Rotate shards to break chats and freshen things up

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Again, I would destroy people who have been playing a full year less than me. So sure, let's do that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Again, I would destroy people who have been playing a full year less than me. So sure, let's do that.

Then use 1 or 3 or 6 month intervals to keep players in groups by when they started to make it more fair.

they can easily make random shards with players by the month they started playing. Random shuffle every 30 days. Mafia solved.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    How many people start playing every 30 days? Shards are 20k people.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Then use 1 or 3 or 6 month intervals to keep players in groups by when they started to make it more fair.

they can easily make random shards with players by the month they started playing. Random shuffle every 30 days. Mafia solved.

Shards are basically already everyone that started in a month. Like literally everyone. Takes about 3-4 weeks to fill a shard according to the people who watch it to make alt accounts.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    So to begin let us establish a couple of base concepts:
    1: Players need to have started around the same time
    2: Only top teams will reach top ranks
    3: Most shard chats are positive and inclusive.

This is what I've gathered from my experience and from reading this thread. Most shard chats, mine included, are fairly open and accepting. Only outsiders who are disruptive, (sniping members at payout, attacking outside their own payout, etc) are specifically targeted, and usually only after refusing an invite to join the chat.

However shard chat Mafia do exist. Players who think that somehow they deserve to keep everyone else out of the top 10. So how do we fix this with the least disruption to those who are happy with their shard chat?

Let each player change once a year to a random shard that started +/- 6 months from them. It would move them over unranked but within attack range of whatever rank they were in their old shard.

If a large sample size is noticed moving from a particular shard, and from high ranks, maybe they can break that shard up.

However shuffling all shards is not the answer.
  • DrPaedan
    60 posts Member
    Options
    I am against such shuffling. I’m a member of the chat for both my Arena and Ship shares, and everyone is super cool and cooperative about payouts. I haven’t had to worry about being sniped out of #1 payout spot ever since I joined the chats. They are also a great place to meet fellow players to talk shop outside of your own guild.

Admittedly there are shards with groups dominated by “mafia” groups (as someone put it here before), but they are in the minority, but that’s just from what I’ve heard from my guild mates in their respective arena/ship shards.

Shuffling would just bring the hassle of forming chats/alliances every month or promote selfish sniping clamouring for the top spot regardless of people’s payout times. Just my 2 cents.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    There are 2 contexts people use shard mafia rhetoric. Many that are outside of shard chats consider all of them mafia while an insider will testify that's neither the case or the mindscape of those who's inside. And then there are malacious chats governed by dictatorial rules, generally dominated by whomever set it up or whomever shouts the loudest. The later is by far a minority.
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Options
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    I see lots of complaints on forum about shard chats preventing people climbing rank.

Doesn’t affect me as I’m only top 100 but top players suffer a lot.

So why not rotate shards periodically, say once a month?

Would freshen all arenas up and add a bit more fun/interest/challenge/competitiveness to the game. Wouldn’t be to hard for devs to introduce either and would reduce complaints/rants/whining on forums

You are top 100 why don't you mind your own business and let them be lol...

Thanks for that insightful comment 😀👍

But my post wasn’t just aimed at the shard chats, it was also about adding a bit of variety. If you move shards it allows you to battle different people instead of same people everyday
  • Options
    And 2-3 days after reshuffle chats would be back and theres no wsy anyone in top 50 would want to be placed in the 5k range starting out and have to climb back every month would cause more players to quite cause now arena takes up even more time then before
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Regardless of how anyone feels about shard chats, this is the fastest way to kill the game.

Agreed. I'm not in my shard chat, nor do I care to be apart of it. It will certainly kill another 20% of the player base. Particularly ones that spend.
  • Options
    This just sounds like sour grapes to me. Changing shards is unfair on the basis that each shard consists of people who started playing at almost the exact same date. Giving equal opportunities. What if you’re a 1 year player in a shard of 3 year players, you’d be in the thousands despite how hard you try. Single payout if also the most stupid idea I’ve ever seen on this forum. Get gud bro
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    Thanks for that insightful comment 😀👍

But my post wasn’t just aimed at the shard chats, it was also about adding a bit of variety. If you move shards it allows you to battle different people instead of same people everyday

Erm you do know you aren’t actually battling real people right? You’re fighting an AI.

Oh and how is battling the same DR/Malak teams or JKR teams a bit of variety?

So I’d love to hear how shaking up shards brings us variety. Do share Op! You seem to be oh so insightful
  • lordteri
    76 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    [Removed image as uncensored username in image] ~Rtas

my shard.

to all those smart ones....this is exactly how shard chat works.....i am not the one who wrote those above, though guy who was declined try to pull me to their part of shard chat; i declined, been in fights with those smart boys for over 2 years now(they even make guild of their own now, heh)( its challenge for me, but that why its called arena; though u go 8 to 1 :) ), so in short, all shard chats are abuse of both game rules and players on that shard....simple as that. Unfortunately it wont change coz CG likes this way....as long they like it, it will stay as it is....

and yes, chats can be good if u have normal player in it....but every member who get in chat think they are entitled to be first and get crystal, and if some poor soul try to climb to get some, chat is immediately activated to snipe him down.....so...tell me , what to do?????
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Options
    lordteri wrote: »

to all those smart ones....this is exactly how shard chat works.....

That is how one shard chat works and is the minority when it comes to these groups.

Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    jdwcp2uur6fs.jpg

That is how one shard chat works and is the minority when it comes to these groups.

This is very common actually, if it wasn't common so many people would not have similar experiences.

Saying it is a minority so it's okay is a cop out... Doesn't really address the issue at all
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    jdwcp2uur6fs.jpg

This is very common actually, if it wasn't common so many people would not have similar experiences.

Saying it is a minority so it's okay is a cop out... Doesn't really address the issue at all

Lordteri claimed that (quote) "this is exactly how shard chats work". He's wrong. Kyno is right in correcting him. It's how that particular shard chat works. I believe only a minority work that way - but we can never know for sure.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    jdwcp2uur6fs.jpg

see above comment.

please take some time and do a search on the forum for this topic. There are quite a few posts about this topic. In those posts you will notice that the majority of responses will be to the effect of "my shard chat is inclusive/friendly/just here to not hurt someone elses PO" and to a lesser extent "locking people out/bully/or other negative effects". I based my statements on that.

Please tell me what do you base your comment on that this is common?

I never said this makes it ok, or that it shouldn't be addressed. I was merely pointing out that what he was saying was not true. Generally speaking on this topic, my motives are to push people to actually put forth a solution that works for everyone. This is hard to do and many have tried but never address the full picture, it usually only solves a small problem and makes several others at the same time.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    [Removed image as uncensored username in image] ~Rtas

my shard.

to all those smart ones....this is exactly how shard chat works.....i am not the one who wrote those above, though guy who was declined try to pull me to their part of shard chat; i declined, been in fights with those smart boys for over 2 years now(they even make guild of their own now, heh)( its challenge for me, but that why its called arena; though u go 8 to 1 :) ), so in short, all shard chats are abuse of both game rules and players on that shard....simple as that. Unfortunately it wont change coz CG likes this way....as long they like it, it will stay as it is....

and yes, chats can be good if u have normal player in it....but every member who get in chat think they are entitled to be first and get crystal, and if some poor soul try to climb to get some, chat is immediately activated to snipe him down.....so...tell me , what to do?????
    That is not how shard chats work. Shard chats work by giving people a way to communicate so they can avoid stepping on each others toes and have to battle more than necessary. It's about communication and ease, not monopolization and control. I don't see anything in that **** about a chat. I see talk of an alliance. They didn't want to let you in their alliance though there is another one.
    jdwcp2uur6fs.jpg

There is no issue at hand. Most of the people in this thread have never been invited to a shard chat. Some of them have and declined. When people choose not to communicate with their peers they get targeted because THEY THEMSELVES chose to be left out. That is not a mafia. That's someone who wants to be treated like part of a group without wanting to give anyone the respect of talking to them.

There are some shard chats that exclude people. This is disappointing to hear, but it is not an issue. Why? because it is going to happen occasionally. Anything that will be done to fix it will only cause more issues.

There's no way this can be perfect. The way it is now is the best it can be. Trying to make it "better" is only going to make it worse.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    jdwcp2uur6fs.jpg

Nor really. What's common are the complaints due to inability of seeing the top from non-shard chat people. However when you unfold the various types of situations...it's much more complex.

That particular chats way of doing things is very inefficient and stoopidly personalised. How did 2 chats rivalry happen in the first place? While they are successful dominating their shard, are they really not doing it at their own expense? They have to constantly follow anyone else trying to breach, spend extra refills to ensure sending them back and sacrifice a substantial amount of time while doing so.

This is how we perceive outsiders in my chat;
    Are their team worth climbing, do they consistently spend the effort to mod and develop meta teams? If not they are temporally around, they will only show up in top 20 occasionally. If they managed to develop a very solid team, then we start minding how they behave. Are they observant and respectful of other people's climbs or are they simply going for the longest jumps? This is not only restricted to those they happen to share payouts with but general traffic. Many in the chat has side deals with many folks outside the chat. While we will prioritise not hitting chat peeps in our climbs, we also allow respectful outsider climbers rite of passage if they behave non disruptively. Frequently this happens without any communication on both ends. Anyone outside, even without any english can understand what's going on if they observe. Then those who apply to get in will cause a joint vote and acceptance will depend on their previous track record and their demeanor while contacting us.

I've been in many chats due to playing alts or acc.s I temporarly tend to help some guildies. I've also listened to countless occasions of my guildies both inside and outside chats. What my own 2 chats does is more or less the common approach as it's the one that's efficient.

And not everyone in the chat behaves the same way given that how I stated it is the overall approach. Some are more vengeful and chase people around which we as a chat are neither responsible for or care for.

And yes, that type of vengefulness does become a common attitude or can make it into the rules of that particular chat in some chats that I consider the minority.

This is my experience as a day 1 player as one of the first to make it into both of the chats formed in my 2 shards.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    jdwcp2uur6fs.jpg

Nor really. What's common are the complaints due to inability of seeing the top from non-shard chat people. However when you unfold the various types of situations...it's much more complex.

That particular chats way of doing things is very inefficient and stoopidly personalised. How did 2 chats rivalry happen in the first place? While they are successful dominating their shard, are they really not doing it at their own expense? They have to constantly follow anyone else trying to breach, spend extra refills to ensure sending them back and sacrifice a substantial amount of time while doing so.

Are their team worth climbing, do they consistently spend the effort to mod and develop meta teams? If not they are temporally around, they will only show up in top 20 occasionally. If they managed to develop a very solid team, then we start minding how they behave. Are they observant and respectful of other people's climbs or are they simply going for the longest jumps? This is not only restricted to those they happen to share payouts with but general traffic. Many in the chat has side deals with many folks outside the chat. While we will prioritise not hitting chat peeps in our climbs, we also allow respectful outsider climbers rite of passage if they behave non disruptively. Frequently this happens without any communication on both ends. Anyone outside, even without any english can understand what's going on if they observe. Then those who apply to get in will cause a joint vote and acceptance will depend on their previous track record and their demeanor while contacting us.

I've been in many chats due to playing alts or acc.s I temporarly tend to help some guildies. I've also listened to countless occasions of my guildies both inside and outside chats. What my own 2 chats does is more or less the common approach as it's the one that's efficient.

And not everyone in the chat behaves the same way given that how I stated it is the overall approach. Some are more vengeful and chase people around which we as a chat are neither responsible for or care for.

And yes, that type of vengefulness does become a common attitude or can make it into the rules of that particular chat in some chats that I consider the minority.

This is my experience as a day 1 player as one of the first to make it into both of the chats formed in my 2 shards.

Agree with most of what you said, but the image the guy linked doesn't seem to be for a shard chat at all. Looks like he was trying to join a crew chat to me. Now there seems to be 2 crews made up of the members of his shard. They told him to try the other crew because they're full. Doesn't really seem to have anything to do with a shard chat.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    jdwcp2uur6fs.jpg

Agree with most of what you said, but the image the guy linked doesn't seem to be for a shard chat at all. Looks like he was trying to join a crew chat to me. Now there seems to be 2 crews made up of the members of his shard. They told him to try the other crew because they're full. Doesn't really seem to have anything to do with a shard chat.

If I understand it correctly there are 2 shard chats relevant to that shard. One is fully dominating the other one, the other one is setup in retaliation to it yet didn't suceed at getting the top spots. It's naturally between an outsider and a member of the dominating chat.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    jdwcp2uur6fs.jpg

If I understand it correctly there are 2 shard chats relevant to that shard. One is fully dominating the other one, the other one is setup in retaliation to it yet didn't suceed at getting the top spots. It's naturally between an outsider and a member of the dominating chat.

I agree with most of that, except it seemed to me that there were 2 crews that were set up that way, not chats. Use of the word alliance makes it seem like crews and not chats to me.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    jdwcp2uur6fs.jpg

I agree with most of that, except it seemed to me that there were 2 crews that were set up that way, not chats. Use of the word alliance makes it seem like crews and not chats to me.

Lol now the pic is gone. I don't know. I'm assuming it in the context of this topic and that's the only way I can understand it since it's posted here.
  • Atzel
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Shard chats should not exist , i am all up for changes ! There are different solutions to that problem...
    Make Payout on top personal rank per day is good option.
    Or more Crystals to Grand Arena or Territory Wars and less Crystals in Squad Arena.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Every solution has already been suggested and the problems those solutions cause have also already been pointed out.
  • Options
    Shard chats are cheating. Plain and simple. In any other game, sport, or any type of competition, they'd be against the rules. CG should do in SWGOH what they always had in HODA, have rotating buffs for factions so we don't have a single meta. It would make arena interesting instead of it just being an auction to decide who's the most gullible.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ruin3rr wrote: »
    Shard chats are cheating. Plain and simple. In any other game, sport, or any type of competition, they'd be against the rules. CG should do in SWGOH what they always had in HODA, have rotating buffs for factions so we don't have a single meta. It would make arena interesting instead of it just being an auction to decide who's the most gullible.

since it's not against the rules, it isn't cheating. Also, cycling...

I personally don't really see the difference between an evolving meta and rotating buffs either. The players with the best mods and roster will stay on top and everyone will use the same (buffed) team. I'm not familiar with HODA though, so if there's more to it than that, please do enlighten me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    ruin3rr wrote: »

Congrats for the worst suggestion ever. I'm glad I quitted Hoda the moment Swgoh came into being and also glad Swgoh will never took up bad Hoda ideas.

• DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Shard chats are not cheating. The Shard everyone are in work just fine. Please dont change them.