Revan and the falcon have destroyed diversity

Replies

• Miladog
    10 posts Member
    Options
    There is a NS team in my shard that can climb to top #1 with either lvl 1 NS Spirit as 5th or unmodded, blue geared lvl 51 Intiate. Other are Talzin, Daka, Asaji and Zombie. He beats over 310 speed Revans. When there is a will to beat meta there is a way!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    I run my shard chart and we all have been playing together for about a year now. We have built friendships with almost everyone in the top 100 in the time we've been playing. We are no mafia like most chats are but sometimes it takes that one person to say enough is enough and demand change. That's exactly what I did and most people are on board with this fun concept. This obviously can't take place in every shard but I think if people start doing it, aw05nvn60bt7.jpg
    more and more people will follow suite. I'm banning Revans in my shard one day at a time.

Not a mafia, but if they dont run what you say they get sniped...... (i get most are on board and it sounds fun... just thought the not a mafia was funny i wish inwas in your shard.... that does sound SUPER fun...

Maybe they should make arena like that only certain factions on certain days.....

Heh would love to see ya all trying to snipe the falcon guys who dont wanna play lolol GL with that
  • Options
    I see threads like this and always wonder when the OP has been for the last 3 years.

Im wondering where youve been. Every past meta youll generally see different leads and comps once you get outside the top 15-20. Ive never seen this many people running the same squad in the top 100 at any point in the game

You answered your own question. I bolded it for you. I have never been outside of that range. And on my specific shard, the main meta squad has made up almost all of the top 50 multiple times during this game.

Im so glad to know youve never left the top 15. You must be so proud

Anyways, previous meta teams could always be beat by other comps, some of which could be different. People just never run them in the top 15-20 because being different gets you targeted. Revan is too OP to allow that diversity

Did I state I was proud? I merely stated fact.

Revan is also able to be beaten by other comps. That's not an issue. At a minimum, sith, rebels, jtr, finn, droids can beat him. But as you stated "People just never run them in the top 15-20 because being different gets you targeted."

Just like every other meta ever.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Options
    Is Revan really the problem? He’s not that bad in and of himself. Maybe the problem is GM Yoda. Yoda hits ridiculously hard, ridiculously fast, and when paired with the synergy of the Old Republic Jedi, he’s ridiculously overpowered. Remove him and the team’s still tough but becomes more manageable. An easy remedy would be to make non-Old Republic Jedi like Yoda less compatible with the Old Republic, especially Revan. Rework Visas to make her an OR Jedi replacement for GM Yoda, and adjust the team’s synergy to exclusively revolve around Old Republic. Revan, Bastila, Juhani, Jolee, and Visas.

Let GM Yoda lead his time period’s Jedi. They reworked his leader just to replace it a day later with the addition of Bastila, and later Revan. Let the frog do his own thing. With the Clone Wars coming back, buff up Mace Windu and crew so they can run with GM Yoda.

that's true
  • Options
    The reason arena is messed up because all the kotor crybabies cries for Revan for so long and no he’s essentially ruined the game on some aspects
  • Options
    This is all by design and will drive up profit margins when the next big thing arrives. Get everyone as motivated as possible to buy it when it shows up. Droideka/B1 was the feint, the real charge is coming.

FY Q2 is coming to a close at the end of this month, it won't be long now.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I see threads like this and always wonder when the OP has been for the last 3 years.

Im wondering where youve been. Every past meta youll generally see different leads and comps once you get outside the top 15-20. Ive never seen this many people running the same squad in the top 100 at any point in the game

You answered your own question. I bolded it for you. I have never been outside of that range. And on my specific shard, the main meta squad has made up almost all of the top 50 multiple times during this game.

Im so glad to know youve never left the top 15. You must be so proud

Anyways, previous meta teams could always be beat by other comps, some of which could be different. People just never run them in the top 15-20 because being different gets you targeted. Revan is too OP to allow that diversity

Did I state I was proud? I merely stated fact.

Revan is also able to be beaten by other comps. That's not an issue. At a minimum, sith, rebels, jtr, finn, droids can beat him. But as you stated "People just never run them in the top 15-20 because being different gets you targeted."

Just like every other meta ever.

Two things:

1) Just because a team CAN be beaten, does NOT mean it's not ridiculously overpowered (which Revan is).

2) This is not like every other meta ever. No other meta has seen 85%+ usage rates in the top 100....ever. Not in 3+ years has there been a less diverse (hence, more boring) arena meta than now. Congrats to CG for figuring out ways to decrease player enjoyment in 3+ years.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    It's not revan's fault he's op. It's cg/ea that made him this way. By the end of 2019 there will be another op character placed behind the paywall and that's the meaning of all this: money. They needed a character that would round up a fiscal year with a bang, people where hyping revan, so they made revan meta, and they made him expensive. As well it could be Starkiller or Snoke or something else like unmasked Vader, as long as it creates profit. Now revan is hated even by kotor fanboys because of ea greed and those **** mirror matches.
    As for me, I play the last cls team on my shard and I'm doing fine enough. Sure i get sniped and fall hard overnight but i have 95% winning rate against revan teams and i get to the top 5 easily on p/o, and even first place if I have time to fight back other people. A plus is that my fights take about 2 minutes and are fun to watch. I had episode playing revan, i didn't fall that hard overnight but it was plain disgusting playing mirrors..
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    kieltrx wrote: »
    It's not revan's fault he's op. It's cg/ea that made him this way. By the end of 2019 there will be another op character placed behind the paywall and that's the meaning of all this: money. They needed a character that would round up a fiscal year with a bang, people where hyping revan, so they made revan meta, and they made him expensive. As well it could be Starkiller or Snoke or something else like unmasked Vader, as long as it creates profit. Now revan is hated even by kotor fanboys because of ea greed and those **** mirror matches.
    As for me, I play the last cls team on my shard and I'm doing fine enough. Sure i get sniped and fall hard overnight but i have 95% winning rate against revan teams and i get to the top 5 easily on p/o, and even first place if I have time to fight back other people. A plus is that my fights take about 2 minutes and are fun to watch. I had episode playing revan, i didn't fall that hard overnight but it was plain disgusting playing mirrors..

I agree. Incidentally, I play CLS on offense and swap in Revan after payout to stop the fall.

But all of the people in my guild and arena chat who only run Revan hate it. They play 5-10 matches every day - against the same mirror team, with half ending in a timeout if they have bad RNG - unless they have a huge speed advantage due to mods (imagine that, speed is STILL the only thing that matters).

In 3+ years of playing this is, by far, the most boring arena has ever been. And it's not close.

As you say, at least with CLS, the battles end in 2 minutes and it's easy if you know what you're doing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Are you just pretending or do you honestly believe that? My shard is 90% Revan in the top 100 and which teams are those mysterious people you are talking about running against Revan? There is no good counter against Revan.

And even if you tell me: “What is your problem? Just get Revan yourself. He’s not that hard to get.” Then you are just confirming the issue in the first place. Revan destroyed diversity.

How do you think the top 300 in arena will look like after Revan came around a 3rd time?

Making a character so OP like Revan was a big mistake. Making him widely available was an even bigger mistake...

There are multiple good counters against Revan. zFinn/RT/C3PO/Han/Chewie is a popular one. CLS/Han/Chewie/C3PO/+1 (R2, Thrawn are the common options) is another popular one. Then there's JTRey/BB8/R2/C3PO+1 (Nest was the most common, but droideka is now becoming viable in that spot). And of course, tanky Traya, DN, Sion, Thrawn +1 (D. Bast or B2) is a fourth counter squad. Just because you don't see these teams (or refuse to admit it) doesn't mean that they aren't used on mature shards.

I'm on a very "Mature Shard," and all 50 of the top 50 are Revan. Yes, it is fairly simple to defeat a moderately modded Revan team, but well modded Revan teams are almost impossible to beat consistently. I have a very well modded CLS team and can only beat a Top 20 modded Revan team maybe 1 out of every 4 times. I know exactly the process of defeating Revan teams and everything. Bottom line is, there is no diversity any more. "Rock, Paper, Scissors" is long gone and I think MobileGamer/Ahnald made a good point when they said they don't think that the devs intentionally meant for the lack of diversity to happen and for the Revan team to be that unbeatable. Hopefully they can go through some humility and learn from there mistakes because if something like this happens again for another character, I can see a lot of people getting over it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    #84 in my squad arena shard from January-ish 2017:

g19x661d7m2m.png

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

2) This is not like every other meta ever. No other meta has seen 85%+ usage rates in the top 100....ever. Not in 3+ years has there been a less diverse (hence, more boring) arena meta than now. Congrats to CG for figuring out ways to decrease player enjoyment in 3+ years.

Traya was 99% of the top 50 of mine and many other developed shards before revan. The only reason she never achieved 85% across the board is because you had to be in a Sith heroic capable guild to get her as opposed to having to farm toons a b c. And quite honestly, her meta was every bit as "boring" as the revan meta.
  • Options
    But all of the people in my guild and arena chat who only run Revan hate it. They play 5-10 matches every day - against the same mirror team, with half ending in a timeout if they have bad RNG - unless they have a huge speed advantage due to mods (imagine that, speed is STILL the only thing that matters).

In 3+ years of playing this is, by far, the most boring arena has ever been. And it's not close.

As you say, at least with CLS, the battles end in 2 minutes and it's easy if you know what you're doing.

My battles with revan mirrors end in 2-2.5 minutes. It's also easy if you know what you are doing.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Traya was 99% of the top 50 of mine and many other developed shards before revan. The only reason she never achieved 85% across the board is because you had to be in a Sith heroic capable guild to get her as opposed to having to farm toons a b c. And quite honestly, her meta was every bit as "boring" as the revan meta.

This x 100000
  • Options
    Revan meta is definitely getting stale...mirror matches are frustrating because mods don't really matter anymore. You can't really get an advantage.

Need something new to push the game...feeling a little stale right now.
  • Options
    That M I L F is way over imbalance. **** this game
  • Options
    This is all by design and will drive up profit margins when the next big thing arrives. Get everyone as motivated as possible to buy it when it shows up. Droideka/B1 was the feint, the real charge is coming.

FY Q2 is coming to a close at the end of this month, it won't be long now.

lol ... never underestimate the power of quarterly profit reports. I crack me up.
  • Options
    Seriously, this entire forum is just people whining and ranting about conspiracy theories. It. Is. A. GAME. Calm yourselves down. If you don't like the game, don't play it any more.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    BGKC4 wrote: »
    Seriously, this entire forum is just people whining and ranting about conspiracy theories. It. Is. A. GAME. Calm yourselves down. If you don't like the game, don't play it any more.

People not playing is bad for the game.... there are always better options than the love it or leave it fallacy
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Data or bust. That never happened. It could have but didn't due to OG Revan. And Traya was much more beatable by other squads.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Data or bust. That never happened. It could have but didn't due to OG Revan. And Traya was much more beatable by other squads.

Agreed. That's a nice bit of revisionist history right there.

• Options

Agreed. That's a nice bit of revisionist history right there.

I know what my top 50 looked like. I know what others in my guild said their top 50's looked like. What I say is accurate.

Also, I have no more data to prove it than you do to support your claims about "No other meta has seen 85%+ usage rates in the top 100....ever." I mean I believe your statement to be true, but you have no historical data to prove it either. So don't come here with a **** data argument.

• Options
    It unfortunate designers of this game have ruined it with Arena being all about Revan and fleet is all about the newest falcon rebel fleets. Worst part is they have tweaked. Any Team capable of taking down this new m9ney wall mates they have put I
    In place. I stopped spending money on this game bcuz if all the **** They have done with characters. They have ruined the game trying to force everyone to spend money. It is game initiative to do this, but it cost them the $1500 to $2000 a year I used to spend. I will never drop another penny into game so hopefully they can keep all those whales interested and not have all the fallout like game did a few years ago when they pulled another **** bag and had many players quit. I c it happening again real soon and I am close to quoting soon too.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I haven't read any of the prior posts but the arena is super diverse right now...

Traya Trio
    EP lead
    JKR
    DSR
    CLS

Even Bastila Lead

All viable at the top of the arena. This is the rock-scissors-paper system that people clamored for.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    I haven't read any of the prior posts but the arena is super diverse right now...

Traya Trio
    EP lead
    JKR
    DSR
    CLS

Even Bastila Lead

All viable at the top of the arena. This is the rock-scissors-paper system that people clamored for.

It's true that the meta is super diverse if you count in anything without statistical significance.

8vni5ul3ctyq.png
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

Traya Trio
    EP lead
    JKR
    DSR
    CLS

Even Bastila Lead

It's true that the meta is super diverse if you count in anything without statistical significance.

We are talking about viability...if 6 or 7 teams can get to top 10...it's a diverse meta. Mods are playing a big role again but all those teams are legitimately viable whereas under JKR...it was JKR, Traya, and maybe CLS.

Looking at the meta report..breakdown is

DSR: 45%
    JKR: 29%
    EP: 19%
    CLS: 3%
    Traya lead: 1%
    Bast leasd: 1%

That's pretty good.