Revan and the falcon have destroyed diversity

Replies

• Javick_Starage
    502 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Current meta is frustrating but let’s not pretend that there was this great diversity in either arena before Revan or HMF.

To be fair pre-revan their were quite a few teams floating around my arena shard top 50.

EP sith teams
    Traya sith teams
    CLS 3P0 teams
    NS teams (albeit god modded)

Now, almost EVERY team in my arena shard looks like this:

Revan, GK, GMY, Jolee, Bastilla/Hyoda.

Here’s a meta report to back this up taking ranks 1-100

cxf7kam2igau.png
    xhfz4axsa0fc.png
  • Options
    Ive come to terms with this game. There will never be as much diversity like there was when the game was first released.

When Revan first came there was more diversity. Now that he has come back around and people have caught up to the meta....the lack of diversity is even worse. My shards top50 only has 3 non Revan teams now.

We thought GG was gonna change that but nope he isn’t the Droid we were looking for.

We won’t get diversity until the new pay to play toon is released which will probably be Malak or Darth Revan. Once that event comes back around again then we are gonna be where we are now.

I continue to play this game not because it’s fun but because it’s a habit. I’ve put in so much time and some money into this game. Lately I’ve been thinking about just quitting cause I don’t find it fun anymore.

After 3 years this game feels like a cat chasing its tail. We always chasing the meta and will always chase the meta. It’s mever gonna end cause the Star Wars franchise has more characters then probably any other franchise in history.
  • Options
    Ive come to terms with this game. There will never be as much diversity like there was when the game was first released.

When Revan first came there was more diversity. Now that he has come back around and people have caught up to the meta....the lack of diversity is even worse. My shards top50 only has 3 non Revan teams now.

We thought GG was gonna change that but nope he isn’t the Droid we were looking for.

We won’t get diversity until the new pay to play toon is released which will probably be Malak or Darth Revan. Once that event comes back around again then we are gonna be where we are now.

I continue to play this game not because it’s fun but because it’s a habit. I’ve put in so much time and some money into this game. Lately I’ve been thinking about just quitting cause I don’t find it fun anymore.

After 3 years this game feels like a cat chasing its tail. We always chasing the meta and will always chase the meta. It’s mever gonna end cause the Star Wars franchise has more characters then probably any other franchise in history.

If you’re not enjoying it, maybe stop or take a break?

Keeping at it because you’ve invested to much already isn’t a great reason. One could make the same argument for staying in a failed marriage.

Personally I’ve just accepted that I am where I am. I’ve curbed my spending significantly by having a set amount I farm every day based on crystal income.

I’ve also accepted I won’t get every legendary and if you don’t have it within the first 2-3 rotations of the event it’s probably not worth it, especially for pvp as you’re better off investing whatever is coming out new. Power creep is real
  • Options
    You can win revan or falcon without revan or falcon team but revan or falcon team kill you so easily that it's so stupid to not play these team
  • Options
    Lol... it is the same kind of thread everytime the meta in the arena change. :D
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Lol... it is the same kind of thread everytime the meta in the arena change. :D

But this time 80% of top 100 player who play with same leader... so it's not exactly the same kind of thread everytime the meta in the arena change.

It's remind me force arena and see the result : the game end
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Virtually all of the top 50 in ranked are now the same carbon copy revan teams.

Same with ships, you either have the falcon or you don’t, there’s no in between.

And within the "have the Falcon" tier, there is another layer, which is "you either sunk a massive amount of resources into Bistan and SRP to make Bistan's ship really fast, or you didn't."

Getting your own Falcon destroyed before you get your first turn is pretty cool, let me tell you.

I have to say, I've been a pretty staunch defender of the ship portion of the game, but the Falcon really has made it very dull and frustrating. Before I could win almost all the time against an even or slightly-superior opponent if I played my cards right. Now it basically comes down to whose team calls a more ludicrous number of assists.

Bistan isnt the be all and end all, but it does put the odds in your favour. You do have to analyze the speeds though:

Falc faster than bistan- use HT falc biggs
    Falc slower than bistan- use SF falc biggs

Tried and tested for both, generally a 2 in 3 chance of winning as far as i've experienced.

But yea, diversity is gone. SA is ridiculous with revans all the way down into the 100s
  • Options
    Revan cost alot of ppl tons of irl money and made the devs a bunchload, GG is a pretty much free handout, ofource he will not be competative towards their Paywall style of gaming.

arena and fleet arena is worth pressing auto twice per day and thats that, there is absolutly no balance as revan and falcon has destroyed any shred of fun.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Same with ships, you either have the falcon or you don’t, there’s no in between.

Can we have some balacing patches or new hard counter teams so we can get back towards a rock / paper / scissor mentally.

I farmed hard for Revan and have him fully geared but the mirror matches are already stale.

I’ll have the falcon next time but right now there’s no point even trying to beat a falcon squad. I’m dead before I’ve called my second reinforcement.

Bring balance to the force... I mean game.

Funny, I don't have the Falcon (yet) and I'm on top 20/30 in my shard and I compete with guys who have it. It doesn't matter how good your ships are, the ship arena is much more dependent on RNG, there are days that I don't win a single battle against the same guys I use to fight and other days I win all five with no struggle. So the **** is not really breaking anything, I'd say that the Hound's Tooth is way more important in the ship arena right now.

As for Revan if you can't beat mirror matches, that's on you. I always fall from 20/25 to 40/60 everyday and I always crawls back to top 50 against mirror matches, some I win, some I lose. It's part of staying in the meta.

Don't worry, as soon as Darth Revan arrives the Sith will rule the Meta and we shall have peace.

• Options

Can we have some balacing patches or new hard counter teams so we can get back towards a rock / paper / scissor mentally.

I farmed hard for Revan and have him fully geared but the mirror matches are already stale.

I’ll have the falcon next time but right now there’s no point even trying to beat a falcon squad. I’m dead before I’ve called my second reinforcement.

Bring balance to the force... I mean game.

Funny, I don't have the Falcon (yet) and I'm on top 20/30 in my shard and I compete with guys who have it. It doesn't matter how good your ships are, the ship arena is much more dependent on RNG, there are days that I don't win a single battle against the same guys I use to fight and other days I win all five with no struggle. So the **** is not really breaking anything, I'd say that the Hound's Tooth is way more important in the ship arena right now.

As for Revan if you can't beat mirror matches, that's on you. I always fall from 20/25 to 40/60 everyday and I always crawls back to top 50 against mirror matches, some I win, some I lose. It's part of staying in the meta.

Don't worry, as soon as Darth Revan arrives the Sith will rule the Meta and we shall have peace.

Hounds tooth is vital in ships I agree, and it is significantly over powered. (Plus since when is bossk renowned as a piltot)

The falcon is just as bad however because I’m my experience it’s unbeatable except via mirror match. I barely take a turn and I’m dead.

Plus to have the falcon you must have HT so it’s kind of a given I guess.
  • Options
    I've found falcon ship squads to be fairly beat-able without having the falcon. Even at 7*, there are a lot of faster ships out there that can take it out quickly. Imperial Tie Fighter and Poe's X-wing can both get in hits before an enemy falcon (or HT) gets a turn, so between those two you can take out the falcon in the first two hits, and then just cruise for the rest of the battle. And both of those ships/pilots are FTP and have been around for a long time.
  • Options
    While I agree that arenas are quite stale, I cannot accept arguments as valid that state they were able to get #1 in fleet before falcon consistently. If you were and you didn’t unlock falcon, it imply means that you managed your resources (400 crystals per day buys you a lot of things) incorrectly. An extended period of success in fleet arena should have more than set you up to unlock or even 7* the new millennium falcon.

The Revan meta is extremely boring, I concur.
  • Options
    Kmyre wrote: »
    While I agree that arenas are quite stale, I cannot accept arguments as valid that state they were able to get #1 in fleet before falcon consistently. If you were and you didn’t unlock falcon, it imply means that you managed your resources (400 crystals per day buys you a lot of things) incorrectly. An extended period of success in fleet arena should have more than set you up to unlock or even 7* the new millennium falcon.

I’m not saying that the falcon is unfarmable I’m pretty close to ready. And I was never #1

But, without the falcon I feel I’m completely unable to compete with any team that has it.

I have Anakin and TFP to try and inflict buff immunity to clear HT quickly but it never works.

The falcon chews through my defense almost immediately.

Sigh
  • Options
    The game has been like that since CLS, the reason why the shards don't have diversity is not because of the game changing mechanics, but due to the players have learned how to get the best characters in the most efficient ways, including F2P...

Diversity wasn't due to the META teams were unbeatable, it was because players were forced to find strategies around toons they didn't had, now instead the focus resources efficiently to quickly catch the META

Now we have to wait for Darth "Whoever" is coming to get a change in toon arena and for the Sith Capital ship for the ship arena,,,
  • Options
    There was quite a large diversity after first coming of Revan. There is no diversity now due how easily he is obtainable. So it comes down that some of you are complaining that game is not enough P2W and if that is the case than L2P.
  • Options
    I see threads like this and always wonder when the OP has been for the last 3 years.
  • Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    There was quite a large diversity after first coming of Revan. There is no diversity now due how easily he is obtainable. So it comes down that some of you are complaining that game is not enough P2W and if that is the case than L2P.

Easily obtainable?

5 characters required to unlock him and none of them from any stores.

Yeah. Super easy.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »

Easily obtainable?

5 characters required to unlock him and none of them from any stores.

Yeah. Super easy.

Yes, he was quite easy to get the second time, but whether you consider it easy is really beside the point. He’s everywhere now because so many people have him. There was more diversity prior to the second event because far fewer people had him. If everyone had gotten him the first time, there would have been no diversity then either. If the next meta that’s released (be it Darth Revan or not) is difficult to obtain there will again be diversity due to people having no choice but to run something else because they didn’t get it.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Isnt CLS doing this long time ago?
    And JTR, EP, traya...

I see no difference.

Yes that's true, when they change palp, his king in jungle. I beat revan my cls squad, not easy, sometimes I lose if it's bad rng, but I'm still in top 50. For me it's fine. I not investment to jtr I have her, but dont want put to her 2 zetas, and 1 to bb8. For me its waste resources.
    About falcon, nothing change a lot, when ht comes all tell dame: meta.
    But I know, have my falcon 7, but can beat enemy with empire too.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    For those of you who apparently have not played this game for 3 years, here is the game cycle:

1. Meta Defining Character Released as Legendary or unlocked as Raid Reward.
    2. Within the month Top 20-30 teams in an arena shard obtain said character. Teams containing character make up ~20-40% of meta.
    3. One month later soft Counter character one is released allowing previous meta to still compete.
    4. Two-Three months later Meta defining character comes around for 2nd time or more guilds complete heroic. Teams containing character make up (70-90%) of meta.
    5. People get bored.
    7. Another month later another Soft counter character released. Some people use this character in arena out of boredom. Meta defining character presence dips to ~75% of meta.
    8. Another month later, a New Meta defining character released or unlocked.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.
  • Options
    Malak or Darth Revan or something will come in a month or two. Then it will be more even.
  • Options

I’m not saying that the falcon is unfarmable I’m pretty close to ready. And I was never #1

But, without the falcon I feel I’m completely unable to compete with any team that has it.

I have Anakin and TFP to try and inflict buff immunity to clear HT quickly but it never works.

Sigh

How’s your ITF and Poe?
  • Options
    There was definitely a period after Falcon dropped where fleet was divided into haves and have-nots. But I have noticed, just in the last week or so, some of the old contenders creeping back into the ranks. These are guys with well developed fleets, but no Falcon, displacing Falcon fleets. It's encouraging and depressing at the same time. Encouraging because it means hopefully that the second run of HMF event won't turn fleet into Revan-rena part 2. Depressing because I run HMF and I liked using 1 battle a day to move from 2, 3, 4, 5 to 1.

I'll gladly surrender the HMF deadlock if it means fleet doesn't turn into squad arena part 2 (except worse because while you can always farm better mods ships are static once maxed).
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

Sigh

How’s your ITF and Poe?

My tie fighter is good but hound always seems to shrug off the buff immunity.

Poe I haven’t geared or finished his ship so not too good. I hear he’s a decent replacement so might throw him in.
  • Options
    Revan now holds the top 85/100 top slots in my arena. The last Revan event just about destroyed arena at the top levels for anyone but Revan. I hate to say it, they just made Revan too much. It will be very difficult for any balance in the system from here on out. They created a problem I am not sure they can find an answer for anymore. Relative parity of characters is gone. We have come to a point that it is worthless to farm anything that isn’t META or needed for META gaining. Farming characters for fun is now a hinderance in both grand arena and these characters, such as Farm Boy Luke, have little utility value anymore. I am sad, as I hoped GG would have helped bring balance to the force.
  • DeWannaWonga
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Sigh

How’s your ITF and Poe?

My tie fighter is good but hound always seems to shrug off the buff immunity.

Poe I haven’t geared or finished his ship so not too good. I hear he’s a decent replacement so might throw him in.

Assuming my itf crits I can kill millenium falcon 4 seconds into the fight

Edited to avoid confusion. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

And within the "have the Falcon" tier, there is another layer, which is "you either sunk a massive amount of resources into Bistan and SRP to make Bistan's ship really fast, or you didn't."

Getting your own Falcon destroyed before you get your first turn is pretty cool, let me tell you.

I have to say, I've been a pretty staunch defender of the ship portion of the game, but the Falcon really has made it very dull and frustrating. Before I could win almost all the time against an even or slightly-superior opponent if I played my cards right. Now it basically comes down to whose team calls a more ludicrous number of assists.

Bistan isnt the be all and end all, but it does put the odds in your favour. You do have to analyze the speeds though:

Falc faster than bistan- use HT falc biggs
    Falc slower than bistan- use SF falc biggs

Tried and tested for both, generally a 2 in 3 chance of winning as far as i've experienced.

But yea, diversity is gone. SA is ridiculous with revans all the way down into the 100s

Yeah, I've figured out how to work around it, it was just the first time I had my Falcon blown up before I could even do anything it was just like...what.

I manage to get to #1 most days with my Falcon and so-so Rebels (G12 Biggs, the rest are G9-11), but there are still days that are incredibly frustrating. Earlier this week I didn't even place top 5 because I lost all five of my daily matches, all against teams I'd beaten many times before.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    One thing that's hilarious is that the reason they claimed they went to 3v3 ships is because there was one dominant meta only to make it even worse after learning nothing