Client Restart...no DSTB rewards (Dev Response & Final solution)

Replies

• Options
    Lmaoooooo
  • Malgrin
    149 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    p52b596bxbzh.png
  • Options
    Rucous1 wrote: »
    What I find even more irksome is where is this new guy Crumb? Or Carrie? They have read the post and know people are mad. Do they care? It looks like they don’t.

They were off for the long weekend. And are probably still sleeping. Do you talk to people/clients at work when it’s your days off?

As an Operations Manager of a multi-truck Restoration/Carpet Cleaning Company my phone is always on, and I'm always abailable. When you run things, the workday never ends.

For sure. And I’m sure you get super busy at the worst times. But! If you told someone you would handle something on Tuesday while it was Friday. I’m sure you’d be like - double u tee eff when people called up and said hey where you at!

Also- for the most part they don’t work or are not active during the weekends in CG. So it’s kind of unfair to them to wake up on a Tuesday in a different time zone and be like where are they!?
  • Options
    May 29th 2018 and I have yet to receive these rewards despite everyone in my guild receiving them on may 25th, and to answer the question before it's asked I have been in the guild for over a year so yes I was with my guild for the last tb and participated through all phases so no reason why I should still not have them, this is very frustrating
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    What I find even more irksome is where is this new guy Crumb? Or Carrie? They have read the post and know people are mad. Do they care? It looks like they don’t.

They were off for the long weekend. And are probably still sleeping. Do you talk to people/clients at work when it’s your days off?

As an Operations Manager of a multi-truck Restoration/Carpet Cleaning Company my phone is always on, and I'm always abailable. When you run things, the workday never ends.

For sure. And I’m sure you get super busy at the worst times. But! If you told someone you would handle something on Tuesday while it was Friday. I’m sure you’d be like - double u tee eff when people called up and said hey where you at!

Also- for the most part they don’t work or are not active during the weekends in CG. So it’s kind of unfair to them to wake up on a Tuesday in a different time zone and be like where are they!?

Moral of the story:

Yes, devs are a special breed. I work in software. Few can do what they do. As a result, they kinda set their own hours.

CG said they'd take care of it on Tuesday. We should give them until the end of their business hours to get it resolved before sounding off.

I did not get my rewards either and yes I am very annoyed. But be patient. It's one thing to provide feedback on how the missing rewards impacted you, but just saying "where are my rewards?" is not constructive to the situation.

@Vinny_Vader_Vedi *edit* did not mean to reply directly to you and infer I was criticizing your post. Just meant to add on to what you're already saying and hit quote as force of habit.
  • Options
    May 29th 2018 and I have still not received my rewards despite my entire guild receiving them and yes I have been in the guild for long time so I was with them the last tb we did and still no rewards, this is very frustrating
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

Moral of the story:

Yes, devs are a special breed. I work in software. Few can do what they do. As a result, they kinda set their own hours.

CG said they'd take care of it on Tuesday. We should give them until the end of their business hours to get it resolved before sounding off.

I did not get my rewards either and yes I am very annoyed. But be patient. It's one thing to provide feedback on how the missing rewards impacted you, but just saying "where are my rewards?" is not constructive to the situation.

@Vinny_Vader_Vedi *edit* did not mean to reply directly to you and infer I was criticizing your post. Just meant to add on to what you're already saying and hit quote as force of habit.

Quote me anytime! Beware of my lack of punctuation and ramblings tho!
    I’m more about a heads up. Which they provided. I’m easy to please. I didn’t receive awards either.
    I’m just happy they said - Tuesday we ll get on it.
    And from there I add in time zones and past performances.

It is ironic though. I praised the devs for pushing the tb aside. My main point to it was “hey do you want your rewards to go missing for months.” Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @kronictoker9

It's a know issue, and it was a holiday weekend they just got into the office. Give them time to figure it out
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We are investigating if there are issues with the rewards. I've updated the original post but please be patient as the process is going very slowly due to the large volume of players.

• Rucous1
    37 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

They're probably sleeping, since it's only 6:00 AM where they are. And from experience, CG employees get to the office around 10:00 AM local time (i.e. 4 hours from now).

Ok so let’s take your time into account. They get to work at 10 am PST they release the update at 3:30 pm they start getting complaints almost immediately. By my reckoning they have 3 hours to put into work. If you start at 10am you get off at 6:30pm.

So in 10 minuets we should be hearing we are sorry and we will do better at communication in the future.
  • Options

I would let my customer know directly to them, not call their neighbor's second cousin twice removed. Which is exactly what Reddit is to the "official" forum.

I understand busy. I understand holidays. What I don't understand is repeatedly releasing updates or patches on a Friday on the way out the door. It never ends well.

• Options

I would let my customer know directly to them, not call their neighbor's second cousin twice removed. Which is exactly what Reddit is to the "official" forum.

I understand busy. I understand holidays. What I don't understand is repeatedly releasing updates or patches on a Friday on the way out the door. It never ends well.

Lmao great gif.
    Believe me there’s a huge thread on here about just that. Make the forums official official lol no response. But it did get a little round about mention in one of the update notes about communicating -
    Paraphrasing of course - they will continue communication through reddit and YouTube etc etc.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    May 29th 2018 and I have still not received my rewards despite my entire guild receiving them and yes I have been in the guild for long time so I was with them the last tb we did and still no rewards, this is very frustrating

They had a 4 day weekend for Memorial Day
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't know where to post this specific problem I'm having so i'll just get to it.

I originally started and only played this game on my android phone. Started as a Guest. Made a primary account made a bunch of terrible choices which moved it to an alt, and made a new primary account. However, I still play both accounts.

Then I recently got an Apple iPad. When I downloaded the game, and started it up I just instantly linked my primary account. Problem with that is under settings there is zero option to log out, to where I can attempt to figure out how to link my alt account.

So ultimately that's two issues.

No log out setting.
    Not sure how to link and play both accounts on new device.
    In scared to try to link second account as is, since knowing my luck it will delete my primary account and lose it on both platforms.
  • Tk42124
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve not reveived my rewards yet either.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think to run it like that on IOS you need to make 2 game center accounts and switch them at the device level to switch between in game accounts
  • paschasc
    94 posts Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday. It's 1030 AM PDT. My Inbox is empty.

An update on how it's going would be nice.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    I think Kyno is correct - had a primary and an alt account with a different game and you had to log in and out of Game Center to access the two game accounts. I’m assuming the same would be true here
  • Options
    paschasc wrote: »
    It's Tuesday. It's 1030 AM PDT. My Inbox is empty.

An update on how it's going would be nice.

C'mon, they haven't had time to Meditate, drink a cup'o Joe, eat an acocado, AND have a meeting yet. Geesh. Maybe after nap time and afternoon yoga we'll get something.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Tuesday 8 pm in Germany. Still no rewards and no infos from the devs...
    Awesome job!
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ignore
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Same thing here. Another TW on the horizon, still no TB rewards. And no communication... How sweet.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    No DSTB rewards and I have not seen any communication.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Options
    yeah same 1900 uk and nothing
  • Doxige
    98 posts Member
    Options
    This late reward would mean better placement in pvp thanks to new gear 12, that probably would mean better rewards....but who cares isn't? Is not like Is CG problem... Oh wait!
  • Options
    Oh, the rewards are not inbox...

• Rucous1
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I get a email from EA support asking if the issue has been resolved. Why no I still don’t have rewards and you don’t know this? When I reply I get “Ea is not accepting messages right now.” How about I ask Apple for a refund of all the money I spent on this game!
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I get a email from EA support asking if the issue has been resolved. Why no I still don’t have rewards and you don’t know this? When I reply I get “Ea is not accepting messages right now.” How about I ask Apple for a refund of all the money I spent on this game!

I think you could get in trouble for asking for or even mentioning refunds... just an FYI... but I totally understand your frustration and really wish @CG_Carrie and others there could understand as well and at the very least communicate with us... it’s totally unprofessional that they pushed this off til after the weekend when a tw happened and many people didn’t get rewards... the people who didn’t, deserve some sort of compensation, as they have been detrimentally affected by the delay... many people will say “it’s just a game”... but there’s real money involved and the time that you acquire resources in this game effects how you do overall. If you get rewards a day earlier than others, you will have an advantage in arena, fleet arena and territory wars and it is completely not fair. Please communicate with us what the plan is.
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    Options
    If this game only functioned Monday through Friday from 8-5 pst, I could understand../ no one expects the post office to deal with a situation at 11pm Sunday night before Memorial Day... but this is a problem that was known on Friday, as evidenced by cg’s reddit post, and ignored until presumably today. This game functions on weekends and should be supported on weekends... the fact that double drops were going on all weekend and those that got their rewards were able to use them is a slap in the face to the rest of us who didn’t get their rewards... their rewards are worth more than ours and in addition, they were able to progress further in game because they got them sooner.
  • Options
    The most annoying thing is the lack of communication not the delay.
This discussion has been closed.