Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• BTW, watch out when malak comes back for the 3rd or so time, they will suddenly change his kit again or will need to create some utterly monstrosity kit (like jkr) for new toons.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • It's a unique, which means it only works while Darth Malak is alive.

This does not mean that something will not work when they are dead. Qi'ra's unique works after dead and nothing in her ability description says it shouldn't.
  • VireME wrote: »
    It’s funny. The community always loves to **** when something that was obvious to obtain slips past their fingers. Blaming is easier than accepting responsibility for poor decisions. Acquired DR FTP, and acquired Malak FTP. DR was even easier due to CG cadence allowing more time to farm for him, and not realizing Zaal, Mission, Candor, and Carth are valuable for TW and GA are just poor insight into the game. Stop blaming CG for your deficiencies.

What does this have to do with anything?
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    I genuinely am sorry if this offends anyone, but I am glad to have never spent money on this game. It almost doesnt seem legal about how EA does business, but technically it is legal because it says in the disclosure agreement that every and all things are subject to change. Basically, EA has the legal power to devalue your money. I will keep mine.
  • LMAO, adding anti-sith specifics to a sith character.

You guys are too much.
  • So how exactly am I supposed to beat teams with faster DR's and Malak now? Pray I get really lucky on my mod slicing in the next week? Why don't you just add something that specifically counters CLS teams and JKR teams while you're at it? Why do you have to pick on the one team I have that can do the trick?

This does not mean that something will not work when they are dead. Qi'ra's unique works after dead and nothing in her ability description says it shouldn't.

How about answering more of the questions on this discussion, you basically just threw a huge confusion bomb on this character...
  • Don't worry. The Emperor will get the last laugh as seen in the new star wars trailer
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    My favorite part is "... so that it performs closer to what we initially intended". CLOSER? lol
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Id like all the resources I spent on Malak returned to me. He can stay at 5 stars now.

Glad I didn’t use any GET on him.

Edit: they have since edited their edits and so must I. Taunt is back to where it should be, the anti-sith thing is just weird, as is pigeon-wholing the meta.
  • fletchmars wrote: »
    VireME wrote: »
    It’s funny. The community always loves to **** when something that was obvious to obtain slips past their fingers. Blaming is easier than accepting responsibility for poor decisions. Acquired DR FTP, and acquired Malak FTP. DR was even easier due to CG cadence allowing more time to farm for him, and not realizing Zaal, Mission, Candor, and Carth are valuable for TW and GA are just poor insight into the game. Stop blaming CG for your deficiencies.

Are you not paying attention. People are **** at Malak being “redesigned” for intended use.
    The real issue is people are mad because they didn’t acquire Malak, and CG is ensuring meta’s from over a year ago aren’t encroaching on new, emerging metas.
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    They updated to put back the taunt and everything else. Only change is elimination of bonus turn meter.

They really need someone to proofread before posting. Their copy editor appears to be asleep at the wheel. So many confusing and poorly written posts and in-game content recently between the Star Forge event, the TW bonuses, and this.
  • I get that they are trying to mitigate the Palp Factor they’ve been after these loop TM effects for awhile now. That stated, I’m not sure I understand why Sith Assassin had to get caught up in this fix. It’s one of the primary functions of her kit.
  • fletchmars wrote: »

Lol, you can tell he was just itching for a chance to brag about his "ftp" accomplishments.

Uniques stop working on death. Leaderships persist even after the leader is gone. Not sure what you are talking about.
  • Did you see the new season 7 trailer for TCW?
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Don't worry. The Emperor will get the last laugh as seen in the new star wars trailer

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb I also wanna know if this stop Thrawn Tm Swap and similar effects
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    fletchmars wrote: »

Are you not paying attention. People are **** at Malak being “redesigned” for intended use.
    The real issue is people are mad because they didn’t acquire Malak, and CG is ensuring meta’s from over a year ago aren’t encroaching on new, emerging metas.

Right. The problem is people didn't acquire Malak. So to me it sounds like it's their problem. It's not like it was a paywall or something - if you've been paying attention and learned from the past. They should test their toons more and it could have been done without the "rework". The crush of a stupid TM loop.

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Erebus2017 wrote: »
    I get that they are trying to mitigate the Palp Factor they’ve been after these loop TM effects for awhile now. That stated, I’m not sure I understand why Sith Assassin had to get caught up in this fix. It’s one of the primary functions of her kit.

Judging by how disgustingly sloppy this whole malak situation was handled, you can probably be assured that this had never even occurred to them...
  • VireME
    11 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

Lol, you can tell he was just itching for a chance to brag about his "ftp" accomplishments.

And Trolls just itching to troll. Beautiful.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Palpatine is gonna be in Episode 9! Let’s celebrate! - Quote CG before making sure he can’t beat their new and shiny nuclear missile.
  • Let me start by saying that I unlocked Malak. So this is not an argument about f2p vs p2p. I am looking at consequences of these changes to the entire Sith Faction.

The inherent problem with this unique is that Malak shuts down a lot of Sith characters just by himself. Zaul lead, good bye. Sith Assassin, good bye. Darth Nihilus in Triumvirate, good bye. Palpatine, good bye. It doesn't matter whether these Sith are in the Darth Revan team or a separate comp, they aren't viable anymore. Any Sith that benefit from TM gain isn't viable anymore. You can't use them even in Darth Revan teams or otherwise. There may be more examples, but right now I can't remember them as I type.

This leads to a situation where a Sith character actively sabotages the faction it belongs to. (Well the Sith did actually sabotage themselves in lore, but I doubt the devs were tapping into that while making these changes). Imagine if General Kenobi got a change where he actively sabotaged half the Jedi in game. This change is tantamount to that.

This also leads to a very narrow option to construct even your own Darth Revan team, whether you got Malak or not. It affects everybody and takes away a lot of theory crafting option. And that is NOT GOOD for the health of a game. What the introduction of Darth Revan did was a great opportunity to theory craft a variety of Darth Revan teams, and not a cookie cutter team like Jedi Revan (everyone ran the exact same comp).

Not every different Darth Revan comp were ideal or the very best but there were options to play around with. And now a lot of options have been taken away.

So to reiterate, the problem of this change and it's consequences are more far reaching than a simple f2p and p2p issue. Eventually everyone will have Malak and this problem will still exist when that day comes. It is not a short term issue but a long term problem that will affect the portion of the Sith Faction through the lifetime of the game if this change goes through.

So I ask CG to be more imaginative in their design approach. We know you want to shut down Emperor Palpatine lead as you do not want Malak (your latest paywall character) to be overshadowed by a meta that has existed for over a year. But please do not do that in such a way that robs the Sith Faction as a whole.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I have a feeling that you’re mad because Malak wasn’t performing well enough for you...
  • VireME
    11 posts Member
    Orleans wrote: »

Right. The problem is people didn't acquire Malak. So to me it sounds like it's their problem. It's not like it was a paywall or something - if you've been paying attention and learned from the past. They should test their toons more and it could have been done without the "rework". The crush of a stupid TM loop.

Agree 100%. This isn’t new territory.
    Ever since CLS the writing has been on the wall with direction for farming and who to gear. I get there are different types of players in this game. Collectors, competitors, etc. but don’t complain if you’re a collector and you aren’t relevant in arena.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Orleans wrote: »

God, can you two get over yourselves!? This discussion has nothing to do with whether or not players acquired malak. It's about how his mechanics are affecting the entire game, and how sloppy this whole release has been. Feel free to start your own "I got malak yay me!" discussion.
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    They just changed it again 15 minutes later. Annnnd we're back to 100% taunt chance.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201442/upcoming-change-to-darth-malak#latest
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    So this is what CG meant by changing the meta away from Rock Paper Scissors

BSF has a text that says “IF ENEMY HAS REVAN”

Now we are getting updates to kit after toons are revealed to neuter counters

Forced meta teams with no creativity (super faction specific bonuses and useless outside that faction)

CG is very possessive and this close control over how we are suppose to play a game isn’t a game anymore
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Rudra wrote: »
    Let me start by saying that I unlocked Malak. So this is not an argument about f2p vs p2p. I am looking at consequences of these changes to the entire Sith Faction.

The inherent problem with this unique is that Malak shuts down a lot of Sith characters just by himself. Zaul lead, good bye. Sith Assassin, good bye. Darth Nihilus in Triumvirate, good bye. Palpatine, good bye. It doesn't matter whether these Sith are in the Darth Revan team or a separate comp, they aren't viable anymore. Any Sith that benefit from TM gain isn't viable anymore. You can't use them even in Darth Revan teams or otherwise. There may be more examples, but right now I can't remember them as I type.

This leads to a situation where a Sith character actively sabotages the faction it belongs to. (Well the Sith did actually sabotage themselves in lore, but I doubt the devs were tapping into that while making these changes). Imagine if General Kenobi got a change where he actively sabotaged half the Jedi in game. This change is tantamount to that.

This also leads to a very narrow option to construct even your own Darth Revan team, whether you got Malak or not. It affects everybody and takes away a lot of theory crafting option. And that is NOT GOOD for the health of a game. What the introduction of Darth Revan did was a great opportunity to theory craft a variety of Darth Revan teams, and not a cookie cutter team like Jedi Revan (everyone ran the exact same comp).

Not every different Darth Revan comp were ideal or the very best but there were options to play around with. And now a lot of options have been taken away.

So to reiterate, the problem of this change and it's consequences are more far reaching than a simple f2p and p2p issue. Eventually everyone will have Malak and this problem will still exist when that day comes. It is not a short term issue but a long term problem that will affect the portion of the Sith Faction through the lifetime of the game if this change goes through.

So I ask CG to be more imaginative in their design approach. We know you want to shut down Emperor Palpatine lead as you do not want Malak (your latest paywall character) to be overshadowed by a meta that has existed for over a year. But please do not do that in such a way that robs the Sith Faction as a whole.

I agree. What I would like to see is a more creative way to implement “immune” and “unresistable” mechanics. They are a sloppy way to deal with counters. How about something like “Gains 50% turn meter and Offense Up” when stunned instead of “I’m immune, end of story.”