Game Update 8/30/2018 - Mods 2.0 [MEGA]

123457Next

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for moving the zeta mats to the top of the fleet store
  • Options
    Gear 12 blocking 6* mods is a total slap in the face to F2P players. Damed if we do, and damed if we don’t. Horrible decision. Just horrible.

I’m f2p and I’m not locked out of mod slicing. I started playing this game about 5 months after launch, I’ve never been super focused on Squad Arena for all those crystal rewards for placing higher. I started off in the very low thousands in arena and over time I improved, now I sit between 30-100 in arena depending on how many battles a day I do. Mod slicing shouldn’t be open to any and everyone regardless of player level or position in the game though imo, that wouldn’t be fair to anyone who has went through the long journey of the mods in game. Almost 3.3 million GP, f2p, have roughly 25 gear 12 toons who can equip 6* mods, notice I’m not angry about the other 125+ toons in my roster who cannot yet equip 6* mods? Perspective.

Thanks for the post proving that this game is P2W and F2P can't be competitive. Perspective.
  • Options
    Like the updates, thanks. One quality of life problem since the update is that if you look at characters in mod mode, and then go back, the screen currently goes back to the top characters. Would save a lot of time if the screen goes back to the characters just looked at.
  • Options
    Gear 12 blocking 6* mods is a total slap in the face to F2P players. Damed if we do, and damed if we don’t. Horrible decision. Just horrible.

I’m f2p and I’m not locked out of mod slicing. I started playing this game about 5 months after launch, I’ve never been super focused on Squad Arena for all those crystal rewards for placing higher. I started off in the very low thousands in arena and over time I improved, now I sit between 30-100 in arena depending on how many battles a day I do. Mod slicing shouldn’t be open to any and everyone regardless of player level or position in the game though imo, that wouldn’t be fair to anyone who has went through the long journey of the mods in game. Almost 3.3 million GP, f2p, have roughly 25 gear 12 toons who can equip 6* mods, notice I’m not angry about the other 125+ toons in my roster who cannot yet equip 6* mods? Perspective.
    You just proved that mod 6 is P2W while trying to be smart and show it isn't. Maybe some of the longtime F2P can utilize the 6dot mods but the majority of us can't. Compound this with G12 pieces being locked behind an abyssal raid where only the top 10 get those pieces and evidence is pretty clear F2p took a hit.

The coming months the gap will widen further as the 3.5gp people like yourself which many would call a whale will be able to equip the god mods while the 1.5gp and under most likely not. You are also basing your experience off your shard many new players are dumped into extremely active shards like mine. In my arena it's nothing to see G12 teams with 3+ zetas in the 900 to 700 range. I doubt you would be breaking into the top 500 much 100 or 50. Fleet is the same way in my shard. Each shard consists of 20k and they just stick new accounts in them until they fill up. Well if 5k of those accounts are whales like in mine then F2P never has a chance.

This is why new player retention is in the gutter and the minnows and mid level players are quitting because CG shard system is completely unfair. Other games have a graduated system where once you reach a certain strength you are moved to a shard that is an even playing field. Meaning the whales fight the whales and the super strong or long time F2P who can compete can go at it. It's ridiculous to put 3.5gp player in a shard with a 800k player. This also means the lucky few that are on the first servers which have a lot of dead accounts have smooth sailing to top 10 everyday which is also unfair.

Couple all of this with G12 being locked behind a ridiculously hard raid and that means very fee but highest GP will ever actually get to utilize 6 dot mods. Hence why people are saying this raid is destroying guilds because people are leaving to go to guilds where they know they can get in the top 10 just to be able get G12 pieces without spending an arm and a leg. Take my guild for instance I love it and under normal circumstances would never leave but I don't have any chance of breaking into the top 10. I usually end up around 12 to 14 so if I leave and go to a slightly weaker guild then I can get in the top10 and finally start farming G12 pieces.

The state of the game is horrible and shows no possibility of improving outside of give me more money.

TL;DR G12 gated behind the top 10 of an obnoxious raid and then added to that 6dot mods gated behind G12 will slowly kill out the the lower guilds and players as the months progress. Soon it will be whales fighting whales.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »

You just proved that mod 6 is P2W while trying to be smart and show it isn't. Maybe some of the longtime F2P can utilize the 6dot mods but the majority of us can't. Compound this with G12 pieces being locked behind an abyssal raid where only the top 10 get those pieces and evidence is pretty clear F2p took a hit.

The coming months the gap will widen further as the 3.5gp people like yourself which many would call a whale will be able to equip the god mods while the 1.5gp and under most likely not. You are also basing your experience off your shard many new players are dumped into extremely active shards like mine. In my arena it's nothing to see G12 teams with 3+ zetas in the 900 to 700 range. I doubt you would be breaking into the top 500 much 100 or 50. Fleet is the same way in my shard. Each shard consists of 20k and they just stick new accounts in them until they fill up. Well if 5k of those accounts are whales like in mine then F2P never has a chance.

This is why new player retention is in the gutter and the minnows and mid level players are quitting because CG shard system is completely unfair. Other games have a graduated system where once you reach a certain strength you are moved to a shard that is an even playing field. Meaning the whales fight the whales and the super strong or long time F2P who can compete can go at it. It's ridiculous to put 3.5gp player in a shard with a 800k player. This also means the lucky few that are on the first servers which have a lot of dead accounts have smooth sailing to top 10 everyday which is also unfair.

Couple all of this with G12 being locked behind a ridiculously hard raid and that means very fee but highest GP will ever actually get to utilize 6 dot mods. Hence why people are saying this raid is destroying guilds because people are leaving to go to guilds where they know they can get in the top 10 just to be able get G12 pieces without spending an arm and a leg. Take my guild for instance I love it and under normal circumstances would never leave but I don't have any chance of breaking into the top 10. I usually end up around 12 to 14 so if I leave and go to a slightly weaker guild then I can get in the top10 and finally start farming G12 pieces.

The state of the game is horrible and shows no possibility of improving outside of give me more money.

TL;DR G12 gated behind the top 10 of an obnoxious raid and then added to that 6dot mods gated behind G12 will slowly kill out the the lower guilds and players as the months progress. Soon it will be whales fighting whales.

that's not how any of this works.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Then inform me and everybody else that has come to the same conclusion how it really works. Also are you F2P or whales and what's your GP.
  • Options

Then inform me and everybody else that has come to the same conclusion how it really works. Also are you F2P or whales and what's your GP.
    [/quote]

mostly f2p with some money spent, many in our guild are f2p, don't think we have any actual whales. gp 3.2

you seem to think servers fill slowly, and that 3.5m whales get put in servers/shards with a few 100k players.

you think the raid is too hard, but also that your guild is too good for you to get top 10. either you need to get better or you can drop down. when this started people said it was destroying guilds bc people would move up, now it's down.

nothing is locked behind a paywall, just a waiting wall.
  • Options

mostly f2p with some money spent, many in our guild are f2p, don't think we have any actual whales. gp 3.2

you seem to think servers fill slowly, and that 3.5m whales get put in servers/shards with a few 100k players.

you think the raid is too hard, but also that your guild is too good for you to get top 10. either you need to get better or you can drop down. when this started people said it was destroying guilds bc people would move up, now it's down.

nothing is locked behind a paywall, just a waiting wall.[/quote]
    Wrong again. CG makes a server and fills it up with the first 20k players to join at that time. So a new player could get lucky and be on a mostly F2P shard which makes it much easier for a new player to proceed. OR they could get put in a shard like me who has about 5k whales among the 20k not to mention the ones right under whales, guppies, minnows, and finally F2P.

A new player can't survive in a shard such as that considering it will take a good year+ to really start developing teams. That's not even mentioning the new Toons coming out every week. The legends and the new legends coming. It's great that some or maybe a lot of vet F2P are on older shards where there is a dead accounts galore. It must be nice to be able to take first in arena with a 80k team and being in the top 10with a 170k fleet. That means they rake in ton of free crystals further helping them.

My shard is nothing like that. Arena wise it's nothing to see all G12 pieces and 3+ zetas at 900 to 700. The top in my arena is ungodly and the fleet is the same way. That is why CG should adopt a graduated system that moves players up in shards as they get more powerful. Most games do this already because it helps with player retention because you aren't throwing them in a possible shark pit.

Yes the raid is destroying guilds it's a proven fact. Guilds that have been together for a year or more are breaking up because some are able to handle HSTR while others are not so they leave to find a guild doing HSTR. Others who are right at breaking into the top 10 are leaving to go to a lower guild where they can get the top 10 and get the gear they need for their Toons. That alone is proof enough the raid is destroying guilds.

Argue with me all you want but go an argue with the 1000s on here and Reddit talking about the raid destroying their long time guilds from people leaving to people quitting. Or go read the 1700 response thread about the STR raid and how much it is hated for what it has done to guilds and the game.

CG is so clueless that they were surprised it was taking the vast majority of guilds 6 WEEKS to finish T6 much . That proves they don't even know their own game. Do me a favor and go to tell all the other 1000s they don't know what they are talking about and everything is just peachy.
  • Options

Wrong again. CG makes a server and fills it up with the first 20k players to join at that time. So a new player could get lucky and be on a mostly F2P shard which makes it much easier for a new player to proceed. OR they could get put in a shard like me who has about 5k whales among the 20k not to mention the ones right under whales, guppies, minnows, and finally F2P.

A new player can't survive in a shard such as that considering it will take a good year+ to really start developing teams. That's not even mentioning the new Toons coming out every week. The legends and the new legends coming. It's great that some or maybe a lot of vet F2P are on older shards where there is a dead accounts galore. It must be nice to be able to take first in arena with a 80k team and being in the top 10with a 170k fleet. That means they rake in ton of free crystals further helping them.

My shard is nothing like that. Arena wise it's nothing to see all G12 pieces and 3+ zetas at 900 to 700. The top in my arena is ungodly and the fleet is the same way. That is why CG should adopt a graduated system that moves players up in shards as they get more powerful. Most games do this already because it helps with player retention because you aren't throwing them in a possible shark pit.

Yes the raid is destroying guilds it's a proven fact. Guilds that have been together for a year or more are breaking up because some are able to handle HSTR while others are not so they leave to find a guild doing HSTR. Others who are right at breaking into the top 10 are leaving to go to a lower guild where they can get the top 10 and get the gear they need for their Toons. That alone is proof enough the raid is destroying guilds.

Argue with me all you want but go an argue with the 1000s on here and Reddit talking about the raid destroying their long time guilds from people leaving to people quitting. Or go read the 1700 response thread about the STR raid and how much it is hated for what it has done to guilds and the game.

CG is so clueless that they were surprised it was taking the vast majority of guilds 6 WEEKS to finish T6 much . That proves they don't even know their own game. Do me a favor and go to tell all the other 1000s they don't know what they are talking about and everything is just peachy.[/quote]

lmfao. link to your nonsense? 20k shards don't get filled so ~00k get put on shards with 3.5m "whales"??

AGAIN, that's not how any of this works. jfc get educated, watch some vids. unreal with this nonsense
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

CG is so clueless that they were surprised it was taking the vast majority of guilds 6 WEEKS to finish T6 much . That proves they don't even know their own game. Do me a favor and go to tell all the other 1000s they don't know what they are talking about and everything is just peachy.

lmfao. link to your nonsense? 20k shards don't get filled so ~00k get put on shards with 3.5m "whales"??

AGAIN, that's not how any of this works. get educated, watch some vids. unreal with this nonsense[/quote]

You are dense the developers have said they fill a shard as players come in until it reach 20k then they rinse and repeat. So yeah they are new players but it quite easy for a whale to reach 3mil GP+ in months if he is willing to spend that kind of money and they do. Also there is no timeline on the 20k fill up point. You could have 10k players in a shard for a month before another 10k arrives which means those first 10k already have a head start.

I play clash of clans and one of the top guys in legends spends 25k a month on that game. So yeah even if they are all new starting out it won't stay that way long if there is a lot of whales in that new player group. You are just being obtuse and ignoring that fact obviously. Since that is the only point you keep feebly trying to argue against I guess the other points I brought up you can't argue them down.

Just give up trying to validate a broken point. The fact is CG should have implemented a graduated system long ago and maybe they would have been able to save all the new players that have quit. Now they are scrambling because new player retention is in the gutter and without a constant influx of new players a game dies. Older players get burned out and quit, they get mad that CG screwed up multiple things and quit, or they just get tired of the game. Mid level players get frustrated because they can't progress or do 3\4 of the stuff in the game because it's locked behind level walls or toon walls or pay wall. New players start playing and realize it will be roughly 2 years before they really start having fun if CG doesn't move goal posts again which they will hence making it longer.

Every game of this type that has been out for this long as always implemented steps to help new players catch up quicker so that they stay and enjoy the game. This game doesn't and now they are reaping the rewards for their actions which is a shrinking player base with little to none new players coming in to fill the gap.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Let's reel it in people. It's okay to disagree with each other but let's do it respectfully, no need to sling insults/ name call. That includes calling folks dense.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Also--pay attention to your quote tags.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I've given it some time and tried building other mod sets. Speed is still the dominant stat and there's no point in going for anything else still. If you don't have speed you lose. Am I just doing it wrong?
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @EA_Cian Bud you jacked those posts up when you edited them. The ones I wrote now have his tag on them and other stuff got garbled. Like the one that talks about clash of clans is actually my post since I'm the one who plays clash but somehow it got changed and says he posted it. I think some of it screwed up because he didn't use the quote right in his post and when I quoted that post it jacked it up and when you came in and edited maybe it changed some stuff.

AGAIN, that's not how any of this works. get educated, watch some vids. unreal with this nonsense[/quote]

This part was in a post I quoted of him quoting me and responded but it had this line it where he messed up the quote tags so when I hit quote on that post it did something weird and just showed my post and not his response to my post in the quote box. Anyways no big deal you can delete the whole post instead of trying to fix everything. Probably be easier.
  • Options
    @EA_Cian Bud you jacked those posts up when you edited them. The ones I wrote now have his tag on them and other stuff got garbled. Like the one that talks about clash of clans is actually my post since I'm the one who plays clash but somehow it got changed and says he posted it. I think some of it screwed up because he didn't use the quote right in his post and when I quoted that post it jacked it up and when you came in and edited maybe it changed some stuff.

AGAIN, that's not how any of this works. get educated, watch some vids. unreal with this nonsense

This part was in a post I quoted of him quoting me and responded but it had this line it where he messed up the quote tags so when I hit quote on that post it did something weird and just showed my post and not his response to my post in the quote box. Anyways no big deal you can delete the whole post instead of trying to fix everything. Probably be easier.[/quote]

tell me more about these 3.5m whales on a shard with 0gp peeps. I'll wait. agree the quoting got all messed up.
  • Options
    I've given it some time and tried building other mod sets. Speed is still the dominant stat and there's no point in going for anything else still. If you don't have speed you lose. Am I just doing it wrong?

Some speed is important, all speed is overkill. I have a mod giving +5 speed and +5% offense (it started with speed and every increase has gone to Off%) and I’d really much rather have that than a mod with +15 speed.

Especially if a character is just plain slow to start with. Speed is important for determining who goes first, but it’s not like you’re going to get two turns before they get one...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.