T3-M4

Replies

• Im pleased that they finally learned at least one lesson, as an IOS user that had to work up my K2S0 the hard way to 7 star i was not best pleased, that was a poor decision, and whilst they are doing it again its not the same thing, its a Marquee event, so 3 star clutter for 9 months.

If your really upset instead of crying about it just go get an emulator and prepare yourselves, google it, no one is going to provide step by step instructions, its not difficult.

More annoying is CG does not respect the official forums and release on reddit first, bad manners, but a non event that all can work around this time.
  • They just don't learn from past mistakes- whether it be exclusives, communication, whatever. Just keep banging your head against the same wall.

I'm an Android user, and didn't agree with K2S0 or this. Also, don't get me started on everything else they turn to dust just by touching.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    They just don't learn from past mistakes- whether it be exclusives, communication, whatever. Just keep banging your head against the same wall.

I'm an Android user, and didn't agree with K2S0 or this. Also, don't get me started on everything else they turn to dust just by touching.

They don’t turn things into dust; they turn things into gold. Mistakes for them seem to make money. But one day, they will accidentally turn their fan base into gold. And then all the life in us will be gone.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Bluestacks has to be loving this new event haha. They should dend CG a thank you card for all their new downloads. I almost bet Bluestacks sponsored the event too.
  • Android users be like:
    giphy.gif
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    T3-M4 is coming to iOS in the future. Right now the Marquee Event, Bundles and Packs for T3 are only available on Android devices but ALL of these will appear on iOS as well. Dates for iOS TBA

How about the Sith raid/rewards
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    A quick reminder that we do not officially support third party emulators and to use them at your own risk. We cannot provide you technical assistance if you have issues when using an emulator on a PC.

Linking devices is totally fine though. There's a button in the settings menu that walks you through the details of how to Iink devices together.

Really that is what you come here for?
    Not like find a way to appease the critics? I mean its evident that people DO NOT like this situation and it should be mended right now.
    Or are you going to stick your head in the sand as per usual?

They aren’t sticking their heads in the sand. They are making a business decision that ticking off a section of their customer base is worth whatever Android is paying them. There isn’t really much more too it.
    Post edited by Bulldog1205 on
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    And if it’s like most companies, the people making this decision aren’t the ones who have to deal with the public reaction, so I feel for the devs who have to come here if that is the case. They are probably just doing their job as directed by someone else.
    Post edited by Bulldog1205 on
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    I don't see an event yet, and I'm on Android. Maybe next refresh?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    First K2S0, now T3-M4. Hm, it feels like there's a pattern here. Why would Android be choosing those heroes... The answer is so close, yet eludes me! :)
    But in all seriousness, it's hard to believe they chose to do this again after the huge outcry about K2 last time. I guess it didn't make much of an impression on them.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    T3-M4 is coming to iOS in the future. Right now the Marquee Event, Bundles and Packs for T3 are only available on Android devices but ALL of these will appear on iOS as well. Dates for iOS TBA

Don’t put this on Android/iOS... this is cg/ea’s doing... yes android paid for it, but you the developers should not allow content exclusive to one device... this is outright wrong... if android wanted to pay for extra crystals - that’s one thing - but allowing exclusive content (and I know it will be available to iOS eventually) makes it so some of your customers have an unfair advantage. I still am not over the k2 debacle, and I’m in shock that this is happening again... shame!
  • I don't really care that Android users will get the character before iOS users. And yes, I am an iOS user. I just can't wrap my head around why, with all the other dumpster fires burning, they chose to light another one. I guess money is truly more important than the player base. Seems self defeating. Oh well. I'll get him when he is open for us iOS folks.
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

Ugh ... don't be that guy.

Ugh... don't be that other guy
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

And he really should be more old rep based and not droid based
  • I've never even heard of him. Never played KOTOR.
  • Pathetic, Pathetic. At least IOS users can now go over an emulator (which makes it even less understandable why such promotions are needed). But in cross platform game like this, this is just a no go, but like most of the time CG refuses to learn from past mistakes.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Hi folks,
    A quick reminder that we do not officially support third party emulators and to use them at your own risk. We cannot provide you technical assistance if you have issues when using an emulator on a PC.

Linking devices is totally fine though. There's a button in the settings menu that walks you through the details of how to Iink devices together.

Totally more important than a thread you created being ignored for two months...class act my man.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    This seems like the most pointless exclusive possible.

Why does it matter if it's just the standard marquee event?

It's not like we'll actually get something useful on android that ios won't.

Seems like a waste of money on google's part.

This is absolutely correct. I get why IOS people are upset, but as a long time android user and supporter I'd say that's what you get when you buy a product that believes it's the greatest and never wants to partner with other companies.

That being said, as an Android user it's just another useless 3 star character that will sit unused for a long time. To Android I'd say, "thanks, but I dont think you got what paid for"
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

Ugh ... don't be that guy.

Ugh... don't be that other guy

I am both those guys
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Totally more important than a thread you created being ignored for two months...class act my man.

Why do you think they are ignoring it? He might be paying a lot of attention to it but just doesn't want to respond.

They raid isn't going to change. The reward structure is what it is. They have already said they will monitor it and make changes if they feel its needed. No changes have been made so it is simply because they feel they dont need to make them. You can disagree, but it doesn't mean you are being ignored.
  • People seems to forget that it is Apple fault really because Google is much more open to promotions for their users in mobile games and Apple doesnt do that kind of thing. Why wouldnt they put him as exclusive (sony and god of war is perfect example of this) if they have benefit and google gets bonus points for caring about their users. You are hating wrong company for this.
  • People seems to forget that it is Apple fault really because Google is much more open to promotions for their users in mobile games and Apple doesnt do that kind of thing. Why wouldnt they put him as exclusive (sony and god of war is perfect example of this) if they have benefit and google gets bonus points for caring about their users. You are hating wrong company for this.

Truth
  • I am pretty disappointed I was eagerly awaiting the kit reveal only to discover I would have to wait even longer to play the character purely because of the phone I use
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Don't be mad at CG.

Be mad at Apple for not caring about its customers at all and rarely bothering to cater to them because they're too busy trying to file a patent on rounded corners and keep media away from their sweatshops long enough to get you to buy the next new phone they release with no particular upgrades at an overly-inflated price.

Seriously, Apple is terrible. Behind that hipster facade is just another corporation like any other.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    First K2S0, now T3-M4. Hm, it feels like there's a pattern here. Why would Android be choosing those heroes... The answer is so close, yet eludes me! :)
    Android also created the Droids Fight Back event where you used your droids to murder jawas and got shards. Jawa shards, I think. They did it a couple times on both platforms, but it was never super popular (despite taking less than a minute and giving something like 100k credits back when that really meant something) so it's been discontinued. But the first time was an Android exclusive!
    Gorem wrote: »
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/
    Because making whatever this droid is called a "Legendary" would stretch the definition of "legend" to the breaking point.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • It outrageous! It’s not fair!
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Why do you think they are ignoring it? He might be paying a lot of attention to it but just doesn't want to respond.

They raid isn't going to change. The reward structure is what it is. They have already said they will monitor it and make changes if they feel its needed. No changes have been made so it is simply because they feel they dont need to make them. You can disagree, but it doesn't mean you are being ignored.

Actually when people tag him, Carrie and other devs looking for a response. Any kind of response, but receive nothing but silence, that’s called ignoring someone. Even more so when a response was promised to everyone.

Sending him a private message without any response at all after being promised a follow up, that’s called ignoring someone.

Bottom line is that everyone hates the reward structure. The majority (probably 95%+) hate the mechanics in multiple parts of it. Long time players have quit due to it. Long time guilds forced to split up due to the new top heavy rewards. So tell me how it is a success?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    It’s not that apple doesn’t care it’s that android sucks and they need to drum up business lol. But in all seriousness is there an Apple alien in Star Wars so iOS users can finally get something free lol. With all the droids in Star Wars iOS users are in trouble for the foreseeable future
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    After reading the five pages of comments here it's no wonder they didn't announce it on this forum. Google is sponsoring an event for Android users to get a Droid character early. Likely he'll make no impact to the meta teams, the same as K2S0. There is an entirely free way for Apple users to get him if they want him with an emulator. Apple has decided not to sponsor events therefore their users have not gotten events such as this. Why this is being blown-up as CG being the devil is beyond me. Complaints on issues such as Sith raid rewards are perfectly valid. Focus your energy on the real issues.
    Post edited by ThisYeezy on
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    After reading the five pages of comments here it's no wonder they didn't announce it on this forum. Google is sponsoring an event for Android users to get a Droid character early. Likely he'll make no impact to the meta teams, the same as K2S0. There is an entirely free way for Apple users to get him if they want him with an emulator. Apple has decided not to sponsor events therefore their users have not gotten events such as this. Why this is being blown-up as CG being the devil is beyond me. Complaints on issues such as Sith raid rewards are perfectly valid. Focus your energy on the real issues.

K2SO was attained at 5 stars and was a key player in the RO squad at the time they came out. Now he seems insignificant but back then it was a big deal.
    I agree that apple deserves some blame, CG could also come up with some sort of event on their own, exclusively for IOS users. Doesn’t have to be anything major but come on. Throw us a bone.