Revan and the falcon have destroyed diversity

Replies

• Options
    This game is a **** cash grab. EA is never going to stop **** over the players. There will never be balance. Why? Because they make tons of cash off you **** that have to have the new "meta" as soon as it comes out! Stop giving these **** your money and maybe EA will stop their ****!

Exactly. People cry 80 of top 100 are Revans? Thats a 100% success on EA side. $ $ $ All that money made, and they wont repeat this method....because?....listen it sucks from gamers perspective. But from companies perspective, its genious, successful, and 0 reason to change.
  • CarbaKnight
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    This game is a **** cash grab. EA is never going to stop **** over the players. There will never be balance. Why? Because they make tons of cash off you **** that have to have the new "meta" as soon as it comes out! Stop giving these **** your money and maybe EA will stop their ****!

If people stop spending their money on this game EA will not "stop their ****", EA will just stop the game period. Most of the money that people spend on this game EA uses to pay for the game. They pay the programers and artists. They have to pay for the servers and the energy the servers use. So by all means stop paying for the game if you don't like the game. But the only way the game continues is if players help pay the bills.
  • Options
    Virtually all of the top 50 in ranked are now the same carbon copy revan teams.

Same with ships, you either have the falcon or you don’t, there’s no in between.

Can we have some balacing patches or new hard counter teams so we can get back towards a rock / paper / scissor mentally.

I farmed hard for Revan and have him fully geared but the mirror matches are already stale.

I’ll have the falcon next time but right now there’s no point even trying to beat a falcon squad. I’m dead before I’ve called my second reinforcement.

Bring balance to the force... I mean game.
    Virtually all of the top 50 in ranked are now the same carbon copy revan teams.

Same with ships, you either have the falcon or you don’t, there’s no in between.

Can we have some balacing patches or new hard counter teams so we can get back towards a rock / paper / scissor mentally.

I farmed hard for Revan and have him fully geared but the mirror matches are already stale.

I’ll have the falcon next time but right now there’s no point even trying to beat a falcon squad. I’m dead before I’ve called my second reinforcement.

Bring balance to the force... I mean game.

I couldn’t agree more. I said something about it a while back and was just told there’s so many other things you can use your toons for other than just PVP. For the life of me I don’t understand how there is even a meta with so many tons available. There should never be a top 50 that looks identical. In my thread it’s more like top 75 but whatever lol it sad because you spend so long working on toons and they’re all useless. Just a bunch of useless wastes of time sitting there. Every time I look at toons I spent forever gearing, starring, and leveling up I feel sad inside.

• Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    My shard has a pretty good diversity with Revan teams, Emp teams , CLS , and NS , of course there is a lot of revans cause its the shinny new toy , but currently on my shard the top two teams are NS and EMP go figure and thats with full up gear 12 revan teams below them.

I don’t believe you. Would love to see a screen grab of this.

I'm not the guy you responded to but here's this. There are currently 3 of us NS teams that refuse to use revan. Heck, I don't even own Revan but this is by pure choice. BTW, A solid NS team absolutely destroys a well modded Revan team for future reference. l8aoue3dyzxp.jpg

Not sure what is happening here, but I run NS too (heavily modded) and cannot break below 100 because of all the Revan teams.
  • Options
    Maztoras wrote: »
    Exactly. People cry 80 of top 100 are Revans? Thats a 100% success on EA side. $ $ $ All that money made, and they wont repeat this method....because?....listen it sucks from gamers perspective. But from companies perspective, its genious, successful, and 0 reason to change.

I don't think it's 100% success. Many-many of those people got Revan for the second time without spending any money... I guess it was a success for the first time when Revan appeared, but now it's more boring and lame than successful.

• Options
    Spang wrote: »

I don't think it's 100% success. Many-many of those people got Revan for the second time without spending any money... I guess it was a success for the first time when Revan appeared, but now it's more boring and lame than successful.

Maybe, but maybe not. I think of people underestimate how much new whales are willing to spend in this game and they probably made a ton of money off them the second time around too
  • Options

If you farmed steadily on the KOTOR toons since the first Revan event, you would have plenty of time to finish to get him for free.

I bought the Bastila pack for 10 bucks when she came out, but I also finished about 3 weeks before the second time the event happened. I still could've gotten all of them to 7 star even without spending for that pack. It was doable to get Revan for "free" based on past experience of knowing because of JTR and CLS when it'd come back.

You could definitely say the first event was a cash grab of course, but not the second one when thousands of people got Revan just from farming.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I see threads like this and always wonder when the OP has been for the last 3 years.

Im wondering where youve been. Every past meta youll generally see different leads and comps once you get outside the top 15-20. Ive never seen this many people running the same squad in the top 100 at any point in the game

You answered your own question. I bolded it for you. I have never been outside of that range. And on my specific shard, the main meta squad has made up almost all of the top 50 multiple times during this game.

Im so glad to know youve never left the top 15. You must be so proud

Anyways, previous meta teams could always be beat by other comps, some of which could be different. People just never run them in the top 15-20 because being different gets you targeted. Revan is too OP to allow that diversity

There are people who are running different teams to climb, despite having Revan, because they find it easier/faster to win that way than to fight mirror matches, and then they put Revan in for the last fight for defense (thus skewing the meta report). So this doesn’t hold water.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I see threads like this and always wonder when the OP has been for the last 3 years.

Im wondering where youve been. Every past meta youll generally see different leads and comps once you get outside the top 15-20. Ive never seen this many people running the same squad in the top 100 at any point in the game

You answered your own question. I bolded it for you. I have never been outside of that range. And on my specific shard, the main meta squad has made up almost all of the top 50 multiple times during this game.

Anyways, previous meta teams could always be beat by other comps, some of which could be different. People just never run them in the top 15-20 because being different gets you targeted. Revan is too OP to allow that diversity

There are people who are running different teams to climb, despite having Revan, because they find it easier/faster to win that way than to fight mirror matches, and then they put Revan in for the last fight for defense (thus skewing the meta report). So this doesn’t hold water.

Are you just pretending or do you honestly believe that? My shard is 90% Revan in the top 100 and which teams are those mysterious people you are talking about running against Revan? There is no good counter against Revan.

And even if you tell me: “What is your problem? Just get Revan yourself. He’s not that hard to get.” Then you are just confirming the issue in the first place. Revan destroyed diversity.

How do you think the top 300 in arena will look like after Revan came around a 3rd time?

Making a character so OP like Revan was a big mistake. Making him widely available was an even bigger mistake...
  • Options
    REvan yes, falcon no. a nicely timed geno spy will annihilate Falcon is one hit

Revan can be easily beat by Traya, falcon cannot
  • Options
    Are you just pretending or do you honestly believe that? My shard is 90% Revan in the top 100 and which teams are those mysterious people you are talking about running against Revan? There is no good counter against Revan.

And even if you tell me: “What is your problem? Just get Revan yourself. He’s not that hard to get.” Then you are just confirming the issue in the first place. Revan destroyed diversity.

How do you think the top 300 in arena will look like after Revan came around a 3rd time?

Making a character so OP like Revan was a big mistake. Making him widely available was an even bigger mistake...

There are multiple good counters against Revan. zFinn/RT/C3PO/Han/Chewie is a popular one. CLS/Han/Chewie/C3PO/+1 (R2, Thrawn are the common options) is another popular one. Then there's JTRey/BB8/R2/C3PO+1 (Nest was the most common, but droideka is now becoming viable in that spot). And of course, tanky Traya, DN, Sion, Thrawn +1 (D. Bast or B2) is a fourth counter squad. Just because you don't see these teams (or refuse to admit it) doesn't mean that they aren't used on mature shards.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

There are multiple good counters against Revan. zFinn/RT/C3PO/Han/Chewie is a popular one. CLS/Han/Chewie/C3PO/+1 (R2, Thrawn are the common options) is another popular one. Then there's JTRey/BB8/R2/C3PO+1 (Nest was the most common, but droideka is now becoming viable in that spot). And of course, tanky Traya, DN, Sion, Thrawn +1 (D. Bast or B2) is a fourth counter squad. Just because you don't see these teams (or refuse to admit it) doesn't mean that they aren't used on mature shards.

Except nothing holds on def as well as Revan, so when you climb, it's the same team over and over and over. See? No diversity. It doesn't matter that some people maybe use something else to climb.
    Besides, zFinn gets nerfed, so it's one less counter.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

Well yes I honestly believe that the people who tell me they do that are telling me the truth as they would have no reason to lie to me about it. I don’t interrogate them about the specific teams they use. The ones I tend to see are Finn (soon to be gone), CLS, and Traya. According to one person who does not do this (to my knowledge) in arena, but does it in GA, setting Thrawn’s speed to one less than Sion’s and swapping TM to Nihilus right after Sion uses his mass debuffer is a consistent way to win with Triumvirate.

As for what I think things will look like the third time Revan comes, I expect there will be a new meta by then, since that’s how this game works.
  • Options
    They need to just go on a streak of releasing a toon from each faction every week to break up the monotony of this stale GA. Put out a Jabba, Scout Trooper, New Clone, FO Hux, etc and let people go crazy. Wild West all over the boards...
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    Options
    Revan is stoooooooopid
  • Options

But 1 common. Denominator in all the home 1 teams. There is a OT Falcon. And without one of your own. Youre sniping at a 1 in 20 chance rng win.

Incorrect. I typically take #1 daily in a sea of Falcons using Geo's. It's rare that I lose fights getting there. It used to be more of a cakewalk, for sure. But I'm still winning 70-85% of my matches.

I also have been fleet-centric for ages, though. You won't stay competitive with new metas only developing your crew/ships half heartedly.

Totally agree on Revan. Anything in the 300's and below in my shard is him.
  • AlmostAnarchist
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    fh72dvx5y6gj.jpg
    Just don't play the meta. It works sometimes 🤷‍♂️

Only like 150 on ships with Geos. I've been neglecting them. 😂
  • Options
    What’s funny about HMF is that CG stated that they wanted to create a rock-paper-scissors environment with the introduction of Ships 2.0. It took less than a year to get completely away from that lol. Really this was broken with HT before HMF, but who’s counting?

Maybe they meant rock-paper-scissors-nuke.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    What’s funny about HMF is that CG stated that they wanted to create a rock-paper-scissors environment with the introduction of Ships 2.0. It took less than a year to get completely away from that lol. Really this was broken with HT before HMF, but who’s counting?

Maybe they meant rock-paper-scissors-nuke.

Just about every single goal they outlined for 2.0 is completely the opposite right now with the exception of mace timeout fleets going away. Depending on RNG you can still get some 4 min fright fests if your trying to pound on HT with the scraps that are left... still faster than revarena though

Unlike the rest of this game I still have MAJOR major hopes that ships will start getting some actual love and give us something to actually do with them soon
  • Options
    My shard has a pretty good diversity with Revan teams, Emp teams , CLS , and NS , of course there is a lot of revans cause its the shinny new toy , but currently on my shard the top two teams are NS and EMP go figure and thats with full up gear 12 revan teams below them.

I'm not the guy you responded to but here's this. There are currently 3 of us NS teams that refuse to use revan. Heck, I don't even own Revan but this is by pure choice. BTW, A solid NS team absolutely destroys a well modded Revan team for future reference. l8aoue3dyzxp.jpg

How are you doing that?! That’s awesome!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

How are you doing that?! That’s awesome!

99.9999999999999 % mods
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Well, i think that fun is gone, i have Revan, Revan vs Revan isnt fun at all and often battle timeout with all 10 toons standing alive, just not fun. I dont mind loosing, it is just lost 5 minutes of my life, i started auto arena battles, if i win ok if i dont also ok.

Ships, hmmm, was fun, before M I L F, i dont have one, it is ok to make one ship OP, but to make all rebels with one ship superOP...that is lame. Ships still have diversity, but probably wont after next M I L F event.

It just looks like they are out of ideas, or at least they have lame ones.

next toon will be so OP that will be impossible to kill
  • Options
    mali3538 wrote: »
    Ships, hmmm, was fun, before M I L F, i dont have one, it is ok to make one ship OP, but to make all rebels with one ship superOP...that is lame. Ships still have diversity, but probably wont after next M I L F event.

I agree with this one. Lets be honest, everyone focusing on ships should have ht anyway. Rebels are also like free giveaway. So, all it takes to get m f meta is to farm 2 bh ships.
    Thats such a low price for such an overpowered meta that it seems like it wasnt thought through.

On Revan, yes, its bad. Not because i either win or dont (again, lets be honest, it used to be the same way previously too), but becausr theres no variety. I dont get to decide between attacking a cls, a traya, an ns or another team, because every single opponent is the same, revan teams. Including mine. Thats boring.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Rock-Paper-Scissors brings a thing they don't like in the game: choices. You don't have to be able to choose your way between more than two options. You just have to buy the next meta character, that will kill all of said options with ease, because people paid for that. It's not about creating a balanced meta, it's about maintaining the revenue high enough to let the show go on. Only after achieving this a balanced meta may be in their scopes.
  • Options
    The fact that it is all Revan teams is compounded by the lack of fun in Revan vs Revan mirror matches. They are long and a basically a formula to play. There is no thought or diversity. I just want anything to break it up.