Double Droprates? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    exel2000 wrote: »
    I have literally never seen any benefit from double drops and I’m a long term player. Just did 15 battles for droid callers and got zero. I have NEVER received more than 4 shards no matter how many battles I sim during double drop events. I am reaching a point where I am going to assume my account is bugged? I don’t know what else to think? It’s ridiculous and rage quittingly frustrating. The amount of frustration involved with this game is starting to outweigh the fun. How about an event where you increase the drop rate odds, you know something actually useful?

Seriously. I thought it was common knowledge that you NEVER use more than 4 Sim cards at a time.Common method, alternate 2 than 3 or 3 than 4 and repeat. You will most of the time get great results. But 15 SIMS!? You cray cray!
  • Options
    Walkernay wrote: »
    I have literally never seen any benefit from double drops and I’m a long term player. Just did 15 battles for droid callers and got zero. I have NEVER received more than 4 shards no matter how many battles I sim during double drop events. I am reaching a point where I am going to assume my account is bugged? I don’t know what else to think? It’s ridiculous and rage quittingly frustrating. The amount of frustration involved with this game is starting to outweigh the fun. How about an event where you increase the drop rate odds, you know something actually useful?

Seriously. I thought it was common knowledge that you NEVER use more than 4 Sim cards at a time.Common method, alternate 2 than 3 or 3 than 4 and repeat. You will most of the time get great results. But 15 SIMS!? You cray cray!

Nope. I usually max at 10-12 sims but it really makes no difference, so whatever floats your boat.
  • Options
    I just sim the max available. Noticed no difference.
  • Options
    i5snuqtrbcf2.png
    Not bad
  • Options

lmao
    I just sim the whole energy available. What you said doesn't make sense.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options
    Awaken Jobu...

raz3lbgu4kha.jpeg
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

lmao

How does it not make sense? Each sim you do have a different value as to what drops, when you do a max 20 sim you have one value you roll against. IE, a low roll means 20 sims gives not much, a high roll means 20 sims gives a good amount and an average roll gives out average.

To get the most of your nrg you want as many rolls as possible, so 3-4 sims at a time guarantees more roll chances of striking it lucky - ie - you get more shards over time as you have a higher chance of rolling high, instead of basing your entire sim on luck.
  • Options
    Actually by your logic, simming one at a time would produce the most actual rolls...
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

lmao

How does it not make sense? Each sim you do have a different value as to what drops, when you do a max 20 sim you have one value you roll against. IE, a low roll means 20 sims gives not much, a high roll means 20 sims gives a good amount and an average roll gives out average.

To get the most of your nrg you want as many rolls as possible, so 3-4 sims at a time guarantees more roll chances of striking it lucky - ie - you get more shards over time as you have a higher chance of rolling high, instead of basing your entire sim on luck.

This is not how it works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

lmao

So don't you agree that in the long run with, as you said, "high rolls" and "low rolls" you'll be at the same drop rate as if you sim 2, 3 or 4 at a time?
  • Options
    I did great in Cantina...30 Vet Chewie shards. Light/Dark side nodes have been awful though. I got 2 Zaalbar and 2 Jolee shards in 16 attempts.
  • Options
    It’s not double drop RATES. It’s double DROPS.

Double rewards for the same odds.

I had 34 Mission shards over 3 refreshes. My guildmate had 6 shards over the same refreshes. RNG happens.
  • Options
    jurian wrote: »
    @VikCentari55 13 battles and 0 drops.... :o

which hero where you farming there?

The hero known as stun gun ;)

thats brutal man...2 drops out of 13 sims, looks like 1 april joke

Yeah, is what it is. I really didn’t expect much more.

U should go for nodes that have a higher chance of dropping something. Basic maths tells u that 2*0 is still 0. So for example, cantina farms at 8 energy have a far better chance of benefiting u than cantina nodes at 16 energy, but u can take a gamble. Even worse are rare gear farms with droprates below 33% (e.g. stunguns). Instead, go for the stuff like green holo projectors and other low gear stuff that are in ridiculously high demand. That way u pull the best result from double drops.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol this thread every time.

Nobody quite knows how double drops work. 2*0 is still 0, but they try to be greedy, gamble on low droprate gear nodes then come here to complain.

Sure, these gambles can turn out well, but if it doesnt well its a gamble.
  • Options

lmao

Yet people will continue to convince themselves they've found some magic system to beat the odds. Lol, to each their own I suppose.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

lmao

Yet people will continue to convince themselves they've found some magic system to beat the odds. Lol, to each their own I suppose.

I do 2 sims at a time and it genuinely *feels* like I do better in terms of RNG. I’m aware of how the sim roll works, and I’m aware that it’s most likely definitely confirmation bias on my part. But I feel better about 2 at a time than 15. Makes it easier on my mental status when I see low numbers lol
  • Options

It doesn't matter if you roll one dice 20 times or 20 dice one time. The probabilities are the same.

• Options

lmao

As I stated above, me and my fellow maths teachers need to raise our game when we teach statistics if people genuinely believe this sort of stuff.
  • Options

That's not how RNG works. Each Sim is essentially rolling a random number (hence the "Random Number" in Random Number Generation) and using that number to decide which reward you are assigned. For example, if I have a jar full of random colored marbles and I grab a handful out all at once, I have the same probability of getting all the same colored marbles as if I had picked the marbles out one at a time. It doesn't matter if you make the game pick the numbers all at once or one at a time, the odds don't change
  • Options
    2 times 0 is 0. That's the secret of double drops.
  • Options
    In any case... We have players are having good luck (good rng) and good drops and players who dont.

As for me i didnt experience any good drops so far, and the difference in drops between players is massively

Guildmate: 20x sims 20x qi'ra shards

Me: 18 sims 4x Mission shards.

Offcourse this gives me the feeling of getting screwed here... Its human.
  • Options
    In any case... We have players are having good luck (good rng) and good drops and players who dont.

As for me i didnt experience any good drops so far, and the difference in drops between players is massively

Guildmate: 20x sims 20x qi'ra shards

Me: 18 sims 4x Mission shards.

Offcourse this gives me the feeling of getting screwed here... Its human.

When you say you have the "feeling" of getting screwed and that it's human nature, it seems you realize that your whining is nonsense. Then invalidate your first post "But really, is this some sort joke or scam or does the double drops still has to be activated on my account?". Try be more polite, because you know, it's human.
  • Options
    7g1mhv3ipa4z.jpeg

Just had great RNG. Best drop I’ve gotten today.
  • Options
    si5nz4tfjsje.png
    Hopefully this works.

• Options
    My mission went from 30+/85 to 28/100 over the double drop period (3 refreshes a day) so im having fairly decent drop rates here. That's not counting the next 24h of cantina energy, which may be another 4 shards or so hopefully. Overall at least 80 earned over the double drop period.
  • Options
    Jayngo wrote: »
    Yep, I call scam. I've spent a TON of energy and crystals and received TWO Hounds Tooth shards, 4 Bastilla shards and ZERO Mission shards.

Also, their weekly store "Anniversary Items" are a joke. Qui-Gon and Darth Maul? Really?

As someone who's been playing for all three years, this has been most disappointing.

Disappointing? You got a free zeta, a bunch of great gear, and shards for all the raid characters.... how is that disappointing?

Farms are all RNG. double zero is still zero. Mine have been pretty normal, a bunch one day and not very much the next. It all averages out. You just hope your RNG goes good more than not during events like this.
  • Options
    031ox5ukzqyr.jpg
  • Options
    kzojikhes7rc.jpg
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    That’s the same kind of pulls I’m getting also (0-2). I actually got more shards (average 3) without the double drops. Please get rid of this double drops so I can get my average 3 again, thank you

Same here unfortunately. Please end this fast, I'm wasting all my crystals on nothing, in the hope that this is not your plan for this.