T3-M4

Replies

• Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    KueChael wrote: »
    Stay on target, no personal attacks please.

(My 2 cents: many platforms and companies compete with each other- PS4 vs Xbox- Android vs IOS. It’s good business) I’m on iOS not taking it personal, besides a period of time I won’t have this droid, we’ll probably all get to farm or buy the packs similarly. Android is only at a release advantage. Nothing more.

@KueChael Appreciate the response ... but it's potentially more than simply an early-release issue, as I indicated in my post. It will potentially give Android users a (small, but still) greater edge in GP-related aspects of what is supposed to be an interplatform competitive game.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

And he really should be more old rep based and not droid based

Why the heck would a droid the vast majority of people have never heard of be considered Legendary? The only other Droid worthy of that title is 3PO.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    After reading the five pages of comments here it's no wonder they didn't announce it on this forum. Google is sponsoring an event for Android users to get a Droid character early. Likely he'll make no impact to the meta teams, the same as K2S0. There is an entirely free way for Apple users to get him if they want him with an emulator. Apple has decided not to sponsor events therefore their users have not gotten events such as this. Why this is being blown-up as CG being the devil is beyond me. Complaints on issues such as Sith raid rewards are perfectly valid. Focus your energy on the real issues.

K2SO was attained at 5 stars and was a key player in the RO squad at the time they came out. Now he seems insignificant but back then it was a big deal.
    I agree that apple deserves some blame, CG could also come up with some sort of event on their own, exclusively for IOS users. Doesn’t have to be anything major but come on. Throw us a bone.

That makes zero sense. Why should CG spend time and resources to develop an event for iOS users? First, everyone is getting this content so making something just for Apple players is pointless. Second, your mobile device company has the option to take part in these sorts of things but they choose not to. Google is paying, in some manner or another, for this, Apple isn't. Yet you think CG should pay for you instead. That's some serious sense of entitlement you have there, pal.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

Ugh ... don't be that guy.

Dude, just look at your comments in this topic and tell me I'm wrong. Sure, the devs make a lot of mistakes and seem out of touch at what we want at times, but complaining about this is ridiculous. There is nothing worth complaining about here.

This is correct. Complaints and feedback are a pointless waste of time. There's one thing that CG cares about... Only money...

ms45wpwm3wau.gif

Wait wait wait wait, a COMPANY only cares about MONEY?!?! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member
    As a iOS user i have a hard time seeing this as a problem to be upset about. Marquee characters are effecively useless until farmable anyway so if they become farmable at the same time its really not a big deal.
  • Sage020
    59 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »
    As a iOS user i have a hard time seeing this as a problem to be upset about. Marquee characters are effecively useless until farmable anyway so if they become farmable at the same time its really not a big deal.

Tell that to an iOS whale lol I’m sure they would disagree.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    Wait wait wait wait, a COMPANY only cares about MONEY?!?! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?

The problem isn’t the existence of a profit motive. The problem is that the company has clearly calculated that it’s more profitable to treat the player base unfairly than it is to treat it fairly. That is a serious problem for the future of the game.

I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member
    Sage020 wrote: »

I guess this thread must be full of whales then...
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »

The problem isn’t the existence of a profit motive. The problem is that the company has clearly calculated that it’s more profitable to treat the player base unfairly than it is to treat it fairly. That is a serious problem for the future of the game.

blame it on apple cause google obviously are doing their thing
  • Rojas wrote: »

It isn’t Google’s job (or Apple’s for that matter) to treat CG’s customers fairly. That’s CG’s job. I don’t blame Google for making this offer, and I don’t blame Apple for failing to make a similar one. I blame CG for agreeing to the proposed arrangement, to the detriment of the spirit of fair play in this game.
  • Stokat wrote: »
    Sage020 wrote: »

I guess this thread must be full of whales then...

Unless and until they start advertisements in game, whales are the reason this game is still around...
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member

The problem is that they probably assumed their player base were mature adults who could wait a couple extra weeks for a character.

The problem is that they probably assumed their player base were mature adults who could wait a couple extra weeks for a character.

When someone posts this ^... they are being immature... go start another thread complaining about complainers - your post is not adding anything to this discussion... it’s like a five year old entering into a conversation
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Rojas wrote: »

It isn’t Google’s job (or Apple’s for that matter) to treat CG’s customers fairly. That’s CG’s job. I don’t blame Google for making this offer, and I don’t blame Apple for failing to make a similar one. I blame CG for agreeing to the proposed arrangement, to the detriment of the spirit of fair play in this game.

I have a bridge I would like to sell you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Sure, as an individual instance, this is a small matter. But it has definitely changed the way I think about the game. Before, I could reasonably ask myself, “Will CG unfairly discriminate among its players?” (Clearly I started playing after the K-2 promotion). Now I don’t have to ask; they’ve answered the question. The only question left is, “For what PRICE will CG unfairly discriminate among its players?”

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

I will buy your bridge. How many crystals for a chance to get 1.5% up to 100% of the bridge, with the overwhelming odds on 1.5%
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member

@NicWester Mine is free :smile:
  • With all the posts of people being upset about this, or the Sith Raid, or any kinda of problem they have. Do you notice two things? One the devs don't respond, and two they never change anything. They've abandoned this site for another to make their announcements. They clearly have made their point over and over with actions, and sometimes in their wording, that they will do things their way. Not to defend them, but they kinda have to. Let's be honest here, they will never make everyone happy. Someone will alway have a complaint about something. So they go with what will line their pockets with more money, and can you blame them really. Instead of being upset and making a 100 page thread about your displeasure, that clearly is not getting any response from the people you're begging to hear from. 1) Stop playing their game if it's that bad. 2) Stop spending your money on their game. 3) or just realize it just their game, and just play until the decide to shut it down (because that day will happen). The important thing to remember is, it's their game, and they will always do things their way.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Sure, as an individual instance, this is a small matter. But it has definitely changed the way I think about the game. Before, I could reasonably ask myself, “Will CG unfairly discriminate among its players?” (Clearly I started playing after the K-2 promotion). Now I don’t have to ask; they’ve answered the question. The only question left is, “For what PRICE will CG unfairly discriminate among its players?”

So do you feel the same way when a restaurant only offers Pepsi products vs Coke products? Cause that's the same exact thing. Companies partner with other companies all the time, it's called business. High powered business people will understand this as they see the same practices in their place of employment.

Heck even college campuses require certain books to be purchased. A million history books have been written but for this class only 1 is acceptable.

It's just business, they have a right to do it and you have a right to shop somewhere else as it were. If you want to play this game then you do have to put up with their business decisions.
  • Just to address the economic issue involved, it isn’t that a company is expected to care about something other than money. It is that a company should be expected to think about its long term financial health and not just this quarter. When you are running a game like this, you will lose users and this revenue in the long term if the game is not perceived as balanced. So, yes, CG should absolutely care about maintaining game balance for users regardless of platform. A little one-time revenue from Google isn’t necessarily worth it if you erode trust among your player base and/or lose too many users who feel the game is unbalanced.

I’m not saying that this will make the game unbalanced. And there are obviously ways around this using emulators or linked devices. But the idea that this is just free money, and they have to take it regardless of how it is perceived by the player base is nonsense. They need to weigh the potential benefit versus the potential consequences and make a decision based on what is best for the long-term health of the game and long term financial benefit of their shareholders.
  • FalenXLacer
    342 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Monel wrote: »

So do you feel the same way when a restaurant only offers Pepsi products vs Coke products? Cause that's the same exact thing. Companies partner with other companies all the time, it's called business. High powered business people will understand this as they see the same practices in their place of employment.

First off, an exclusive beverage license is not “unfair” as between individual consumers. Nobody who walks into the establishment can get a Coke, no matter who they are. It would be “unfair” if some patrons had the option of Coke or Pepsi, and others had to have Pepsi irrespective of their preference.

Secondly, unlike a restaurant, SWGOH is hosting a group of customers who are there specifically to engage in a competitive enterprise with each other. We are here to play a game. Competitors in a game should be able to expect to be treated fairly by the organizers of the game.

Monel wrote: »
    It's just business, they have a right to do it and you have a right to shop somewhere else as it were. If you want to play this game then you do have to put up with their business decisions.

Of course they have the ‘right’ to do it. What in the world have I said that would lead you to believe I don’t think they have the ‘right’ to do it? All I’m saying is that it’s a bad move in terms of the long-term health of the game.
  • The best analogy isn't this silly Choke™ vs. Pepsi™ argument, but let's look at Destiny 2 instead. Sony pays money to have certain gear and strikes for an exclusive amount of time. Fine. That's up to Activision and Sony and people that own a PS4 have that nice little perk.

Now picture if console crossplay was a thing. Imagine if Xbox could compete against PS4 in PvP and now the Playstation Destiny players can come into matchmaking with weapons and armor that people playing on Xbox cannot earn no matter what (for a year). It would be unfair to give one team an advantage over the other—that they really have no control over—because they chose one console over the other WAAAAY before Destiny 2 shipped and are now stuck with that consequence.

That's closer. And that's why people are upset. Arena, TW, TB, Raids... iOS users will be at an instant disadvantage.

Having said all that... this is NOTHING compared to the K2SO debacle. It's a 3* toon that you can get even if you have an iOS device if you use your head.
  • TVF wrote: »

I will buy your bridge. How many crystals for a chance to get 1.5% up to 100% of the bridge, with the overwhelming odds on 1.5%

Dude, you didn’t check Reddit, the bridge dev said that there will be free bridges for all Nokia users there.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    @CG_BridgDev why you doing that to me?
  • TVF wrote: »

Lmao — gotta go on reddit man.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

Why the heck would a droid the vast majority of people have never heard of be considered Legendary? The only other Droid worthy of that title is 3PO.

A vast majority has never heard of? I want what your having smoked. That's a bold claim to make.I mean I know a vast majority does know T3-M4 and how he played a vital role in both games and inbetween and before and after. T3-M4 is the reason Revan and the Exile exist, he helped both of them do a lot, if not for T3, Surik would never have escaped peragus, if not for T3.... I mean, he's more legendary then BB8, a droid in a movie I will never watch because of how terrible Disney star wars is.

I still know of him because we are star wars fans are we not? T3-M4 is a legendary droid in the star wars universe. How's it my fault that you who are in the minority don't read up about star wars lore? We have the Sith Trium raid, so you are raiding up against something that really early on in the star wars universe nearly ended the force's existence forever? Or about a being who could kill an entire planet because it can eat the force?

T3 embodies the legendary title so much more then bb8 even if you did watch the movies, bb8 is new, hasn't done much, t3 was apart of jedi civil wars and multiple wars and was around for years doing things.

• Ktulu
    80 posts Member
    So are all IOS users going to get an inflation to overall GP too until the android exclusive content is no longer exclusive? Or doesn’t GP matter as much as we were led to believe??
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I don’t think they care. Makes things easier when u remember that
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

A vast majority has never heard of? I want what your having smoked. That's a bold claim to make.I mean I know a vast majority does know T3-M4

I had never heard this name before today.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Lmao — gotta go on reddit man.

The fact that I'm still here and not on reddit just proves how much I loathe reddit.