The Mod Changes Megathread

Replies

• benjammin wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb - 13,000 guild currency spent on Jawa Engineer - worth nothing now honestly. (You and I both know he’s not that great of a healer...). That's 3 MK 5 furnaces I could have farmed, 5* Scavenger Rey for RJT, etc...... Crit Damage was easily the most restrictive mod challenge in the game since there are only 5 Jawa even in the game. I think the fact it has received no increases from the update shows how valuable it was to have exclusive access to.

I hope there is some kind of plan for a Jawa only event to fill the void left from farming these chars. C-3PO Legendary event requiring Jawas maybe? Or a monthly Jawa-only event that awards slicing mats? Some kind of benefit for the Jawa farms needs to be paired with this release if you’re really concerned with “protecting the investment” of players in my opinion.

Every other faction for mod challenges had multiple options to farm, and every single one of them has a legendary or Assault Battle that requires them. So, they have ongoing benefits to having been farmed even with the mod challenges requirement going away.

I’m just asking you to please pair some kind of benefit to having these Jawa farmed up with this mod release

@CG_TopHat @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb - Please tell me you’ve got something planned for those of us who invested in Jawa (especially Engineer) with no real use for them now. :-)

First off, Jawa Engineer is not worthless. Just wait until the Droid meta comes back around. You will be glad you have him, and glad you got him to 7*.

Also, for those of us who were around when mods first came out, the First Order mod section only had 5. So it's not like Jawa are unique in only having 5 of them.

Also, don't expect anything in "compensation."

How do you think those of us who farmed Rey and Anakin from only 2 hard nodes felt when Rey became available on the Guild store and Anakin became available in the Cantina? That was a good year plus of farming changed down to a few weeks of farming. No one expected compensation then, nor should you now. Oh and I have news for you. If you think farming from the Guild store is a "difficult farm" you may be playing the wrong game. That's one of the easiest farms there is.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Thanks for further widening the power gap by rewarding mod splicing material to hSTR players. *sarcasm.
  • Just a thought, for the players that have spent the time and effort and resources to farm Jawas just for the mods :
    - A monthly event could be added with 3 tiers of difficulty (with 0 - 3 - 5 star requirement), that will require only Jawas and no other faction, even with just small rewards like for example 100k credits, 2 ability mats, 1 omegas, per respective tier.

Nothing much to create a benifit for the players that have Jawas already, but enough to reduce the sadness of the effort put on them.

Personally I finished tier 3 of CD mod challenge not long ago, and had since then no real time or cantina energy priority yet to work on the CD mod farming, and it really feels bad for the effort I put just for that ...

Hopefully someone from game might read this, and find it a possible good idea. Thanks
  • I would like to know if they are going to make the most worthless primary mod accuracy into something worth placing. I don't think I have seen 1 mod loadout that require the use of accuracy mods and if they are they are rare. It's hands down the the least used primary mods.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    How is this going to impact the mod challenge achievements for those that haven’t completed all of them? Will they be stuck in the list like the spring achievement? Will there be new achievements with the new mod table?
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    QuiGonJinn wrote: »

Hopefully someone from game might read this, and find it a possible good idea. Thanks

This is actually a pretty cool idea, though I would add they should just make an OG Tatooine event that uses Jawas and/or Tuskens ONLY. Make gear the primary reward (Carbantis, Cuffs, and Guns) because, well, Jawas are scavengers after all...
  • They could make it that you have to three star all mod challenges to unlock the battles for splicing... Then all you jawa farmers will be happy.

• Vice_torn wrote: »
    They could make it that you have to three star all mod challenges to unlock the battles for splicing... Then all you jawa farmers will be happy.

But they’ll let you play the mod challenge with any teams now, so everyone who doesn’t have 3* can throw in their #1 team in for each one
  • I am not seeing this properly or are the mod set bonuses not live in-game yet?
  • Thank you for staying in the offices late to bring us great content.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Is this what they have been promising? Do I now know what color my mods were when I started them as I had been asking for (um, you're welcome you guys...)?? Do I know now why my mods were kinda meh sometimes? Now, I can taste the rainbow, right? XANS
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • This is exactly what was promised as part of the mods overhaul.

I’m horrified how few of my top toon mods are gold now!
  • Endir
    26 posts Member
    58sknpg7jqum.jpg
    Yes its hard to say if it is live
  • Its not. They commenting it in the main thread.
  • Let me guess, you are American?

So it’s ideal for you.

Like many other European players I had woken up, burned my Hard node refreshes, then got the client update. If you can’t see why that’s not “ideal” I don’t think I can help you.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Let me guess, you are American?

So it’s ideal for you.

Like many other European players I had woken up, burned my Hard node refreshes, then got the client update. If you can’t see why that’s not “ideal” I don’t think I can help you.

It's not relevant where i am. Getting put into a patch cycle that limits the downtime to the most people/players regardless of geolocation is what's relevant.

Can you show me the evidence that most players are in US?
  • and alerting the player base in advance of patches that would merit saving energy is what's relevant
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Let me guess, you are American?

So it’s ideal for you.

It's not relevant where i am. Getting put into a patch cycle that limits the downtime to the most people/players regardless of geolocation is what's relevant.

That's fine. Giving us a day's notice that we should save energy would solve it all. And CG actually promised they'd do that. But.. well.. didn't. Again.
  • and alerting the player base in advance of patches that would merit saving energy is what's relevant

True enough, except, they never give a heads up, whether it is a double drop or bonus drops. They always spring it on us.

True enough, except, they never give a heads up, whether it is a double drop or bonus drops. They always spring it on us.

That's not true. The last few double drop events have all been publicised in advance, after criticism of what you describe.

This is the first "surprise!" in a while, and it is annoying.

that said, like a sheep I forked out for more refreshes and got a princely 1 piece of slice salvage. This is one CG foul up I think I'll get over quickly.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    I think they've given a head's-up notice for like, holidays, but I think we kind of expect those ones at this point.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Yeah cool we can change mod stats now but the only way i was able to tell the diffrence of each by which color they were? No i dont want to have to use another site just to help me organize them, and no to whatever smart comment someone else has to make
  • I have 2 accounts and cannot see the bonus mod salvage drops on the account that is level 79, but I can see it on my level 85 account. Is it only for level 85's?

Ally code:317-388-763
  • Has anyone try mod swapping after update? Before update mods that you release from the character was sorted from the high level to lowest level. So if you have a bunch of low level mods 12 and under it was easy to swap since all your character you have mods on have most likey level 15 mods. Now it sorta by original tier (color of mods Gold, Purple, Blue, Green, White) . If you have hundred of mods in your mods pool it take such a long time to find the mod you just release to swap to another character. Anyone have any suggestion to make mods easier?