Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Tomaj wrote: »
    They just changed it again 15 minutes later. Annnnd we're back to 100% taunt chance.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201442/upcoming-change-to-darth-malak#latest

Wow
  • Nihion wrote: »
    VireME wrote: »
    fletchmars wrote: »
    It’s funny. The community always loves to **** when something that was obvious to obtain slips past their fingers. Blaming is easier than accepting responsibility for poor decisions. Acquired DR FTP, and acquired Malak FTP. DR was even easier due to CG cadence allowing more time to farm for him, and not realizing Zaal, Mission, Candor, and Carth are valuable for TW and GA are just poor insight into the game. Stop blaming CG for your deficiencies.

What does this have to do with anything?

Are you not paying attention. People are **** at Malak being “redesigned” for intended use.
    The real issue is people are mad because they didn’t acquire Malak, and CG is ensuring meta’s from over a year ago aren’t encroaching on new, emerging metas.

I have a feeling that you’re mad because Malak wasn’t performing well enough for you...

Malak was really good before and didn't change much now. They just blocked people from using EP with a much weaker team to beat drevan because of his mechanics. Man people complain about anything
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    So this is what CG meant by changing the meta away from Rock Paper Scissors

BSF has a text that says “IF ENEMY HAS REVAN”

Now we are getting updates to kit after toons are revealed to neuter counters

Forced meta teams with no creativity (super faction specific bonuses and useless outside that faction)

CG is very possessive and this close control over how we are suppose to play a game isn’t a game anymore

Why to test if we can do this for them, right?
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Mojo_1
    54 posts Member
    Tomaj wrote: »
    They just changed it again 15 minutes later. Annnnd we're back to 100% taunt chance.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201442/upcoming-change-to-darth-malak#latest

Clearly another well thought out change - lol.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Forced meta teams with no creativity (super faction specific bonuses and useless outside that faction)

CG is very possessive and this close control over how we are suppose to play a game isn’t a game anymore

They are definitely choking the life out of this game, and what's really pathetic is how this is all so blatantly fueled by greed.... DISGUSTING!
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Also, is that replacing the entire part about Fear being applied on crit or dot? Or was the Fear application just omitted from your note?

I also would like an answer to this question @CG_SBCrumb
  • @CG_SBCrumb Before implementing this change, consider the following instead: When a sith enemy gains turn meter, that sith loses an equal amount of turn meter (optional cannot be resisted, optional bosses immune). This slight alteration of the change allows sith marauder and sith assassin to still be usable because the turn meter gain still happens, but under DR lead, sith empire allies are immune to turn meter reductions.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    fletchmars wrote: »
    It’s funny. The community always loves to **** when something that was obvious to obtain slips past their fingers. Blaming is easier than accepting responsibility for poor decisions. Acquired DR FTP, and acquired Malak FTP. DR was even easier due to CG cadence allowing more time to farm for him, and not realizing Zaal, Mission, Candor, and Carth are valuable for TW and GA are just poor insight into the game. Stop blaming CG for your deficiencies.

What does this have to do with anything?

Are you not paying attention. People are **** at Malak being “redesigned” for intended use.
    The real issue is people are mad because they didn’t acquire Malak, and CG is ensuring meta’s from over a year ago aren’t encroaching on new, emerging metas.

I have a feeling that you’re mad because Malak wasn’t performing well enough for you...

Malak was really good before and didn't change much now. They just blocked people from using EP with a much weaker team to beat drevan because of his mechanics. Man people complain about anything

Oh no no no, I was not complaining. I was making an assumption.

A healthy game has a meta with diverse counters. Yes, a good Palp team could beat Malak/DR. And yet, for the past 4 days, a DR/5* Malak team continues to take #1 in my arena, with many close behind.

The point is that @VireME was mad because people are complaining about losing a counter to Malak. I am assuming that he has Malak, and that he thinks he is entitled to a high position in arena because he has the newest character, and therefore he is mad that Malak was underperforming due to this particular counter. And you’re right. People will complain about everything.
  • MALAK NO "E"
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Dante wrote: »
    CG: Let's come up with a character (DR) that will break the stale JKR meta and bring more diversity to arenas.
    Also CG: Let's nerf EP lead and go back to our old boring metas....

It totally ridiculous, CG claims they want to move the game in a certain direction, and then immediately take off sprinting in the exact opposite direction. This is getting out of control...

They are moving a in certain direction...towards the next level of paywalls. Just get DR and Malak next time they come around. Which is shortly before a new meta character(s) comes out to make even DR irrelevant.
  • Guess EA really didn’t like palpatine bearing up on their shiny new toy. Working closer to intention? Just be honest, you don’t want free characters beating pay for characters.
  • Crynus
    19 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I also wanna know if this stop Thrawn Tm Swap and similar effects

thrawn isnt a sith so......
  • Crynus
    19 posts Member
    Erebus2017 wrote: »
    I get that they are trying to mitigate the Palp Factor they’ve been after these loop TM effects for awhile now. That stated, I’m not sure I understand why Sith Assassin had to get caught up in this fix. It’s one of the primary functions of her kit.

a.k.a. literally the only reason anyone uses her lol
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Guess all that talk about wanting the meta to be more diverse on the most recent "Road Ahead" was just a BIG LIE.

Can't really say i am surprised, but i am disapointed for sure. :#
  • What a lazy attempt at fixing the palp squads from climbing, that you have basically shut down sith assassin and sith marauder from any turn meter gain, which are in the same faction!!!!!
  • I love the salty FTP kids crying over EP. They said they were going to make a change. We know EP was to strong vs this comp it was beyond obviously this was gonna happen. Goodjob devs solid change!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I can’t wait for a Darth Vitiate level character:
    Basic:
    Defeat enemy. Gain 100% TM.

Wait... he’s not winning?! Oh it’s Malak... what have we done...

Rework Vitiate:
    Unique: At the beginning of battle, defeat Darth Malak.

Okay we’re good. Quote the Ralphios...
    “Money please!”
  • Ultra wrote: »

Open Alpha testing lol
  • Ok class what have we learned?
  • Jawwny
    28 posts Member
    DR was beating JKR, Palp was beating DR, and JKR was beaing Palp. CLS and JTR made their appearances as well, capitalizing on anti-meta teams.We had varied teams and you had to switch things up battle to battle. It was fun. Arena was actually fun.

People I know were theory-crafting, switching new characters in and out, and there are only a few groups of people using the exact same set up. DR had various teams with R2/BB8, Talzan/Zombie, Assassin/Maurader, Thrawn/Trooper. Palp had different setups with Vader/Thrawn/Shore or the Trio with Trooper or Thrawn. JKR was even changing in Hoda/Ezra/Thrawn, We even have an JKR w/ L3-37 in my shard getting first. We were playing the game that CG has been saying they wanted us to have and after 6 months of staleness were finally given.

Then they came into our rooms, and slapped the toys out of our hands, and are going to throw them away... why? Because we haven't given you enough money over the years? Are you bored? Is there an evil spirit haunting the offices that you can't call out by name without having your livelihood taken away?

It's a shame. I still like the game, will still keep playing, and am not saying people should quit. Just gotta throw in my contribution to the community sentiment.

If your primary goal is money, it'll influence decisions that spoil the product. If your primary goal is product, then people will come to you with money in hand. Please stop spoiling the product.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Meatknife wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Did anyone take into account you just made Sith Assassin irrelevant in a mirror match? Can we have refund for this character now too?

Shhh, you shouldn't bother @CG_SBCrumb when hes very busy posting arbitrary comments like this to handle the situation...

@CG_SBCrumb
    "So how exactly am I supposed to beat teams with faster DR's and Malak now? Pray I get really lucky on my mod slicing in the next week? Why don't you just add something that specifically counters CLS teams and JKR teams while you're at it? Why do you have to pick on the one team I have that can do the trick?"
  • Crynus
    19 posts Member
    I love the salty FTP kids crying over EP. They said they were going to make a change. We know EP was to strong vs this comp it was beyond obviously this was gonna happen. Goodjob devs solid change!

i have malak and I'm unhappy. with this change CG is nuking 2 of the sith empire toons as well. you know those characters that were advertised as being ideal to use with DR. the characters people invested their precious g12+ gear on. thats why many people are ****.
  • How do you beat Darth revan and malak without Darth revan and malak?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Crynus wrote: »
    I love the salty FTP kids crying over EP. They said they were going to make a change. We know EP was to strong vs this comp it was beyond obviously this was gonna happen. Goodjob devs solid change!

i have malak and I'm unhappy. with this change CG is nuking 2 of the sith empire toons as well. you know those characters that were advertised as being ideal to use with DR. the characters people invested their precious g12+ gear on. thats why many people are ****.

When they added Malak, Sass and Marauder were absent from his synergy list... they were foreshadowing... it’s sad...
  • Along the week they will throw some weak bone trying to calm down the community.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • I’m embarrassed for you. @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
    Y’all are so bad a developing this game. New toon, horrendously obvious cash grab (unless y’all save crystals, I realize that’s a thing), you want it massively OP, when you realize AFTER THE RELEASE that theres a ftp counter you INTENTIONALLY AND BRAZENLY CHANGE THE KIT TO REFLECT A CHANGE SPECIFICALLY TO MAKE IT IMMUNE TO THAT TEAM. Seriously, this is so bad.
    Ooba hutar.