Credit Heist silent nerf - Now showing up every 12 - TWENTY days ONLY!

Replies

• Options
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    honestly ... if you're living your game life credit heist to credit heist, you're totally playing wrong! It's SOOOOOOO easy to save credits.

my biggest gripe ARE the crap events that give nothing but crap mods. POINTLESS / WASTE OF TIME!

The main point of the events are to play the events. It's a game, it's meant to be played. Well, it is to me anyway.
  • Options
    I know part of your job is to often be the first line of CYA defense for CG, and that is sometimes very difficult, but the post you linked doesn’t really forewarn what happened at the beginning of this year.

Yes the main point Kyno is trying hard to skate around.
    The post you link, from Nov 2017, states:

“Going forward, know that we'll be working to better meet the needs of upcoming in-game events, Character releases, and so forth. Our schedule moving forward may not adhere to previous cadences, but don't fret, we'll continue to run them regularly!” And that the event is no longer truly run “regularly” (even though it was run “regularly” for 14 months following that post)

Yes even more to the point. Nothing game-wise changed at the beginning of the year vs those 14 months. Late last year GA started, and that seems to be a relevant point.

As for the new toon releases slowing down that Kyno is trying to point too, while there probably have been a little less new toon releases there still HAVE been new ones, and I am sure in those 14 months there were periods of low new toon releases so trying to say that is the reason doesn't hold water.

• Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    It's pretty simple, the game was being oversaturated with credits. They kept piling up and people were hoarding so they were as useless as training droids. The game gives a decent amount of credits as is, you just won't be able to build a 100+ million stockpiles as easy without hurting your progression.

Maybe for mid to end game players, this hamstrings any new or newer players. Good that they havent released many nee chatacters, but there are still 100s of them.

This x 100. I am sure people with 2.5 - 3 million GP are in MUCH less need of credits, vs those < 2.5mil GP.

I assure you the 3.5 to 4 mil crowd are not swimming in credits.

I'm at 2.6 mil GP and seem to be running out of credits a lot lately as I build up a new team. Spreading the heists out has hurt moving these forward.

There's a lot more characters in the game due to lasts year's crazy release cadence. I'd hate to be a newer player starting this game, even with the increased hard node attempts (3 to 5 to 8). Game does have some significant balance issues. But it's no different than any other f2p game.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    PeldorV wrote: »
    there is no dramatic shift, they are "random events" with no set cadence.

This just isn’t true. The cadence has made a statistically significant shift between last year and this year. That isn’t consistent with random assignment.

There is no cadence, they stated it will not follow any cadence.

They have "stated" many things in the past that does not mean that they are "stating" the truth. After all EA and CG are bastions of honesty and integrity.
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options
    tio2dk27xex3.jpeg
    Haven't had any reason to complain. 😂
  • Options
    This is why I hoard credits. I was able to get over 150million back when we had tournaments...I’ll spend some here and there but once I get down to 100million I stop spending and let them build up again.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They did announce that it would no longer follow the 6-12 day schedule. In that post I believe they said they would have it follow a "need based" schedule linked to character/event release. We have not had as many characters released as of late, so less heists does make sense from that perspective.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143194/credit-heist-and-droid-smuggling-update

I know part of your job is to often be the first line of CYA defense for CG, and that is sometimes very difficult, but the post you linked doesn’t really forewarn what happened at the beginning of this year. The post you link, from Nov 2017, states:

“Going forward, know that we'll be working to better meet the needs of upcoming in-game events, Character releases, and so forth. Our schedule moving forward may not adhere to previous cadences, but don't fret, we'll continue to run them regularly!

The reasonable interpretation of that, especially by a player who started on or after that date, is that cadence was altered at the time of that post “to better meet the needs” of events, releases, etc. I suppose we should all know “better” means you get less of something you need? And that the event is longer truly run “regularly” (even though it was run “regularly” for 14 months following that post), but will be adjusted to the optimum random frequency to maximize real revenue for CG without alienating too many players.

What does “we’ll continue to run them regularly” mean? Oxford Dictionary defines Regularly as:

reg·u·lar·ly
    [ˈreɡyələrlē]
    ADVERB
    1. with a constant or definite pattern, especially with the same space between individual items. "regularly spaced buildings" · [more]
    2. at uniform intervals of time. "the reunion has taken place regularly every two years"

I used thier wording, they said regularly, I am trying not to put my interpretation on it. They say "random" and assured us it will still appear regularly.

I'm not sure what you mean that it doesn't forewarn about this. They are stating a correlation between character release and CH. If we have a lower release of characters that means there will be a lower rate of CH.

I am not defending, I am pointing to what they said, to make sure that we correct the misinformation that tends to be brought together in threads like this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I know part of your job is to often be the first line of CYA defense for CG, and that is sometimes very difficult, but the post you linked doesn’t really forewarn what happened at the beginning of this year.

“Going forward, know that we'll be working to better meet the needs of upcoming in-game events, Character releases, and so forth. Our schedule moving forward may not adhere to previous cadences, but don't fret, we'll continue to run them regularly!” And that the event is no longer truly run “regularly” (even though it was run “regularly” for 14 months following that post)

Yes even more to the point. Nothing game-wise changed at the beginning of the year vs those 14 months. Late last year GA started, and that seems to be a relevant point.

As for the new toon releases slowing down that Kyno is trying to point too, while there probably have been a little less new toon releases there still HAVE been new ones, and I am sure in those 14 months there were periods of low new toon releases so trying to say that is the reason doesn't hold water.

They state they are linked, here you are saying there has been less, but it doesn't hold water, because.....
    I'm not sure if its linked to GA, but we have more income there. Yes it was introduced at the end of the year and a more finalized schedule came out at the beginning of the year. On top of that we have not seen many character releases, it has been less.

Things have changed, and that's only the things we know about, if they have a long term plan that came from the feedback of last year to push out less characters this year, maybe that is also in effect.

All that said, we were told this is the situation and they seem to be following what they said. I get that its easier to say " they are doing something wrong" or that they made a change without telling us, but they are just following the plan they laid out.
  • Options
    Money is a trip.. don't give me that do good good ...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sorry Kyno, but you're losing a lot of credibility in this thread. In one post you state is "random events", and say there is no cadence, then later (in the same post) you state that they are "still running regularly as stated"....which would be the opposite of random...and exactly what a cadence is.

If you're going to try to toe the company line, at least pick a lane.

I am using thier words to convey the message they stated. Trying to not add my interpretation.
  • A_H
    5 posts Member
    Options
    New players have more sources of income than older players did, that early in game. They also have more events and other sources of income as compared to players that had the cadence before they stopped following that.

We will always need more, everything is paced.[/quote]

Wut? @Kyno you just said earlier there was no cadence, yet you say there is? 😒

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options
    A_H wrote: »
    New players have more sources of income than older players did, that early in game. They also have more events and other sources of income as compared to players that had the cadence before they stopped following that.
    We will always need more, everything is paced.

Wut? Kyno you just said earlier there was no cadence, yet you say there is? 😒

There is no cadence. They said it will be based on the need due to events and character release. So call that what you want, but previously we had a statement saying there was a cadence of 6-12 days. We can call them both cadences but that gets a little confusing. (Right now it is soooooo clear)
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Meanwhile I am like "Seriously, another only one day Dathomir event? Sorry for the people who actually need MT shards, you only get 10 instead of 20 now, blame the people that wanted the Ewok version to be 2 days as well"

Remember, all these changes are there to make your gaming experience better.
  • Options

They state they are linked, here you are saying there has been less, but it doesn't hold water, because.....
    I'm not sure if its linked to GA, but we have more income there. Yes it was introduced at the end of the year and a more finalized schedule came out at the beginning of the year. On top of that we have not seen many character releases, it has been less.

Things have changed, and that's only the things we know about, if they have a long term plan that came from the feedback of last year to push out less characters this year, maybe that is also in effect.

All that said, we were told this is the situation and they seem to be following what they said. I get that its easier to say " they are doing something wrong" or that they made a change without telling us, but they are just following the plan they laid out.

“But my opponents never set a defense so I don’t earn any credits from GA!”
  • Hagen_von_Tronje
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    A_H wrote: »

Actually, new players have more events, they can't take part, because they are lacking the necessary toons to do the event. Older players will be able to take part in any(or most) event(s) .... Not too long ago, I still struggled with credit heist ...

I play since half a year, I am always broke with regard to credits and fleet credits.

And the mods ... they are sooo expensive ... leveling and slicing for 10 minutes eats everything I accumilated in 4 weeks.

Fleet is even worse, can't even afford the million to 7* the ships I farmed. And I have 4 capital ships on 6* now, one 85, one 15, 1, 1.

It seems that there has been a period in the past with lots of credits/fleetcredits and not a lot to spend on.
    This is not the case anymore, mainly because of the changes in mods2.0 and a lot more ships.

Older players (may) have a stockpile and can take part in all events.

It's becoming worse for the newbies, not better.
    Post edited by Hagen_von_Tronje on
  • Options
    Let's call this what it is... EA and CG wanting you to spend more money for credits. I've gotten over 2.5 million 2 times in the year and a half I've played the game so credit heist has always been a joke to me. GA is as big of a joke if you leveled a balanced line up so the credits there are scarce.
    I stop everything for a few weeks at a time to let my reserves fill to 30-40 million but that hurts progression. So let's just call it what it is and stop with PC answers.. They want more of your money!!!
  • Options
    Haven't you guys heard? Almost 1.5 years in a 3.5 year old game is a very relevant amount of time for an announcement!!

LOL at using a quote from 2017
  • Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Haven't you guys heard? Almost 1.5 years in a 3.5 year old game is a very relevant amount of time for an announcement!!

Right - because even if nothing changes, they should keep announcing it every 3 months.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Right - because even if nothing changes, they should keep announcing it every 3 months.

When you drastically change course, even if it still goes in line with what they believe is necessary and originally said (a year later), yes... reaffirmation goes a long way

The drastically changed their view on what is needed, no ifs ands or buts about it

LOL at saying "nothing" has changed
  • Options

No, but when they make a significant change after 14 months of nothing it probably deserves a reminder. That’d be good communication though, something CG clearly doesn’t have a grasp on.
  • Options

No, but when they make a significant change after 14 months of nothing it probably deserves a reminder. That’d be good communication though, something CG clearly doesn’t have a grasp on.

But "nothing has been changed" in those 14 months to him, you're talking to a wall
  • SSB
    72 posts Member
    Options
    They did announce that it would no longer follow the 6-12 day schedule. In that post I believe they said they would have it follow a "need based" schedule linked to character/event release. We have not had as many characters released as of late, so less heists does make sense from that perspective.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143194/credit-heist-and-droid-smuggling-update

Posts like this is why you’re the most disliked person on this forum. Always defending the indefensible
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SSB wrote: »

Posts like this is why you’re the most disliked person on this forum. Always defending the indefensible

That is called information.

If people dislike me for sharing information that was previously stated, then I think they need to reevaluate things.
  • Options

That's quite a strong claim, and one not likely to be backed by much hard evidence.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • MasterSeedy
    5202 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The OP:
    Before the start of the year every 5 - 12 days consistently, since Jan 1, every 12 - 15 days consistently and now this is the longest delay yet, it will be an 18 day gap when we finally get it on Mar 30.

@Kyno:
    The OP is stating it should never be more than 12 days. That is not true we have a dev statement that they are no longer following the cadence and have not been for a while.

No.

The OP stated quite clearly that the data shows a past maximum of 12 days. The OP never says anything about what the maximum "should" be or that 13 days is somehow illegal under their current policies.

Please, don't sacrifice your credibility by misrepresenting what people are saying.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options

That's quite a strong claim, and one not likely to be backed by much hard evidence.

Sometimes he comes off as a total CG bootlicker... just the way it is.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    honestly ... if you're living your game life credit heist to credit heist, you're totally playing wrong! It's SOOOOOOO easy to save credits.

my biggest gripe ARE the crap events that give nothing but crap mods. POINTLESS / WASTE OF TIME!

Russian....

I totally believe you dont need credits, crystals and have everything... seems to be a reoccurring theme for some players geography not withstanding where dat lucifer at
  • Options
    The OP:
    Before the start of the year every 5 - 12 days consistently, since Jan 1, every 12 - 15 days consistently and now this is the longest delay yet, it will be an 18 day gap when we finally get it on Mar 30.

@Kyno:
    The OP is stating it should never be more than 12 days. That is not true we have a dev statement that they are no longer following the cadence and have not been for a while.

No.

The OP stated quite clearly that the data shows a past maximum of 12 days. The OP never says anything about what the maximum "should" be or that 13 days is somehow illegal under their current policies.

Please, don't sacrifice your credibility by misrepresenting what people are saying.

He's talking in PR, majority of what he does here is twist words
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The OP:

@Kyno:

No.

You are correct, he didnt say that. Sorry.

There are some incorrect assertions in the OP, but I will leave that for you to correct.
  • Options
    The OP:

@Kyno:

No.

You are correct, he didnt say that. Sorry.

There are some incorrect assertions there, but I will leave that for you to correct.

LOL... "you are correct" [but many other people are more incorrect than me]
This discussion has been closed.