T3-M4

Replies

• Gorem wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

And he really should be more old rep based and not droid based

Why the heck would a droid the vast majority of people have never heard of be considered Legendary? The only other Droid worthy of that title is 3PO.

A vast majority has never heard of? I want what your having smoked. That's a bold claim to make.I mean I know a vast majority does know T3-M4 and how he played a vital role in both games and inbetween and before and after. T3-M4 is the reason Revan and the Exile exist, he helped both of them do a lot, if not for T3, Surik would never have escaped peragus, if not for T3.... I mean, he's more legendary then BB8, a droid in a movie I will never watch because of how terrible Disney star wars is.

I still know of him because we are star wars fans are we not? T3-M4 is a legendary droid in the star wars universe. How's it my fault that you who are in the minority don't read up about star wars lore? We have the Sith Trium raid, so you are raiding up against something that really early on in the star wars universe nearly ended the force's existence forever? Or about a being who could kill an entire planet because it can eat the force?

T3 embodies the legendary title so much more then bb8 even if you did watch the movies, bb8 is new, hasn't done much, t3 was apart of jedi civil wars and multiple wars and was around for years doing things.

I loved both KOTOR games. Still play them on Steam. T3-M4 is not legendary. Not even remotely close. There one and only one character from the KOTOR games that could qualify as legendary, and that is Revan, who is likely to be our next legendary or heroic character release.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

Why the heck would a droid the vast majority of people have never heard of be considered Legendary? The only other Droid worthy of that title is 3PO.

A vast majority has never heard of? I want what your having smoked. That's a bold claim to make.I mean I know a vast majority does know T3-M4 and how he played a vital role in both games and inbetween and before and after. T3-M4 is the reason Revan and the Exile exist, he helped both of them do a lot, if not for T3, Surik would never have escaped peragus, if not for T3.... I mean, he's more legendary then BB8, a droid in a movie I will never watch because of how terrible Disney star wars is.

CG clearly has no idea who he was because they put up a picture of a complete different droid when he was announced and they’d never have had a clue if people didn’t tell them over and over
  • As an IOS user I have no problem with this. Interestingly the only people this will really effect are whales, for your average FTP and dolphin the effect of a delayed release to IOS won't have any impact.
    All you people complaining have to stop and have a REAL think about how this will actually effect you. (Here is a timesaver: It won't)

Just enjoy the game and keep the salt to yourself.
  • As an IOS user I have no problem with this. Interestingly the only people this will really effect are whales, for your average FTP and dolphin the effect of a delayed release to IOS won't have any impact.
    All you people complaining have to stop and have a REAL think about how this will actually effect you. (Here is a timesaver: It won't)

Just enjoy the game and keep the salt to yourself.

We’ll all him at 3* for months and months either way aside from the whales
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I still know of him because we are star wars fans are we not? T3-M4 is a legendary droid in the star wars universe. How's it my fault that you who are in the minority don't read up about star wars lore? We have the Sith Trium raid, so you are raiding up against something that really early on in the star wars universe nearly ended the force's existence forever? Or about a being who could kill an entire planet because it can eat the force?

T3 embodies the legendary title so much more then bb8 even if you did watch the movies, bb8 is new, hasn't done much, t3 was apart of jedi civil wars and multiple wars and was around for years doing things.
    ...Sorry, TVF, I'm going to have to sell my bridge to this rube.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Sage020 wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »
    As a iOS user i have a hard time seeing this as a problem to be upset about. Marquee characters are effecively useless until farmable anyway so if they become farmable at the same time its really not a big deal.

Tell that to an iOS whale lol I’m sure they would disagree.

If they are a true whale buying an inexpensive android device to gain the early access is no problem. Think about it
  • Money > common sense/player happiness. The perfect dumpster fire thinking of this game
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

Ugh ... don't be that guy.

Dude, just look at your comments in this topic and tell me I'm wrong. Sure, the devs make a lot of mistakes and seem out of touch at what we want at times, but complaining about this is ridiculous. There is nothing worth complaining about here.

This is correct. Complaints and feedback are a pointless waste of time. There's one thing that CG cares about... Only money...

ms45wpwm3wau.gif

Wait wait wait wait, a COMPANY only cares about MONEY?!?! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?

I know, right? Most companies are smart enough to balance their need for income with customer satisfaction, realizing that happy customers tend to spend more money than those who feel ignored, taken advantage of and mislead.

But I'm just a previously p2p launch player who has been f2p for almost a year - what do I know?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Does anyone else find it rather comical that they were willing to come in and comment on third-party application but not address any of the issues being stated as an iOS user I don’t really care that we don’t get a marquee character two weeks earlier it is unlikely to make any difference in the long run
  • Revan21
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Well said. Agree 100%.

Me personally I've never heard of Thrawn before this game and because of how good he is in this game I did my research and learned about an amazing character in the star wars universe.

I don't believe in the mindset that a toon has to be popular to be a legendary event toon, the only thing they need to be is a good in game character. This game can give people the opportunity to get a deeper experience past the movies in the star wars universe and I think T3 having done so much in his respective games deserved a legendary event.

That being said his kit is way too underwhelming to be a legendary toon. He needed synergies with all the old republic toons not just droids
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    I dont know what is the problem with this. It came early for android, a 3* worthles(for now) character. If you are a whale you will get it after it goes to ios. Im not, I dont care. I have to say, that who is whining abut this is an ****. Also you shuold read, check the thing you are whining about! There is the internet you know. Early access, not exlusive!
  • Calastar wrote: »
    Oh. And he is a Marquee instead of a legendary event like the other droids. Why not. He totally didn't do anything cool at all. He wasn't an extremely vital part of the Old Republic. Not at all. That's why he has a Marquee event.

IKR. He wasn't in two games at all, alongside very significant characters.

More roster clutter to ignore anyway. Not sure why iOS users are overly concerned., if they buy apple products they haven't got money left anyway. :trollface:

Well played XD :trollface:

Not exactly, still using an iphone 6, been using it for slightly over 3 years 4 months. Had the battery refreshed recently so it works pretty well and feels like new again, other than a small triangle of dead crystals at the top corner. The switching cost to an android is fairly high if u have quite some apps linked to the gamecentre or i would have already switched.
  • Having said all that... this is NOTHING compared to the K2SO debacle. It's a 3* toon that you can get even if you have an iOS device if you use your head.

The thing is, we dont trust this statement at all, because we don’t have a good relationship with CG and they have constantly screwed over the player base. It’s highly speculated that these characters are going to be the next panic farm for a legendary. If so, and there is also a delay for iOS in them going F2P, then it could be HUGE. This is a fear of ours.

CG could easily squash those fears by telling us the plan. Their silence against the outcry tells us 1 of 2 things. Either it is going to be a big deal, so they can’t deny it, or they want us to think it’s going to be a big deal, so people consider switching to android and the deal is worth more money for them. Either practice is shady and giving the middle finger to the customers.

Or maybe it’s #3, that CG is so out of touch with how to communicate with their customers that they don’t understand how much needless damage they are doing to their own brand.
  • IoS users were not complaining when the wiggs meta was here and they got 80 wedge shard and android got 25 biggs shards when at the time wedge was very hard to obtain .
    My friend did so much boasting but now it's androids turn.

I waiting game 2 years for this sweet revenge I hope he's 50 shards short for Revan.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Obe2Kenobi wrote: »
    IoS users were not complaining when the wiggs meta was here and they got 80 wedge shard and android got 25 biggs shards when at the time wedge was very hard to obtain .

I waiting game 2 years for this sweet revenge I hope he's 50 shards short for Revan.

Actually, we were complaining, because this came with the release of ships and included it, and Biggs ships has been meta since day 1. For established players, Android got the better end of that deal too with the head start in fleet arena.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Obe2Kenobi wrote: »
    IoS users were not complaining when the wiggs meta was here and they got 80 wedge shard and android got 25 biggs shards when at the time wedge was very hard to obtain .

Actually, we were complaining, because this came with the release of ships and included it, and Biggs ships has been meta since day 1. Android got the better end of that deal too with the head start in fleet arena.

Not mentioning k2so situation...
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Complain with apple please, not here..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    I dont know what is the problem with this. It came early for android, a 3* worthles(for now) character. If you are a whale you will get it after it goes to ios. Im not, I dont care. I have to say, that who is whining abut this is an ****. Also you shuold read, check the thing you are whining about! There is the internet you know. Early access, not exlusive!

It’s not just about early access, it’s about fostering an imbalance in GP, which is an essential competitive feature of the game. And "available exclusively for a limited time" (EA's words, not mine) means, by definition, that it IS exclusive (i.e., unavailable to IOS users for GP boosts, platooning, deployment, etc.) for the period of time determined by EA. Methinks you’re the one that needs to read more carefully.
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    CronozNL wrote: »

The expectation that Apple should have to pay for us to get normal content is complete crap. I won’t blame Apple one bit. Not even a little.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member

The expectation that Apple should have to pay for us to get normal content is complete ****. I won’t blame Apple one bit. Not even a little.

If you understand why they wont pay, why you (and others) so mad about it?
    This is just another sad attempt of a small percentage of the playerbase to either get freebies with an apology or some poor excuse to try and get a refund from a buyers remorse (e.g. bastilla).
    Been around here too long to know this isn't important at all. That 4k GP difference is obsolete and rather nice for coming TB
  • CronozNL wrote: »

The expectation that Apple should have to pay for us to get normal content is complete ****. I won’t blame Apple one bit. Not even a little.

This is just another sad attempt of a small percentage of the playerbase to either get freebies with an apology or some poor excuse to try and get a refund from a buyers remorse (e.g. bastilla).
    Been around here too long to know this isn't important at all. That 4k GP difference is obsolete and rather nice for coming TB

Asking for freebies? We are asking for the same access to the game the people we are directly playing with/against have.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member

Asking for freebies? We are asking for the same access to the game the people we are directly playing with/against have.

Apple had wedge and something else I cant remember. Things are being blown out of proportion as usual.
  • RogiWan
    97 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Maybe already mentioned here, but I play on Ios AND Android. What will happen?

Edit, on my Android phone i can do the event to get T3-M4, not checked my Ipad yet??.
    I wonder whats going to happen when i get the droid and what i will see when I launch the game on the Ipad.
  • One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is T3 is a light side character. Next week we have a LS TB, meaning that unless guilds have enough Android Whales to buy T3. Kiss 6/6 platoons good bye.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Apple had wedge and something else I cant remember. Things are being blown out of proportion as usual.

Apple also got Lando when he was meta - until someone abused the event. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    It's a sponsered event by android.... Apple could do the same if they wanted....

So what? CG still shouldn't be allowing that. CG is who dictates what is allowed and not allowed in the game. It is CG's responsibility to ensure fairness. And it's CG who dropped the ball here.

I think they've underestimated how much this annoyed non-Android users. In a game about collecting toons and using them in competition, even a timed exclusive is a slap in the face. Congrats on the extra dough, I guess.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    HJoci30 wrote: »

It’s not just about early access, it’s about fostering an imbalance in GP, which is an essential competitive feature of the game. And exclusive early access IS exclusive. Methinks you’re the one that needs to read more carefully.

GP is a useless metric, especially in this situation..... The character, left at 3* without gear and levelling gives you a whopping 450 or so more GP that is good for absolutely nothing.....

Do I think it's fair that us Android users get a toon first?..... No.... Is this toon a game changer or giving us any advantage?..... Also no.....

Trust me, you guys aren't missing out on anything worth fussing about.....
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Trust me, you guys aren't missing out on anything worth fussing about.....

It’s very possible this might be 100% true. But as I said above, I don’t trust CG not to make this significant. I have no confidence in them as a company anymore. It wouldn’t be the first toon to look underwhelming but be a game changer. The real fear is it ends up being an advantage to get a legendary character. And the whole concept is wrong anyway, regardless of the overall impact.