmm...I think you're right. This thing seems to be on the fritz this morning. Carry on.

It'll be difficult to the navigate the interwebs with that non working meter...
    518 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The only positive thing is that the meta can perform well in this raid. At least that's something. But the fact that most characters are useless is bothering me.
    Clones car hardly do a thing and PvE is supposed to be the only thing they are good at. I mean, it's not suppose to be this way but it is since the HAAT.
    The other good this is Jedi are relevant once again into something (no including Bastila, I'm referring to Yoda in Phase 1) but they need something more, of course, and that thing is located on Hard Node 7-B which include a 6 months farm to get there.

So, everything that is not RNG in this Raid is a hard farm and even then, it might be RNG (RJT).
    Thanks, that's a lot of effort to make a very well rounded feature that please us all.

NB : Yes, I did another Chexmix earlier today, took me an hour and half to get my poor 4.5%. I enjoyed it, as always.

Edit : Actually I forgot to mention that you did one good thing with all this -> You brought guild mates together even though I'm guessing some didn't have the chance and got evicted from their beloved guild as they were not "sufficiently" good enough.
  • Options
    It's so so so very difficult to stay focused on a thread that gets absolutely no feedback from the dev starting the post.

I want to think, "No, maybe this is a good thing, they can't discuss things they're actively working on right? So if they're not discussing... they're working...?"

But then I look back on 2018 so far and just see smoke from all the unnecessary fires and I am not hopeful.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Bans do tend to make it difficult to speak one's mind or to bump things. I imagine warnings do too.

You're being silly. Sith Battlefront II is great and everyone is happy :D
  • Options
    Guest wrote: »
    The only positive thing is that the meta can perform well in this raid. At least that's something. But the fact that most characters are useless is bothering me.
    Clones car hardly do a thing and PvE is supposed to be the only thing they are good at. I mean, it's not suppose to be this way but it is since the HAAT.
    The other good this is Jedi are relevant once again into something (no including Bastila, I'm referring to Yoda in Phase 1) but they need something more, of course, and that thing is located on Hard Node 7-B which include a 6 months farm to get there.

So, everything that is not RNG in this Raid is a hard farm and even then, it might be RNG (RJT).
    Thanks, that's a lot of effort to make a very well rounded feature that please us all.

NB : Yes, I did another Chexmix earlier today, took me an hour and half to get my poor 4.5%. I enjoyed it, as always.

Edit : Actually I forgot to mention that you did one good thing with all this -> You brought guild mates together even though I'm guessing some didn't have the chance and got evicted from their beloved guild as they were not "sufficiently" good enough.

Clones are great in P4 when its just Traya left and one minion. Rex lead with 5s, trooper, echo and super slow baze.

Get traya to isolate baze and you do unbreakable will on him. Then your clones keep whacking traya for ages. Each hit on Baze grants your clones TM. With good mods your doing 500K
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb was over posting in the server update thread several times today. You'd think he'd have a couple minutes to pop in and give us that "End of Week" update he promised a couple months ago.

Just to recap:

1. A few players actually like the STR. Most of those that enjoy it are in Heroic guilds.
    2. However, the vast majority of players think it is a boring chore, and the pitiful rewards make it nowhere near worth the continuous effort.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb was over posting in the server update thread several times today. You'd think he'd have a couple minutes to pop in and give us that "End of Week" update he promised a couple months ago.

Nope, now they went and screwed the pooch on mods so they have another fire. One that they'll end up "fixing" then ignoring mind you.

518 posts Member
    Options

Clones are great in P4 when its just Traya left and one minion. Rex lead with 5s, trooper, echo and super slow baze.

Get traya to isolate baze and you do unbreakable will on him. Then your clones keep whacking traya for ages. Each hit on Baze grants your clones TM. With good mods your doing 500K

Still waiting for Baze to pop up in the Guild event store... Oh, wait, he has been removed. Unfortunate since mine is only 3* as it seems.
  • Options
    Dilly dilly!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone know that min amount of GP a guild needs to beat HSTR? I think it’s about 120milGP.
    If the rewards at lower levels are atrocious then I would rather attempt heroic and fail. But at least you will see how far you can make it each time. Members that post zero must leave. None active players are (by the sounds of it) the problem for most guilds.
    We beat heroic in a couple hours. Our last raid we had 9 people post zero,7 post less then 1 mil, and 4 post double digits in the mils. The rest are 9-1 mil. But like I said we beat this raid in a couple of hours so we don’t penalize for zero anymore.

Weaker guilds need to coordinate much better and have all 50 members participate. Not attack without the proper teams for that phase. It only takes around 14-17 JTR teams to beat P1. Nobody likes getting beat up (me either) but that’s your (my) little contributions that add up the a win.

Now as for rewards, why would or should they change that. All of us that beat heroic did so with all the new or old G12 gear. Asking for better rewards so as to help beat heroic is just false. It can be done. Our top scorer is a monster and did so without any bells and whistles. He just learned how to play the raid. And has helped all of us with videos and play by play comments when we ask him.
    If guilds have self entitled members that’s yet another issue for guilds to contemplate.
    At the beginning, this raid needs full participaction to beat. After you beat it once it’s easier and easier every time. We first beat it in I think 17 hours and now in probably 2-3 hours.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Still waiting for Baze to pop up in the Guild event store... Oh, wait, he has been removed. Unfortunate since mine is only 3* as it seems.

He’s been on a hard node for almost a year now....
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    One of the biggest problems is getting people to try their best. If they added a supplementary GET or just guild tokens for actual damage done and nothing to do with rank more people might enjoy engaging the raid and working on raid teams.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    One of the biggest problems is getting people to try their best. If they added a supplementary GET or just guild tokens for actual damage done and nothing to do with rank more people might enjoy engaging the raid and working on raid teams.

That would be nice for all raids, rancour for example would be a nice bonus for people who get the solo.
  • Options
    We decided it'd be a nice idea to drop down to T3 as 4 takes too long.

That said it's amazing how fast the raid goes once Nihilus is out of the way. Does he really need that protection mechanic? No he does not, he already has a "get outta here" move as it is.

With regards to the ranking system suggestion I see up there. I like it, or maybe a sliding scale style thing related to beating personal bests for those players who are levelling and can't do top tier scores.

Maybe even an individual score system related to attempts taken just for this raid with it's own rewards. The ranking can stay just add a little incentive for those of us who can't do very much but can still contribute. Once we hit a certain point it can go back to the current setup.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Ciomagaru
    41 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    2 words: total bullsh*t

PS: and the quality of life stories you like to publish from time to time are all lies.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate some legitimate explanation of why the lower tiers are not being changed. If you're not going to fix our rewards, just come out and say so, and tell us why.

Your comments in the STR feedback thread have not gone unnoticed. We are still reviewing Tiers 1 through 6 of the Sith Raid regarding player progress. We want to see the results of the return of Rey’s Hero’s Journey which doubled the number of JTRs in the wild and should result in a significant boost to raid progress. Also Grand Master Yoda’s reworked kit (more details coming tomorrow!) should allow him to help with Sith Raid performance as well.

In addition, we will address other experiential concerns that we have pulled from numerous sources including the official forums and Reddit after we are able to gauge the impact of these changes on the raid.
    We will continue to keep you posted on these upcoming changes.

Still waiting on that update you promised a month ago Crumb....you wouldn’t want to have that promise be broke and you called a liar now, would you?
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    SwordsLFD wrote: »
    Rewards still stink. It is bad design to have in fighting winthin the guild to fight for top 10, creates division. A more equal and higher distribution is needed.

This to me is the BIGGEST problem, it's basically get a paper zombie or ****, meanwhile all of the people that geared their zombie get shafted.

Still do not get the paper zombie complaint.... I have a gear 12 zombie along with the rest of my night sisters and I hit 4-4.5mill every P4 with my 4th best mod set on them... I don’t see the issue.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    SwordsLFD wrote: »
    Rewards still stink. It is bad design to have in fighting winthin the guild to fight for top 10, creates division. A more equal and higher distribution is needed.

This to me is the BIGGEST problem, it's basically get a paper zombie or ****, meanwhile all of the people that geared their zombie get shafted.

Still do not get the paper zombie complaint.... I have a gear 12 zombie along with the rest of my night sisters and I hit 4-4.5mill every P4 with my 4th best mod set on them... I don’t see the issue.

How is this done? What speeds on the chars?
  • Jed_Eye
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they will respond before Xmas.
  • Options
    Just started another tier 2 run. Still absolutely terrible and a time sink.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate some legitimate explanation of why the lower tiers are not being changed. If you're not going to fix our rewards, just come out and say so, and tell us why.

Your comments in the STR feedback thread have not gone unnoticed. We are still reviewing Tiers 1 through 6 of the Sith Raid regarding player progress. We want to see the results of the return of Rey’s Hero’s Journey which doubled the number of JTRs in the wild and should result in a significant boost to raid progress. Also Grand Master Yoda’s reworked kit (more details coming tomorrow!) should allow him to help with Sith Raid performance as well.

In addition, we will address other experiential concerns that we have pulled from numerous sources including the official forums and Reddit after we are able to gauge the impact of these changes on the raid.

Still waiting on that update you promised a month ago Crumb....you wouldn’t want to have that promise be broke and you called a liar now, would you?

They're waiting for those double JTR's to rrreeeaaaalllyy kick in. Then they'll probably announce they're waiting to see how triple JTR's affect things.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

They're waiting for those double JTR's to rrreeeaaaalllyy kick in. Then they'll probably announce they're waiting to see how triple JTR's affect things.

I presume the current excuse is that they are waiting for the greedo bug fix to filter out to the player base and effect their team conpositions also waiting for bastila jedi and prepared squad to go f2p as thry are 2 awesome phase squads.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »

I presume the current excuse is that they are waiting for the greedo bug fix to filter out to the player base and effect their team conpositions also waiting for bastila jedi and prepared squad to go f2p as thry are 2 awesome phase squads.

WOOOO just 3 more months then :smile:
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I thought that I would revisit this topic since my last reply in mid May. Our Guild has improved to 90,000,000 GP from 79,000,000 GP and we are still doing Tier 4 - which takes 3-4 days. We tried another Tier 5 and completed it yesterday, but it took 10 days so we are going back to 4. The big issue remains that people just have no interest in the raid. This is true despite several more Guild members unlocking RJT.

The lack of Sith raid action by the developers and the recent announcement regarding Ship Marquee events illustrates that the developers just don't factor in or make an attempt at capturing market research. @CG_SBCrumb said

"Ship Marquee bundles are something we are experimenting with and may change in the future."

There should be no need to "experiment" with the amount of engagement on the forums and the ability to gather feedback using different mechanisms. These items coupled with a reoccurring theme from the developers expressing concern that a game mode or feature "wasn't being used as intended" makes it really feel like they don't have their pulse on the user community. Our guild replaces about 2 members a month and it is taking longer and longer to find a replacement which could indicate a decline in interest for the game. I hope not because I love this game, but I also hope that the developers get back to implementing gameplay that is enjoyable and less of a grind.
    518 posts Member
    Options

He’s been on a hard node for almost a year now....

Along side other more important characters. That's why having him in Guild store was normal after a long time. On the other hand there was no reason to remove him from that place.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    This raid seems to have caused issues across the board. From whale guilds and the top 3 position rewards all the way down to newer guilds trying to find their place in the game. How this amount of comments hasn't seen some form of response is bananas.

Anyway, I'm in a guild that despite has a few open spaces is TRYING to progress from t4-5. Our previous one was done in 6 days as folks felt mildly optimistic by the challenge. Rather than return to t4 and gather members feedback, off we went with another t5. Now day 5 and it looks like 8 days til we finish.

The whole nonsense of p1 and p4 being the harder phases have seen a huge decline in effort from all members. The desire to progress by some is hindered by those unwilling to sacrifice the time for the greater good. Can't blame them when the rewards for the effort remain peanuts. If we go blindly into another t5 I for one have to contemplate my future there.

This raid has damaged so many guilds. New content is supposed to be a challenge. I get that. But with all the time saving in game we were promised it feels and is growing every update. This will remain the first thing thrown under the bus and the coin flip is no doubt anything fleet related.

So devs, please comment, say you're aware of the damage being caused and PLEASE say a sensible resolution is close at hand.

PS: Can we have it here in the official forums rather than Reddit or somewhere else. Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.