T3-M4

Replies

• Jaxom wrote: »
    KorrinX wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »
    if you have apple, just get an android emulator and link the GOH account to a dummy google account, then get the android exclusive, problem solved

I assume this is less than legal, and would require jail breaking my phone? I’m not keen on doing something illegal to get a character in a game.

I get it’s a promotion, and Apple don’t do that sort of thing whereas Android do...so don’t do it as a promotion. It’s not like we don’t have marquee events all the time anyways.

Not at all illegal. There is a link your account option in the game now, allowing you to play your account on both platforms.

I was just coming here to say exactly this.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    M_L wrote: »
    The only use i have for 3 star toons is to test them out in GW to see if there's any synergies at low gear/level anyway

This. I play games for battle mechanics. I see a set of tools to have and I can’t just because I don’t have the right phone. I’m not upset, not whining , just asking why that is and can I buy what they have developed. If not, fine; if so, fine. Seems odd that they would miss out on the sale NOW. Must have been a lot of money or iOS P2P is not significant.

I doubt this is CG, more EAs doing, but since this is the only forum, things get conflated.

• thewhitegift
    294 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Whine whine whine cry cry cry... My goodness what has the world come to. You guys do realize a lot of people are actually starving right now, right? Like, they have no food.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    All I care about is that I'm still not reading about this on the official forums of the game.

Getting a 3* marquee character one week sooner or later doesn't matter to me at all.

If its just a week or two I don’t care that much, problem is EA definition of “soon” is .....
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Reminds me of back with k2sO.. Criiiiinge! lol

CG or EA are not going to turn down an opportunity to acquire more users at low cost even if iOS users think that it is unfair.

Besides this is no where near as abrasive as K2SO. Android get the character early, but get no extra benefit beyond that. They don't get extra shards and the character is gonna be farmable at the same time.

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Whine whine whine cry cry cry... My goodness what has the world come to. You guys do realize a lot of people are actually starving right now, right? Like, they have no food.

Im playing a game, thank you

• Riffinator wrote: »
    So you would say no to the money if you were a Dev? Cause I would absolutely take the money

Like any reasonable person, there are amounts of money I would say yes to, and amounts of money I would say no to. And the break even point would depend on a number of factors, including, most importantly, the time horizon over which I needed to maintain the goodwill of the player base.

In short, deciding to take a lump sum now by partnering with google, rather than trying to create a sense of trust and fair play in hopes of driving customer spending later, suggests to me that the company’s planning horizon is shorter than I’d previously thought.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • This seems like the most pointless exclusive possible.

Why does it matter if it's just the standard marquee event?

It's not like we'll actually get something useful on android that ios won't.

Seems like a waste of money on google's part.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

Not a hissy fit just brought up the principal of the whole situation and in a previous post asked us not to start a flame war. Just asking for an intelligent conversation. I’m sorry if I’ve incited a flame war, it was not my intention
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

Not a hissy fit just brought up the principal of the whole situation and in a previous post asked us not to start a flame war. Just asking for an intelligent conversation. I’m sorry if I’ve incited a flame war, it was not my intention

You might be but others aren't
    DarthGugel wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    T3-M4 is coming to iOS in the future. Right now the Marquee Event, Bundles and Packs for T3 are only available on Android devices but ALL of these will appear on iOS as well. Dates for iOS TBA

Pathetic dumb@$$ CG

Case in point
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • ah.. at least we can switch platform now... but needs to wait 24h to switch again or something like that right?
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

You might be but others aren't
    DarthGugel wrote: »
    T3-M4 is coming to iOS in the future. Right now the Marquee Event, Bundles and Packs for T3 are only available on Android devices but ALL of these will appear on iOS as well. Dates for iOS TBA

Pathetic dumb@$$ CG

Case in point

Thank you my good man. Voices of reason are seldom heard. Thank you once again
  • Viserys wrote: »
    CG doesn't just decide that Android gets it first just because folks.

The conversation probably goes a lot like this:

CG: We want to be featured front page on the play store
    Google: Okay, but you have to give android users some kind of exclusive benefit
    CG: Okay. Last time we gave them a character and we were never forgiven, so this time we'll let them get a character a week early.

The other one went like this:

CG: We want to be featured front page on the app store
    Apple: Pay us.
    CG: No.
    Apple: Then go to hell.
    Viserys wrote: »
    CG doesn't just decide that Android gets it first just because folks.

The conversation probably goes a lot like this:

CG: We want to be featured front page on the play store
    Google: Okay, but you have to give android users some kind of exclusive benefit
    CG: Okay. Last time we gave them a character and we were never forgiven, so this time we'll let them get a character a week early.

The other one went like this:

CG: We want to be featured front page on the app store
    Apple: Pay us.
    CG: No.
    Apple: Then go to hell.

This is the actual truth though. Unfortunate but very true
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @MonkeyBones
    Clearly your new here, if you have history somewhere you would be emotionaly attached to things going on as well.
  • I will say this much, and I'm loathe to complain, but I'm a little disappointed that I'm still waiting for news on the delayed mod update.

I'm okay with waiting, but I'd like some news - even if it's that there's no new news.
  • Sorry guys I’m usually not vocal on here at all however the divide between android and iOS is just a waste of our time. We all play the game together and for the most part enjoy the experience, as a group of Star Wars fans. I’m just not liking how whatever device we use builds a wall between us. We are united worldwide as a community can we please act like one. Just my humble opinion as a player
    518 posts Member
    if you have apple, just get an android emulator and link the GOH account to a dummy google account, then get the android exclusive, problem solved

Yeah. About that, what would you do with a iOS user that has a Mac computer ?
  • IceNine
    48 posts Member
    Guest wrote: »

I am finding a co-worker with an android phone that I can use for a few minutes.
  • Can someone find that quote from the developers when they said they wouldnt release bonuses to one platform because it ruins the game economy?
  • Odin_Noah wrote: »
    Can someone find that quote from the developers when they said they wouldnt release bonuses to one platform because it ruins the game economy?

There isn't an actual bonus though. You aren't getting anything extra on android. It won't ruin the game economy.

It's just a pretty pointless exclusive.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

• I'm sure there won't be any delay on it being required in platoons for TB, though!
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member

huh? there are plenty of android emulators for mac. e.g., bluestacks
    Hodor
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Odin_Noah wrote: »
    Can someone find that quote from the developers when they said they wouldnt release bonuses to one platform because it ruins the game economy?

There isn't an actual bonus though. You aren't getting anything extra on android. It won't ruin the game economy.

Time is actually a bonus though, so yes, there is a bonus. Your point should be that the bonus does not seem significant, however, at this point, we simply do not know as they did not release the date at which T3 is going to be available to IOS users.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Where’s the comment dislike button?

Mine is in my pocket, with my credit card. I'd suggest other iPhone uses keep their dislike buttons right next to their credit cards, in their pockets, for the foreseeable future.

Meh.... iPhone users only know how to use one button anyways.... Lol

Just picking, this is pretty unfair to you guys..... I am going to protest this by unlocking the toon and leaving him LVL one and not paying a cent towards levelling it...... :)
  • Azza wrote: »
    Odin_Noah wrote: »

Time is actually a bonus though, so yes, there is a bonus. Your point should be that the bonus does not seem significant, however, at this point, we simply do not know as they did not release the date at which T3 is going to be available to IOS users.

But there's not usefulness from having a marquee earlier, unless you're talking about whaling the character, in which case you'd have another phone or device you could easily use.

It won't be a high enough star level to be used in TB, and it will most likely be farmable at the same time.

What sort of bonus are you actually forseeing?

Being able to have a 3* character sit at lvl1 longer?
    To get a refund:

• Segurnal
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    OMG....poor poor CG. They cannot make their own decisions. They MUST give this benefit to the android users. They don’t have choice!

What?!? CG wants the money and they dont care on the mood on the iOS player.
    I loved SWTOR but EA destroyed this game with their choices.
    CG is on the same way with such kind of decisions
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • ah.. at least we can switch platform now... but needs to wait 24h to switch again or something like that right?

Not at all. I usually play on an Apple device but I also run on a an Android emulator. It’s great when you need to get some hits in HSITH and are on a conference call. No one knows you aren’t paying attention.

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

Good to know that you admonishing people on a forum will somehow solve that food shortage problem. It's the only reason I can think of for such an irrelevant post.

As for the other issues.

Early access: Whatever. A 3* toon is a 3* toon. He'll become farmable at the same time for everyone.

Posting on reddit instead of forum: Posting on the official forum has been secondary for some time.

Apple: They played the Sith Raid and realised the game wasn't worth the investment.

• r2steve2 wrote: »

huh? there are plenty of android emulators for mac. e.g., bluestacks

Bluestacks isn’t actively developing a Mac client any longer. I use Nox App Player daily.