Game Update 8/30/2018 - Mods 2.0 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    This place is a downer. This update is great! Players are celebrating over on reddit. Here, not so much. I don’t get it.
  • Options
    How is this possible? Everything complete but can’t collect? Edit - it’s a bug no collection available for mod battles - it’s missing
    d2a7p3dd2y3g.png

Same happened to me, I just unistalled and reinstalled the app. That should fix the problem...
    That did it! Thank you
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I just spent 150 crystals (3 refreshes) to farm enough pieces to upgrade 1 mod from blue to purple. I have hundreds of mods at all levels. Seems like a waste of time. So far I can't be bothered with this update. I hope the raids start giving quite alot of mod materials.
  • Options
    A good update overall however I have the feeling I lost dozen of millions on "old" yellow mod.
    Indeed a lot of them became blue with the update and that's really make me angry (4m creds spent one day before the update for a blue mod now...).
    They should have make it possible to give them away for the same amount of creds we spent on it. I can't understand how they didn't think of it...
  • Options
    ikalon wrote: »
    A good update overall however I have the feeling I lost dozen of millions on "old" yellow mod.
    Indeed a lot of them became blue with the update and that's really make me angry (4m creds spent one day before the update for a blue mod now...).
    They should have make it possible to give them away for the same amount of creds we spent on it. I can't understand how they didn't think of it...

Not trying to be disrespectful, but I think you need to read over all the mod release notes as you have not lost anything,

You didnt lose anything as in the old system the color only related to lvl it was at (3,6,9,12). Its reverted back to its original color when it was farmed or won but you did not lose any stats* from that mod.

You now can slice the same mod to up the color which increases the stats.
  • Options
    ShablamE wrote: »
    Did anyone else get this or did this update trash a mod I bought this morning? Can’t remember if I was at the inventory cap when I purchased it. y9vpn0d03g15.png
    Obviously I wouldn’t buy 4 junk mods nor could I have bought a 4 pack of them.

I think these mods was received as a reward for a low tier slicing quest.
  • Narzis
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I really like this update, appreciate the new energy, which will let new players to compete much more faster.

However, there is always room for improvement:
    • Mod cap can be reached fairly quickly because now everyone can accumulate mods. Cap needs to be raised.
    • We are on the first day, so we don't have extensive experience about the slicing mat drop rates, but it looks like it's gonna be a heavy grind. Not a problem, but it would be good to see some additional slicing mat drops in raids, hard nodes, etc. On long term it might help a bit.
    • Mk2 pulse modulator is a critical mat. Now it's placed in the guild store, which is already the most important source of high end gear, and also a farming place for a LOT of toons. Without some additional guild store currency income, or removal of the mk2 (and displace it to another store: arena store, gw store, etc). It will become a major bottleneck. Guild store currency mainly comes from raids. This will also motivate top players to stay on the top of raids, which will just lead to more tension in guilds.

• thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Really liking this update, the mod sorting and filtering is really useful. managed to add a load of speed to my arean team. amazing whats hidden away on farm boy etc.

One small criticism tho; when you take mods off other toons, the game just leaves them with a hole. I assumed it swapped them with the toon youre working on. You then have to go thru them all and find the missing mods and add something back.

Could there be an option (or even default) to swap the pair, rather than leaving holes everywhere?

otherwise very pleased with this update. slicing seems fun, done 3 so far, got two with +defence (yay!) but one went from 14 to 19 speed.

good job

cheers
  • Options
    Mahbrethir wrote: »
    5dtxitzbc4fx.png

1. Patch Notes are hard right?
    2. We didn't ask for this.... we asked for a 10x or multi button. STOP.... IGNORING.... YOUR.... COMMUNITY. If you were actually ON the forums you'd know that people ask for a multi button.
    3. This is a huge disadvantage to people who have been spending their ally points for "mostly" useless things.
    4. Any change like this should not be usable for people who've banked up ally points. That's just asking for complaints.
    5. The last time you all even mentioned this (on the forums, you know that actual place you're supposed to communicate with us) was the laughable moment you said you didn't have the tech to do multiple pulls (even though it's sitting RIGHT NEXT TO OTHER CARDS WITH MULTI PULLS).

So... yeah...

It's 2 omegas a week. It's hardly worth worrying about. You should easily be building up 10k ally points a week to keep up with that if you're that worried about it.
  • Options
    @Vinny60 same here. I did at least half of my characters and today the recommendations are mostly different. Do we out in a ticket for wasted resources?

Seems like we could try that route.
  • ikalon
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Not trying to be disrespectful, but I think you need to read over all the mod release notes as you have not lost anything,

You didnt lose anything as in the old system the color only related to lvl it was at (3,6,9,12). Its reverted back to its original color when it was farmed or won but you did not lose any stats* from that mod.

Sorry, answering really late.
    No problem, I understand that much. Thing I don't like is "Oh you bought gold mod earlier ? In fact it was blue one but right now the yellow one are the really ****, trust us".
    OK so no, give me back my creds I have spent on the old gold ones so I'll be able to invest the same amount in the REAL gold one now. Or why make us pay 3.91M for fake gold one before and the same amount right now for the right ones ?

You see what I mean ? There should be a compensation as the gold ones we bought before weren't really "gold".

PS : Oh and saying it again, I'm not complaining about the update overall, it's really good I think. Just talking about the consequences.
  • Options
    Gear 12 blocking 6* mods is a total slap in the face to F2P players. Damed if we do, and damed if we don’t. Horrible decision. Just horrible.
  • Options
    I've been pretty critical of the game this year but I love this update
    Weekly shipments and hard node increases are a godsend to my visas farm
    It's amazing that I can farm mods without compromising my cantina farms and lodadouts turned out much better than I expected

Nice one to the whole team, you really delivered on this
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Narzis wrote: »
    I really like this update, appreciate the new energy, which will let new players to compete much more faster.

However, there is always room for improvement:
    • Mod cap can be reached fairly quickly because now everyone can accumulate mods. Cap needs to be raised.
    • We are on the first day, so we don't have extensive experience about the slicing mat drop rates, but it looks like it's gonna be a heavy grind. Not a problem, but it would be good to see some additional slicing mat drops in raids, hard nodes, etc. On long term it might help a bit.
    • Mk2 pulse modulator is a critical mat. Now it's placed in the guild store, which is already the most important source of high end gear, and also a farming place for a LOT of toons. Without some additional guild store currency income, or removal of the mk2 (and displace it to another store: arena store, gw store, etc). It will become a major bottleneck. Guild store currency mainly comes from raids. This will also motivate top players to stay on the top of raids, which will just lead to more tension in guilds.

Room for improvement.. "remove all button"

As for the Mk2 pretty sure it is intended to be a bottle neck and not easy to obtain. Doubt it will go to the easy stores espically since they said no more changes there. Could have been worse and could have be put in fleet store.
  • Options
    Ummmm.. @CG_SBCrumb new issue after recent update.wr4d2gt2uesm.jpg
  • Options

Sorry, answering really late.
    No problem, I understand that much. Thing I don't like is "Oh you bought gold mod earlier ? In fact it was blue one but right now the yellow one are the really ****, trust us".
    OK so no, give me back my creds I have spent on the old gold ones so I'll be able to invest the same amount in the REAL gold one now. Or why make us pay 3.91M for fake gold one before and the same amount right now for the right ones ?

You see what I mean ? There should be a compensation as the gold ones we bought before weren't really "gold".

PS : Oh and saying it again, I'm not complaining about the update overall, it's really good I think. Just talking about the consequences.

@ikalon

The gold mod you bought before the update is still a gold mod. Color is now used to depict the possible number of increases to the secondaries on the mod. I.e.
    White = no secondary increases when leveling, just basic secondary stats
    Green = 1 secondary increase when leveling
    Blue = 2 secondary increases when leveling
    Purple = 3 secondary increases when leveling
    Gold = 4 secondary increases when leveling

The previous system showed a white mod that got leveled to 15 (so it turned gold) was the same as a gold mod leveled to 15. Now they accurately depict that the white mod that was leveled is inferior to the gold mod that is leveled. What they changed is that the color no longer reflects the level of the mod (1-15) and instead reflects the number of secondaries that it shows.

To reiterate, if you bought a gold mod before, then it's still a gold mod. If you bought a blue mod before and leveled it up to gold, now it's changed to be blue again as that is a more accurate representation of the quality of the mod.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

This is a thoroughly satisfying update. First time in awhile that an update feels like it is wholly beneficial to the game, without adding frustration elsewhere.The weekly shipments are a fun bonus, too.

Definitely think the 8 Hard Nodes should be a permanent fixture. I would be MUCH more likely to refresh or farm Hard Nodes actively with 8. It makes it feel like progress is at least possible, even for the impossible farms (sic: Sabine).

Also, very much appreciate and enjoy the drop rates for mod farming. Was VERY concerned about this, but pleasantly surprised by their being achievable, without being effortless.

Overall, I think this is an excellent update, and really appreciate the effort. Wanted to pass this along.

• Glurp
    57 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

As for the Mk2 pretty sure it is intended to be a bottle neck and not easy to obtain.

Exactly. Every time they make a change, it is carefully designed to look like it is helping players but in reality is placing greater demands on players. Mod slicing is designed to get people to buy the 6-dot materials with crystals or store currency already spread thin. Giving mods separate energy looks like a favor to players, but until the update went live, they omitted, to my knowledge, the fact that now mod energy is split between mods and slicing materials. It's not much different than before, especially when you consider what a small portion of new characters go to cantina.

When they take challenge gear out of raid rewards, they will find a way to give us less in some other way, but they will do their best to make it look like they're helping us.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Sith Raid update will be released with the Mods updates you say.....but nahhh
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

They were actually pretty clear about the changes to the Sith Raid coming after the Mod update, because they wanted to evaluate the effects of the Mod update before making any changes to the raid itself.

The exact quote from @CG_SBCrumb is:

"We are hoping to go live with this shortly after the Mod changes are implemented but we need to do some additional testing before we can finalize our exactly solutions"

Its like the 4th comment in the MegaThread for the raid change announcement
  • Options
    4* mods take a serious Nerf in this update
  • Options
    fu2q6294su59.png

Did they list the secondary ranges for 6E mods? All secondaries raise when slicing to 6E but it isn't clear by how much, except to say it'll be at the same relative % of max of the ability at tier 6E.
  • Options
    Filter couldn't find mod with stats I wanted in game but swgoh.gg did.
  • Options
    I feel like this update is similar to getting a new Christmas present with no batteries to put in it. I've got all these mods and a great new tool to play with them, but no materials to do anything with it. It's just sitting in the corner with me staring at it. This is what makes the update disappointing to me. Not the effort you guys put into it or the fact that it's "good". I just don't get to use it and that is terrible.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb a take away that should be a trivial fix is that deselecting all filter parameters should automatically default to initial state of 'All Selected' -- depending on the parameter. It doesn't do this currently and the button to confirm the search is not highlighted (but will throw an exception telling you that your filter search is invalid). Just a little tweak to the UI/UX on that would be nice.

nrrgstlpiume.png

5hdron55oc4t.png
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

I've noticed you have a tendency of selectively reading. They never said or implied this at all.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb
    when making changes to mods and you come back out of the character it now takes you back to the top of the list rather than back to the character you where changing mods on can that be changed back to the way it was before. its annoying having to scroll halfway down the page because you edit / change a mod
  • Options
    i cant get new client, it say that my device isn't compatibile
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    dsteve wrote: »
    fu2q6294su59.png

Did they list the secondary ranges for 6E mods? All secondaries raise when slicing to 6E but it isn't clear by how much, except to say it'll be at the same relative % of max of the ability at tier 6E.

@dsteve there is a chart in this post of both primary and secondary increases when going to 6e
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/178037/a-very-brief-overview-of-upcoming-mod-changes#latest