Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    Kyngzilla wrote: »
    It's not only 3 ships. Jesus. It's still 5v5 it just starts out 3v3.

This.

Gosh I get bored of reiterating it. Some people just don't seem to want to listen.

Well aren't you a smart know-it-all.
    There are people like me who just started to play the game.
    Not everyone knows everything about the game and the forum.

I play for two and a half months now and I very much like the game.
    For me the fleet battles even were the best part of it.

But now it gets changed just because some of you reached the point where they have everything and are bored with the meta.
    But there will be another meta and you'll get bored again.

Oh, I see, after 2,5 months, your ship shard hasn't yet reached the usual degenerate state. Mature shards right now are just the same fleets over and over ad nauseam and the outcome is pretty much decided by a dice roll, so a lot of people don't even bother to play more than the one match for daily activity. Trust me, it is a problem that needs to be addressed.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    And I still think we need a capital ship for the first order with maybe Hux as commander, one for the resistance with maybe Holdo and one for separatists with maybe Dooku as commander. Also enough fighters to get synergy for each fraction.
    I think Grievous needs a ship because he's pretty useless in the game.
    And Anakin plays no part in the game at all, he needs a do over.
    Lately we got the fourth Han Solo and still no trace of some iconic characters like Padme or C3PO?
    I mean come on...
    Although, I understand that they brought another Han and Chewie with the release of Solo the movie.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    And I still think we need a capital ship for the first order with maybe Hux as commander, one for the resistance with maybe Holdo and one for separatists with maybe Dooku as commander. Also enough fighters to get synergy for each fraction.
    I think Grievous needs a ship because he's pretty useless in the game.
    And Anakin plays no part in the game at all, he needs a do over.
    Lately we got the fourth Han Solo and still no trace of some iconic characters like Padme or C3PO?
    I mean come on...
    Although, I understand that they brought another Han and Chewie with the release of Solo the movie.

Agreed that we need more capitals and fighters. I would prefer General Leia to command the Raddus and Grievous with the Malevolence for the seps, but anyone will do in the end. Oh, and the Ravager for Nihilus.
    Anyway, if I remember correctly, the devs have said that they intentionally held back on ship content before ships 2.0, so we might get plenty more ships soon.
  • Franimus
    128 posts Member
    Options
    What we needed were capital ships for resistance, first order and separatists.
    And at least 5 fighters for each fraction.
    But 3v3 is really **** then there's no need for more fighters.

I'm betting they held off on the new capital ships until after 3v3 and hardware abilities were in place for balance reasons.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    It will also allow people to use any ability from any ship and dictate when that ship goes. Scimitar for instance is a very slow ship, so most people used him as a reinforcement which meant someone had to die before you could stealth. Now you can choose to call him in and stealth the first time your cap ship goes which is well before he would have gone in your starting fleet.

Unless your cap ship reinforcement ability starts on cooldown, that is...we don't really know how this will work yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    It will favor ultra fast ships to dispatch one opponent before the fight. If Kylo Ren's ship will stay as super fast one - he will also be the non plus ultra as he will stun one ship resulting in 2v3.
    Also Biggs + 2 TL ships will be decent.
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Yes cuz with reaper being meta we all get so many capital ship turns. /sarcasm
    Guys, we keep saying it, but people keep forgetting it: All your arguments are predicated on ships staying the way they are. They said they're overhauling every ship. Speed, damage, health, protection, but most importantly abilities. Talking about metas and what ships are going to be best with a 3-ship starting lineup is just chatter--nothing will work the way it did.
    TVF wrote: »
    It will also allow people to use any ability from any ship and dictate when that ship goes. Scimitar for instance is a very slow ship, so most people used him as a reinforcement which meant someone had to die before you could stealth. Now you can choose to call him in and stealth the first time your cap ship goes which is well before he would have gone in your starting fleet.

Unless your cap ship reinforcement ability starts on cooldown, that is...we don't really know how this will work yet.
    That's the one thing they've said--reinforcement abilities will be passive abilities that occur when the ship comes into play from the reinforcement area.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Huh? I mean on your first cap ship turn, you can't bring a reinforcement in because it's on a one turn cooldown at the start instead of after the first time you use it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

This.

Gosh I get bored of reiterating it. Some people just don't seem to want to listen.

But now it gets changed just because some of you reached the point where they have everything and are bored with the meta.

Oh, I see, after 2,5 months, your ship shard hasn't yet reached the usual degenerate state. Mature shards right now are just the same fleets over and over ad nauseam and the outcome is pretty much decided by a dice roll, so a lot of people don't even bother to play more than the one match for daily activity. Trust me, it is a problem that needs to be addressed.

You forgot to add "in my opinion". I also like the current iteration of fleets - and I've been playing for over 2 and half years. Suggesting that outcomes are decided at random is either disingenuous or suggests a lack of understanding of how the mechanics in fleet arena currently work. The player has significantly more control on the outcome of a fleet arena battle than a squad arena battle.

IMHO, there is no "problem" in fleet arena that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately, I won't be at all shocked when this "fix" is buggy and, amazingly, at the same time causes everyone to have to farm and level new pilots and new ships to deal with the new meta.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This.

You forgot to add "in my opinion". I also like the current iteration of fleets - and I've been playing for over 2 and half years. Suggesting that outcomes are decided at random is either disingenuous or suggests a lack of understanding of how the mechanics in fleet arena currently work. The player has significantly more control on the outcome of a fleet arena battle than a squad arena battle.

IMHO, there is no "problem" in fleet arena that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately, I won't be at all shocked when this "fix" is buggy and, amazingly, at the same time causes everyone to have to farm and level new pilots and new ships to deal with the new meta.

It's not necessarily random, but I have a lot more control in arena than in fleet, just via opponent selection. In arena I get to pick fights with EP teams, other JTR teams, Rex teams, NS teams, CLS teams...etc. And beyond that, I can pick teams with a slower BB8, or a too-slow Vader, etc. In fleet my choices are Chim/Reaper/TF/FOTF/Vader/Biggs, or Chim/Reaper/TF/FOTF/Vader/Biggs, or Chim/Reaper/TF/FOTF/Vader/Biggs...and they're all maxed with no mods so there's no variation. My TF or the other TF, who goes first has nothing to do with mods, it's completely random.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

This.

It's not necessarily random, but I have a lot more control in arena than in fleet, just via opponent selection. In arena I get to pick fights with EP teams, other JTR teams, Rex teams, NS teams, CLS teams...etc. And beyond that, I can pick teams with a slower BB8, or a too-slow Vader, etc. In fleet my choices are Chim/Reaper/TF/FOTF/Vader/Biggs, or Chim/Reaper/TF/FOTF/Vader/Biggs, or Chim/Reaper/TF/FOTF/Vader/Biggs...and they're all maxed with no mods so there's no variation. My TF or the other TF, who goes first has nothing to do with mods, it's completely random.

Also, the outcome of a typical fleet fight depends largely on whether target locks land, which is completely random as well (with the exception of Vader). Of course, saying that it is all just a dice roll was a bit exaggerated, but there is definitely a lot of randomness included, I would say more than in squad arena.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

This.

Except that is not where the battle is decided. You also have control over what ship abilities to use, what capital ship abilities to use, and in what order to use them, what reinforcements to send in, and in what order, etc.

And to be quite honest, the only target options I have in squad arena in the top 10 right now is do I want to fight against the 5* Traya - zPalp team or the 7* Sion - zPalp team - and there are no reinforcements, no capital ship abilities to help me mitigate the massive coin-flip war of TM.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

This.

I place top 2 consistently in my shard. Been playing for years as well. Imo, I'm looking forward to a shakeup. Capital ship ultimate abilities are supposed to be game changers. Most of the time, they are just finishers. Like using Tarkin's or Thrawn's to kill one last ship, or not having enough guys left to use Mace's or Akbar's effectively.

Going to 3v3 will slow down the fights, because you won't be able to burn down ships one by one with a 5v1 essentially.

I'll miss my easy crystals though, that's for sure.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

This.

I place top 2 consistently in my shard. Been playing for years as well. Imo, I'm looking forward to a shakeup. Capital ship ultimate abilities are supposed to be game changers. Most of the time, they are just finishers.

Most of the time, they aren't used because the fight is already over.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Huh? I mean on your first cap ship turn, you can't bring a reinforcement in because it's on a one turn cooldown at the start instead of after the first time you use it.

They said that, too--it starts off cooldown.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not to push your buttons but you know some of that information will possibly be released through GC videos or something like that. They like to do that when there is a lot of information to get out.

I hate how they've started doing that. I enjoy reading notes in the morning before work, or whatever, but really don't enjoy watching videos. I normally keep up with all my SWGOH "homework" but when it's on the videos I miss out :/
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Did they? Was this in a video? I've heard conflicting information. No surprise when they release information via videos only...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    It will favor ultra fast ships to dispatch one opponent before the fight. If Kylo Ren's ship will stay as super fast one - he will also be the non plus ultra as he will stun one ship resulting in 2v3.
    Also Biggs + 2 TL ships will be decent.
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Yes cuz with reaper being meta we all get so many capital ship turns. /sarcasm
    Guys, we keep saying it, but people keep forgetting it: All your arguments are predicated on ships staying the way they are. They said they're overhauling every ship. Speed, damage, health, protection, but most importantly abilities. Talking about metas and what ships are going to be best with a 3-ship starting lineup is just chatter--nothing will work the way it did.

That's the one thing they've said--reinforcement abilities will be passive abilities that occur when the ship comes into play from the reinforcement area.

I dont recall them saying anything about abilities changing other than adding reinforcement abilities.

Stat changes yes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Did they? Was this in a video? I've heard conflicting information. No surprise when they release information via videos only...

It was in a video, not sure if they stayed it anywhere else yet.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

And this is the problem. When the force update happens today sometime around 7pm ET and this goes to 3v3 (7v7 w reinforcements - give it a rest CoastalJames-we're using our eyeballs and it's not 5v5 in that video. Maybe you'll be right, maybe you won't.) the US based players have somewhere between an hour to three hours to figure out an entirely new system. Oh, and it's quite possible it won't be 3v3 (to start) or the ships abilities won't change at all or they could drastically change or... you get the drift. The video that was mandatory (because the devs wouldn't post any notes about potential changes) viewing if you wanted an idea of what was coming was very clear about these changes being in flux, nothing guaranteed.
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat @CG_Leviathan - You all promised more/better communication... where's that at? Less than 24 hours notice with an entirely new system? Come on. And PLEASE don't make me watch another 40 minute video to figure out the changes. Write them down for Yoda's sake. Some of us are visual learners. Some of us don't speak the language. Some of us are deaf. The GC's will do a thousand videos for those that want to watch, some of us prefer to read.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »

And this is the problem. When the force update happens today sometime around 7pm ET and this goes to 3v3 (7v7 w reinforcements - give it a rest CoastalJames-we're using our eyeballs and it's not 5v5 in that video. Maybe you'll be right, maybe you won't.) the US based players have somewhere between an hour to three hours to figure out an entirely new system. Oh, and it's quite possible it won't be 3v3 (to start) or the ships abilities won't change at all or they could drastically change or... you get the drift. The video that was mandatory (because the devs wouldn't post any notes about potential changes) viewing if you wanted an idea of what was coming was very clear about these changes being in flux, nothing guaranteed.
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat @CG_Leviathan - You all promised more/better communication... where's that at? Less than 24 hours notice with an entirely new system? Come on. And PLEASE don't make me watch another 40 minute video to figure out the changes. Write them down for Yoda's sake. Some of us are visual learners. Some of us don't speak the language. Some of us are deaf. The GC's will do a thousand videos for those that want to watch, some of us prefer to read.

Yes, 1 match may be on shorter notice, but without listing out all the stat changes any advanced notice wont really help.

We could just take a little more relaxed approach to a big update and let things all settle out as it does and maybe accept you wont have a 100% grasp of things for a day or 3 and let it go.

They have been more open and communicating, that doesnt mean they will do it on "our" schedule. Just relax it will be ok.
  • Options
    What? You can't write stewpid on this forum?

Not surprised. You can't even asterisk your own swears out.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »

Yes, 1 match may be on shorter notice, but without listing out all the stat changes any advanced notice wont really help.

We could just take a little more relaxed approach to a big update and let things all settle out as it does and maybe accept you wont have a 100% grasp of things for a day or 3 and let it go.

They have been more open and communicating, that doesnt mean they will do it on "our" schedule. Just relax it will be ok.

I honestly don't mind short notice... I would like that communicated tho. "We're working on this, we'll have detailed notes for you by 3pm PT" or similar would be stellar. And I disagree (which is allowed), knowing those changes would help a lot. I like to wrap my brain around abilities and that's ok. You shoot from the hip which is fine too.
    But in the meantime.... Don't tell me to "relax it will be ok." Your patronizing tone isn't appreciated. Asking for information on a change that's happening today is fair game. Asking that it not come in a video form is a fair ask. I have the same problem with you as I do CoastalJames (and did with BentWookie in his day) - You're a moderator. You look for abuse and deal with it. That is not a license to patronize or pretend to know more than you do (more CJ than you). But don't tell me it'll all be ok. Of course it will. Don't do me like that.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The main thing I'm a little worried about is the reduction of the battle timer to 5min; I'm curious to see how that'll affect my very busy payout time (half the people in my server are competing at that time). Battle was always decided in 1 minute - everyone just waits until 15s to finish to block, as there's no effective defense right now. Maybe this update will make that less necessary, which would be nice as waiting on a countdown timer for 6 minutes is really dull.
    As for the meta, they could have very easily shaken it up with a slight modification to Biggs' Daring Assault ability: "Biggs' Xwing recovers 35% Protection and Taunts for 1 turn whenever an enemy is Target Locked by a light side ally." Suddenly Biggs + TIEs doesn't work anymore.
    That being said, I'm interested to see what all the reenforcement bonuses are, and how the ships have been altered. Most of my ships are 7* with g11-12 pilots, so it'll boil down to figuring out which reenforcement bonuses to materials to farm first.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Reserved.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Can we get the ability descriptions and/or any specific details on the rebalance?
  • Options
    Can we get the ability descriptions and/or any specific details on the rebalance?

Not till they are released ;)
  • Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »

Not till they are released ;)

When new toons arrive, we always get a first look at their abilities before they arrive...
    Also with reworks
    Why not now?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why not now?
    Always? Not sure it was a standard. I AM sure it won't be too hard to figure out once it's up and running. My engines are all fired up and awaiting launch codes. LET'S DO THIS!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Will Cassian's ship be viable? o:)
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ely wrote: »
    Will Cassian's ship be viable? o:)

Who said he wasn't? >:)