Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    I love the update but why can we not have an "aerial dogfight" and a "naval battle". 3V3 and I am not saying 5v5 but maybe even more than that as a naval battle. You know like a above Coruscant in . We could have multiple versions of the same "non unique"/"generic" character on the battle field like the enemy in TBs. e.g. Geonosian soldiers Starfighter or DT/STs Tie Reaper.
    A larger scale battle would also negate somewhat the "encounter ending" abilities.
  • Options
    Can you please consider putting reinforcement mats on more than that one node? Maybe think about putting it on every cantina node that has a pilot or a ship on it ?

Either way, having more options than that one barris node would be nice since the ship pve table is delayed for such a long time from its original intended release.
  • Options
    Left hand: Here have double drops as a celebration!
    Right hand: Here, limit yourself to one node throughout the double drop period, in order to maintain any competitive edge.

Yay, left hand!!
    Booo, right hand!
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    So if I have this right you're putting reinforcement mats in a cantina node up until we really need them and not disclosing how they will be obtainable afterwards?

That's gotta be the most blatant cash grab ever

No, they are putting reinforcement mats in a cantina node up until they are farmable in ship PvE to give us a head start. That's the opposite of cash grab.

To risk to sound like someone who whines, you are right until there is situation like mine. I started farming vets last time rey was around and i have finished chewy and are less then 100 shards away from full Han and obviously i wont pause this farm for SRM and to make it worse I allready have Barriss on 7*, so in my opinion they should have put this in a store somewhere because cantina is too valueable spot also we have shards there and mods so to make it farm place for third thing which will be important if you want to stay relevant in ships you have to make choice between those or you could keep farming your toons and buy reinforcement mats which is why many of us percive it as cash grab
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    To risk to sound like someone who whines, you are right until there is situation like mine. I started farming vets last time rey was around and i have finished chewy and are less then 100 shards away from full Han and obviously i wont pause this farm for SRM and to make it worse I allready have Barriss on 7*, so in my opinion they should have put this in a store somewhere because cantina is too valueable spot also we have shards there and mods so to make it farm place for third thing which will be important if you want to stay relevant in ships you have to make choice between those or you could keep farming your toons and buy reinforcement mats which is why many of us percive it as cash grab

I don't view airing your suspicion/complaint as "whining".
    The simple fact is that we receive 165 free Cantina Energy p/d, as opposed to 375 free Normal Energy p/d.
    These new items are clearly going to be crucial to people maintaining their PvP positions, for TW etc.
    They have delayed the Ship PvE release & made the new mats available from one existing location/node. Although, don't forget they are gifting everyone enough to upgrade 2 Ships.
    This node is a Cantina Energy node, which we receive less than 50% as much of, for free.
    Understandable how your suspicion was raised.

However, to counter your suspicion, if they put them on Hard nodes for Normal Energy, you would be limited to 8 attempts per node p/d, with the only option for more to either go to a different node, or to use crystals to refresh the attempts, then more crystals to refresh your Energy.
    Being on a Cantina node you are not limited to a predefined amount of attempts, so no need to spend crystals to refresh the attempts.
    Still works out to 100 crystals for 1 refresh, either way, so not sure it can be legitimately called a "cash grab".
    If they were only available to purchase as packs, in the Store, then maybe. But this way doesn't seem designed to make people spend money, to me.
  • Options
    is there an immediate point on upgrading the ships reinforcement abilities on your starting lineup as they aren't reinforced into your team or is there some sort of reason you'd want those up immediately on them also

Bump. I would also like to know the answer to this.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    is there an immediate point on upgrading the ships reinforcement abilities on your starting lineup as they aren't reinforced into your team or is there some sort of reason you'd want those up immediately on them also

Bump. I would also like to know the answer to this.

Is there any point upgrading the reinforcement ability for a ship that you won't call in as a reinforcement?
    Is there any point upgrading the Leader ability for a character that you won't use as a Leader?
    No.
  • ndwilson
    90 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You want to know how to make the ships experience better? Make ships its own standalone game...Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Ships Edition. Let players who like ships go nuts and those that don’t like myself have the old swgoh back. Make swgoh great again #mswgohga

No.

2nd no. Motion fails. Move along.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So if I have this right you're putting reinforcement mats in a cantina node up until we really need them and not disclosing how they will be obtainable afterwards?

No, they are putting reinforcement mats in a cantina node up until they are farmable in ship PvE to give us a head start. That's the opposite of cash grab.

Yeah, with the vets it is understandable, you never know when the next event hits so better be ready asap. Other than that, it's just about priorities. Do I take a break from KRU/FOE/whatever to get better starting point for ships 2.0? I probably will, but I don't think it will actually make or break my performance in ship arena. Of course, I could be wrong and the early mats will be super necessary, but judging from past experience, it should be possible to catch up if your priorities are elsewhere. And remember, it is only temporary. It's not like we will have yet another use for cantina energy forever.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Now hold up here.. you try to liken the reinforcement abilities to the gameplay experience of Hearthstone and Magic the Gathering.. I feel like you are missing a major point. Sure, what’s up their sleeve is a great component of those games, but what makes that aspect great is the AI.

Hearthstone has a very adaptive way of choosing which cards to play. There isn’t an algorithm that looks at their hand and plays a card based on which card is best.. it looks at its hand, looks at the field (both opponents and theirs), and then plays what’s up it’s sleeves.

Have you seen the algorithm for something as simple as checkers? It is mathematically complex. And that is just to choose who to jump. You have so many more components. To match the levels of hearthstone, you guys need some genius to figure out better AI. Both in ships and arena. Because AI makes some terrible moves.

(Small example of many, why is KRU ship using his special off the bat? We all know Stun is WAY more valuable and that his special is really only good after he has built up offense and has gained advantage)
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Now hold up here.. you try to liken the reinforcement abilities to the gameplay experience of Hearthstone and Magic the Gathering.. I feel like you are missing a major point. Sure, what’s up their sleeve is a great component of those games, but what makes that aspect great is the AI.

Hearthstone has a very adaptive way of choosing which cards to play. There isn’t an algorithm that looks at their hand and plays a card based on which card is best.. it looks at its hand, looks at the field (both opponents and theirs), and then plays what’s up it’s sleeves.

Have you seen the algorithm for something as simple as checkers? It is mathematically complex. And that is just to choose who to jump. You have so many more components. To match the levels of hearthstone, you guys need some genius to figure out better AI. Both in ships and arena. Because AI makes some terrible moves.

(Small example of many, why is KRU ship using his special off the bat? We all know Stun is WAY more valuable and that his special is really only good after he has built up offense and has gained advantage)

Hearthstone is not AI though, you play vs other players. The AI games like adventures are incredibly easy and only takes someone 5 minutes after release to work out a deck that auto wins. I think the AI in CG is even better than HS tbh (can't comment on Magic).

Btw CG can you make Rex ship farmable ? I've been trying to buy his shuttle shards for months and I still haven't even unlocked it ! (3*), is he crystals only ??
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »

Btw CG can you make Rex ship farmable ? I've been trying to buy his shuttle shards for months and I still haven't even unlocked it ! (3*), is he crystals only ??

Rex's ship is in the top right spot in ship store, it just appears rather infrequently.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    Options
    I am a bit confused...

Hearthstone is not AI though, you play vs other players. The AI games like adventures are incredibly easy and only takes someone 5 minutes after release to work out a deck that auto wins. I think the AI in CG is even better than HS tbh (can't comment on Magic).

Rex's ship is farm able it appears in 3 different shops... Well 4 if you count shipments....

Going by the ship pack offers I would place money on a big buff for the geonosains.

Currently my ship battles are over soon after my capital ship does its primary. I do not see that changing with a 3v3 start. Unless they buff hp levels a lot, in which case battles will be longer.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options

Rex's ship is in the top right spot in ship store, it just appears rather infrequently.

**** I must be really unlucky then, I wouldn't use guild tokens because saving for Wampa but I check my fleet store every reset and I still only have 24/50 shards on Rex shuttle. I really want him because my Rex is G12 lol

Top right spot though, cheers, I'll remember that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

**** I must be really unlucky then, I wouldn't use guild tokens because saving for Wampa but I check my fleet store every reset and I still only have 24/50 shards on Rex shuttle. I really want him because my Rex is G12 lol

Top right spot though, cheers, I'll remember that.

Be careful not to confuse it with clone sarge's ship, they share the spot and look basically the same.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

They said reinforcement materials will be available in the ship pve board. Calm down.
    If I got right, there are new materials coming for ships as well, beside real money, is there a new shop or new currency planned ? Didn't get that in update description ?

Or i badly captured info? quite possible as well :-)
    You misunderstood, it happens, no worries. New materials will be in the ship pve board.
    Eh, it's alright. You only need 5 reinforcement abilities and they're giving you two right off the bat. I doubt non-spending folks are going to farm more than one, maybe two, while they're in the node. Folks who spend will have all of them maxed out before the thing even starts, but that's always the way it is.

Keep with your normal routine. Finish off Han and don't worry about it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Life is full of choices with pros and cons. You'll almost never get all pros and no cons. Just pick one and be happy we got double drops at all :)
  • Options
    Is the Ship PvE table going to use cantina energy?
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Did you read the OP?

The answer to your question is there. Go and read it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

No, it will have separate energy.
  • sarigis
    11 posts Member
    Options

pretty sure they said ship PvE will have it's own energy
  • Options

No, it will have separate energy.

Please don't enable them.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

You are incorrect sir. There are AI battles in hearthstone, which make advanced decisions.

But this also furthers the point that you cannot call the reinforcements an “up the sleeve” component because you are not fighting a player. You are fighting a non-complex AI
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Good Lord man! Don't give them any ideas!! :D

But like others have said - no, it's own energy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Since the only place we will be able to test these new versions of ships is arena can we have some extra attempts or something?
  • Options
    I wonder if they're going to increase our crystal income somehow. A new table with new energy means the potential for more refreshes. I'm earning 500-600 crystals a day, which covers my refreshes and allows me to save a bit for gear, but a new table with 3 refreshes at 50 crystals apiece (I'm guessing; I have not seen this confirmed anywhere) will have me at break-even or in the negative. It's going to be one more resource strain on my guildmates who only bring in around 200 crystals or less per day; odds are they'll continue to mostly ignore ships.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The packs are all ships that should have been farmed already anyway, and are mostly ships no one uses. (Except Plo he is amazing all around). If they show you a week early that all the garbage ships are going to be the new meta people would have a week or so to start gearing those garbage ships and have them somewhat ready for the drop.... this cuts down on panic farming, because people who DO have those old garbage ships maxxed are going to make a huge jump in arena....and if you want hold your spot.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Whatever it is what it is...

I'm peeved double drops are ruined for me but at least i'll have a full roster of ships with reinforcement skills...

I think what got me today was the Ship PVE "It's almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! almost ready to release !!!!!!!!! Here it comes !!!!!!!! then they slip in.... ONLY 5 MOAR weeks !!! Late June !!!!!! It's like you get pumped, excited, drooling.... and they keep posting soooooooo close...then in one post 5 weeekssssss to goooo. (I'm totally totally on board with get it right vs early release, trust me on that) But every post leading up to "Late June" signified this stuff was coming SOONer than later.

Anyway DEV's if your truly trying to make the game better all around THANK YOU for your hard work (I mean it sincerely) if your just constant goalpost shifting (bad raid rewards, change rewards, revert to bad awards, dont worry we fixing, etc etc etc just to buy time to never fix anything...then shame

EDIT : I would love to see some bug fixes that make our squads work better or make us a little stronger or better at something instead of "almost strictly" focusing on bugs that make everything more difficult but hey..... can't have it all I get it :) Perception right ?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    The packs are all ships that should have been farmed already anyway, and are mostly ships no one uses. (Except Plo he is amazing all around).

Why would I have farmed ships that are useless?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Options

TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    The packs are all ships that should have been farmed already anyway, and are mostly ships no one uses. (Except Plo he is amazing all around).

Why would I have farmed ships that are useless?

TB squadrons?
    TW?

Thus - no ships were useless (at least that is the excuse I use to explain why I only have the Falcon and Kylo’s shuttle- both at 6 Star - to finish off)