T3-M4

15678911Next

Replies

• ChrisSkywalker
    553 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    was initiatially upset then remembered I have a android tablet that is in about a million pieces. Gotta go find some glue and duct tape.
  • Revan is good. I played kotor and finished the game both light and dark side so many times to see different reactions to answers and different abilities I would purchase...etc I bought the game on multiple platforms from the xbox, iOS, PC, Mac and it never gets old.

I liked Bastila more than Revan, but can't wait to see what CG do with him when he is added. Malak as well.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Madlax wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm 44, never played it, no idea who Revan is, not even sure I spelled it right, don't care.

You really should try. One of the best game on Star Wars! Trillions light years from SWGOH...

What annoys me is when I see folks acting like some side character from a video game that a large number of fans haven't played should be Legendary, and that if you disagree you're not a real fan.

Following that logic Thrawn should't deserve to be a legendary, since hes just some random char from a badly drawn cartoon.

That does not follow that logic because Thrawn is neither a side character from an old video game nor is he from a badly drawn cartoon.
  • Madlax wrote: »
    I'm 44, never played it, no idea who Revan is, not even sure I spelled it right, don't care.

You really should try. One of the best game on Star Wars! Trillions light years from SWGOH...

What annoys me is when I see folks acting like some side character from a video game that a large number of fans haven't played should be Legendary, and that if you disagree you're not a real fan.

Following that logic Thrawn should't deserve to be a legendary, since hes just some random char from a badly drawn cartoon.

I would disagree. Maybe it’s your opinion that Rebels had a bad art style, but I really liked it. And Thrawn wasn’t really a random character, he was the main bad guy in Rebels! And he was definitely a huge threat to the Rebel Alliance. He has a great story, and he was an amazing tactician. Not really a nobody.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    1) How do you define a "fan"?
    2) On the basis of what actual data is your statement made?
    3) So what?
    A fan is anyone who calls themselves a fan.
    On the basis that the game is 15 years old so anyone under the age of 20 probably hasn't played it, that the original Star Wars came out in 1977 so if you watched that movie when you're 10 you probably haven't played it.
    So what? So stop acting all Fannier-Than-Thou because you played some game 15 years ago and haven't gotten over it yet and we don't care.

Lol. What ridiculously ambiguous, indefensible answers. You've got no actual data to back up your claim, as you clearly admit. And I'm not sure what your silly "Fannier-than-thou" label implies, but it's clearly intended as an ad hominem slur that I'm pretty sure violates the ToS of this forum ... You also know nothing about me or what I've played are not played, so I'd ask if you refrain from making blind statements about me of which you know nothing.
  • As an android user, i'd gladly give up my t3-m4 to anyone who's whining right now. Like does it even matter right now? Like most marquees, this one's useless too. Let them profit a bit, cause why not?

Heck, i haven't even unlocked it yet. :V

The event runs for 13 days, so expect you'll get it by 10th day or so.

(This should be the last topic to flame then about tbh. Don't understand all this hate. :/ )
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The fact that people think Thrawn is from Rebels makes me very sad. And old, apparently.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

There are a dozen novels and comics with Thrawn, and he's the main villain in a season of a hugely popular animated series.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The fact that people think Thrawn is from Rebels makes me very sad. And old, apparently.

I just haven’t read any of the books about him or anything yet, so I didn’t mention that sort of stuff. I do know that he was around as a character for a long time before Rebels came out, and as a result of how popular he was as a character in legends, they made the decision to add him to Rebels. So I know he’s not originally from Rebels, but that material is all that I’m familiar with.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    'Sup folks, let's reel some of the conversations here back in. This back and forth over what a "real fan" is and other gatekeeping chatter isn't going to go anywhere, so yeah, let's quit while we're ahead, please. :smile:
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    I don’t see the point with google gets it two weeks earlier?

The only ones they hurt are their ios whale players.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    'Sup folks, let's reel some of the conversations here back in. This back and forth over what a "real fan" is and other gatekeeping chatter isn't going to go anywhere, so yeah, let's quit while we're ahead, please. :smile:

Good call! Let’s discuss how CG disregards their clients!
  • Madlax wrote: »

I would disagree. Maybe it’s your opinion that Rebels had a bad art style, but I really liked it. And Thrawn wasn’t really a random character, he was the main bad guy in Rebels! And he was definitely a huge threat to the Rebel Alliance. He has a great story, and he was an amazing tactician. Not really a nobody.

Speaking of bad art styles, is the norm now that faces of SWGOH versions of KOTOR toons just won't look anything like the actual characters. Bastila's face, T3 is the wrong color, Mission's face, and even Zalbar's face are all way off.
  • I’m just intrigued by the idea that there could ever be “data” to back up an opinion on what constitutes a fan.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »

Good call! Let’s discuss how CG disregards their clients!

Liking something only once just doesn't feel right sometimes.
  • Empiric1 wrote: »
    Then switch to Android, it's not CG's fault that Apple thinks they are too good to have to do any marketing/promotions.

It's a free market, I left iOS years ago, no regrets.

You'll regret it when your phone blows up lol @Empiric1
  • Bottom line: In a game where IOS users compete with Android users this decision contributes to an unfair playing field--even if only a little bit. Early acquisition of T3 will allow guilds with Android users to raise their gp in a way that IOS users can't. And in guilds with Android whales who 7-star T3 this will possibly lend to a gp-based advantage. It will also potentially enable guilds with Android users to do a little better in TB than guilds with IOS users, enabling Android users to acquire better gear giving them another advantage over IOS users. And it remains to see how the platoon reqs play out. Again, even if the potential imbalance is minor and temporary, it's still an imbalance in a very competitive, inter-platform game. Regardless of whether Google approached EA/CG with the offer, EA/CG should have had the entire playerbase in mind when they decided whether or not to accept the offer ... and clearly they did not.

(Doing the clap emote)
  • Stokat wrote: »
    As a iOS user i have a hard time seeing this as a problem to be upset about. Marquee characters are effecively useless until farmable anyway so if they become farmable at the same time its really not a big deal.

It's the whales that whale out on him and have him for tb plattons
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

I just want to say-

To me, Thrawn was a total nobody. I had never ever heard of him before swgoh. Thrawn doesn't deserve a legendary event but T3 does, T3 actually did A LOT, what did Thrawn do? He's a nobody. Hardly anyone watched Rebels, less people have watched Rebels then have played Kotor. In fact, all the phoenix as well are characters I have just started farming because they all seem like weirdly designed characters. I would never go for thrawn at all if he was not required for things or chimera.

Now is this what it feels like to be on the other side of the fence? I see all these non Kotor players complaining, people who have no idea about the lore thinking their opinion matters on this case, but when it came to Thrawn, were there people there, complaining that Thrawn was a legendary character? Were people who didn't know about Rebels saying he shouldn't be one?

There is 2 sides to every coin. No matter how much of a "fan" you are, when you read up on lore to understand a character, you realise the impact they had in the star wars universe. Spend time reading up on Revan, read up on T3, realise their impact, educate, there is no point to discuss or argue. As I've had to do now with Thrawn, to understand exactly who he is.

And seriously, go play Kotor, its known as the best star wars game series for a reason :) (Don't forget the Restored content mod!)
  • flux_rono
    2108 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

I just want to say-

To me, Thrawn was a total nobody. I had never ever heard of him before swgoh. Thrawn doesn't deserve a legendary event but T3 does, T3 actually did A LOT, what did Thrawn do? He's a nobody. Hardly anyone watched Rebels, less people have watched Rebels then have played Kotor. In fact, all the phoenix as well are characters I have just started farming because they all seem like weirdly designed characters. I would never go for thrawn at all if he was not required for things or chimera.

Actually thrawn was actually apart of the extended star wars universe at first until Disney took over. then they re- added him into cannon with rebels. i believe they changed him a bit when they did that but the main ideas about him stayed the same. so there was more to him then just the appearance in SW: Rebels
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Can't we all just aggree that they need to add Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade? : D
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

I just want to say-

Now is this what it feels like to be on the other side of the fence? I see all these non Kotor players complaining, people who have no idea about the lore thinking their opinion matters on this case, but when it came to Thrawn, were there people there, complaining that Thrawn was a legendary character? Were people who didn't know about Rebels saying he shouldn't be one?

There is 2 sides to every coin. No matter how much of a "fan" you are, when you read up on lore to understand a character, you realise the impact they had in the star wars universe. Spend time reading up on Revan, read up on T3, realise their impact, educate, there is no point to discuss or argue. As I've had to do now with Thrawn, to understand exactly who he is.

And seriously, go play Kotor, its known as the best star wars game series for a reason :) (Don't forget the Restored content mod!)

I just want to say that all of what you just said is wrong. Literally no one in their right minds would call T3 a legendary. He's a side character from a couple video games. Thrawn for a long time was the primary antagonist of SW after the Empire was defeated and was so popular that Disney brought him back to be the villain of 2 seasons of their extremely popular show. Saying hardly anyone watched Rebels is a straight up lie. Complaining about people not knowing the lore while not knowing anything about Thrawn yourself is pretty dang hilariously hypocritical. And seriously, go watch Rebels or read one of the MANY book about Thrawn. They're much better than a 15 year old game. And again, you don't seem to know what the point of a legendary character is. Next you'll be saying Valbar deserved a Heros Journey or something.
  • Gorem wrote: »

I just want to say-

Could you explain why Thrawn doesn’t deserve the status of Legendary? Because you hadn’t heard of him yet? Several millions of people have watched Rebels (probably more than you think) but (according to what I found on the internet) less than 3 million copies of KotoR were sold. I don’t think you can say that Thrawn didn’t do anything if you know nothing about him. Besides Rebels, Thrawn has also had several books written about him, and he was very popular in Legends.

As I’ve never played KotoR, I don’t know much about these new marquee characters. I looked up T3-M4 and I found some people saying that he wasn’t interesting or he was just a side character, they didn’t find themselves attached to something special about him. Nobody implied that he was a ‘legend’ in their eyes. However I could understand Revan being a legendary character, or possibly even a heroes journey. I wouldn’t be surprised if we need the old republic toons for his event. He seems to have had a much larger impact and connection with the fans than T3-M4. I just couldn’t find anything great about T3 like I could with Revan and Thrawn, who are definitely deserving of ‘legendary’ IMO.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    When Disney bought Star Wars they got rid of everything from the Expanded Universe. Thirty-plus years of books, comics, plots, RPGs, and characters were erasd.

Except for Thrawn.

That's worth being legendary all on its own, and I never read any of the books.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Cg and google do work together alot, one time I bought a $50 playstore card and got 330 scav Rey shards and 3500 (I think) crystals on top of the $50
  • If EA continues this concept of giving Android players first dibs, I'll stop playing. This game is the only phone app game I actually spend money on. I've been playing over two years. I'm sure that doesn't matter if I quit playing, but keep in mind I'm not the only Apple user who is upset. Make money in a way that is fair to all players.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Can't we all just aggree that they need to add Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade? : D

Oh man! Kyle needs to be in game xD
    And get Marka Ragnos in here!