[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

  • I'm still waiting on some clarification on that no timeline for return comment.

    Everyone before kept saying oh don't worry, all the other events come back in 2-4 months, this will too.

    Guess what; new event and a Developer said it clear as day right there; no timeline for return.

    So is that true or was it poorly worded?

    Actually you have a valid point here. A few months back the promised a general timeline for releases and they gave us one. It was part of their effort to improve communication, which based on the complete silence to a dozen very valid questions here in this thread, tells me that they are either altering their prior commitment, or will say that this event doesn’t count because it’s some odd chimera of the other rare events. Either way their customer service once again is leaving a lot to be desired.

    I want to know if this is a one week event, and if not will it be a three month wait or a six month wait. Will there be double drops? I want the kit or a reason from them on here why there is a delay. On here. Not reddit and not through an unpaid third party.

  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    Honestly, I wasn't against CG delaying Revan or anything since this is the exact same kind of thing they did with Rey Jedi Training (same amount of farming time and whatnot). I've been hit posting (*ahem*) for a few days now

    but I was under the impression that Revan's kit was solid and everything was good to go. Given how they are in DAMAGE CONTROL, CG needs to straight up delay Revan's release until they have this character correct. This is just bad. Working overtime without testing the character is just awful. Revan sounds like a DOA (Disaster on Arrival). Buggy as hell, either unbalanced or a complete joke. They had a lot of months to dedicate his kit. Looking at Traya, Sion, Darth Nihilus I thought the kit would be a good reflection of the character, now its just a rushed up job last minute.

    They really really really really need to delay Revan until they have the time they need to do him justice. Development takes planning. Having a toon that is not a good reflection of the character itself doesn't sit right with me.

    Indeed, this makes me uneasy and it certainly doesn't sit well with me. I was also under the impression that by now I'd assume Revan's Kit has at least been thoroughly tested considering the event is next Thursday? The fact that they're still working on it now is concerning. Don't get me wrong, I want them to take their time with it, I'm not saying hurry up or anything like that. There's really no reason for anyone to be working overtime. Why not just delay for a week or how many more days they need to work on it. I just don't want him to be rushed, and certainly don't want there to be any bugs.

  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Thank you man @CG_SBCrumb !
    Sorry to ask but what about the road Ahead ?

    Have a good week end.
    It's still coming! We are trying to lock in the details for a couple of features before we announce our upcoming plans. I will hopefully have an update on this for everyone next week

    Crumb, I love you guys. I'm upset and a lot of us are upset about the Revan news. But please don't just post your bad news and hide! I'm still glad that Revan is coming to the game and even though I'm going to have to wait 4 months for your poor business choices, please tell us about the event and my favorite character in all of Star Wars! (you can watch Warior's video to see where I'm coming from: because this video is how I am. I'm not willing to spend $175, but I'd be willing to spend $60-$75 to get Revan.)
  • Want to play with Revan:
    wfs0feco5mn9.png
    or
    zaf99f4cbk3n.png
    kcjxl6x4bzpr.png

    Already have kotor but it cost me more than $5 at the time. I play through it every few years or so.
  • Why not just let your people take the weekend off an push the event back. If Revan sucks just wait to get him ready.
  • Ultra
    6789 posts Member
    i feel really bad for the devs working OT because they are adamant on releasing the character with no time to work on him
  • No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    2993 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Sounds like this is a kitten show. When they announced revan was coming, I was excited. But it just keeps getting worse with the rushed timeline, lack of information, and now apparently incomplete kit.

    Here's a hint for future events.

    1. Make sure the requirements are out long enough to have been farmable if you focused on them before making them required for a legendary. There are plenty of reasons to get distracted and still have to panic without making the event impossible if you don't drop hundreds.
    2. Make sure stuff is tested prior to announcing the event. I get the teaser and more info to come but when the event is officially announced, give the full information so people can make an informed decision. That includes the kit, gear level req, and whether there will be double or bonus drops.

    That let's people plan. It may also mean that some focused ftp players can get the new legendary ftp. But there vast majority are not focused and will still open their wallets to make up for that. At least as much as they do now.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    i feel really bad for the devs working OT because they are adamant on releasing the character with no time to work on him

    This is really my only thought on this. These guys shouldn’t need to sacrifice their personal time because we are whining about revan.
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.

    Please enlighten everyone on how you "farmed" 3 hard node toons and 2 cantina toons in less then a month. NO ONE had time to farm these toons. You either bought these toons when they where marquee, bought crystals to get these toons in shipments, or was physic and stock piled 10s of thousands crystals over several months.
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.

    By more than enough time to farm, I'm assuming you mean enough time to have pulled out your credit card. Because I have farmed t3 and mission since they dropped to cantina with 3 refreshes almost every day and am nowhere near being ready. And I get a fair amount of crystals from being in the top 10 in both arenas consistently.

    So you can not want the event postponed because you bought your way to being ready but don't insult our intelligence by claiming that everyone had plenty of time to farm them.
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.

    Do you really want a rushed Revan who's kit is still being worked and not been thoroughly tested?

    I've been farming all KOTOR characters since they've been made farmable. If I buy the packs I could get Revan next week and I'm very much open to buying them. But .... I'm not spending a cent until I see his Kit, and as huge Revan fan this news has me very worried. Are they going to have proper time to test him before next week? There's huge anticipation for this character, I really don't want them to rush this and miss up this character.

    He's probably assuming they'll eventually fix it and would rather be the only one to have him when they do. But it could also end with a kit that is mediocre. That's the risk you take when you buy sight unseen.


  • He's probably assuming they'll eventually fix it and would rather be the only one to have him when they do. But it could also end with a kit that is mediocre. That's the risk you take when you buy sight unseen.

    I really hope Revan is not going to be some novelty character. I know it's a fine balacing act especially with the current Meta. And there's still a lot of people who don't have Traya. But if you're doing a Hero's like Journey for him he should shake up the meta in my opinion. At the end of the day, I really hope CG take their time with this character. I'm really worried about a rush job.
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.

    Please enlighten everyone on how you "farmed" 3 hard node toons and 2 cantina toons in less then a month. NO ONE had time to farm these toons. You either bought these toons when they where marquee, bought crystals to get these toons in shipments, or was physic and stock piled 10s of thousands crystals over several months.

    These toons have been farmable for more than a month, if your drop rate bites that's one thing but dont claim you couldn't farm them.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Its such a double edged sword they got themselves into, if the kits too good people who just got Traya after much blood sweat and tears will be annoyed that their investment into the games hardest raid (with lower tiers overtuned to the point of bigger then 50% health reductions) is now mute as instead of spending any time working on HSTR teams, they should have just invested everything into the five Kotor tagged characters...

    And if the kit not good, then all these people spending up to like a thousand dollars will want their money back, they really should have kit revealed before buyable packs came into play. Atm they are doing everything they can to get as much backlash as possible and its weird.

    If people knew the kit before you could spend for the kit, then it would have been much better for them. And you have to start spending now too cause really most of these things are saying up to 50k crystals if you started farming "now" not when the kit reveal came out, which means anyone waiting will have to spend much more in order to get him.. if he's too good to pass up, a new hero that's meta defining...

    hahaha man, this chaos is great, even the crazy white knights who literally just post complaining about complainers are joining in all over. They complain more then anyone here as they complain about people complaining. Best way to defend bad business choices I guess is instead to target people giving feedback and make the actual players feel bad xD.

    Traya has been around more than long enough for a new character to step in. Jedi Training Rey didn't even get half as long as she has had.
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.

    Please enlighten everyone on how you "farmed" 3 hard node toons and 2 cantina toons in less then a month. NO ONE had time to farm these toons. You either bought these toons when they where marquee, bought crystals to get these toons in shipments, or was physic and stock piled 10s of thousands crystals over several months.

    These toons have been farmable for more than a month, if your drop rate bites that's one thing but dont claim you couldn't farm them.

    Bastila and bindo went farmable september 12. The other 3 went farmable september 26. What month do you think this is? They were buyable before than but farmable they were not.
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.

    Please enlighten everyone on how you "farmed" 3 hard node toons and 2 cantina toons in less then a month. NO ONE had time to farm these toons. You either bought these toons when they where marquee, bought crystals to get these toons in shipments, or was physic and stock piled 10s of thousands crystals over several months.

    These toons have been farmable for more than a month, if your drop rate bites that's one thing but dont claim you couldn't farm them.

    Some of them have. I have bastilla at almost 7 stars. But mission and t3 are the bottleneck and haven't been farmable long enough to have to 7 star by the event without dropping cash.
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.

    By more than enough time to farm, I'm assuming you mean enough time to have pulled out your credit card. Because I have farmed t3 and mission since they dropped to cantina with 3 refreshes almost every day and am nowhere near being ready. And I get a fair amount of crystals from being in the top 10 in both arenas consistently.

    So you can not want the event postponed because you bought your way to being ready but don't insult our intelligence by claiming that everyone had plenty of time to farm them.

    The point of f2p or spending is irrelevant. We all had the opportunity to get them. Whales can only gain advantage so much in this game and f2p can only gain so much advantage in this game. If you do not support this game in anyway other than sucking resources. You should not have access to everything. That goes for me also, because I wont get revan this go, but I had the chance as everyone else did, stop blaming whales and devs for your decisions and lack of financing for your leisure activities. Nobody complained chewbacca was a F2P. #blametheworldificantgetafreeride
  • Maybe they only wanted revan accessible the first time to players who bought shards during marquee events or willing to buy him as an exclusive toon the first time around not saying its a good idea but could have been there goal
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.

    By more than enough time to farm, I'm assuming you mean enough time to have pulled out your credit card. Because I have farmed t3 and mission since they dropped to cantina with 3 refreshes almost every day and am nowhere near being ready. And I get a fair amount of crystals from being in the top 10 in both arenas consistently.

    So you can not want the event postponed because you bought your way to being ready but don't insult our intelligence by claiming that everyone had plenty of time to farm them.

    The point of f2p or spending is irrelevant. We all had the opportunity to get them. Whales can only gain advantage so much in this game and f2p can only gain so much advantage in this game. If you do not support this game in anyway other than sucking resources. You should not have access to everything. That goes for me also, because I wont get revan this go, but I had the chance as everyone else did, stop blaming whales and devs for your decisions and lack of financing for your leisure activities. Nobody complained chewbacca was a F2P. #blametheworldificantgetafreeride

    You just contradicted you own point lol. You said these toons were farmable, but by your own admission you won't get revan because you didn't pay $. I don't think you understand the difference between farmable and buyable.
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    No don't delay anything everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants that sacrificed summer should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers played. Everyone knew revan would come, we all had equal opportunity to farm all the needed toons. So that whole it isnt fair and only whales can get required toons is a poor excuse for choosing to farm other than Old republic. Too bad suck it up, next round boys.

    By more than enough time to farm, I'm assuming you mean enough time to have pulled out your credit card. Because I have farmed t3 and mission since they dropped to cantina with 3 refreshes almost every day and am nowhere near being ready. And I get a fair amount of crystals from being in the top 10 in both arenas consistently.

    So you can not want the event postponed because you bought your way to being ready but don't insult our intelligence by claiming that everyone had plenty of time to farm them.

    The point of f2p or spending is irrelevant. We all had the opportunity to get them. Whales can only gain advantage so much in this game and f2p can only gain so much advantage in this game. If you do not support this game in anyway other than sucking resources. You should not have access to everything. That goes for me also, because I wont get revan this go, but I had the chance as everyone else did, stop blaming whales and devs for your decisions and lack of financing for your leisure activities. Nobody complained chewbacca was a F2P. #blametheworldificantgetafreeride

    You just contradicted you own point lol. You said these toons were farmable, but by your own admission you won't get revan because you didn't pay $. I don't think you understand the difference between farmable and buyable.

    Exactly. No one is arguing that the OR toons aren't buyable. But when you claim they were farmable that is just a lie.
  • What's with the personal attacks on Crumb? That's completely uncalled for. The road ahead coming out next week is not an issue to get your knickers in a twist over.

    Many people (myself included) aren't livid with CG over this. P2P has always had an advantage over F2P in the form of easier unlocks, and that's the way it should be! If there were no P2P advantage there'd be no P2P. This game is also designed such that you won't miss out on whole swathes of content just for lacking a single character.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • ShaggyB
    1751 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I know everyone is clamoring for more info on Revan so here a few quick updates for everyone on the Ancient Journey for Jedi Knight Revan:
    • Difficulty/Gear Req - This Ancient Journey is balanced to be in line with Hero's Journey events. We design these events so players can experience the story without needing to bring your characters to G11 or G12. This will not have the difficulty of the Original Trilogy Chewbacca event
      Requirements & Recommendations:
      6fx4xoxw65y3.png
    • Will this event return? - Of course, all our Legendary, Hero's Journey, and now Ancient Journey, events will return in the future. We don't have a timeline for when this event will return but rest assured you will have another chance to get Jedi Knight Revan. As CapGasp mentioned, this event will have some awesome rewards at each tier so it's worth trying to complete some of the event even if you can't finish the whole thing.
    • Revan Kit - Last but not least, we will be revealing the final details of Jedi Knight Revan's kit prior to the start of the event next week

    Thanks. That makes me feel better about the grind.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Poor show, JiggyMoose. Not cool making personal attacks.
    Crumb is doing a great job managing this community, kudos to him.
  • Pasta
    154 posts Member
    Guys as with almost all situations in life, money gives you more, since p2w are the ones that invest more in the game that means they should be able to get advantage from their investments.
    On the other side CG didn’t block access to Revan to p2p, they simply put it very very hard to get to p2p.
    I’m going to get Revan without spending 1 €, this is a game and I gambled! when bastila was release in July and all those notes about an “Ancient shipyard designed to create the most power fleet ever seen...” they were talking about the Starforge, there Darth Malak was defeated by revan, bastila was present too...my guess was that they were preparing for one of them so from that point on I decided to save arena crystals and started farming kotor chars as soon as they were Released. I made a bet and it paid off, options were made in order to gather so many cristals, in the end I’m a happy gambler :)
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/427185969230381056/466883141567512576/p0rov7zurf911.png
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/ea/StarForgeSucksGas-KOTOR1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20050611215331

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/406764402524553227/467268725452701724/SF.jpg
    Seems to be the starforge here in the events for unlocking bastila, not sure

Sign In or Register to comment.