Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    I just got 100% drop rate and got 5 hounds tooth shards yesterday.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    So much negativity on these forums. really sad to see. CG never stated that 8 attempts was permanent! it was TEMPORARY!!!!!!!!!! What about that do people not understand? I boggles my mind. It's their game so they run it like they want. They don't charge people to download the game. All income they make is voluntary from players. People love to overreact and this is a huge case of that. I hope CG chooses to ignore most of what is being said because its extremely ungrateful and stuff like that really makes future content and future temporary boosts much less likely.

I want to thank the game designers for giving us 8 attempts for as long as they did!

Seven months TEMPORARY!!!!!! And in that time a lot has changed. The game has progressed and this is clearly a regressive move. The Revans did not make as much revenue as they had hoped so they have to find a way of making that money. Yes, it's their game and ultimately they can do as they like. But if they upset the community enough that more and more people quit the game what does that ultimately serve other than to kill that game? My mind boggles as to why some players can't see that. Some people can't see the woods for the trees.

When they increased the attempts from 5 to 8, it was a known to be temporary. they kept it on at 7 months so that people could get both Revans free to play. It was a luxury to have it for 7 months! They didn't need to do that but they did. I for one am thankful for that. I wouldn't have been able to get Darth Revan if they hadn't extended that 8 attempts period as far as they did.

You probably believe everything politicians tell you too, right?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    0/5 for Jolee today
    0/5 for Zaalbar today
    1/5 for Bastila today.

Could refresh and try again but I know that's what CG wanted so it just feels terrible playing into their hands.
    All three of those farms have more than 5 attempts available to you for zero crystal cost.

RNG will remain RNG. You have bad days. You have good days. Today, out of my Vandor Chewie farm, I got 5/5. Out of my Jango/HT farm, I got 0/5 on Jango and 1/5 on Houndstooth. Badstila got me 1/5. And that's fine. I'll roll again tomorrow.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    All three of those farms have more than 5 attempts available to you for zero crystal cost.

Out of the goodness of their goodly hearts.
  • Options
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    5 is still better than 3

And 2 is better than one, so why not reduce it to 2? It's still better than something else. Coming to think of it, a single attempt per node is better than no attempts at all. This is a really interesting variation on the fallacy of relative privation :) An appeal to lesser rather than greater problems.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Moorebid wrote: »
    You know, it's not only that. The 25 crystal refreshes I normally did, kinda seem expensive now. 5 crystals per extra attempts... I'll certainly refresh less than before, when it was a "good deal".

It's essentially a price hike on node refreshes. I joined the game at a time when 175 crystals bought me an additional 24 attempts on a hard node. Now I'm only getting 15 attempts for the same price. I'd have to pay a whopping 775 crystals to play roughly the same number of attempts as before. That's a pretty steep price increase.

ETA: This change also greatly lowers the value of the 900 energy pack in my eyes. I suppose I could use the energy to farm gear on easy nodes, but hard nodes are so much more costly now unless you're farming 10 characters at once and hurt your chances in GA by bloating your GP with unfinished, barely usable toons.
  • Options
    SkillKing wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does returning to 5 hard node attempts a day, increasing the time it would take me to get Malak to like a year, (I don't have DR or JKR, but have been farming towards them FTP for a month) nerf the excitement of this whole update?

I will say, I like the idea they have of giving shards in guild events arena after you earn Malak at 5*, but the paywall on this is enormous now. Getting characters officially takes too long. Possible, but fun sapping.

Even if you're willing to pay your way, as I have done a couple of times, the DR meta with Malak looks really unappealing. I've only been playing since the end of last year. I just unlocked Han, Chewie and GK, and I'm going to 7-star R2 and unlock CLS soon. These are the characters I want to take to g12 ASAP at this relatively early stage. For them, I'm willing to buy crystals and convert them into gear. But Juhani? T3? Maybe in a year from now, when I have all legendaries, pilots and important key characters yellow-geared and zetaed. And by then, the DR meta will have come and gone.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Guess they're forcing us to change our playstyle from focus farming to farming more at once. I'm sort of okay with that (I'll adapt, but not happy about it). But what irks me is fleet hard nodes are also affected, and there is much less to choose from there. Looks like I'll be spending a daily 25cr for 10 attempts from now on, there's just not much there to farm for me.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Unnecessary "before". My bad.
  • Options
    Whales will do what is needed to obtain what they choose. Absolutely no concern there and I actually think it can be healthy for the game and development. But why put FTP players at a further at a disadvantage? Why lower the number from 8 to 5 attempts? How does this benefit the game, gameplay, or player experience?
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I say make the attempts 15-20. You would still have to use crystals to do that many and it wound make everyone happy that you have that many as an option
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    szxh5p wrote: »
    Whales will do what is needed to obtain what they choose. Absolutely no concern there and I actually think it can be healthy for the game and development. But why put FTP players at a further at a disadvantage? Why lower the number from 8 to 5 attempts? How does this benefit the game, gameplay, or player experience?
    How is this change a disadvantage to F2P?

Both paying and free players had their attempts decreased from 8 to 5.

Zooming into the micro level of a single farm:

If you spend no crystals refreshing a node, at 8 attempts, you get 2.7 shards. At 5 attempts, you get 60% fewer at 1.7 shards.

If you refresh the node once at 8 attempts, you get 5.4 shards. At 5 attempts, 3.4. Still 60% fewer, the same as free players. But your refresh earned you one less linearly.

Two refreshes are similar. Proportionately the same. Linearly less. You could say that paying players can spend more to get more refreshes, but they could do that before.

Zooming out to the macro level of all farms and the roster:
    Energy per day and energy costs are unchanged. Regardless of number of attempts on a single node, there are enough nodes to spend energy on that until very late game, you have important units to gain shards for elsewhere. If you're spending 150 crystals a day on standard energy (a common choice even for free players), then with eight attempts per day you can generally maintain five standard energy farms at a time, and get a little over a dozen shards per day. With five attempts per day, you can generally maintain eight standard energy farms at a time, and get a little over a dozen shards per day.

It is the same number. Your roster grows at the same rate. And paying players get the same amount of energy. They can buy more crystals to get more energy, but that's diminishing returns and it's always been the case. Also, if you want to assume paying players are now buying more node refreshes (which gets them less return), that means they have fewer crystals to spend on energy and slows the growth of their roster as a whole.

And while I understand the desire to bum rush a single goal quickly and move on to the next, the actual gain isn't that huge. If a new player is at five attempts at eight farms, they may be advancing main farms slowly, but they're more likely to fit in useful side farms that pay dividends later, like Resistance Trooper, Veers, Rangetrooper, Sabine, FOST, and so on, and they'll reap those benefits later. The loss is marginal.

So, overall we've got no proportionate change on the micro scale between free and paying players. Linearly, paying players are getting less return on their money. And on the macro scale, the situation is unchanged until end game where there are not as many farms worth running in parallel.

Which begs the question. How is this change anti-FTP?
    Still not a he.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    With CG reducing hard nodes from 8 to 5 attempts, I feel like they've increased the shard drop odds. For every set of 5 I've gained 2-4 shards. Plus it requires less energy. So I'm starting to think this is much better.

Or I might be getting lucky is anyone else getting better drops post-update?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Nope. About the same. Give it a few months of meticulous tracking before you declare a significant change.
  • Options
    Nope, same drop rate. Its clearly a nerf.
  • Options
    I'd say lucky at this point. I've gotten 0, 1, 2, and 3 once. No 4 or 5 yet ( if I ever will).
  • Options
    Its good in terms , that i wont be using crystals on refreshes anymore. Or needing to buy any. Thanks cg
  • Options
    Nope, I have yet to get a single shard from fleet nodes since it changing. It has definitely not increased.
  • Options
    My drop rate seems better...at least for the short term.
  • Options
    Mine seems better as well....not sure if it's just placebo and me trying to be positive or what, but I do sense receiving the same amount of shards as I did from 8 as I do 5 sims.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like I’ve gotten decent drop rates sometimes, but I believe it’s still the same rate.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Costino1 wrote: »
    Mine seems better as well....not sure if it's just placebo and me trying to be positive or what, but I do sense receiving the same amount of shards as I did from 8 as I do 5 sims.

If your headache goes away when you sim then it's the placebo effect.
  • Options
    “The store ended its sale and went back to the normal prices. Was that a good move?”
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Title pretty much says it all. 8 attempts was nice, I felt like I was getting at least 1-2 shards daily, the 5 attempts leaves me empty handed and it sucks. Can we please get back to 8?
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Once upon I time it was 3. I sure don't miss those days.
  • Holy_warrior
    116 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    5 attempts, 0 shards.

Yippie. Atleast with 8 attempts i got 1 or 2 shards as a free player.

Lost all motivation to carry on along with 3/4 of my guild. Wanna screw the community even more than you already have? @CG
  • JD010
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Just wanted to thank CG for lowering the hard node attempts back to 5. I haven't needed to spend energy on crystals since. Means I won't have to buy crystals like I used to :smile:
This discussion has been closed.