Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• miguelfoo
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    Ok do i have question. If they fix finn, so it's worth now invest to c3po? Ok I know he can work with kanye teams, but he most valiable with zfinn

Yes, C3PO has synergies with a lot of factions besides resistance, and it’s also useful in p1 of HSTR, full solo hAAT with RJT and can beat Revans with CLS.
  • Options
    So now with a paper 3cp0 you can auto P3 lmao!!!! So whats your move now CG nerf CLS and everybody else instead of fixing traya or the walking trash golden heap. This is hilarious. Truth be told 3cp0 and Revan both need nerfs but CG is afraid to touch whales property.

Stay tuned folks more autos inbound because CG won't pull their head out of their rears. Its laughable that the raid that has hurt the community SOOOOOO much for so long is now causing CG so much well deserved grief! Bravo! Bravo!

Star Wars - Galaxy of Burning Dumpster Fire
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Prediction: The refusal to return the zeta is a diversion to the nerf. In the 11th hour they will offer a return, and everyone will forget the nerf. Let's see if I'm right.

You are wrong, see the bold part of your statment, that will never be true. The forums are the elephants of the internet, they never forget.

The rest seems like a decent strategy.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Prediction: The refusal to return the zeta is a diversion to the nerf. In the 11th hour they will offer a return, and everyone will forget the nerf. Let's see if I'm right.

You are wrong, see the bold part of your statment, that will never be true. The forums are the elephants of the internet, they never forget.

The rest seems like a decent strategy.

I re-read your reply.. lol Ok so they never forget. I was being optimistic. :)
  • Options
    Are we taking bets the GG rework hits around the same time as the nerf goes live?
  • Moyo
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I also want the Zeta back, for me Finn was to raids, I didn’t use this character before, if you change the terms on him I want to decide about this zeta and materials, others characters are more important than Finn for me, please I want my zeta and materials tomorrow
  • Options
    Finn is completely broken now. I waited to test it out first. I tried it in tw against a team that i hade far more superior mods ang got waxed. pretty disgusting when stuff like this happens. This was a team i used every tw and ga with consistency and now is completely worthless. Cg @CG_TopHat you guys have been doing great for the most part but you got this one wrong imo. I would have rather you guys changed c3p0...... at least give us the opportunity to repurpose the zeta.

Its not live yet, i am not a fan at all, but it hasnt happend yet
  • Options
    Have I missed something? Did they explicitly say they're not refunding the zeta some place? Because all I see for dev posts is clarifications on how the TM reduction will be resistable. But I also see hella people talking like this is some sort of hard position that's been taken.

All I know is that if there's a plan to refund the zeta, they're not going to do it BEFORE the ability changes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Its sad and pretty pathetic on cgs part , but i think your right.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Have I missed something? Did they explicitly say they're not refunding the zeta some place? Because all I see for dev posts is clarifications on how the TM reduction will be resistable. But I also see hella people talking like this is some sort of hard position that's been taken.

All I know is that if there's a plan to refund the zeta, they're not going to do it BEFORE the ability changes.

Yes in the original post , last line. We will not be refunding the zeta.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

In the last paragraph
  • Options
    sipmw86ab43e.jpg
  • Options
    We have internal testing figures that place this new Finn team able to do about 20% of Phase 3 of the Heroic Sith Triumvirate.

Who is part of ‚this new Finn team‘ ?
  • Options
    Otsego wrote: »
    We have internal testing figures that place this new Finn team able to do about 20% of Phase 3 of the Heroic Sith Triumvirate.

Who is part of ‚this new Finn team‘ ?

Exactly, if it's anything used under JTR it's null and void
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    This is one of the worst PvP change ever. Basically reducing and restricting the lead from Finn.

I honestly don’t see how Finn Poe RT RP Holdo can take on KRU or Traya as it is as of now. You just nerfed one of the most fun team. Give 20 % TM gain for Poe whenever an enemy is exposed as well. And RP and Holdo.

But... But... you forgot GK led Jedi. If you're in arena rank 1M +, ZFinn will be so OP. GK led Jedi! SMH. Does anyone there play the game at all? I bet they started with "Revan led Jedi", figured it wouldn't work, "Bast led Jedi" , nope. "QGJ" ? Oh no... Oh look! works against GK led Jedi! Lol
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Just refund the zeta. Its simple. It is easy. Just Refund the zeta. I will be posting this every 24hours into this mass thread of them ignoring our feedback as they usually do.

I mean what, are they still just gonna keep trying to protect a now outdated Raid because it is already really old and should be entirely soloable by now?

CLS can still solo p3. Is CLS gonna be nerfed? Will the nerfs not stop until even the whiteknights who kiss you even when your trash turn against you?

What’s the team for CLS to solo p3?

It's a secret until they finish nerfing Finn.
    Nobody post it here! 😜

Bulldog1205 posted the vid on YouTube

It's a slow grind manual strat.... So they might allow it....can can do 8mil damage sure.. But you cripple a team that can do 10mil.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Guys, it's a game. I know, I have done my share of raging, but lately, I remind myself that all I have in the game, is time spent with like minded and mostly cool people. Let them mess with things, they will anyways, so why sweat it. Coast for a bit, work on your roster. Just login and do dailies. If your guild is too high pressure, find another. Hell we have 2 spots in GA51, and prolly 1 or 2 in our development guild. Point is, we're all just singing those gamer blues. No sense getting upset. Just relax and sit by the river quietly and watch it unfold. It's their sandbox. But it's our time. Nuff said?

Yoda said it best.. "Control, Control, you must learn Control!"
  • Options
    Amnesia021 wrote: »
    hopefully this doesn't get lost in the fire...

Is his TM removal checked by tenacity? or can it not be resisted?

Less important as his lead grants 60% extra potency. With BB8 and 3PO's buffs, all your toons would exceed 100% potency, which outdoes most toons' tenacity by 70% or so. Only the 15% check would apply in practice
  • Options
    Yoda said it best.. "Control, Control, you must learn Control!"

That’s not how forums work.
  • Options
    Whazn wrote: »
    2) add tenacity to traya, no other p3 strat relies on debuffs
    Deathmark in Chex Mix and Greedo mix?
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Minsk400 wrote: »
    Amnesia021 wrote: »
    hopefully this doesn't get lost in the fire...

Is his TM removal checked by tenacity? or can it not be resisted?

Less important as his lead grants 60% extra potency. With BB8 and 3PO's buffs, all your toons would exceed 100% potency, which outdoes most toons' tenacity by 70% or so. Only the 15% check would apply in practice
    Answer is still yes, any tenacity check would mean , yes there is a tenacity check , and so against lets say revan teams , who get bonus tenacity, umm yeah good luck
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Just here for my Daily "Refund Finn's Lead Zeta" post.

That's all you have to do, come on, we know you can do it.

Let us decide if we agree with your changes. I mean nerfs.
  • Options
    So the only reason i zeted my finn lead was for the light side tb at the time and use in haat raid phase 2.

And i never got round to full devolping the team out due full solo teams being a much more efficent goal and sith raid.

I not only incevested in both poe and finn for this that i would not otherwise have incested in untill jtr and only then to get past that team i would have only needed finn.

So thats 2 toons taken to gear 8-9, all the skills invested into and the zetas as well as omegas that will now be fluff gp, with the length of time it takes to farm and gear up teams i am ot going to be even considering a finn team lead for years unless magicaly he fits i the sith raid p3 team which i have not yet settled on which meets my best farming plan yet.

In a game that now has 2 modes that penalise you for having an overinflated gp of which a zeta is a huge boost to, i think the least that could be done is a refund to the zeta.

And seriously cg you can check my account activty for how much i use finn these days as it is.

You have set the precendent with previous reworks that a zeta refund is par for the course

Barris - signifcantly changed and lessened effect
    Zombie - about the same inngame impact but could no longer work at lower gear and killed a zeta benifit from this

Finn - signidcantly changed focus - are you aware finn is used a free to play/low resource team to beat traya teams and this will not be possiable now...if we are not getting a free to play low gearing intenisty replacment option to beat traya i would ask again why are we not getting the zeta refunded.

I hope this is construcitve and helps you see why so many are not happy about this and why this zeta refund which costs nothing finaclly and i might also add with a heavy gear driod faction rework due soon if people have the zeta to invest they are more likly to invest in the driod team than if they do not have one spare.
  • Options
    varkesh wrote: »
    So the only reason i zeted my finn lead was for the light side tb at the time and use in haat raid phase 2.

And i never got round to full devolping the team out due full solo teams being a much more efficent goal and sith raid.

I not only incevested in both poe and finn for this that i would not otherwise have incested in untill jtr and only then to get past that team i would have only needed finn.

So thats 2 toons taken to gear 8-9, all the skills invested into and the zetas as well as omegas that will now be fluff gp, with the length of time it takes to farm and gear up teams i am ot going to be even considering a finn team lead for years unless magicaly he fits i the sith raid p3 team which i have not yet settled on which meets my best farming plan yet.

In a game that now has 2 modes that penalise you for having an overinflated gp of which a zeta is a huge boost to, i think the least that could be done is a refund to the zeta.

And seriously cg you can check my account activty for how much i use finn these days as it is.

You have set the precendent with previous reworks that a zeta refund is par for the course

Barris - signifcantly changed and lessened effect
    Zombie - about the same inngame impact but could no longer work at lower gear and killed a zeta benifit from this

Finn - signidcantly changed focus - are you aware finn is used a free to play/low resource team to beat traya teams and this will not be possiable now...if we are not getting a free to play low gearing intenisty replacment option to beat traya i would ask again why are we not getting the zeta refunded.

I hope this is construcitve and helps you see why so many are not happy about this and why this zeta refund which costs nothing finaclly and i might also add with a heavy gear driod faction rework due soon if people have the zeta to invest they are more likly to invest in the driod team than if they do not have one spare.

That last line is why. They dont want to , they want you to spend to power up toons. Which is reasonable, they need to make money. But if you completely change the way a zeta works, it needs to be refunded plain and simple.
  • Options
    Please refund our Zetas. Instead of changing YOUR boring raid, you decided to change OUR efficient character outside of the raid. This is NOT what we spent our money, time, abilities/materials, mods, credits, etc on. This is complete asinine if you don’t refund us. That’s like us paying for a chicken sandwich and in the middle of eating it, you bring out half of a medium-rare hamburger to insert into our chicken sandwiches while taking the chicken away. We wanted chicken dammit, so give us a refund!
  • Options
    Please refund our Zetas. Instead of changing YOUR boring raid, you decided to change OUR efficient character outside of the raid. This is NOT what we spent our money, time, abilities/materials, mods, credits, etc on. This is complete asinine if you don’t refund us. That’s like us paying for a chicken sandwich and in the middle of eating it, you bring out half of a medium-rare hamburger to insert into our chicken sandwiches while taking the chicken away. We wanted chicken dammit, so give us a refund!

Or our chicken back
  • Options
    Losing the 35 percent turn meter gains is a big lip Biter. But let's see about the rest, his Basic now has better damage, a new Ability is always welcome. The part about gaining advantage when losing foresight, calling this useless I dont Know think this helped with Having Holdo on the team. So over all I see a potential lose of My Finn trio I save for TW offense when using JTr on defense. His TM removal is not going to work on Vader or raid bosses that cant have TM removed. Like the AAt phase 2. So losing that kind of speed, it's going to hurt. Now in PvP, this may help in controlling threats on the field, expose landing pending. He will either remain a solid contributor for my TW and GA, or will sit on the shelf covered with dust and be remembered for the gains he helped me make in the game. I really Hope this is not a R I P for such a wonderful toon.
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

I’m more of a dark side kind of guy
This discussion has been closed.