Content Update 10/17/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Ohh, a DS node. I was just running out of DS farms. *Looks at Bossk, Nihilus, Zombie, Wicket, JKA, Holdo, Visas, Jolee, Bastila, Vandor and Range.* :'(
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    nothing about missing TB rewards???
    They classified it as a known issue half an hour ago

• Options
    Look I'm Reddit famous!

Let's recap the update tonight.

1. New toon released on another hardnode...
    2. On darksode no less
    3. Ally points removed as reward for all none energy missions because "we have too many for devs to come up with anything for us to spend them on".

But the good news is you can spend a few hundred bucks to unlock Revan! I mean wow. I can't think of a better way to smooth over things with a mostly P.O.ed community than reduce Ally points and push yet another character into a hard node.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    nothing about missing TB rewards???
    They classified it as a known issue half an hour ago

They did so aswell last week.
  • Options
    Also, answer every question that's being asked instead of only the ones that you want to answer. Also, why is it that lolreddit always gets the scoop when it comes to responses vs the official forums??
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I don't mean to seem jaded or ungrateful... But there was a post in which you had said the rewards in the Revan event were going to be very impressive e (not exact quote, but that sentiment) and based on the listed rewards... They are fairly underwhelming. Just some mid- tier gear salvage.

Is that a change made to the event, or a mistake in the event rewards listed? Or are these rewards considered to be impressive?
    There is a bug in the client causing it to only show the rewards for the first tier of the event. There's a lot more then what you see during the preview phase.

Thanks for putting that fire out quickly. I was about to post on that very issue.
    While you’re still on the forums can you tell us why you and the team refuse to add characters to anything other than hard nodes and cantina farms? I mean that was the biggest issue with the Revan panic farm. Without a couple hundred bucks, impossible to farm in enough time...kinda messed up. No sorry, EXTREMELY messed up
  • Options
    Is that a change made to the event, or a mistake in the event rewards listed? Or are these rewards considered to be impressive?

CG has a different definition of ‘impressive’ than we do. What a surprise.

See "significant make-good" for details...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Since there is a few more marquee to be released for farming, can we expect some sort of shop rearrengement after that? I mean i understand priorotizing farm but single hard nodes even with refreshes take months so it would be nice to get some extra shards to them like you did with the NS zombie for example. Best case scenario would be an overhaul of the basic shops so they would include a bit more useful toons, or maybe a 9th set of cantina nodes.

Money > what the non-whales need and want.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

CG has a different definition of ‘impressive’ than we do. What a surprise.

See "significant make-good" for details...

While the "significant makegood" is justifiably derided, this "impressive" rewards is not. The client doesn't display what you get past the first tier (this is straight from Capgasp) and the Rancor, HAAT and Omegas/Zetas are there to be earned.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    I’m kinda upset about Embo’s farming location, you couldn’t at least give him a fleet node in addition to the hard node like you did with the OR toons. Oh and it’s a dark side node. :'(
    I’m expecting Aurra and Jango to get hard nodes too.

DS hard nodes.. right?

Of course.
  • Options
    Might as well think of all new characters as p2p at this point with the number of hard node farms.
  • Options
    Slow news day when ally coin removal is newsworthy. Lol
  • Options
    Think maybe sim tickets can also get looked at with Ally points. I have 25k+ and earn them much faster than I can use them...
  • Options
    Noticed that the TB Bug where it greys out the join button and confuses everyone in the guild was not noted as fixed, nor listed as a known issue... Any status on that?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Think maybe sim tickets can also get looked at with Ally points. I have 25k+ and earn them much faster than I can use them...

Just get rid of them. Solved.

I dont want to do galactic battles everyday again or have to spend crystals on buying sim tickets again. Please dont as to make things more of a grind,we have enough bottle necks.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    [*] UNIT - Fixed an issue where the Grand Master Yoda would grant Offense Up to his allies if he has Pain effect from the Sith Raid.

Does that mean with cycles of pain Yoda won't share Offense up or am i reading that wrong?
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Ally points is the main source for obtaining character shards to feed the shard shop (and get much needed gear) for many of us. Just removing ways to get ally points does not solve that there are few places to spend them, it just makes it even harder to gear the ton of new toons you have flooded us with.

If you want to “do more” with ally points and include more ways to spend them thats great, I’m all for it. Removing ways to obtain them has nothing to do with this.
    Post edited by Stokat on
  • Options
    So will Visas Marr be getting the old republic tag? After all she was both Jedi and sith in this time frame just like revan......
  • Options
    So will Visas Marr be getting the old republic tag? After all she was both Jedi and sith in this time frame just like revan......

Nope, because most already have her at 7* at this point.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, shouldn't the update/change/advantage with Ally points happen at the same time as a nerf to how many we get? Seems weird right now - all new players will forever get less ally points and have currently gained nothing. I'm constantly at 0 Ally points cause I actually do spend all of them for shard shop currency and the rare drop of a character, Ally points are what gave me my first 2 seven stars.

Getting less of them for no reason other then "in the future things will be better" Seems a little on the excuse side until things do get better. Hopefully that doesn't take as long as it took to get the sith raid fixed.

And another hard node DS farm for another character that many won't see seven star for months, fun.

There's a new ship? Where'd that come from :p But hey, at least we have Revan to look forward to, well, the rewards for the first three tiers.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Another hard node farm - bad.
    Ally point changes - interesting. Hopefully we will get more uses for them eventually. Cautious optimism here.
    Revan event - great, even for a peasant like me. Thanks for the gear!
  • Options
    I'm 2.6m GP and certainly do not have so much Raid gear sitting around that I'm not grateful for the rewards on offer here. So well done CG (from me at least), and congrats on the location artwork - it took me right back to KoTOR!

Now if only I could see more than the first 2 levels...my bad, but I'll be ready for the next time around
  • Options
    I really don't get, how the "removing Ally Point rewards for all Events and Challenges" is connected to "We want to do more with Ally Points, like additional items in Weekly Shipments"...

This just increases the bottleneck for gear, as less shards for the shard shop are earned.

Furthermore, when at some point more stuff is coming for the Ally Points, will the pricing be again like 50k for 2 Omegas? The 2 Omegas are not worth it, if I can get them in 2 days. Same goes for the reinforcement matts. 60k for 10, which can be earned in at least a week. I am convinced, that nobody will use new offerings, if you make Ally Points with the update rarer. With 50k I have at least guaranteed shard shop currency for rare gear...
  • Options
    My 158k ally points will just sit and wait to be spent.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    My 158k ally points will just sit and wait to be spent.

That's cute. Hope that my 1.19M will find some use eventually...
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Just get rid of them. Solved.

It's true. All of it.

But seriously, once it's 3* you should be able to just sim them. The tickets are pointless. You still use energy, so what do they care?