Looks like it's a Droid Android event (get it)

Prev13456
Pyramidshawn
871 posts Member
edited March 2016
Datamined according to This reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4a0aid/datamined_droids_event/

Here are the details on the Android only droids event starting next week
Lead the Droids to battle against the scavenging Jawas on Tatooine.
Recover fallen droid parts if you complete your mission including the all-new 7-star Training Droid!

Google Play Exclusive!

It’s time for the Droids to fight back against the Jawas! No longer will they be sold for parts.
In this special event, you will face off against a team of 3 Jawas and will be required to have at least 3 Droids for your squad to battle them. The first Tier of the event will require your Droids to be 2-star, the second tier 4-star and the final tier 6-star.

The rewards for defeating the Jawas will be ability materials, droid character Shards and the chance to obtain the all-NEW 7-star Training Droid to level up your characters.
Be sure to collect your free Data Card each day during the event from the Store to obtain additional Credits and Training Droids to power-up your characters!

Theres alot more cool stuff coming with this patch that I plan on sharing soon :)
Dont forget to check out www.swgoh.gg for all your database needs!

Replies

• Options
    Google play has announced the event. Why no dev announcement on forum?
  • Options
    How would that work with 2 jawas in the game?
  • Options
    How would that work with 2 jawas in the game?

Hopefully that means they would be adding a Jawa. But I have no reason to believe they are even having an event.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    A new stealth team in production ?? Wow that would be very attractive
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    JE has been predicted to becoming soon for a while. So this sounds legit.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Link to event?
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    It will not an event like the yoda event because ios user will not get this "event". So I think the meaning of "event" is a special bundle for android user. It will be android only.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    It better be available on iOS.
  • Options
    It's an event for us android users, should be interesting.
  • Options
    That would be pretty c r a p p y of EA to do something like that. IMO that would be a good reason for people to give up and quit on a game.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    No mention of iOS no mention of Australia, we better have access to this
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    That would be pretty c r a p p y of EA to do something like that. IMO that would be a good reason for people to give up and quit on a game.

I don't think it will be a big think
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

It seems more that Google is behind this, rather than EA... So just hope that Apple does something similar.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

It seems more that Google is behind this, rather than EA... So just hope that Apple does something similar.

Is this even legal? I don't think you can favor the users of a particular brand, because of the net neutrality.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Is this even legal? I don't think you can favor the users of a particular brand, because of the net neutrality.

You get an welcome package if you are a samsung user. So yes they do this promotion.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Very doubtful it will happen on Apple. There have been a few Google only promos for SWGOH. No Apple only events.
  • Options
    iOS didn't receive a New Years bundle either, so it'd be nothing new.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    It's probably just something you can buy or a free level one toon, nothing to get your ***** in a bunch about.

It's not a Yoda like event (or if it is then it will be on all platforms eventually).

Even platform games that you actually pay for have some content that is either available early on one console or the other or is console exclusive.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Arillian wrote: »

If you mean the starter toons pack, it was available on iOS.
  • Options
    I saw a link to Game of War, but i cant see the promo for GoH

i also cant find mention anywhere on google app page myself....
  • Options
    This is pretty lame! How do be play with one Jawa? I could see maybe Jawa characters get bonus but you could use any character for this event. Maybe Jawa's get 500% hp or dmg.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options

Its a different bundle
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

"Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes
    Are you the next Luke Skywalker or Rey? Join the ultimate battle against the Galaxy’s scavengers, Jawas, on the planet of Tatooine to find out. The event is only available this week and every player has three free chances to participate. Winners will receive rewards to help them prosper in this Galaxy and even those far, far away.
    This is a limited offer so grab your saber and start battling! May the force be with you.
    Campaign valid in CA, US, BR, MX, JP, KR, TW, HK, IN, ID, GB, DE, FR, RU, ES, IT, AT, BE, CH, DK, FI, IE, LU, NL, NO, SE, TR, UA"

From the reddit post.
  • Options

No, the bundle RG was in. Nobody bought it, then look what happened.
    Winners will receive rewards to help them prosper in this Galaxy and even those far, far away.

Not a new character guys, probably just some credits. (still jealous btw)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    so, is it a contest? like only a few Android users will win a jawa?

Ive been lvling up jawas and ill have 7* dathcha tomorrow and 7* jawa within a week, but gear lvl ix is a litte ways away since im working on ig88 gear first, then getting the rest of the epic balls
  • Options
    I'm confused - so will this be available in the app automatically for android users, next Thursday?

If so... sucks to be an iOS user right now.

I'll take a free dathcha or jawa just for the shards or w/e. Maybe some credits/crystals on offer
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options

No, the bundle RG was in. Nobody bought it, then look what happened.
    Winners will receive rewards to help them prosper in this Galaxy and even those far, far away.

Not a new character guys, probably just some credits. (still jealous btw)

I bought it and I am very happy now, haha :-D

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    can someone post a link to a google play website with this info on? Can't access Reddit at work, and would like to know where the reddit poster got the info from
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

"Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes
    The event is only available this week and every player has three free chances to participate. Winners will receive rewards to help them prosper in this Galaxy and even those far, far away.

So what i mean from above post, wth does the bold mean?