Hermit Luke Skywalker kit idea

Ichiraikou
758 posts Member
edited January 2019
Hermit Luke Skywalker
Light Side, Jedi, Tank
Powerful Tank that disrupts the flow of battle by manipulating Cooldowns and redirecting enemy attacks.

Skilled Strike (Basic)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. On a Critical Hit, Reduce Luke’s Cooldowns by 1. This attack has +10% Critical Chance for each active Resistance and Jedi ally.

Force Projection (Special) (Cooldown: 7 turns)
Luke removes all Status Effects from himself (except Secret Intel, if present) and gains the Force Projection unique buff until the start of his next turn.
Force Projection: All enemies are forced to target this unit. This unit has -65% Speed (doesn’t stack), can't attack out of turn and is immune to Turn Meter Manipulation, Damage and Status Effects (except Secret Intel). Can’t be Prevented or Dispelled.

‘I Will Not Be The Last Jedi’ (Special) (Cooldown: 7 turns)
Dispel all debuffs on all allies and equalize their Current Health Percentages. Then, all other allies recover 12,5% Health and Protection (Doubled for Jedi and Resistance).
(Zeta) If Rey (Jedi Training) is present, she gains an immediate bonus turn. At the start of this bonus turn she reduces her Cooldowns by 1 and gains Critical Damage Up and Offence Up until the next time she is damaged. These effects can’t be Prevented.

Comforting Presence (Unique)
While Luke has Force Projection all other allies gain Defence equal to Luke’s Defence, Tenacity equal to Luke’s Tenacity and 5% Turn Meter whenever Luke is attacked. When Force Projection Expires, Luke loses 35% Health and half of his Defence and Tenacity until the start of his next turn.

Old Jedi Master (Unique)
Luke is immune to Armor Shred, Defence Down and Tenacity Down. In addition, he has +50% Defence and Tenacity. At the start of battle, if Rey (Jedi Training) is in the leader slot and not in the ally slot, Luke gains the Resistance tag until the end of battle.
(Zeta) Whenever Luke has his Cooldowns reduced, he reduces the Cooldowns of a random other Resistance or Jedi ally by 1.
Post edited by Ichiraikou on

Replies

• Options
    Decided to call him "Hermit Luke Skywalker". I like that name more than "Luke Skywalker (ep VIII)".
  • Options
    I like the main idea, just think it needs a bit of tuning. Like below:

1) Comforting Presence (Unique) Since Luke is the only one being hit there is no point for extra defense and tenacity, unless it is Luke that gains those effects. The 5% Turn Meter is nice, but i think the addition of offensive buffs would be more of help. Also, i feel like Luke should die after when he loses the projection and let JTR gain 100 Turn meter, +30 Speed, 30% Crit Damage and Critical Chance till the end of the battle.

2) I Will Not Be The Last Jedi’ (Special) I like the zeta here, but anything before that is pretty weak and similar to Jolee. Also no reason for the cooldown to be at 7 turns. Maybe add some buff or also remove all buffs on all enemies.

3) Again, why 7 turns cooldown on force projection and why -65% Speed?? So it can last longer?? How long does the force projection last? One turn?
  • Options
    I like the main idea, just think it needs a bit of tuning. Like below:

1) Comforting Presence (Unique) Since Luke is the only one being hit there is no point for extra defense and tenacity, unless it is Luke that gains those effects. The 5% Turn Meter is nice, but i think the addition of offensive buffs would be more of help. Also, i feel like Luke should die after when he loses the projection and let JTR gain 100 Turn meter, +30 Speed, 30% Crit Damage and Critical Chance till the end of the battle.

2) I Will Not Be The Last Jedi’ (Special) I like the zeta here, but anything before that is pretty weak and similar to Jolee. Also no reason for the cooldown to be at 7 turns. Maybe add some buff or also remove all buffs on all enemies.

3) Again, why 7 turns cooldown on force projection and why -65% Speed?? So it can last longer?? How long does the force projection last? One turn?

Thanks for your reply. Thou I think you havent fully gotten everything in the kit. That is the impression I get from your reply. I'll gladly clarify things.

Lets start with Force Projection. As this ability clearly states, and I quote, "Luke removes all Status Effects from himself and gains the Force Projection unique buff until the start of his next turn". So yes. the buff only lasts for 1 turn, technically even less than that. Furthermore the buff itself makes luke immune to damage and status effects (those being both buffs and debuffs). His defence and tenacity are practically useless while he has this buff, thou absolutely necessary while he hasn't. The speed reduction is indeed to make it last longer, but also to slow Luke down a bit. I'll come back to that later.

Following on this force projection is essentially a taunt. There are charaters in this game that can ignore taunts (like bobba fett, Commander luke and revan). Furthermore there are also ability's that target multiple units on your team, if not all. This is where Comforting Presence comes in. While Luke is taunting this ability ensures that your team is fully protected.

I designed Hermit Luke to be under Rey (jedi training)'s lead and also made him work well under Revan's lead. these leads give critical chance and damage increases to their team. With the critical damage and exposes of rey and the offence, speed and bonus damage from Revan, I truly believe that offence boosts are really overkill. These teams already have more than enough damage. Luke in the film also protected the resistance, allowing them to escape and survive (survive being the important one here). I wanted to capture that in his kit.

Next is ‘I Will Not Be The Last Jedi’ (Special). This ability really isn't under-powered, percentage health equalize is a really powerful healing tool. It equalizes all allies health, which ignores healing immunity. This is highly effective against focus fire. On top of that, The resistance really don't have much healing. I believe the only character with a heal is holdo, and that is a single target heal. This healing in the resistance is thus quite an upgrade. True Jedi already have a lot of healing, including Health equalization (thou not Jolee). But he was mainly designed for resistance.

Finally his cooldowns. I chose 7 precisely because of his basic and Rey (jedi trainig)'s lead. Under Rey he reduces his cooldowns when he uses a special ability. which can already bring his cooldowns down to 5. On to of that his basic reduces his cooldowns on a critical hit (which, again Rey and revan leaderhip increase). All this considered both his cooldowns in practice will be 3 to 4 turns. Since his cooldowns will be reduced quite a lot.
    This is also why the zeta on his ability Old Jedi Master is quite a powerful one. As for jedi, well, they pretty much focus on out of turn attacks. So his basic will decrease his cooldowns quite a lot there as well. This is also why I slow him down a bit. Having that buff multiple turns will just give you the opportunity to reduce his cooldowns a lot while he is taunting, making it possible to chain multiple force projections in a row. I wanted to prevent this, or at least make it very challenging.

Hope this helped clarify some things. I'll admit that for ‘I Will Not Be The Last Jedi’ I was doubting between 6 and 7 turns, but eventually decided that 6 was just simply to fast. He would at best be able to use it every other turn (2 cooldowns from Rey lead and about 2 basic strikes). That is too fast. I also really don't like the idea of him dying after using force projection. I see that idea everywhere and I really don't want it. some damage is fine but taking him out of the fight is just useless. It instantly makes the character one of the weakest in the game, regardless of his kit. I wanted to do something else with his kit, so I wont add that.
    Other than that if you still have some suggestions for my kit I would love to hear them. Hope this has answered all of your questions.

(man Have I been typing for long)

• FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Love this kit but I think the cooldown reduction could end up being game breaking. Re the cooldowns:

If I run him with revan, Jolee, Bastila and GMY then there are 3 characters which can call assists, plus the 'Strategic advantage' which revan gives for another assist. It would be quite possible to use this to ensure nobody ever has an ability off cooldown. Revan would be constantly using direct Focus, you'd be literally unstoppable. I think you'd have to make it so that luke can't attack while he has force projection.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Love this kit but I think the cooldown reduction could end up being game breaking. Re the cooldowns:

If I run him with revan, Jolee, Bastila and GMY then there are 3 characters which can call assists, plus the 'Strategic advantage' which revan gives for another assist. It would be quite possible to use this to ensure nobody ever has an ability off cooldown. Revan would be constantly using direct Focus, you'd be literally unstoppable. I think you'd have to make it so that luke can't attack while he has force projection.

That is actually a really good point. I have added "can't attack out of turn" to the effects of force projection.
    Tnx for the feedback.
  • Options
    Wow. This really is an excellent kit, maybe the best fan-made kit I've ever seen on these forums. So kudos for that, I will definitely be looking at any kits you come up with from here on out.

My only thing about this kit, (which is excellent,) is the ability Comforting Presence.

It is an excellent ability. However, I think losing 33% health was very clever, but not enough. While he has his force projection taunt, he cannot be damaged. Thus as soon as it ends, he will still have full protection and 66% health. As a tank, that protection and health will already be very high. Not to mention, he can just equalize his health right back up to 100%, essentially making him invulnerable. (and if hermit Yoda is on the team, his health will/could be equalized even faster.)

I think the best thing to do to help balance this, would be this:
    While Luke has Force Projection all other allies gain Defence equal to Luke’s Defence, Tenacity equal to Luke’s Tenacity and 5% Turn Meter whenever Luke is attacked. When Force Projection Expires, Luke loses 40% health, and gains defense and tenacity down until the beginning of his next turn, and cannot be dispelled or prevented.

I think that is fair, and not too punishing. It also makes sense with his kit, since he gains defense and tenacity, it won't be too punishing, but just enough so that he isn't invulnerable. Let me know what you think.
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Wow. This really is an excellent kit, maybe the best fan-made kit I've ever seen on these forums. So kudos for that, I will definitely be looking at any kits you come up with from here on out.

My only thing about this kit, (which is excellent,) is the ability Comforting Presence.

It is an excellent ability. However, I think losing 33% health was very clever, but not enough. While he has his force projection taunt, he cannot be damaged. Thus as soon as it ends, he will still have full protection and 66% health. As a tank, that protection and health will already be very high. Not to mention, he can just equalize his health right back up to 100%, essentially making him invulnerable. (and if hermit Yoda is on the team, his health will/could be equalized even faster.)

I think the best thing to do to help balance this, would be this:
    While Luke has Force Projection all other allies gain Defence equal to Luke’s Defence, Tenacity equal to Luke’s Tenacity and 5% Turn Meter whenever Luke is attacked. When Force Projection Expires, Luke loses 40% health, and gains defense and tenacity down until the beginning of his next turn, and cannot be dispelled or prevented.

I think that is fair, and not too punishing. It also makes sense with his kit, since he gains defense and tenacity, it won't be too punishing, but just enough so that he isn't invulnerable. Let me know what you think.

Why thank you. Glad you like it.
    I think you've got a pretty good point there with Comforting Presence. However, I think you are going about it the wrong way. JTR's leadership has the cooldown decrease if they aren't debuffed and on of her uniques grants her 8% turn meter whenever an ally is debuffed. Not to mention that some enemies also gain bonusses from debuffs (Palpatine leadership for example). Bottom line: there are a lot of unforeseen consequences to making those debuffs.
    Instead I think it should be a direct effect on his stats, Like how Treya leadership drops enemy offence.
    I've chanced it into this: When Force Projection Expires, Luke loses 33% Health and half of his Defence and Tenacity until the start of his next turn.
    I've kept it at 33%, since he can still be debuffed with defence and Tenacity down, causing the effects to stack. Maybe I'll chance it later. I just need to think about what percentage would be fair.

I've been doing rework and kit idea's for a while now. Some I think you should see are my kit idea of Padmé Amidala and my reworks of Ahsoka Tano, Jedi Knight Anakin and General Kenobi. Other than that Luminara Unduli, Poe Dameron and Finn, Admira Ackbar and Mace Windu and Endurance are also ones I would love to hear some opinions on. Take a look, if you're interested. They shouldn't be too hard to find, since I went to the trouble of turning all the names into links.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on
  • Options
    Sounds great, that looks good. I surely will take a look over the next few days.
  • Options
    Amazing job. Just wondering, why shock immunity in the unique. It's good, just wondering why it's there. Also, thought the cooldowns were a bit long, but saw that the basic reduces cooldowns. Still though, maybe force projection could have a cooldown of 6, or 4 if it started on cooldown.
  • Options
    Amazing job. Just wondering, why shock immunity in the unique. It's good, just wondering why it's there. Also, thought the cooldowns were a bit long, but saw that the basic reduces cooldowns. Still though, maybe force projection could have a cooldown of 6, or 4 if it started on cooldown.

The shock immunity is a bit of a callback to his fight against the emperor back in his glory days. Just a little extra.
    For his cooldowns you need to remember, Jedi call lots of assists and Rey (jedi training)'s leadership reduces cooldown when an ally uses a special ability. Due to these facts he will most of the time be using these ability's every 3 turns or so (cooldowns of 3-4). So I dont think reducing his cooldowns is such a good idea.
  • Options
    I've changed the "Old Jedi Master" unique a bit. Replaced the Shock immunity with Defence and Tenacity down Immunity.
    The reason I did this is because I realized that they could be much more devastating than intended. For example, When Luke would have Plague on him, he can't remove Defence Down and Tenacity Down with Force Projection. That would in turn cause problems with Comforting Presence. Also, Tenacity Down makes the Loss of Half his tenacity pointless and Defense Down would also stack with the loss of half his defence. Which would be a bit too much.
  • Options
    I think that makes a lot more sense. Great changes. You think of all the little things
  • Options
    Another chance. Added Armour Shred immunity, since I remembered that one existed as well. Also, I made him to be synergise with Rey (Jedi Training). Rey (Jedi Training) has a synergy with BB-8, more specifically with Secret Intel. I realized that that could cause some trouble with Force Projection and the cooldown of illuminated destiny. So I made it that force projection allows Secret Intel and only Secret Intel.