Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

  • APX_919
    2406 posts Member
    Someone protects p3 like it is their firstborn, as if changing it is anathema and antithetical. No, everyone else must change around. My baby is perfect!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • CG has not implemented counters and limiters in the game yet. After an action has been done so many times it needs to be prevented. Zombie revives, Enfys stacking protection, TM loops all of them could have some counters that only work up to a certain amount of times.

    I just think CG overcomplicated kits at some point, I think it all started with Rey Jedi training and it's been an on going phenomenon since then.
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Someone protects p3 like it is their firstborn, as if changing it is anathema and antithetical. No, everyone else must change around. My baby is perfect!

    No it's not, a singles squad able to do more damage than all others combined is pure insanity and to support that is kind of sad. Don't tell me that I should spend one hour on the raid, throw in 10 squads and another guy can outdps me with a single team, it's beyond unfair and it would make all players lose interest in the raid.
  • 🍿👀
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    I knew his kit looked game breaking in P1. Sad I never got to try it. Good job CG for properly play testing and catching the issue ahead of time.

    I knew we would be able to do a ton of damage. But I’ll admit I don’t see an actual infinite loop. Now it’s driving me crazy that I’m missing it. Anyone know what the loop was?

    Probably the TM reduction to DN and gain to resistance, coupled with RJT and RT?

    The TM reduction from Finns lead would just get resisted though. So would the exposes. A JTR lead has to be better, right? Finn in a JTR lead would have been hitting for over 500k on his special by the end of the battle but I see nothing on either his lead or specials that would change the # of attacks you can get in.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Is there still any point to this thread though? If this rework isn't happening, we may as well wait for whatever comes next.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Is there still any point to this thread though? If this rework isn't happening, we may as well wait for whatever comes next.

    That's the thing though, their implying that regardless of how long this thread is that their still nerfing zFinn but that they need to nerf him another way because it's now causing P1 loops.

    I'm glad they're updating us and sharing results, but it still feels like every suggestion/concern we've stated is falling on deaf ears :/

    I just hope they leave zFinn alone since with the arrival of Darth Revan, PVP is going to become even more of a hot mess (especially with Revan finally taking over 90% of the meta...).
  • Otsego
    45 posts Member
    for god‘s sake, let the sithraid go.
    people find ways to beat it faster ? good ! very good ! don‘t mess around with this raid anymore, the raid is yesterdays news.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Is there still any point to this thread though? If this rework isn't happening, we may as well wait for whatever comes next.

    That's the thing though, their implying that regardless of how long this thread is that their still nerfing zFinn but that they need to nerf him another way because it's now causing P1 loops.

    I'm glad they're updating us and sharing results, but it still feels like every suggestion/concern we've stated is falling on deaf ears :/

    I just hope they leave zFinn alone since with the arrival of Darth Revan, PVP is going to become even more of a hot mess (especially with Revan finally taking over 90% of the meta...).

    Bravo. But we're talking to the hand. CG has already announced they want to further nerf the nerfed zFinn. and nerf HK47 too now (who was good at beating the Forest Moon ewok event). The only viable toons they will leave are the ones you have to PAY for.C$G$
  • It’s been 3 months going on 4 that I’ve been able to solo P3 with zFinn and 3PO. And it’s starting to look that there’s no way to fix this without nerfing zFinn into oblivion never to be used again or giving HSR a change/boost that can potentially lead to other teams having issues with the HSR. Just leave it as is. There will come a time when all of HSR is autoable. Just like Pit and just like HAAT. Do we really want to drastically change a character to prevent the inevitable?
  • Its not because of the raids, its because finn can destroy revan
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Its not because of the raids, its because finn can destroy revan

    It’s definitely because of the raids. It says so in the latest update. JKR is old news now it won’t net them anymore money now.
  • Would make more sense to concentrate on a new really shiny ship raid, instead of working on a character Kit wich is good as it is.
    Yes Finn is able to beat Revan, yes Finn will be able to beat Darth Revan, but only on offense and most of the people can't do it with their zfinn... Leave him as he is. A good character for Raids, tb, tk, ga. That's it...
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Its not because of the raids, its because finn can destroy revan

    It’s definitely because of the raids. It says so in the latest update. JKR is old news now it won’t net them anymore money now.

    The raid is well over a year old, they can say whatever they want, we know the real reason why they want to nerf finn, just how they "fixed" paper zombie because of the raid, oh, no it was because they were so good in arena, and waited for an excuse to nerf them
  • I know if we don't have to restart and try 20 times to get a perfect run they get a rework. Time to let these toons have their time
  • This is ridiculous and the lack of QC is outrageous. You're going the wrong way with Finn over a raid that eventually will be auto'd by guilds as OP said.

    Your testing and quality checks are pre-k and constantly putting out things that require toons to be reworked is absolutely ridiculous.
  • I support the new version.

    Dont care about revan, I have trash mods anyway, no way to win.

    With the new version at least my finn can be good in the other area, or face other teams in TW/GA.
  • Reptillor wrote: »
    What you need to do to fix the loop is fix c3p0.. that is it. He is the error. There are 4 more infinite loops and their core is based off of him. Stop being blanks and get off your blank. Or eat a blank and blank yourself..

    But that's part of the problem. zFinn seriously hampers the creativity of new toons, because the endless loop he has even without c3pO.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Its not because of the raids, its because finn can destroy revan

    It’s definitely because of the raids. It says so in the latest update. JKR is old news now it won’t net them anymore money now.

    The raid is well over a year old, they can say whatever they want, we know the real reason why they want to nerf finn, just how they "fixed" paper zombie because of the raid, oh, no it was because they were so good in arena, and waited for an excuse to nerf them

    You’re completely wrong lol. Stop it. Get some help.
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Its not because of the raids, its because finn can destroy revan

    It’s definitely because of the raids. It says so in the latest update. JKR is old news now it won’t net them anymore money now.

    The raid is well over a year old, they can say whatever they want, we know the real reason why they want to nerf finn, just how they "fixed" paper zombie because of the raid, oh, no it was because they were so good in arena, and waited for an excuse to nerf them

    You’re completely wrong lol. Stop it. Get some help.

    What do you think they care about more? A raid people know the teams, have farmed the teams, or a toon that even to this day, people are spending on crystals to farm the toons needed, you can carry on being a sheep listening to CG, or you can wake up and see that all they want is your money, they don't care about this raid, no matter what they say
  • mvs84
    33 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I didn't mention any compensation specifically for zFinn because we found additional issues. We will re-evaluate his refund status once we know how we intend to fix him.

    In short, it's not off the table but we will decide once we know the scope of the changes.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198217/upcoming-character-changes#latest
    this seems pretty clear that the previous blanket decision about there not being a refund has been changed. so we can all wait to see what the future brings and the new decision based on that situation.

    This is enough for me. This should close all criticisms until they pronounced again.
    They don't apply the rework yet, they are working on offer us something tested, and the best... they are going to re-evaluate the refund.

    Now, even that many of us don't want the change, at least we have the possibility of getting a refund. Something that before was NO.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Its not because of the raids, its because finn can destroy revan

    It’s definitely because of the raids. It says so in the latest update. JKR is old news now it won’t net them anymore money now.

    The raid is well over a year old, they can say whatever they want, we know the real reason why they want to nerf finn, just how they "fixed" paper zombie because of the raid, oh, no it was because they were so good in arena, and waited for an excuse to nerf them

    You’re completely wrong lol. Stop it. Get some help.

    What do you think they care about more? A raid people know the teams, have farmed the teams, or a toon that even to this day, people are spending on crystals to farm the toons needed, you can carry on being a sheep listening to CG, or you can wake up and see that all they want is your money, they don't care about this raid, no matter what they say

    I don't think the only thing CG Team cares about is money. But I do kinda get your point. CG is a business, and business's number one goal is to be profitable. But I believe people at CG are regular normal everyday working people who care about the game, who care about the community, who care about your experience. I also see your point of view that you feel CG doesn't care about your experience and is only after your money.

    From recent communication about zFinn zeta changes, and re-opening the idea that they may refund the zeta, shows CG team is listening. The rollback of banning toons in TW shows CG team is listening. There are numerous other real life examples that shows CG is listening.

    I think the problem actually lies in the fact that CG team doesn't respond to the community on the forums fast enough, which is difficult in a light speed internet where a news cycle occurs in minutes.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • You can't kill HKs leadership without refunding all resources spent on droids. He is the only thing that makes the teams that have been built have decent (and we are taking about 7-10 not even top 5.
  • YaeVizsla
    3445 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    The raid is well over a year old, they can say whatever they want, we know the real reason why they want to nerf finn, just how they "fixed" paper zombie because of the raid, oh, no it was because they were so good in arena, and waited for an excuse to nerf them
    Fixing paper zombie was a huge shot in the arm for Nightsisters, and substantially improved their arena viability. It was firmly not a nerf.

    And the raid loop was not an excuse. It was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Finn's been a design problem for a long time, just like HK-47 has. Once they're resolved, maybe Resistance and Droids will be able to have nice things.
    I think the problem actually lies in the fact that CG team doesn't respond to the community on the forums fast enough, which is difficult in a light speed internet where a news cycle occurs in minutes.
    It's not just speed of news.

    It's the speed and aggression with which everything is dissected. Statements have to be vetted because everything will be proliferated and warped and interpreted in the most extreme manner possible. They've been berated en masse over adverbs. And remember when people blew, "exceed expectations," up into believing General Grievous would dethrone Revan and were ticked at CG when he didn't?

    So statements of significance have to be drafted and vetted.
    Still not a he.
  • I don’t see why we wouldn’t get a refund now. They are refunding ability mats for hk lead because it is drastically changed. How was zfinn not drastically changed in the previous nerf details. Should of been an automatic “we are going to refund the ability mats for Finn”. At this point I think they should give everyone an extra zeta and take us out for beers for the grief they have caused.
  • HarryTDF wrote: »
    I don’t see why we wouldn’t get a refund now. They are refunding ability mats for hk lead because it is drastically changed. How was zfinn not drastically changed in the previous nerf details. Should of been an automatic “we are going to refund the ability mats for Finn”. At this point I think they should give everyone an extra zeta and take us out for beers for the grief they have caused.

    It's an open item, depending on where CG team finally settles on Finn's rework, after their initial proposal caused more problems. At this point, we can only wait and see; however, the community's responses to not having Finn's lead zeta refunded is no longer an issue.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
This discussion has been closed.