Nightsister Zombie Rework: Begone Paper, Hello Fat [MEGA]

Replies

• Chewy88 wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    DyloBin wrote: »
    I'm a fan. And thank you the Old Daka refund along with this rework. I'm excited to continue using Zombie at a higher gear level with my Nightsisters and appreciate that you kept the theme of the faction intact with this change.

For those that are complaining, time for you to hit the drawing board and create new strategies for conquering the STR/HSTR. Changes happen, and you're allowed to not like them. But this just forces you to shoot for higher levels of play than you currently had. Which is sort of the point of a game like this.
    So it doesn’t affect you so screw everyone else? That’s selfish as hell. Nerfs are not good for the community.

You haven't even tried it yet, stop calling it a nerf before you try. Also, I know several people that geared her up a lot so they are in better shape now. Anything CG was going to do was going to upset someone. Sorry you are the one upset, but it's time we figure something else out. A better geared character should perform better than an under geared character plain and simple.
    Also actually understand that this hurts not only g1 zombie but g12 this makes the toon worse all the way around and seriously messes up asaj and talzin leads.
    So NERF!!!!

It’s hard to know yet. My thought is if I can stack zombie speed up high enough I can improve my assist revive chains under Talzin lead by a ton...
  • It's great they are giving Dakas zeta back but I think this did more damage to Talzin lead.
  • Drago5760 wrote: »
    I'm a fan. And thank you the Old Daka refund along with this rework. I'm excited to continue using Zombie at a higher gear level with my Nightsisters and appreciate that you kept the theme of the faction intact with this change.

For those that are complaining, time for you to hit the drawing board and create new strategies for conquering the STR/HSTR. Changes happen, and you're allowed to not like them. But this just forces you to shoot for higher levels of play than you currently had. Which is sort of the point of a game like this.
    So it doesn’t affect you so screw everyone else? That’s selfish as hell. Nerfs are not good for the community.

You haven't even tried it yet, stop calling it a nerf before you try. Also, I know several people that geared her up a lot so they are in better shape now. Anything CG was going to do was going to upset someone. Sorry you are the one upset, but it's time we figure something else out. A better geared character should perform better than an under geared character plain and simple.

I geared my zombie already - I am not in better shape after this rework than before it. It’s a net loss. This is a nerf to that zombie and every other zombie.

CG is being disingenuous here. They hate the succes folks are having with NS in the trash can fire that is HSTR. Refund all NS gear, mats, and credits.

I guess, I find HSR to be way to easy now. As with everything it just takes the right comp and then bam. Making this change isnt going to mean your guild can no longer beat HSR. Also, it wont lower your ranking because you are still on the same level as everyone else.

If your guild is on the fringe of completing HSR then you are still there. Get your Bastilla farmed, get your chex mix squad farmed, and get chewie when he comes around. You can still make it happen. And after you complete it once the second time is super easy.
  • CommanderRacheon
    123 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @CG_TopHat is the revive from Undying Sacrifice that the Zombie gives to other Nightsisters like a normal revive where it can be prevented with Annihilate or Execute or is it like the Zombie's revive where it can't be prevented?
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    Kreontas wrote: »
    Also I just realized that you just created the same scenario as paper zombie for the P3 team. Leaving Zombie at G9 (and modded with speed so she can take a few turns before dying) so you don't have the new Unique reviving the first 2 other Nightsisters the first time they die seems more beneficial at the moment. Thoughts?
    @CG_TopHat

If she's not g10 she can permanently die. That basically ruins her.

At G8 and modded she can take a few hits before dying so it shouldn't be an issue.

That's not the point. Her viability in the group was that she made sure that it was hard to wipe out the night sisters and it helped asajj do a lot of damage.
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    Kreontas wrote: »
    Also I just realized that you just created the same scenario as paper zombie for the P3 team. Leaving Zombie at G9 (and modded with speed so she can take a few turns before dying) so you don't have the new Unique reviving the first 2 other Nightsisters the first time they die seems more beneficial at the moment. Thoughts?
    @CG_TopHat

If she's not g10 she can permanently die. That basically ruins her.

At G8 and modded she can take a few hits before dying so it shouldn't be an issue.

She also has to survive to the start of her next turn to get the speed boost and avoid permanent death.
  • @CG_TopHat you know what, after reading some of the ridiculous "nerf" calls and hate on the change, im beginning to see why the passive is on a husk rather than Daka. :( Yall need to relax this nonsense is causing CG to kill flavor.
  • Thats true also now that zombie heals the whole team we might get a few more hits during p4 run but again we wont know till the rework. No need to panic just yet
  • Monel wrote: »

Is there any reason we should trust/have faith this will go well? Every update or tweak that is made colossally breaks things. I’ve run out of ability to think anything they “fix” will actually get fixed
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    MCGrex wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat you know what, after reading some of the ridiculous "nerf" calls and hate on the change, im beginning to see why the passive is on a husk rather than Daka. :( Yall need to relax this nonsense is causing CG to kill flavor.

It’s not a ridiculous call when you are totally changing a faction and it’s investment and viability is being negated. So just call a spade a spade and a nerf a nerf cuz that’s exactly what this is.
  • @CG_TopHat

Can you explain the purpose of the two revivals again?

I previously mentioned that I utilize these “partial revivals” (character dies, then comes back and assists another’s attack) in regular combat, on a DAILY basis. Almost in every battle I fight. It’s a nice little bump to offense at the expense of not reviving when you had a chance to.

I just don’t “get” the two times limitation or stipulation aspect. It makes no sense to me.
  • Deum_Alisi1
    117 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    MCGrex wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat you know what, after reading some of the ridiculous "nerf" calls and hate on the change, im beginning to see why the passive is on a husk rather than Daka. :( Yall need to relax this nonsense is causing CG to kill flavor.

CG can kill flavor til the cows come home as long as they stop killing the game.
  • So in summary

1. Minor Heal on special
    2. When Zombie takes a hit and lives, at the start of her next turn, she gains 50% speed stacking up to 2 stacks.
    3. When Zombie dies she revives with -50% Speed up to 2 Stacks
    4. Abilities 2 and 3 Cancel out.
    5. Zombies Pre-G10 cant revive with -100% Speed
    6. Post G10 Zombie stops 5.
    7. The first two times that a NS ally other than zombie dies, they revive and zombie dies. Zombie is revived, without speed bonuses or reductions.
  • I’m confused by the freakouts in regards to MT p3. Unless I’m missing something, it seems like it should make this strategy better, not worse. Are people freaking out just cuz that’s the usual thing to do?
  • I actually really like this. Now all you need to do is one shot the Zombie twice and it is shut down.
  • Ploosh wrote: »
    I’m confused by the freakouts in regards to MT p3. Unless I’m missing something, it seems like it should make this strategy better, not worse. Are people freaking out just cuz that’s the usual thing to do?

It makes it worse, even at g10.
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So both raid teams are now worse? Great change CG! 🙄
    Post edited by Aldaron on
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Ploosh wrote: »
    I’m confused by the freakouts in regards to MT p3. Unless I’m missing something, it seems like it should make this strategy better, not worse. Are people freaking out just cuz that’s the usual thing to do?

You need to kill off initiate and MT ASAP in P3.
    Now, when you do get them killed, Zombie will be the sacrificial lamb and die instead, so you need to work double the amount of Traya turns to get the P3 MT train rolling with basics reviving the dead NS...

So, on face value, it feels like a straight nerf hammer to the P3 setup.
    It might still do well in P4 under AV, what with that extra heal and all.
  • I actually really like this. Now all you need to do is one shot the Zombie twice and it is shut down.

unless its at g10.
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »

Is there any reason we should trust/have faith this will go well? Every update or tweak that is made colossally breaks things. I’ve run out of ability to think anything they “fix” will actually get fixed

Look I will admit they have made some mistakes, and made a big one or two as well. But you "every update or tweak...colossally breaks things" is a tad much. You expect them to be honest and you throw out that sentence? Come on man... put things into perspective. All characters should be at their best when maxed out, there should not be 1 exception to this. Also, let the game be played before you call things a sucess or failure. Certain aspects of this sound good and certain aspects sound bad. Let's see what happens.

I agree that without the constant revive asaj is a bit disadvantaged. But... kind of a stupid mechanic to begin with, which was CGs fault. I used it to my advantage for a long time, I am glad that is was removed. I like that Zombie will heal, gives more durability to NS.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I actually really like this. Now all you need to do is one shot the Zombie twice and it is shut down.

Actually nope. Because when you kill another Nightsister Zombie is back in the game. So to take Zombie out you have to kill 2 other Nightsisters then 1 shot the Zombie twice.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    I actually really like this. Now all you need to do is one shot the Zombie twice and it is shut down.

unless its at g10.

Even if it is g10 it still has -100% speed. I meant shutting it down, not killing it. Although I can see how hard it would be to one shot a g10 Zombie.
  • At least they didn't try to claim we wouldn't see any noticable difference this time.
  • Monel wrote: »
    JiggyMoose wrote: »

Look I will admit they have made some mistakes, and made a big one or two as well. But you "every update or tweak...colossally breaks things" is a tad much. You expect them to be honest and you throw out that sentence? Come on man... put things into perspective. All characters should be at their best when maxed out, there should not be 1 exception to this. Also, let the game be played before you call things a sucess or failure. Certain aspects of this sound good and certain aspects sound bad. Let's see what happens.

I agree that without the constant revive asaj is a bit disadvantaged. But... kind of a **** mechanic to begin with, which was CGs fault. I used it to my advantage for a long time, I am glad that is was removed. I like that Zombie will heal, gives more durability to NS.

We just have very different POVs then, I have zero faith that this mega nerf will go well, and I want my Asajj zeta back because i literally put it on her to use with zombie in the STR. I’m just thanking god my guild finished a STR run today before this awful change ruins the NS faction
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    Ploosh wrote: »

You need to kill off initiate and MT ASAP in P3.
    Now, when you do get them killed, Zombie will be the sacrificial lamb and die instead, so you need to work double the amount of Traya turns to get the P3 MT train rolling with basics reviving the dead NS...

So, on face value, it feels like a straight nerf hammer to the P3 setup.
    It might still do well in P4 under AV, what with that extra heal and all.

That’s all? I get where that will make it a little slower start, but with the extra speed on zombie, I would think it would more than make up for the slower start. Especially for those of us with low geared initiate/spirit ... I usually revive my initiate (g6) atleast once just waiting for MT (g12) to die already, and still have posted 13+ mil.
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

unless its at g10.

Even if it is g10 it still has -100% speed. I meant shutting it down, not killing it. Although I can see how hard it would be to one shot a g10 Zombie.

But the first 2 times you kill a ns ally zombie will die instead and revive without -100% speed. So yes you'll have to kill zombie, then kill 2 ns allies, then kill zombie twice to shut it down.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »

Ah, I see where you got this. Clarification: *I'm excited to continue using Zombie AFTER raising her to a higher gear level...

I was using Paper Zombie, friend. And I'm fine gearing her up because I agree that advancing characters should always be the aim.

I apologize for any confusion my original post may have caused.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

When you see teams with G1 Bastilas outperforming teams with G12 Bastilas then it's a fair comparison.

When a 3 and 4 star G11 can outperform a full g12 7 star arena team then yes its a fair comparison[/quote]Disagree.

You can have a team of g12 toons with no synergy or team composition (Mob Enforcer, CUP etc)

Bastilla works at 3 stars because she is highly geared and has a highly geared team around her (g12 GMY, Ezra, GK etc.)

Its like having a 5 star Traya g11, as long as the team around you is good its ok

Also, with Bastilla, it only works because 6 dot mods are still behind a paywall once those mods are more and more accessible, toons like Bastilla will struggle in the future when they face teams fully equipped with 6 dot mods. By toons like Bastilla I mean 3/4* g11. Bastilla only works for her leadership roles but other marquee toons might not see similar results in the future

• Endless Horde change would have been enough to penalize Paper Zombie and boost Fat Zombie strategy. Undying Sacrifice made her way more OP than she already is. When EA found an unwanted convoluted strategy in action, you Devs either penalized the characters involved in it, or changed the characters in a way that only such strategy becomes impossible and everything else remains indifferent. Remember Nute Gunray, Stormtrooper Han, and Nightsister Acolyte? Why only Zombie gets an improvement?
    Also, G10 as requirement for Undying Sacrifice is a bit short-sighted IMO. When Pit was released, G9 was enough for top tier of raid. Now, it’s G12. So in a few years, G10 won’t be as high a gear level as it is now. Will UndSac would be for G12 when the time comes?
  • Changing things after we have made choices with our precious time and materials is unfair and possibly unethical. I am a customer as in paying. Give me back my zetas and let me reevaluate if I want to spend zetas on this new nightsister faction.