Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• did anyone else notice this?

before
    UNIQUE 1:
    DESCRIPTION: Darth Malak has a 25% chance to Taunt for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock. Sith enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter (doesn't affect raid bosses).
    after
    UNIQUE 1:
    FINAL ABILITY (ZETA) DESCRIPTION: Darth Malak Taunts for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock or Fear. Sith enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter (excludes Raid Bosses). At the end of each turn, enemies who inflicted Damage Over Time on Darth Malak or critically hit him this turn are inflicted with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be resisted or evaded.

what the actual beep ( cause i'll get warned again ) ?! :D:D:D
    the rework got reworked before even being released.
  • Yea bunch of **** all it is the Longevity of this game is in big danger you cant keep this up. You guys are truly insane. You putting you name in a bad spot think of all the money you could make off the new star wars games but coming from here I won't be buying that crap. Waste money for you to treat it like you treat us. You down millions and will be down worse than before because people are getting tired
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Love the move.

Get rid of the palp cheese and no more "do I run assassin or trooper?".

Now can we get leviathan as a cap ship and put an end to falcon already? Enough with this rebel crap.
  • Cg cg cg cg leave the drugs alone pls. Crack kills
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    llldmelll wrote: »
    did anyone else notice this?

before
    UNIQUE 1:
    DESCRIPTION: Darth Malak has a 25% chance to Taunt for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock. Sith enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter (doesn't affect raid bosses).
    after
    UNIQUE 1:
    FINAL ABILITY (ZETA) DESCRIPTION: Darth Malak Taunts for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock or Fear. Sith enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter (excludes Raid Bosses). At the end of each turn, enemies who inflicted Damage Over Time on Darth Malak or critically hit him this turn are inflicted with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be resisted or evaded.

The original post was the base text, the update was to out up the final version text.
  • llldmelll wrote: »

before
    UNIQUE 1:
    after
    UNIQUE 1:

Could have been a copy and paste of the wrong version of it
  • Kyno wrote: »

before
    UNIQUE 1:
    after
    UNIQUE 1:

The original post was the base text, the update was to out up the final version text.

i was talking about that "25% chance". read the whole thing, you can't miss it :smile:
  • Crynus
    19 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

before
    UNIQUE 1:
    after
    UNIQUE 1:

i was talking about that "25% chance". read the whole thing, you can't miss it :smile:

like others have said the base level 1 ability is 25% fully upgraded it's 100% no change there
  • Translation: "A Free character can beat our new stupidly expensive character. We must change it so people buy our expensive character!!!!"

This isn't the first time they've made changes to characters because they beat the "new shiny" either. A Finn team could beat a Darth Revan team until they nerfed his leadership. (Why does he even have a leadership now?) Among other reasons it was "too good".

And yet, we're still waiting for buffs to "gen 1" characters like Mace Windu, one of the most powerful jedi known to us, which sucks in this game.
  • Mindl
    13 posts Member
    The original text is the level 1 version of the ability. They updated it to show the fully upgraded ability with the blew addition.
  • I think their problem is that they’re trying so hard to make it a black and white Revan vs revan meta. OR vs SE... I think it would be best for them to realize that they might want that but WE don’t. I have malak but I feel like constructing the amount of viable teams is moving backwards instead of forwards. I had no problem with people being able to beat my team because climbing was actually fun but now lol. It’s just gonna be a speed check constantly
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    Your greed knows no bounds. You continually take the fun out of the game just for the sake of profits. I enjoyed playing this game but you are really making me consider quitting for good. Congratulations on your move towards more capitalism.
  • Gaaazzzaaaa
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Why don't you guys stop lying to yourselves? The road ahead blog where you talk about arena diversity being the future state. Yet this absolutely shuts down arena diversity in one needless action. There's no defending you anymore..... Its just greed plain and simple
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Love the move.

Get rid of the palp cheese and no more "do I run assassin or trooper?".

Now can we get leviathan as a cap ship and put an end to falcon already? Enough with this rebel crap.

The only thing that's "cheese" is nerfing a team specifically to cater to p2w players.
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Exactly I would us zEP to climb against DRs/DBastila teams that were faster than mine. zEP doesn't hold on defense for anything. I left it in to see how far I would fall compared to DR. I ended up falling farther back than my DR team. So now all it will come down to who has the faster DR and DBast.

Well in my shard sits a DR that is 329 speed with a 297 DBast. Another with a 330 DR and 292 DBast. My DR is 320 and DBast is 289 so they are not slow but it is game over on their first 2 moves. That is why I used zEP to climb. I guess I can ask nicely in the shard chat for them to remove some mods after this re-work but it shouldn't come down to that. This update does not just hurt the ftp.

edit: Another thing. Could we please get purple mats in the mod battles for slicing materials. Thank you.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The issue i have with this type of fix is its pigeon holing us. Farm exactly this and do exactly that and you'll stay at the top.

If palp can beat the new meta... id rather think about ways in which you can shut him down. E.g. What does daze do... oh it stops tm gain.. how about i sub in a character with daze to shut down their tm gain.. oh i can't cast daze because of cbm, maybe i could fracture badsti. etc etc

I like creativity and theory crafting. These type of fixes stifle an interesting part of the game.
  • Is Capital Games trying to pis everyone off this month?! My goodness.
  • Cg: we want to move more towards a paper- rock- scissor meta.
    Also cg: it seems a paper team could still win against rock so we've changed it to flaming rock.
    Oh, and the rework idea is terrible.
  • Better start to test characters more accurately before releasing and buffing them hard after the release. People would be less mad when malak came out with speed buff build in already. Why only sith characters can't get speed turn meter? Why no other factions are affected with that? Why you have to make malak hard counter to palatine? Palatine isn't op lead It can be easily counter by others teams making arena more diversity. You making this game really unhealthy and pushing especially newer players pushing them back from this game by moves like this one. This buff is really sucks
  • Wookye
    30 posts Member
    CG is trying to IPD themselves. It's working.
  • Ryejin
    12 posts Member
    Crynus wrote: »
    Orleans wrote: »
    Finally mods matter a bit more. Thanks for that! Drevan with Malak getting hit by G9 Palp shouldn't happen at all.

Poor whale, don't like having a counter to your shiny new toy , lmao

because god forbid the players who pay money and support the game be given some kind of advantage. smh at entitled ftp.

As someone who put around $4k into the game, and that number would of been higher if I didn't go on a 6 month hiatus about a year or so into the game, I can still say I disagree with this move. I don't mind freely spending money on things I like. That's what money's for. I do however object to it, when I'm tunneled into spending, because the corporation is being greedy. The game started on the premise that if you want to be ahead you need to keep up with the meta, and that usually includes getting the new characters, and gearing them up. Sure np. It's a free game, and they gotta make money somehow, perfectly fine with this. However recently that's no longer good enough. Now they've pushed the envelope further, by not only creating specialized gear for these new characters, but also creating a short term event with no prep time to encourage impulse spending. Then after realizing the shiny new toy wasn't performing as planned, specifically altering it to counter a comp that's actually needed for meta diversity.

Sorry but as someone who supported the game, it's a bit too much. You don't have to be a FTP to see the blatant greed on the wall, and disagree with it. Honestly I find myself spending a hell of a lot less now, and logging in a lot less too. I figure at this rate it's only a matter of time until I'm actually done for good.
  • Tautas
    87 posts Member
    This update is for destroying Palpatine, but it also destroys totally my build also. In recent days I invested in my sith assasin speed drastically giving her 2 12+ gears with +6 speed. After this so called fix, sith assasin becomes like trash.

True, Palpatine could devaste Darth Revan team, but only if Palpatine team unit move faster. Faund a way to overcome that with sith assasin, invested in her and now you totally destroy that.
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    "diversity" -cg
    um, you've got to be joking or mistaken. why on earth would you not include sith empire tag (along with raid bosses) from being exempt from being 'unable to gain turn meter'
    this not only hard counters palp team, but also assassin, and thrawn... this is not diversity. and it surely is not fun. boiling success down to mod speed, by removing any tm gain heroes from the equation. SA and thrawn both gave turn meter to team, but since DR's team also carries the 'sith' tag... this is a direct nerf to the DR team. its nonsense.
  • Wookye
    30 posts Member
    Tautas wrote: »
    This update is for destroying Palpatine, but it also destroys totally my build also. In recent days I invested in my sith assasin speed drastically giving her 2 12+ gears with +6 speed. After this so called fix, sith assasin becomes like trash.

True, Palpatine could devaste Darth Revan team, but only if Palpatine team unit move faster. Faund a way to overcome that with sith assasin, invested in her and now you totally destroy that.

To be fair, the devs were hoping the players know as little about how the game works as they do.
  • Ryejin wrote: »
    Crynus wrote: »
    Orleans wrote: »
    Finally mods matter a bit more. Thanks for that! Drevan with Malak getting hit by G9 Palp shouldn't happen at all.

Poor whale, don't like having a counter to your shiny new toy , lmao

because god forbid the players who pay money and support the game be given some kind of advantage. smh at entitled ftp.

As someone who put around $4k into the game, and that number would of been higher if I didn't go on a 6 month hiatus about a year or so into the game, I can still say I disagree with this move. I don't mind freely spending money on things I like. That's what money's for. I do however object to it, when I'm tunneled into spending, because the corporation is being greedy. The game started on the premise that if you want to be ahead you need to keep up with the meta, and that usually includes getting the new characters, and gearing them up. Sure np. It's a free game, and they gotta make money somehow, perfectly fine with this. However recently that's no longer good enough. Now they've pushed the envelope further, by not only creating specialized gear for these new characters, but also creating a short term event with no prep time to encourage impulse spending. Then after realizing the shiny new toy wasn't performing as planned, specifically altering it to counter a comp that's actually needed for meta diversity.

Sorry but as someone who supported the game, it's a bit too much. You don't have to be a FTP to see the blatant greed on the wall, and disagree with it. Honestly I find myself spending a hell of a lot less now, and logging in a lot less too. I figure at this rate it's only a matter of time until I'm actually done for good.

Couldn’t agree more.

I admit I spend a lot on this game also, but taking away the diversity of different teams aka Rock Paper Scissors and offering instead of all Revan let’s make it an all Darth Revan meta is beyond frustrating, I have a Jedi Revan, Darth Revan and Malak with the ridiculous gear required for them but why take away rock (Palp) and leave only paper (jkr) and scissors (Darth Revan) is really dumb when that’s what they are going for.

If they do this I will have to rethink my spending habits on a game that just infuriates me.

Don’t nerf Palp! Or don’t make Darth Revan/Malak so lopsided against Jedi Revan!
  • I invested in Sith Assassin, so i wouldnt mind a refund, but don't and shouldnt expect one.

That said, Malek comes from the hardest content CG has ever put out... brutal doesn't begin to describe it. Should it really come as a suprise that they want it to dominate arena and not be countered by a lead that already had its day in the sun?

If beating that painful LS path, not to mention having 2 fully-geared Old Republic/SE teams, doesnt get you something shiny that will make you feared by 95% of your shard, then whats the point in playing?
  • I’m fine with DM rework, BUT the real elephant in the room is Basitlla’s corrupt battle meditation...literally the most uninteractive unique ever and basically brings the gameplay back to the Poe days on who had the faster Poe! And to compound that, the debuff is Locked! Literally hit start match and watch my team do nothing and just die to the same team, regardless of how much more gear or 6e mods I may have if their bastilla goes first it’s a **** wrap... I don’t like that brainless gameplay experience and pray they review that!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN