Nightsister Zombie Rework: Begone Paper, Hello Fat [MEGA]

Replies

• Ploosh wrote: »
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    Ploosh wrote: »
    I’m confused by the freakouts in regards to MT p3. Unless I’m missing something, it seems like it should make this strategy better, not worse. Are people freaking out just cuz that’s the usual thing to do?

You need to kill off initiate and MT ASAP in P3.
    Now, when you do get them killed, Zombie will be the sacrificial lamb and die instead, so you need to work double the amount of Traya turns to get the P3 MT train rolling with basics reviving the dead NS...

So, on face value, it feels like a straight nerf hammer to the P3 setup.
    It might still do well in P4 under AV, what with that extra heal and all.

That’s all? I get where that will make it a little slower start, but with the extra speed on zombie, I would think it would more than make up for the slower start. Especially for those of us with low geared initiate/spirit ... I usually revive my initiate (g6) atleast once just waiting for MT (g12) to die already, and still have posted 13+ mil.

Google night sisters death storm. That will clear things up for you.
  • Ghostdogg wrote: »
    Thats true also now that zombie heals the whole team we might get a few more hits during p4 run but again we wont know till the rework. No need to panic just yet

Exactly! Every new marquee and every rework:

yoa4vliv7ix3.jpg
  • Why CG do you have to mess up kits that have been around forever. You killed MT lead and AV lead got a nerf too. You need to refund all NS zetas and let the players decide whether it’s worth putting them back on this team. Hint... it’s not
  • First the expose nerf, now this, yet you don't nerf the raid itself.... just reduce the health pool on tiers 1-6 :smile:
  • Ultra wrote: »

When you see teams with G1 Bastilas outperforming teams with G12 Bastilas then it's a fair comparison.

When a 3 and 4 star G11 can outperform a full g12 7 star arena team then yes its a fair comparison
    Disagree.

You can have a team of g12 toons with no synergy or team composition (Mob Enforcer, CUP etc)

Bastilla works at 3 stars because she is highly geared and has a highly geared team around her (g12 GMY, Ezra, GK etc.)

Its like having a 5 star Traya g11, as long as the team around you is good its ok

Also, with Bastilla, it only works because 6 dot mods are still behind a paywall once those mods are more and more accessible, toons like Bastilla will struggle in the future when they face teams fully equipped with 6 dot mods. By toons like Bastilla I mean 3/4* g11. Bastilla only works for her leadership roles but other marquee toons might not see similar results in the future

[/quote]

She's that effective now. Using what's going to be coming in the future to justify it one way while condemning it another makes no sense.
  • I would have been ok with this if it were rolled out asap once people were using it in your HSith Raid. Its been how many months now where it was allowed?
  • Hold the horses here. Many of you are protesting a change that we haven’t even tried yet.

How about being optimistic and set the pitchforks down before we see it in action and actually used instead of how it looks like on paper?

Paper Zombie is done. Let’s give it some time.
  • Any way I can just get 20 free zeta mats?
  • Hold the horses here. Many of you are protesting a change that we haven’t even tried yet.

How about being optimistic and set the pitchforks down before we see it in action and actually used instead of how it looks like on paper?

Because of personal experience. This isn't our first nerf rodeo.
  • I would have been ok with this if it were rolled out asap once people were using it in your HSith Raid. Its been how many months now where it was allowed?
    It’s being changed because they are finally changing the str for lower guilds and want to keep the players down and the hstr unobtainable as possible for the community as a whole. Except for those who currently have hstr on farm of course

Optimistic? lol...fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me...so they have a phrase for the 10th time?
  • I don't think anyone wanted you to respecting their zombie investment at the expense of the team.

I only put a ton of resources into the Nightsisters because they're so strong in the Sith Raid, please respect my investment!

See the issue with that is it should have been done a year ago if that’s not what they wanted it to be. But they waited a year after people spent crazy energy gear and zetas on this faction solely for the raid. How does any nerf to this faction make sense unless like critolyte where it was absolutely a bug. This was never a bug it was a feature and this is a nerf.
  • UncleOnceler
    196 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    CG always overdoes it, and always overnerfs. There were multiple possible fixes announced, and this wasn't one of them, ever.

The same minds making the problem are trying to fix it, so have little faith.

Please give back my mother T and asajj lead zetas, Daka is fine and not even an issue (so of course you refund Daka?) It's clear devs don't play the raid or use the teams.
  • Deum_Alisi1
    117 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Hold the horses here. Many of you are protesting a change that we haven’t even tried yet.

See the issue with that is it should have been done a year ago if that’s not what they wanted it to be. But they waited a year after people spent crazy energy gear and zetas on this faction solely for the raid. How does any nerf to this faction make sense unless like critolyte where it was absolutely a bug. This was never a bug it was a feature and this is a nerf.

Critolyte wasn't a NS bug either. It was an issue with Traya and the str.
    I’m confused by the freakouts in regards to MT p3. Unless I’m missing something, it seems like it should make this strategy better, not worse. Are people freaking out just cuz that’s the usual thing to do?

Now, when you do get them killed, Zombie will be the sacrificial lamb and die instead, so you need to work double the amount of Traya turns to get the P3 MT train rolling with basics reviving the dead NS...

That’s all? I get where that will make it a little slower start, but with the extra speed on zombie, I would think it would more than make up for the slower start. Especially for those of us with low geared initiate/spirit ... I usually revive my initiate (g6) atleast once just waiting for MT (g12) to die already, and still have posted 13+ mil.

@Deum_Alisi1 that’s the team I’m talking about. I’ve scored 10+ mil with it in the past 7 or 8 raids we’ve run, allowing me to take first in my relatively casual guild. I’ve been running it since basically the first video on the team was released.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    Hold the horses here. Many of you are protesting a change that we haven’t even tried yet.

Critolyte wasn't a NS bug either. It was an issue with Traya.

You’re totally right but they’d rather change a toon then their raid. So I’ll give it to them that it was a bug but ns zombie was not
    I would have been ok with this if it were rolled out asap once people were using it in your HSith Raid. Its been how many months now where it was allowed?
    It’s being changed because they are finally changing the str for lower guilds and want to keep the players down and the hstr unobtainable as possible for the community as a whole. Except for those who currently have hstr on farm of course

So you think there a nerf on Zombie but that nerf only hurts guilds that haven't completed HSR? That's perfectly logical forum thinking at it's best!
  • Looks good.

Thanks for all the free salt too!

@Deum_Alisi1 that’s the team I’m talking about. I’ve scored 10+ mil with it in the past 7 or 8 raids we’ve run, allowing me to take first in my relatively casual guild. I’ve been running it since basically the first video on the team was released.

Then you know the faster you get it going the more damage you'll do, and having zombie being able to constantly revive is a vital part of the strategy. This is no longer possible past a couple of times.

(I figured you knew it, but didn't catch your damage output until after I posted.)
  • Can you wait a few weeks before refunding the Daka Zeta? It would be great if we can test the new zombie before making a decision on if we want to continue with the Daka Zeta.
  • Monel wrote: »
    I would have been ok with this if it were rolled out asap once people were using it in your HSith Raid. Its been how many months now where it was allowed?

So you think there a nerf on Zombie but that nerf only hurts guilds that haven't completed HSR? That's perfectly logical forum thinking at it's best!

No I think it effects the whole community hence my outrage but guilds with the hstr on farm and/or with a seven star traya are minimally effected where the ns faction can help push guilds over the edge but now they’re nothing but dead weight. That’s forum logic on this nerf though.
  • I am gonna sum up this whole thing for those who are still confused.

What we have here is an arguably ‘okay’ fix to paper zombie, with a cluster #!*@ of a nerf tacked onto it.

The whole 2x revival thing DIRECTLY breaks the “Nightsister Death Storm” and has no other useful purpose... as a matter of fact, it inadvertently breaks the whole MT zeta benefit of calling a deceased sister to assist on offense.

The Nightsisters have been my team since I started playing this game... so much so that I bought Zombie and Spirit when they came out. Raid be damned... if you guys let this “fix” stand as-is, you will have ruined this squad beyond repair. You will have to refund people’s money! All of the heat you’ll take, for what? A broken raid with terrible mechanics.

You’re breaking my DAILY arena team, just because of that poorly designed raid. You’re already fixing the raid!!! Why not put something in there to thwart this technique?! The logic makes no **** sense!!!
  • So get her to g10 and stop there? Hell just get her to g7/8 where she can survive 1 hit after being revived and there you go. Swing and a miss CG.

Should have had a party wide stacking buff that reset upon her death. Not confusing, not a nerf and it’s an insentive.
  • Also, ironically, I’m pretty sure that this change will now make it clearly superior to have a paper Initiate/Spirit in P3, so they can quickly be killed off 3 times.
    Monel wrote: »

No I think it effects the whole community hence my outrage but guilds with the hstr on farm and/or with a seven star traya are minimally effected where the ns faction can help push guilds over the edge but now they’re nothing but dead weight. That’s forum logic on this nerf though.

Nobody in my guild has a 7 star traya, a handful have her at 6. This will not prevent from easily completing this raid.
  • Martu wrote: »
    I don't think anyone wanted you to respecting their zombie investment at the expense of the team.

I only put a ton of resources into the Nightsisters because they're so strong in the Sith Raid, please respect my investment!

Now I'm saying respect my zombie like Cartman.

Nobody in my guild has a 7 star traya, a handful have her at 6. This will not prevent from easily completing this raid.

Proving my point. You have the raid on farm.

The changes are gamewide, not just in SRT, like when expose was an issue.
  • Also, ironically, I’m pretty sure that this change will now make it clearly superior to have a paper Initiate/Spirit in P3, so they can quickly be killed off 3 times.
    Yep!

Heyyyy don’t suppose you can rollback my Initiate and Spirit gear levels @CG_TopHat ?
    Because, players who’ve yet to gear them up will now have a huge advantage for a Sith P3!

This has merely shifted the problem.
    Just take out the part about undying sacrifice transferring deaths to zombie though and we’ll forget it ;-)