Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• "Hey, just wondering, Is this an out-of-season april fools joke ? "

Please CG, Just watch Mobile Gamer's video on this.

We just want random buffs to random characters, just like you did before.

Thanks
  • Scabmaggot
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm going to enjoy this QOL upgrade since i won't be participating in this TW i don't have to spend the time to move my mods around.
    TY CG for letting me know my time, money and effort to build a roster means nothing but a joke to you.
    How about the next TB we vote on what characters and ships are banned in platoons
  • Better if it were an ingame poll, a lot of casual players will be surprised to find they have various characters they can’t use.

CLS - don’t have buhbye
    JTR - don’t have buhbye
    Revan - as above
    Treys - as above.

This is just dumb.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'd much rather have a rotating set of bonuses than my roster being limited. I liked the CW celebration, so like that, OG bonuses, and a few more set of bonuses for other characters. Maybe like a 2 month rotation with something being changed every 6 months to a year
  • So I’ve been playing about a month. Just hit 65 and was excited about being able to (maybe?) help the guild in these events I just unlocked

First and foremost, I’m totally screwed if the Hera group is excluded. I literally have no other cohesive team to field but Phoenix.

I can understand the devs’ desire to breathe new life into a mode that’s become stale, but, from what I’ve gathered even prior to today’s news, that stale mode was territory battles not wars. There was always buzz in the discord about this TW thing. It didn’t seem like (much) change was needed. To choose to totally exclude 28 characters from competition is insanely over the top, imo.

Why not start with like...five? Give the community 20-25 characters and vote five off the island, IF you insist on excluding any at all.

I may be extremely new to SWGOH but I’ve been an avid gamer for over a decade and had my first video game experience over 25 years ago. When you take things away from gamers, they’re NEVER happy. Sometimes it’s necessary and understandable due to a character/item/mechanic being too powerful or not WAI.

This is not one of those understandable scenarios. This is NOT playful nor fun.
  • DarthRevan1023
    637 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I like the idea its boring always seeing the same teams on defense every TW so "banning" commonly used toons for the tw i think will make it interesting and make you think out side of the box more.

But what i do what to know if a toon has a ship is that toons ship is also banned or not? I hope it affectsships also @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

But other then that looking forward to the twist of possibly not using most meta defining toons and using other random team comps to try out. (Not sarcasm)
  • This new idea is lame, just give us fun character bonusses. Or make certain toons required for a battle. Don’t exclude toons we worked so hard to get.
  • Incredibly dumb. I think it's cool that CG is buffing older teams, but, limiting teams by an ambiguous voting option?
    I'll repeat. LIMITING your playerbase from utilizing their full rosters...
    Wow.
  • This is not good idea, we spend time,money...for what?...for banning toons?
    It’s not fun....not good
    Will better if you get us new buffs for TW or 3x3 mode TW
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Its kinda how they fix stuff around here... when something is bad and a ton of people complain, they just make something worse.... people stop complaining about the old thing (short term memories)

In this way at any given time there is only one bad thing going on at once !!!!

Jenius !!!!

In 24 hrs GA matchmaking will be beloved by all
  • Gotta buy that 5th character for your squad that you will now need...money money
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    You also have the potential to lose ezra from the devs voting
  • Maybe they’re doing this to make us like 3v3 more. Compared to this, 3v3 is awesome! Like getting pneumonia will make you wish you only had a headache.
  • Overall this is a bad idea. I made an account in here just to express how bad this is. The people that actually love this mode and put in the effort are being punished in this system. As someone who is involved in the planning of my guild's strategy, I cringed when I read this post. If your goal was to increase interaction with this mode and to also increase player enjoyment then this is the wrong way to go about it. Changing the zone structure or simply adding specific buffs to a particular zone would have been a welcome change. This seems like a poorly thought out idea.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    You also have the potential to lose ezra from the devs voting

Oh yeah didn’t realize that. I have a 75% chance of losing Ezra and a 40% chance of losing Hera.

I’m not going to be able to field a team at all. Yay!!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lichbane wrote: »
    QefTserCal wrote: »
    z5w2r5pbzxnb.jpg

Which CG should we vote out so we don't have to suffer this atrocity?

My vote is for the messenger, SBcrumb, thanks for playing, but you are the weakest link.

Why him ???? He made his obligatory january post ??? You guys are tough !!
  • I'm not voting. This is absurd. Do not do this. It's not fun. Read the messages here and on Reddit. People don't want this.

TW is my favorite game mode. I've spent all December waiting for it to come back, and now this?? No thanks.

Keep the special faction bonuses. That's fun. Excluding characters we worked hard to build, and some of us paid for, is a complete and direct contradiction to the SPIRIT OF THE GAME
  • I would like to see Laymen Gaming talk about this :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Sorry bud 😔
  • Could just make it an ingame poll for accounts created 6 months ago and prior to that. Seems a simple solution.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • I guess I /could/ sub in my 2* g5 Sabine for my 7* g7 Ezra... :/
  • I'm not voting. This is absurd. Do not do this. It's not fun. Read the messages here and on Reddit. People don't want this.

TW is my favorite game mode. I've spent all December waiting for it to come back, and now this?? No thanks.

Keep the special faction bonuses. That's fun. Excluding characters we worked hard to build, and some of us paid for, is a complete and direct contradiction to the SPIRIT OF THE GAME

I didn't vote either because I won't be a part of this train wreck. Live free; don't join.
  • First time poster here, and I just created this online login to post about my frustration about the delay of territory wars and now the shift from a guild-versus-guild competition to individual competition in Grand Arena. I don't speak for my guild, and my opinions are just that. But I've heard many, many users express similar frustrations. I hope that my thoughts about the announcement of recent changes to Territory Wars and the introduction of Grand Arena are considered in reforming the strategy going forward.

This paradigm shift--specifically, shifting the focus of the competitive aspect of this game from guild-versus-guild competition to a significant increase in individual, time-intensive competition in Grand Arena--damages the fabric that makes guilds so successful for a few reasons.

First, this shift is eliminating the ability to compete in front of our guildmates for a common goal that benefits the guild. For example, helping clear a territory in TW for the benefit of the entire guild when others are cheering you on creates camaraderie and a sense of accomplishment. Nobody wants to play soccer, football, or baseball by themselves. The want to win for their teams, and they do it for (among many other reasons) the high fives after a win. December 2018 really has been "all about me" in guilds and not "all about us."

Second, the shift to individual competition in Grand Arena, in now what has been back-to-back-to-back tournaments, each with three rounds of setup and attack, takes far too much time. I've participated and placed first in my first two. But now, the amount of time to focus on my individual gameplay comes at the cost of participating, chatting, and celebrating the other members of my guild in what was a wildly successful game mode--territory wars.

Third, the constant changes to GA require too much learning and strategizing for each new pairing. I recognize that, in part, GA has been a work in progress tested on the userbase. The downside of this method is that it ignores an important psychological aspect game that keeps people coming back--progression and then maintenance for mastery of the changed functionality. Players want to learn a new game mode, and then master it. If the ball is moved too quickly, the amount of time invested in learning the new mode is wasteful. An exemplar was shifting to three-toon squads in the most recent GA. Many players spent substantial time analyzing their rosters, determining new synergies that would be effective, and creating lists of new parings. The influencers on YouTube created diagrams and charts. For what? Twenty-four hours of gameplay? At this point, unless the rewards are zetas or highly coveted gear, I'm going to join a number of players in my guild and sit out GA.

If you're wondering about my demographic in the game. I'm a very active player in SWGOH with a very active guild. I've been playing since December 2016 I think. Unlike the mega whales, I'm probably representative of most who play: FTP with an occasional P2P for toons (i.e., Sion, Nest, Revan). I play this game because I really like the people in my guild. We have a blast playing together. Now SWGOH isn't near as much fun.

As far as recommendations (I rarely like to complain without proposing solutions), I believe the swiftness of the changes should be walked back a bit. Make the Grand Arena format more consistent. Also, EA should reconsider the paradigm shift from individual competition (in such a time intensive format) as a replacement to team competition. EA should space the GA out significantly, and make multiple Territory Wars monthly so that guilds continue to thrive. Making a toon marquee (Mace) as part of the Clone Wars anniversary was great fun and should be repeated with a different faction--but don't deprive us of using toons that we've worked hard to level and gear.

Best,
    Bardina

• QefTserCal
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Put a Platoon Mission there for attack/defence bonuses, or more defensive slots.

Let the Guild decides if they want to use their toons for combat or sacrifice for bonuses.

Voting in survey monkey.. I thought April came early.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    People did say they wanted to use fluff toons more.... now you can pit that gammo guard and cup with qira lead against revan its what everyone wanted !!!
  • alexnikkel22
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    People who’s not spend money choose Revan...okay
    We spend money, and we want play with toons, on which's we spend money...
    Give us just new interesting bonuses
    Give us mode 3x3
    Give us GA each week
    And people will love you CG
    But now you doing terrible
    Do not destroy TW mode please
    A lot of people play this game because they like TW
  • Imagine if they made it to exclude the whole team, you’d be royally fubar then.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Comet19 wrote: »
    I'm not voting. This is absurd. Do not do this. It's not fun. Read the messages here and on Reddit. People don't want this.

I didn't vote either because I won't be a part of this train wreck. Live free; don't join.

They will just autoplace your votes to show your voting like they showing 100% GA participation
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    At about a rate of 100 posts an hour this is a great start for 2019👍
  • CanadianRanger
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What an absolute joke of a game if they do this. Refund people money or lots of gear or shards for the amount of time they have invested in your product and game for you to deny them the use of said product. Seriously whoever came up with this idea should be slapped upside the head and sent back down to work in the file room. Going to make people think about limiting the amount of money they invest in your kitten ideas. Offer people a territory war choice when thier guild signs up. Regular way or hold my beer I have an idea way. See where there the numbers lie then Community has spoken my kitten.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
This discussion has been closed.