[Mega] 3v3 Grand Arena!

Replies

• Options
    for 7 days long event these rewards are just joke. and for 28th december event there are stupid shield generators i already have few hundreds and currently not any toon needs them
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The reward structure as explained by Shurijo at reddit:

f5rvgf6cmxii.jpg

... and no, wether you place 2nd or 4th doesn't matter. Neither this GA or the next one.
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Again if calculations for matchup include ship GP im facing 4-10 more g12 char (depending on matchup)

If there is a GA with no ships then ship GP should not count in calcs

Have they addressed this or at least acknowledge its an issue cause now im at risk of getting 0 zetas cause no ships

So much this. If no ships, don't include ship GP in the matchmaking. I certainly used my superior ships to help me win the first GA event.
  • Options
    It's ok, but why no FLEET? But fleet counts in your GP... Nothing special, give 1 zone for fleet!!!
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Someone has 90% of their GP in ships?

Screenshot please.

Only 50% of GP :(
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    I guess I will just sit this one out until CG announces what the future format will be 5v5 or 3v3. Ships or no ships.

When considering the high risk of serious bugs with not enough developers and designers on call during the holidays to fix it (The fix for 3P0 teams solos in hSTR p3 was postponed to after the holidays) and the chance that the future format will revert back to 5v5, I simply won't bother spending time preparing 20 new 3v3 teams, working out strategies for each opponent and playing the matches.

It’s a variant. They said in the original post that GA would have different formats on occasion and they specifically called out 3v3 as one such variant. It’s not going to be the same thing every time.

Somehow I missed that, thanks for the info! If it will be BOTH 5v5 (with ships) and 3v3 and not “instead of” I have no isse with it. Fun with some variation!
  • Options
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Ok quick question. How are we to finish the character quests for GA like the han solo quest? Spobv1g4tf0mkh.png

Specifically the portion about using Han in an undersized party? Are we supposed to only use 2?

seriously, it wasn’t addressed, so it must be an oversight from their overly terrible idea department

Maybe we automatically finish these quest requirements by just playing the 3v3 battles because 3 is undersized if 5 is still the standard in the game.
  • Options
    I despise the switch to 3v3. This literally changes the entire gameplay. I don’t really want to learn a new style of play, and spend time working on it too. This isn’t the game we prepped for.

not at all the game we prepped for or the game they even talked about in their messed up road ahead communications.

this is all bait and switch bad design and execution by development. they should have given notice to give people time to prep for this stuff if they were going to do it but they like to hide their precious development changes so they can bait and switch whatever you prepped for. now they are changing the terms on the fly, nerfing established players like zfinn because it benefits the players, and on and on to change things so it works for the bait and switch model.

grand arena is singularly the worse thing since tournaments and makes tournaments actually look good compared to this.

wish we could just go back to how things were before grand arenA

I think that the "most passionate and committed" (that is borderline obsessive) players set the benchmark for the devs. There are all those guys ... some of them posting videos of how they found another surprise-squad that gets nerfed because of STR is sacred ... those are the people who spend hours and hours on the game, day by day. And those are the people the devs have in my mind when they come up with a new game mode, introducing new game play, on short notice and days before Xmas.
  • Options
    RunchGwar wrote: »
    Crumb said, and I quote:
    I’m sure for many of you your first question concerns Territory Wars rewards you would have received! You will still receive comparable rewards for the removed Territory Wars as we will be adding the typical TW rewards into the Grand Arena for this month. We will have more info on the adjusted rewards in a future post.

NOTE: Due to how Territory War rewards can vary based on several factors, some players at very high GP brackets may receive less rewards depending on where they place in Grand Arena but the majority of players will receive more than they would have earned. The current Grand Arena event does not contain these additional rewards but upcoming Grand Arena events will have December’s Territory Wars rewards folded into them.

So this was apparently a straight up lie? The rewards outlined in the most recent post don't even come close to rewards we'd get from Territory Wars. No guild store currency. No GET. Mod salvage instead of gear salvage, and useless Mk12 salvage as outlined in other posts. Not to mention fewer zetas and omegas than we would otherwise get—and that's if we WIN! If we're in the bottom half of our groupings, we'll get nothing?

I'm hoping you're planning on handing out actual recompense to all players, CG, otherwise your choice to remove the TWs amounts to a lie and a nerf rolled into one. A 'lerf' if you will.

(And I'm saying this as someone who really enjoys Grand Arena. But these rewards are an insult.)

So, it looks like CG *is* making good on the missing TW rewards: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190431/update-on-december-grand-arena-and-territory-wars-rewards#latest

Not sure if I missed this or it was snuck in ninja style. Either way, I retract my previous outrage, and I commend you CG for making good on the promise of giving everyone the TW rewards. Much appreciated!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Crumb said, and I quote:
    I’m sure for many of you your first question concerns Territory Wars rewards you would have received! You will still receive comparable rewards for the removed Territory Wars as we will be adding the typical TW rewards into the Grand Arena for this month. We will have more info on the adjusted rewards in a future post.

NOTE: Due to how Territory War rewards can vary based on several factors, some players at very high GP brackets may receive less rewards depending on where they place in Grand Arena but the majority of players will receive more than they would have earned. The current Grand Arena event does not contain these additional rewards but upcoming Grand Arena events will have December’s Territory Wars rewards folded into them.

So this was apparently a straight up lie? The rewards outlined in the most recent post don't even come close to rewards we'd get from Territory Wars. No guild store currency. No GET. Mod salvage instead of gear salvage, and useless Mk12 salvage as outlined in other posts. Not to mention fewer zetas and omegas than we would otherwise get—and that's if we WIN! If we're in the bottom half of our groupings, we'll get nothing?

I'm hoping you're planning on handing out actual recompense to all players, CG, otherwise your choice to remove the TWs amounts to a lie and a nerf rolled into one. A 'lerf' if you will.

(And I'm saying this as someone who really enjoys Grand Arena. But these rewards are an insult.)

So, it looks like CG *is* making good on the missing TW rewards: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190431/update-on-december-grand-arena-and-territory-wars-rewards#latest

Not sure if I missed this or it was snuck in ninja style. Either way, I retract my previous outrage, and I commend you CG for making good on the promise of giving everyone the TW rewards. Much appreciated!

Might want to wait to see if we actually get them lol.

It seems as if UTC got stealth-nerfed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    xtsuxvup9eci.png

If no ships with Total GP matchmaking then I'm disadvantaged from the start :(
  • Alinoe
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'll really enjoy 3v3, this require attention and strategy, great opportunity to test multiple teams which I'll never use before ( not usual leaders ect. ). I ROTFL when I read all this posts when some people stated like they talking for all SWGOH players , because they don't enjoy GA... Actually MANY people do, and this feature is so refreshing.
    Ps. You don't need always win mr.snowflake
  • Options
    I am excited for 3v3. Yeah, we don't get to practice it, but neither do our opponents. It is a level playing field and something interesting to break up the same old teams we always see. I can't wait to start the attack phase, see who my opponents have on defense and then try to figure out how to beat them.

I do think that GA tourneys with no ships should only count character GP when match-making, this is an oversight and some people are at a serious disadvantage for no apparent reason. You wouldn't set a basketball tourney up based on how good people were combined at basketball and football if only basketball was being played. @CG_SBCrumb

As far as rewards, they seem to have changed it to add some more zetas and the rewards in our inbox plus everything we will get in GA. Not bad in my opinion. My guild is only 50M GP, so that opinion probably varies, which they kind of said it would.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    GA seems fun..
    cg: let's ruin it

exactly; it had so much potential; thanks for screwing over the rewards for the lower guys

Just a point: they're also screwing over the rewards for the top finishers. If I were to win every one of the next 3, the rewards would still be significantly less than winning 3 TWs (and my guild has won 80% of our TW).

I'm disappointed that u failed to realise this: if u lost 3 TWs in the >120m bracket, u would still be better off than topping ur GA bracket.

In fact, if u lost 3 TWs in the 2 zeta per win TW brackets, u would arguably be in the same position as u would be if u topped the next GA.

So, basically if u dont top the GA it's a guaranteed net loss. Think this really needs to be relooked at.
  • Options
    Bytestream wrote: »
    i agree a 3v3 makes (especially the Revan guys) unbeatable...thanks CG ! Delete this Mode or let it with 5v5 or even 4v4

Revan will be much easier to beat, as he relies on mass attacks on a single character, so they won't be able to do as much dmg as normal. There won't be a Jolee to revive either, or a bastila to give offensive buffs and call asssists. What teams will be meta in 3v3 will be quite different from 5v5.
  • Options
    Well I said go nuts with the format in previous feedback and this is certainly nuts. I think I like it!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    GA seems fun..
    cg: let's ruin it

exactly; it had so much potential; thanks for screwing over the rewards for the lower guys

Just a point: they're also screwing over the rewards for the top finishers. If I were to win every one of the next 3, the rewards would still be significantly less than winning 3 TWs (and my guild has won 80% of our TW).

I'm disappointed that u failed to realise this: if u lost 3 TWs in the >120m bracket, u would still be better off than topping ur GA bracket.

In fact, if u lost 3 TWs in the 2 zeta per win TW brackets, u would arguably be in the same position as u would be if u topped the next GA.

So, basically if u dont top the GA it's a guaranteed net loss. Think this really needs to be relooked at.

There is a separate announcement, everyone will get rewards 4 times in their inbox equal to winning a TW at 160 M GP. The GA rewards are completely separate from the make-up TW rewards (which are inbox, not reward table).
  • Options
    Ok quick question. How are we to finish the character quests for GA like the han solo quest? Spobv1g4tf0mkh.png

Specifically the portion about using Han in an undersized party? Are we supposed to only use 2?
    There may be some squads you could fight just using Han on his own.

For the general undersize quest I bet there will be squads that Boba Fett or Jango Fett could take care of on their own.
  • Options
    This has got to be the whiniest thread in history. While some criticism is valid, people act like it's the end of the world. People also act like it's a pain to theorycraft and to play the game, and as if rewards are all that matter. It won't have to take long, as it's easy to come up with teams, and much quicker to play 3v3 compared to normal battles.

Now, I probably won't be getting any zetas, since the matchmaking punishes players who've levelled up the bottom of their rosters (which is a valid criticism), but that doesn't stop me from being excited about the theorycrafting and the fact that we now get to try out a lot of leader abilities that we normally never use. They show here the flexibility that the GA has, so we can expect a lot of variety in the future. In my opinion, variety is good.
  • Options
    I am slightly confused about the number of squads per territory information. In the previous round I (1.75M-2.749M GP) needed 5 squads total for 3 territories plus a fleet. Now, it seems that I will need 8 squads total - possibly 2 squads for each of 4 territories or may 3 in each of the front and 1 in the back? Anyway, I don't quite see what people are complaining about. This doesn't look like that much of an increase. 8 x 3 = 24 toons vs 5 x 5 = 25 toons. Just a little more of a headache in figuring out who to use.
  • DarthSide_158
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Do NOT mix people together according to total galactic power, when only characters can Fight!
    You HAVE to select the group according to the Charakter GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This makes sense. I mean, they could modify the algorithm to take into account character GP.

So when we have a character only grand arena, Character GP gets plugged into the algorithm. When we have a character+ships grand arena, Total GP gets plugged into the algorithm. Seems like a logical solution, no?

Given the brackets provided to us:

1,250,000 = 4 squads on defense
    1,750,000-2,749,999 = 8 squads on defense

My total GP is 1,998,849. My character GP is 1,197,562.

If using total GP (which appears to be the method displayed in the chart), I'll be forced to field 4 more defense teams and 4 more offensive teams.

Not saying this is a bad thing, but definitely presents a more difficult task.
  • Options
    Make it based on GP of your characters only. Basically the G12 characters and total Number of Zeta's. That's it. Otherwise, I'm not gonna play and my interest in the game was already waining
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Can you address the quests? With 3v3 are we now expected to go 2v3 in order to complete the quests?
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Can you address the quests? With 3v3 are we now expected to go 2v3 in order to complete the quests?

It just says undersized, so I think it would be a safe assumption that 2v3 or 1v3 would get you completions on those quests. I bet there are some squads CLS could handle on his own among other options.
    Post edited by Citadel_of_Ricks on
  • Options
    Please delete GA from the game

OR you can just not play it and give us the easy win ;)
  • Options
    nottenst wrote: »

There may be some squads you could fight just using Han on his own.

For the general undersize quest I bet there will be squads that Boba Fett or Jango Fett could take care of on their own.

It’s not as hard as all that. You don’t have to win on the first try for this quest. So if you kill one or two enemies with your first squad attack, you can finish up with a squad of 4.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • qkjerome
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Really ? No ships ! Again !

I hope matchmaking will be updated to take this into consideration because this is frustrating for those of us investing in ships,

I have nearly 50% of my GP in ships and will get crushed in GA. Crushed ! One single maxed out ships is worth 3 zetaed G12 characters in GP ! Here’s one loss ! Great for that new 3v3 format, furthermore the pilots tend to be mediocre or plain bad characters.

Even in our past 5v5 GA, having a large fleet is a handicap unless you have a very deep roster, If we could decide to have our single fleet node on the front lines it would be GREAT and FAIR for fleet heavy players.

My guild has around 10%, maybe more, players in the same boat. Please CG come up with a fair (more fair...) matchmaking algorithm. Investing in ships should not be crippling in GA.
  • Options
    i think next GA will be only fleet xD
  • Options
    GA has been garbage so far! I refuse to play it anymore. I don’t think it is right that I spent the last 2+ years developing my characters to 7* so they can be usable and that is actually the wrong thing to do for GA if you want to win. This was supposed to be an event of “skill” but it is another event for “who has the best top 6-8 teams”. A players total GP should not be a basis for a “match up” unless ALL of the character are used to play the event. GA is just a glorified reboot of squad arena with the ability to use several teams at once.
    Please fix this issue so GA can be enjoyable and fair.