Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

  • m0rality wrote: »
    m0rality wrote: »
    I figure this "Change" is because Finns current kit is a threat to Revan and players are upset (whales). Otherwise it would have happened long ago, and the fix would have been to TRAYA not Finn. My two cents. Just a feeling having seen this type of "fix" happen over and over.. They nerfed JTR in SRT only. Finn is nerfed across the board. Why else but to stop him from being a clear and present danger to a newly released OP hero? This is my opinion, your mileage may vary. The only other explanation is CG's testing of new heroes needs a lot of improvement and possibly new, or more testers.

    I dont think so. Most whales arent worried about how this impacts raids. They are concerned about how it impacts PVP.

    Whales run Finn lead in arena?

    No. Most large guilds run zFinn as an anti-Traya team in TW.

    Right, whales will want the latest and greatest hero with go faster stripes.

    Most whales were running zFinn long before 3PO. Certainly 3PO was great for the arena...and most whales went after him, but big guilds > 150 MM GP are not just focused on toon acquisition for arena and HSTR. They are also very focused on TB and TW. Disrupting the teams that they use for that is just a bad idea.
  • Funny how he said their internal testing shows that it meets or exceeds Finn before C3PO, but we all know how good their testing is. That’s why we are even here in the first place.

    The only test that I care about is...will they still smoke a G12 Traya team.
  • Only if TMR wasnt resistable, then this rework would not be much of a nerf.

    true and i totally agree here, or well make it something like 15% tm gain instead of 3%. or make traya not imune to TM removal and i'm soo fine with changes
  • I want my zeta back period
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dracarys78 wrote: »
    Only if TMR wasnt resistable, then this rework would not be much of a nerf.

    true and i totally agree here, or well make it something like 15% tm gain instead of 3%. or make traya not imune to TM removal and i'm soo fine with changes

    so you want 75% TM gain 15x5.... lol op
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Funny how he said their internal testing shows that it meets or exceeds Finn before C3PO, but we all know how good their testing is. That’s why we are even here in the first place.

    This post should get stickied up forever A+
  • m0rality wrote: »
    I figure this "Change" is because Finns current kit is a threat to Revan and players are upset (whales). Otherwise it would have happened long ago, and the fix would have been to TRAYA not Finn. My two cents. Just a feeling having seen this type of "fix" happen over and over.. They nerfed JTR in SRT only. Finn is nerfed across the board. Why else but to stop him from being a clear and present danger to a newly released OP hero? This is my opinion, your mileage may vary. The only other explanation is CG's testing of new heroes needs a lot of improvement and possibly new, or more testers.

    I dont think so. Most whales arent worried about how this impacts raids. They are concerned about how it impacts PVP.

    Whales run Finn lead in arena?

    What are whales? 3m+ gp or p2win players in 1st place?
    In my shard there is 2-3 traya teams and 1 rjt team with few 2-5 cls teams in top 50 rest is Revans so no, whales/krakens run Revan same as f2p atm, ranking depends on gear and speed of your team. But if you play for lets say 1 year or a bit more and don't have that shiny new and op team don't worry with time and strategy you will get there in a year or 2 it just takes: a) time or b) money, choice is yours. :smile:
  • So u stop one p3 solo with a awful needless rework and allowed a new one to pop up with the cls c3 team and anyone tht omegad c3 gets left out of tht one so now your going to inflame twice as many ppl cuz the ones with finn zetad is upset an then anyone tht omegad c3 will be upset. To me it was one phase so who cares. The sith raid has been out long enough now ppl will find ways to dominate it. If it was a entire raid ok I could see the changes being needed but again it was one phase. So whats next,a cls rework to since he now has ability to solo p3. Just leave the phase alone an be glad u created a character good enough to help the fan base save a little time on what is a very long tedious boring raid that can be beaten regardless of finns solo or not especially now tht everyone has revan.
  • Dracarys78
    68 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dracarys78 wrote: »
    Only if TMR wasnt resistable, then this rework would not be much of a nerf.

    true and i totally agree here, or well make it something like 15% tm gain instead of 3%. or make traya not imune to TM removal and i'm soo fine with changes

    so you want 75% TM gain 15x5.... lol op

    atm its 35%x5 still go try it out, she gets TM anyway throughout of fight. Also where did you get that number as multiplier? hanx2,chui and Leja thats 4 in many occasions so its still way lower than what 175% tm gain in your perfect scenario.
    Also read whole post Traya is immune to TM removal same as tank in p2/p4 of haat.
  • Funny how he said their internal testing shows that it meets or exceeds Finn before C3PO, but we all know how good their testing is. That’s why we are even here in the first place.

    This soo much , can we really trust your testing @CG_SBCrumb. It has failed how many times this last year , especially when it comes to the Sith raid. Why should i have any faith in the new tests , when your previous c3p0 tests were so horrible?
  • I mean.. have you even tested it yourself yet? How can you be so sure it isn't good if you haven't even played with it yet?
    Clearly they put a lot of time into this so we should give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what their plans are and have a reason for intentionally changing finn instead of the raid.
    Patience will go a long way, young one.
  • Wiggensbog wrote: »
    I mean.. have you even tested it yourself yet? How can you be so sure it isn't good if you haven't even played with it yet?
    Clearly they put a lot of time into this so we should give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what their plans are and have a reason for intentionally changing finn instead of the raid.
    Patience will go a long way, young one.

    You mean like with the release of c3p0 and all the time they took testing and catching all the bugs, except how it interacts with the first leader for the faction that uses expose. Hmm yeah i can see why we should trust them. Lol
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    I agree
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I don't know dude, I think everyoes all jealous and stuff cause I've got the lead zfinn on my team dude.
    and I think CG has a problem with my zfinn and they need to take it up with the player base after the nerf.

    Because these game testers don't even know the name of my zfinn, but there all nerfing him like they wanna hold peoples hands, Cause once I Zeta Finn they know that I'll be the man, all because Zfinn is the leader of my band.

    So I get on PVP right, drop the finn walk up to revan right and I"m all like, sup Jedi my name is Zfinn I'm the leader of the resistance baby, and theier all like "Oh my god it's Finn" "Bindo oh my god it's him" " I swear to god zfinn rocks" "please let me use all the Zetas in stock"

    And by now all the Dev's get Jealous, Especially when I drop the zetas and do my Omegas, all the whiners start yelling, throw their fits and hearts on the forum pages, so like every single night my shard chat picks a fight with me but when we fight it's like a sibling rivalry cause they are back in the arena the next night with me, Dude I think CG is trying to steal the light from me, yesterday crumb tried to pull a zeta from me cause I told him Batista is my wife to be and all the other guys just despise me because

    Because these game testers don't even know the name of my zfinn, but there all nerfing him like they wanna hold peoples hands, Cause once I Zeta Finn they know that I'll be the man, all because Zfinn is the leader of my band.

    my band
    my band
    my band
    my band
    my band

  • the only reason why i started my resistance team and even not being used i feel betrayed for having a semi-complete zeta rework and no refunded, i don't get it why the dev try to stop the unlimited loop after a raid releases almost a year, its time to farm, not to spend eternity and losing time wasting on a raid that is past the "training" phase, it's farming time, if another raid comes, and another and another, if i can't auto solo can raid/sim (i still prefer auto solo) i simply don't even try, since i need to focus on the new modes/raids/arena, and due to the raid having a lot of phases that limit the turn gain, it's always the p3 that suffers, it clearly demonstrates that the devs want to keep the raid relevant but yet it's in farm mode, my problem to the nom-refund of zetas is that if a character ability is changed and it's far different, i should have a change to at least tell if i want to keep it or not, the raid nerfs, its the same thing as banning a character from entering a raid even outdated, just because it can solo, like teebo used to do in the pit, it made the pit really easy but it didn't remove the fun out of it,
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

    Pure F2P at heart
  • So with the announcement of finn’s nerf/rework and the immediate announcement of a new p3 solo team of cls and c3po is cls going to Be next to get wrecked? It was one phase of a extremely long boring raid for most guilds so best response would been leave it be. If it was entire raid ok maybe changes were needed. But it wasnt. So as usual one problem solved but 4 more created from that. And if cls is nxt what probs will arise from that. Easiest fix is just leave everything as is an next time a problem like this arises turn to ur fanbase an the people like maybe @bulldog and ask them what they feel is best way to solve these issues and actually listen to what they have to say. So back to my topic now, what will happen to our commander luke?
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    I don't know dude, I think everyoes all jealous and stuff cause I've got the lead zfinn on my team dude.
    and I think CG has a problem with my zfinn and they need to take it up with the player base after the nerf.

    Because these game testers don't even know the name of my zfinn, but there all nerfing him like they wanna hold peoples hands, Cause once I Zeta Finn they know that I'll be the man, all because Zfinn is the leader of my band.

    So I get on PVP right, drop the finn walk up to revan right and I"m all like, sup Jedi my name is Zfinn I'm the leader of the resistance baby, and theier all like "Oh my god it's Finn" "Bindo oh my god it's him" " I swear to god zfinn rocks" "please let me use all the Zetas in stock"

    And by now all the Dev's get Jealous, Especially when I drop the zetas and do my Omegas, all the whiners start yelling, throw their fits and hearts on the forum pages, so like every single night my shard chat picks a fight with me but when we fight it's like a sibling rivalry cause they are back in the arena the next night with me, Dude I think CG is trying to steal the light from me, yesterday crumb tried to pull a zeta from me cause I told him Batista is my wife to be and all the other guys just despise me because

    Because these game testers don't even know the name of my zfinn, but there all nerfing him like they wanna hold peoples hands, Cause once I Zeta Finn they know that I'll be the man, all because Zfinn is the leader of my band.

    my band
    my band
    my band
    my band
    my band

    The leader of the band is tired and these nerfs are getting old.
    But his sorrow still goes unanswered, and our pleas are never heard.
    His role has been a great attempt, of being part of a plan.
    But now it is a legacy, and lost in a far off land..
    Leader: Grey Area 51
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I don't know dude, I think everyoes all jealous and stuff cause I've got the lead zfinn on my team dude.
    and I think CG has a problem with my zfinn and they need to take it up with the player base after the nerf.

    Because these game testers don't even know the name of my zfinn, but there all nerfing him like they wanna hold peoples hands, Cause once I Zeta Finn they know that I'll be the man, all because Zfinn is the leader of my band.

    So I get on PVP right, drop the finn walk up to revan right and I"m all like, sup Jedi my name is Zfinn I'm the leader of the resistance baby, and theier all like "Oh my god it's Finn" "Bindo oh my god it's him" " I swear to god zfinn rocks" "please let me use all the Zetas in stock"

    And by now all the Dev's get Jealous, Especially when I drop the zetas and do my Omegas, all the whiners start yelling, throw their fits and hearts on the forum pages, so like every single night my shard chat picks a fight with me but when we fight it's like a sibling rivalry cause they are back in the arena the next night with me, Dude I think CG is trying to steal the light from me, yesterday crumb tried to pull a zeta from me cause I told him Batista is my wife to be and all the other guys just despise me because

    Because these game testers don't even know the name of my zfinn, but there all nerfing him like they wanna hold peoples hands, Cause once I Zeta Finn they know that I'll be the man, all because Zfinn is the leader of my band.

    my band
    my band
    my band
    my band
    my band

    The leader of the band is tired and these nerfs are getting old.
    But his sorrow still goes unanswered, and our pleas are never heard.
    His role has been a great attempt, of being part of a plan.
    But now it is a legacy, and lost in a far off land..

    You don't wanna mess with CG...."cause why"

    Cause 'CG will nerf you"

    You don't wanna mess with CG...."cause why"

    Cause 'CG will nerf you"

    You don't wanna mess with CG...."cause why"

    Cause 'CG will nerf you"


  • This seems fitting..

    Leader: Grey Area 51
  • Wiggensbog wrote: »
    I mean.. have you even tested it yourself yet? How can you be so sure it isn't good if you haven't even played with it yet?
    Clearly they put a lot of time into this so we should give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what their plans are and have a reason for intentionally changing finn instead of the raid.
    Patience will go a long way, young one.

    They also put a lot of time into the str and look how many nerfs we've had because of it
  • Wiggensbog wrote: »
    I mean.. have you even tested it yourself yet? How can you be so sure it isn't good if you haven't even played with it yet?
    Clearly they put a lot of time into this so we should give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what their plans are and have a reason for intentionally changing finn instead of the raid.
    Patience will go a long way, young one.

    They also put a lot of time into the str and look how many nerfs we've had because of it

    Point of least resistance. Rework Raid vs Reworking a Hero. Hero is quicker.
    Leader: Grey Area 51
  • Krakozyabr wrote: »
    This is the biggest nerf in the game so far, being honest
    And the way you have done it says the following:

    - there is nothing in game that is stable and won't be nerfed/"fixed"/changed
    - there is a huge chance that a nice character or mechanics that is currently present and used in the game will be nerfed. So why freaking bother playing more and investing in smh that is good now?! Why not to nerf Traya and Revan? They are more OP than poor Finn!
    - instead of just fixing the mistake you've missed while in C3PO development, you destroyed a hole team of 5 toons. So what should we expect in the future?
    - either fixing the new bug C3PO causing the problem, somehow it was much easier to just nerf a toon that has been a great addition to the roster for more than 2 years, BRAVO!

    This is just stupid. Nobody really cares about the raid so much... smb solos the P3 of the HSR, so what? You had to compile a team with certain mods, not just random and not TW and GA viable mods btw, and have those mods just for the HSR... nobody cares about swapping mods apart from some raid nerds.
    Every more or less capable guild can finish both HAAT and HSR, zFinn didn't give any real significant advantage especially when you say that HAAT solo was "ok". Why is that haat solo ok and p3 not ok? Traya is not meta anymore, g12 pieces can be bought... where is the deal?

    Im 4kk+ in a guild that is 200kk+ of GP and I use zFinn on GA and TW every single time. With these changes you've just killed a team that was highly used by many of us. We don't care about the raid, we care about TW and GA and that nerf directly affects the packs that we can use on offence. This is basically -1 team

    Refund his zeta is an absolute minimum to do.
    Heck, just go and name me another old leader ability (don't name Bastila, please) with a zeta so cool that it will make my 5 toons shine on TW and GA

    Just to add one thing... I see a lot of 4kk+ players loose interest in the game and leave because of what you have been doing since august. Those were people that have downloaded the game on a launch date. Back-pedalling toons is not the way to bring them back or keep the rest... this is just really sad

    Amen
  • Awesomite wrote: »
    There is a new CLS team that will take his place. CG didn’t fix anything.

    CLS isn't an auto-loop at least, you need to play manually plus you need an under-geared 3PO without a specific skill omegad. Ridiculously, seems like the fix most of us wanted - Traya stacking tenacity during topple - would only make running the CLS team easier.

    The worst part about this new team is that when the 3po event returns those people will already be aware of this loop so they can take advantage of "paper 3po" while anyone who geared him to the max will lose out.
    So they didn't really fix the problem, they created 2 new ones: people angry about Finn's zeta, 3po can still solo p3 (albeit undergeared and with a different team)
This discussion has been closed.