Looks like it's a Droid Android event (get it)

Replies

• Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    can someone post a link to a google play website with this info on? Can't access Reddit at work, and would like to know where the reddit poster got the info from

https://goo.gl/Tn5jvW
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    I think 17.3. is the date where the next major update is coming. Updated apps get promoted in google play. So maybe the new update is coming at this date.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Giving away things based on what device you play on is a bad decision. It was stupld to give Phasma or Poe depending on wether you're ios or android, especially since they can't be farmed at the same rate.
    But an entire event? What the heck?

Please, EA, hire a new marketing team.
  • Options
    I'm guessing some lottery thing...it says three free chances so it will be some card pull possibly. 3 free pulls to get the new Jawa or shards maybe. Then of course you can buy something as well for more chances....for $59.99 ;)
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    No mention of iOS no mention of Australia, we better have access to this

Lol we do bro they did UA it is meant to be AU.
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on iOS, so a little jealous too. However Google Play is easier to work with if your a developer then Apple. They are probably doing at a minimum free promotion of the game for providing an android only content/promo. It won't be anything earth shattering. You fight some Jawas and probably get to pull or earn additional gear similar to bronzium package stuff.

Don't go overboard. That android exclusive RG package I probably would not have bought at $20 either back then even if I had the chance. I would however probably buy it today.
  • Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Giving away things based on what device you play on is a bad decision. It was stupld to give Phasma or Poe depending on wether you're ios or android, especially since they can't be farmed at the same rate.
    But an entire event? What the heck?

Please, EA, hire a new marketing team.

I don't know, seems like their marketing team is doing just fine. Besides, this is a Google deal which Google is probably paying EA a bunch of money for some exclusive event. Don't be mad at Google or EA, you should be mad at Apple...
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Well, glad I am on Android I guess. Too bad Reddit had to post this, rather than having it come from here. I see the lack of communication trend is still going strong.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Sad to see the news here, by a random user. This should be released from EA/CG.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    ubn87 wrote: »

This. And this type of thing is one of the major points many of us have been bothered by.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. And this type of thing is one of the major points many of us have been bothered by.

Like others have mentioned plenty of console games have exclusives/earlier content releases based on platform. Also it's probably a Google ran promotion they most likely paid EA for. It's not as if EA randomly decided to favor one OS over another
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    No mention of iOS no mention of Australia, we better have access to this

Lol we do bro they did UA it is meant to be AU.
    You sure? Maybe Uraguay gets it and you don't! :p
    Anyway, isn't it odd that they're celebrating St Patrick's Day with Jawas? Are they the leprechauns of Star Wars or something?
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Most likely just a event to pull some random purple gear. Maybe a few jaws shards. (Droid shards would be flavor correct, but that isn't likely).
  • Options
    Ive just looked on google play and i cant find any details of this?
    When does it start and how do you redeem? do i get from google play or will it come in my SWGoH inbox?

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera ?
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    That would be pretty c r a p p y of EA to do something like that. IMO that would be a good reason for people to give up and quit on a game.

It seems more that Google is behind this, rather than EA... So just hope that Apple does something similar.

Is this even legal? I don't think you can favor the users of a particular brand, because of the net neutrality.

That's not how how net nutrality works, that's not how any thing works.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oops

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Like others have mentioned plenty of console games have exclusives/earlier content releases based on platform. Also it's probably a Google ran promotion they most likely paid EA for. It's not as if EA randomly decided to favor one OS over another

I meant the communication aspect (or lack thereof) - not which platform or why. Sorry for not being clear.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

I am not random. I just have a random name generated by the game.
  • Options
    That would be pretty c r a p p y of EA to do something like that. IMO that would be a good reason for people to give up and quit on a game.

It seems more that Google is behind this, rather than EA... So just hope that Apple does something similar.

Doesn't matter who's behind it. EA will be allowing it and potentially **** off half of their base.
  • Options

I meant the communication aspect (or lack thereof) - not which platform or why. Sorry for not being clear.

Oh it's ok, all good! Still think Google play is probably doing this on their own though
  • Options

Doesn't matter who's behind it. EA will be allowing it and potentially **** off half of their base.

Samsung had a welcome bundle, Android got phasma, and iOS got poe. This is hardly something new
  • Options
    Hopefully there's a similar event for IOS. I'm in desperate need of CONTENT.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I believe events and everything will be on both platforms. They're not going to favor one over another. It's the same game
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    I believe events and everything will be on both platforms. They're not going to favor one over another. It's the same game

I also don't think it's an event like the Yoda event
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

Is this even legal? I don't think you can favor the users of a particular brand, because of the net neutrality.

You mean like how they released the update for Apple hours prior to releasing it for android users?
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »

I think you missed the part that Google is putting on the event to promote their top mobile games.

I think you guys are completely overestimating what this event is going to be. This is probably going to be the weakest, lamest, event ever... since they don't want to tick off the iOS users. If it gives anything substantial I would be 100% shocked.

Much like the $20 crappy end of year bundle.. it won't make people jealous. Now, if I am wrong.. I will be happy ;) Cause I am Android lol ;)
  • Options
    And just because Google play has advertised this DOESNT mean Apple won't get the same thing. We will have to wait and see, and I'm not ruling out exclusive event for Android (Google dropping some cash to make Android more desirable), but I think it's a bit premature to be going crazy over this. Does Apple advertise sales / events / bonuses for the app store? And if they do, do they advertise it a week in advance?
  • Options
    People, read the Reddit post. It's a battle AGAINST jawas. I don't see anything that suggests there will be an Android exclusive character from this. Let's cool down a bit and wait to see what it actually is.
  • Options
    This should be news which comes out in Offical Forums first.

Likely no one would refute that statement. As for what we'll see, I agree it's best to wait and judge them as the day arrives.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm happy to be android then