"No Defenses Set" in Grand Arena [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Did anyone else remember reading that if you didn’t set defense it would auto deploy?

It will only auto deploy if you have ever set a team on defense BEFORE.

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did anyone else remember reading that if you didn’t set defense it would auto deploy?
    That was only between rounds. So if you set defense on round 1 it would auto set defense in round 2 if you manually didn't

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

It will only auto deploy if you have ever set a team on defense BEFORE.

Ok thanks since this was the first they had no default squads
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Join, set nothing, get rewards = free stuff for doing absolutely nothing.

This is the problem of giving stuff to people who lose. I remember when Warhammer online started rewarding gear to the defenders of the city, it ruined that entire aspect of the game cause why would you defend the territories when you could lose on purpose to get better gear?

These people who put nothing on defence would only try to win if they only got stuff for winning, the fact is that this entire thing gives out participation rewards to everyone, and because of this you can completely ignore that it exists.

Only this time even the people who ignore it get winning rewards.

Edit: Think about the actual Territory War in this game. Winning means more zeta's for your entire guild, there is actual incentive to win. Winning in this one gives slicing mats that no-one cares about and some droid callers that are not used by most of the characters in the game - hopefully the rewards for winning actually do outweigh the rewards for showing up later on.

I doubt most people who posted no defense care at all about some slicing mats. I think it was because they dont care for the game mode.

Then they shouldn't have joined. And they shouldn't ruin the experience for the other players.

That reeks of self-entitlement. There’s rewards for joining and doing nothing, so clearly less active people will join. And if they don’t set defenses, you automatically win the round and get better rewards. Nobody cares about your experience because no one owes you anything.

If anything to deal with this problem, they should just eliminate the $100k reward per squad defeated feature and move it all to the round rewards. Either that or give $100k to the attacker automatically for each defense that wasnt set.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

This is the problem of giving stuff to people who lose. I remember when Warhammer online started rewarding gear to the defenders of the city, it ruined that entire aspect of the game cause why would you defend the territories when you could lose on purpose to get better gear?

These people who put nothing on defence would only try to win if they only got stuff for winning, the fact is that this entire thing gives out participation rewards to everyone, and because of this you can completely ignore that it exists.

Edit: Think about the actual Territory War in this game. Winning means more zeta's for your entire guild, there is actual incentive to win. Winning in this one gives slicing mats that no-one cares about and some droid callers that are not used by most of the characters in the game - hopefully the rewards for winning actually do outweigh the rewards for showing up later on.

I doubt most people who posted no defense care at all about some slicing mats. I think it was because they dont care for the game mode.

Then they shouldn't have joined. And they shouldn't ruin the experience for the other players.

There’s rewards for joining. You get rewards for winning.

They should just eliminate the $100k reward per squad defeated feature and move it all to the round rewards.

The credit thing would prevent missing out when enemy diesnt set squads to attack
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

It will auto deploy from the last match played. There was no last match played since this is the first one. Hence, no auto deploy.
  • Options
    I used my best team for defense, but was wiped out. on the opposing defense team 7 star and zetad revan and traya (which both I still haven't got), which I can't beat. it looks like my GP is too high because I increase the level of almost all characters to level 85 and 90% of my characters have been filled with mods so that when TW, my guild can get more points, but my characters are mostly not 7 star and and their abilities aren't zeta yet. It seems like I will not put up a defense in the next grand arena, I will only participate to get the 2nd prize.
  • Options
    Thatdelong wrote: »
    The same garbage happened to me too. Why join and then not even bother to set Defense? Don't want the other guy to have to even work at all? It's selfish and IMO will be the biggest problem with this game mode, as it completely drains the fun out of it. I was excited to battle and now I'm just angry and exasperated.

There needs to be some way to avoid this. Some kind of penalty to players that intentionally don't set Defense.

How about giving you a higher prize than them?

That's not a penalty. They're still being rewarded for simply pressing join and not actually doing anything.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    The same garbage happened to me too. Why join and then not even bother to set Defense? Don't want the other guy to have to even work at all? It's selfish and IMO will be the biggest problem with this game mode, as it completely drains the fun out of it. I was excited to battle and now I'm just angry and exasperated.

There needs to be some way to avoid this. Some kind of penalty to players that intentionally don't set Defense.

How about giving you a higher prize than them?

That's not a penalty. They're still being rewarded for simply pressing join and not actually doing anything.

The join was forced in tutorial and no way to back out afterwards
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

That reeks of self-entitlement. There’s rewards for joining and doing nothing, so clearly less active people will join. And if they don’t set defenses, you automatically win the round and get better rewards. Nobody cares about your experience because no one owes you anything.

If anything to deal with this problem, they should just eliminate the $100k reward per squad defeated feature and move it all to the round rewards. Either that or give $100k to the attacker automatically for each defense that wasnt set.

It has nothing to do with entitlement. I installed the game to play it, not just collect free pixels. If players can't be bothered to assign a few defensive teams, and actually play the game mide, then they should either not participate in the mode or the AI should assign their teams randomly.

Their right to "do nothing and get rewards" only extends to the point where they start ruining the game for others. That's not entitlement, that's good sportsmanship and fair play. There's a difference.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

It would auto deploy the last teams they deployed. I assume that means if they never deployed teams it won't auto deploy any.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

It would auto deploy the last teams they deployed. I assume that means if they never deployed teams it won't auto deploy any.

Yes they had to had set squads in a previous GA. Would have been fun against some ai created teams though.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Id agree if they had teied it once.... but its hard to know if its badbif you dont even play it
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Yep but it auto deploys the last defense you set

In this case nobody has done that
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Id agree if they had teied it once.... but its hard to know if its badbif you dont even play it

Most didn't need to , once they saw their matchup.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

I don't care about your credits or quests...there will be 4 rounds in future events..... If you ahve 50 G12 char and I have 20 and you have revan and traya and I don't....I can 100 percent tell you that you win and I would not waste one second of MY time placing defenses for a 100 percent futile effort...

enjoy your rewards for 1st should make up for a few credits lost and a day off your quests.

in the end setting defenses is MY time and effort and I am in no way obligated to use that time just to make it so you don't feel bad about getting 1st place....

Sorry it sound harsh but you should hear yourselves from the people on the losing side of that matchmaking ends..... to us sounds like your whining about not WINNING ENOUGH when we couldn't win 1 out of the 6 battles anyway....

And yes.... I would only NOT place if I thought I could not win a single match out of the six....

but seriously ya all should hear how you sound to the people who have zero chance...

and there are fixes to it which I'm sure they will cave to
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    That sucks massively and I'd be super annoyed about it.

For this version of the event people were auto enrolled if they even clicked on the table when it popped up after the update. In the future they will have a 24 hour join period so it'll be more deliberate.

But to prevent people joining just for 2nd place rewards they should at the least make the rewards zero for not setting a defence in my opinion.

I'm sure how "annoyed your are" by not getting to embarass someone is a lot less than how annoyed the person you "would have" embarassed is at having to fight you which was probably an impossible matchup..

now maybe "your"s was even and he didn't care....fine lotta people I talked to who did not place....lol'd at the matchups and had zero chance to take a single battle....so good for them for not placing IMO
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

this guy gets it....(not the removing 100k part) but the first paragraph
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Their right to "do nothing and get rewards" only extends to the point where they start ruining the game for others. That's not entitlement, that's good sportsmanship and fair play. There's a difference.

I call bull. Fair play ??? nothing fair about some of the matchup's i've seen. No reason for someone to waste their time with that....

You feel cheated outta 600k.... hey you won, did'nt get your quest today... you will.

If I'm forced to place a defense for your benefit....I'll give you a G1 level 1 cup.... I'll still get my last place rewards for setting a D you'll get your first place and your 600k.... SEE HOW NOTHING there changed for you....NOTHING but your 600k so it's not about ruining your gameplay...it's just your 600k...

And as said...devs can fix that easy.... I have no problem dropping 6 lv 1 toons in 6 spots... never know my cup migh survive and bonus points...

you'll get someone else who WON in the 2nd round and 3rd round whatever....so you'll still get your whopping strategy and epic fights.....just not from me if I'm so outmatched that I could care less what happens...

Good luck on your future 1st place finishes in the big tournaments when they hit.....lotta ppl won't ever get to feel that A LOT i garner
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

I call bull. Fair play ??? nothing fair about some of the matchup's i've seen. No reason for someone to waste their time with that....

You feel cheated outta 600k.... hey you won, did'nt get your quest today... you will.
    Its not about the 600k its about having fun playing against another player with a similar lineup or someone who tries his best against your best team to see who outsmarted who

I could care less about 20 extra salvage pieces but I'd rather have a close competitive fight. If you are just going to give up and ruin the game mode for others who want a serious competition don't join but that's not going to happen so I hope the reward for no effort just participation is severely diminished that it deters people like you who give up on the slightest chance of losing

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Its not about the 600k its about having fun playing against another player with a similar lineup

If that's the case then you probably will have a match... so no worries. People will not not play as long as they think there is a chance to win.... if it's an obvious mismatch...then it is what it is....there will be lots of grand arenas...and lots of 2nd rounds against another winner....

Take all the rewards ALL of them out...then you will only be playing against people who want a knockdown dragout against all odds.... that's what you should be lobbying for !!!!!! Think of the fun you'll have

Again you act like the only sleighted party..... If you have the revans and trayas and chewys and your opponent does not you act like he is taking all of YOUR fun away and ruining the game......

How do you think he felt about YOU when he clicked on your profile.... now it's not your fault he drew you in round 1.....but i lol super lol at you thinking he should do you a solid and place D so you can feel good about destroying him....cmon now

There will always be crazy matchmaking mistakes but I feel CG will make them less an occurance...but when it does happen just take the win think about how they feel and now about how they should make you feel...your getting the rewards :)
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Its not about the 600k its about having fun playing against another player with a similar lineup

If that's the case then you probably will have a match... so no worries. People will not not play as long as they think there is a chance to win.... if it's an obvious mismatch...then it is what it is....there will be lots of grand arenas...and lots of 2nd rounds against another winner....

Take all the rewards ALL of them out...then you will only be playing against people who want a knockdown dragout against all odds.... that's what you should be lobbying for !!!!!! Think of the fun you'll have
    What is good sportsmanship?

I'm not going to bother explaining to you why you should still bother trying against mismatch teams because its falling on deaf ears
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

What is good sportsmanship?

I'm not going to bother explaining to you why you should still bother trying against mismatch teams because its falling on deaf ears

Your right deaf ears because I 100 percent disagree with you.

CG won't and is going to change it so you get your saateesfacction... your opponent will still get nothing so hopefully he still puts a g1 level1 cup down.

Sportsmanship ???? like the kind when Jumping Jim Bronzel for the killer bees goes to shake the hand of Jaque from The Canadians and Mr. Fuji throws a bag of salt in his eyes and get's rolled up for the 1, 2, 3, ???

the kind where a team scores a touchdown and he pulls a camera out of the goalposts and takes pictures of himself with 20 other grown men making millions of dollars or when a guy making millions scores a touchdown taunts the other player gets a flag for taunting and actually never scored a touchdown and cost his team the game and after the game says it was not his fault he always taunts the opposing player...

Sportsmanship is dead in real sports... Video games and Starcraft are not sports hence no sportsmanship

Never says sam I am

now kidding aside...honestly...it's their game too they have the freedom to do whatever they want until CG says otherwise....I'm sure this thread will go a long way to ensuring people play the way you want them to

:)

There are a lot of thing CG can do to encourage people to place I'm sure they will do it...but still won't stop everyone again it was Day 1...things will get better
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't posting these pictures of people not posting defense and mocking them for it against forum rules ?
  • Options
    Isn't posting these pictures of people not posting defense and mocking them for it against forum rules ?

Mocking them? They are the brave ones in my eyes, sabotaging this terrible tournament idea.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Mocking them? They are the brave ones in my eyes, sabotaging this terrible tournament idea.

I like grand arena (mostly)

I don't like people who critizice every post telling people to be quiet because everything is a choice and they have to live with it...then when someone makes a choice to do something like not set a defense because of bad choices the made roster wise.bam...."hey you made the WRONG" choice...how dare you not let me destroy you
  • Options

It has nothing to do with entitlement. I installed the game to play it, not just collect free pixels. If players can't be bothered to assign a few defensive teams, and actually play the game mide, then they should either not participate in the mode or the AI should assign their teams randomly.

Yea, but there are also people with a life and would just collect free pixels to slowly progress with their roster. They have the right to play the game however they want to, without being dictated what to or not to do by someone else.

Fair play is u winning when they do not make an effort to do anything, that is fair. Will they win if they do nothing? Nope. I also dont see how theres any sportsmanship in a mobile game with limited interaction with the opponent. Do u shake hands with the opposing guild after each tw?

The real issue is the design of this mode. By giving rewards for beating a team, those that do not have teams to beat are disadvantaged in that sense. Sure, i will admit ur suggestion that AI just auto deploys for them is a valid suggestion, but otherwise saying that another player MUST make the effort to deploy for your sake is self-entitlement, because u believe that u deserve the privilege of fully playing this mode at the expense of another rightfully claiming his free rewards for the minimal effort he put in. It's the equivalent of dictating someone else's right.

• Options

No it isnt.
  • Options

Its not about the 600k its about having fun playing against another player with a similar lineup or someone who tries his best against your best team to see who outsmarted who

I could care less about 20 extra salvage pieces but I'd rather have a close competitive fight. If you are just going to give up and ruin the game mode for others who want a serious competition don't join but that's not going to happen so I hope the reward for no effort just participation is severely diminished that it deters people like you who give up on the slightest chance of losing

Your suggestion will not change anything. The guys who are in poorly matched setups will still not do anything.

Like i said before, nobody owes anyone anything. If anything, it's the design of the mode that should be improved on.
  • Options

this guy gets it....(not the removing 100k part) but the first paragraph

So why shouldnt the 100k credits be amended? This is part of the reason why many ppl are frustrated at players like possibly yourself who didn't place any defenses. If this happened in tw, nobody would complain because theres nothing lost from it.
This discussion has been closed.