Rotate shards to break chats and freshen things up

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

So a player going from 1 to 1000 because this game is international and the swap happens when they are asleep, they wake up and battle to see they are now rank 1000. How exactly does that level of fairness not have an issue that would need to be addressed?

Well technically in the Season Idea I'm proposing people would go from 1000 (victories) to 0 at the end of every season. Then they would need to climb back up the ladder the same as everyone else for the new season.

It would also eliminate all the in-actives (you know the dead JKR, NS, zBS teams clogging 500 - 5000) from the shards since they would never get victories.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

So a player going from 1 to 1000 because this game is international and the swap happens when they are asleep, they wake up and battle to see they are now rank 1000. How exactly does that level of fairness not have an issue that would need to be addressed?

Well technically in the Season Idea I'm proposing people would go from 1000 (victories) to 0 at the end of every season. Then they would need to climb back up the ladder the same as everyone else for the new season.

It would also eliminate all the in-actives (you know the dead JKR, NS, zBS teams clogging 500 - 5000) from the shards since they would never get victories.

Then they can pay money to get to the meta and win again.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @Dar_Penthar presumption is the mother of all [Removed - CM] .

If I’m sitting in top 5 is cause I do love to fight and I sometimes take off mods and drop a little to fight my way back up. Don’t mistake being in top 5 consistently and not ever leaving.

It wasn't a presumption it was based on your comments... no harm no foul
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    What I’m trying to understand is why do people come on here and feel like their opinion matters and a game developer should do it.

What’s even worse is presuming you represent the general consensus.

@Dar_Penthar this comment isn’t aimed at you ;-) more so at the OP
  • Options
    What I’m trying to understand is why do people come on here and feel like their opinion matters and a game developer should do it.

What’s even worse is presuming you represent the general consensus.

Or that somehow, something that negatively affects you somehow harms the game as a whole.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

Yup.... I never said I wanted to penalize the P2W crowd. Lets face it that crowd is the life blood of the game so yes let them continue to use crystal refreshes to fight for placement just like everyone else. They have an advantage as they should.

My only goal is to break up shard chats that are exclusive of new people.

• Options

Yup.... I never said I wanted to penalize the P2W crowd. Lets face it that crowd is the life blood of the game so yes let them continue to use crystal refreshes to fight for placement just like everyone else. They have an advantage as they should.

That seems like an overkill of a solution.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

I hate the complaining as much as anyone, but at least in this game, the developers have shown that they will listen from time to time when the complaints are numerous enough. Remember the TW toon bans?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    I’m guessing you don’t belong to a shard chat. Well I would strongly suggest you try and join yours. Your goal sounds a little Thanos oriented 😂 you aren’t going to eliminate half the population of the world too are you? 😂
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF true!
    As long as what we ask for seems reasonable and constructive. I highly doubt that this thread qualifies as reasonable and/or constructive.
    Asking a game to get rid off a part of what adds to their community isn’t a brilliant idea. Might as well ask them to can the game changers program 😂
  • Options
    I’m guessing you don’t belong to a shard chat. Well I would strongly suggest you try and join yours. Your goal sounds a little Thanos oriented 😂 you aren’t going to eliminate half the population of the world too are you? 😂

If only I had the power!!!! muwahahahaha <- my best evil laugh.... (Sarcasm intended)

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Shard chats are fine

People who don’t have solid team or mods to climb just like to blame it on shard chats
    lol, that's such ****.

I have a fully maxed out Darth Revan team and I still hate shard chats because they keep people like me from reaching #1 rank.

I can easily reach #1 rank but I'm being attacked and being held in a battle for 5 minutes by the shard member so the guy in #1 rank gets his payout while his buddy is literally preventing me from moving up.

Your entire point is ignorant and stereotypical.

conversely, I can tell you that my shard chat is all about not hitting people who are in payouts and maximizing payouts for everyone. So now we are one v one on examples.

I know in my shard chat, we have hit people for jumping/attacking at random times and knocking people out of payouts for no reason. That person then finds us and playing within the rules...everyone is good.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Shard chats are fine

People who don’t have solid team or mods to climb just like to blame it on shard chats
    @Ultra

lol, that's such a **** and useless response that helps absolutely no one.

I have a fully maxed out Darth Revan team and I still hate shard chats because they keep people like me from reaching #1 rank.

I can easily reach #1 rank but I'm being attacked and being held in a battle for 5 minutes by the shard member so the guy in #1 rank gets his payout while his buddy is literally preventing me from moving up.

Have you tried to contact your shard chat? Have you been hitting people all hours of the day? Have you made any effort to coexist with the rest of your shard?

Most people who complain about shard chats are the people who are causing trouble for the shard.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Shard chats are fine

@Ultra

Have you tried to contact your shard chat? Have you been hitting people all hours of the day? Have you made any effort to coexist with the rest of your shard?

Most people who complain about shard chats are the people who are causing trouble for the shard.

I used to be with them but they're mostly ****. So I left.

Hmm, I wonder what the group of people on the other side of this story would say.
  • Options
    Shard chats are fine

@Ultra

I used to be with them but they're mostly insecure narcissistics. So I left.

And no. I don't hit them when I'm not supposed to. I go for #1 when it's my payout but they don't let me. They have one of their buddies get the spot and keep it until my payout passes.

so..when you were in the shard...did you get to no. 1? If so, why would you can if they are or are not insecure?
  • Options
    Shard chats are fine

@Ultra

And no. I don't hit them when I'm not supposed to. I go for #1 when it's my payout but they don't let me. They have one of their buddies get the spot and keep it until my payout passes.

so..when you were in the shard...did you get to no. 1? If so, why would you can if they are or are not insecure?

Sometimes. But there was a lot of drama there and I left after about a week.

But why would you care? You got first...that's the whole point.
  • Options
    Shard chats are fine

@Ultra

Why would I care about drama? Because it affected me directly? What an odd question.

The shard seemed to be filled with very immature and narcissistic people. It's not worth it.

So you were in your shard chat, had an opportunity to work within the system to push for a better atmosphere that would be beneficial to all. And instead left and decided all chats are evil and need to be destroyed/disbanded?
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    This is quite possibly the worst suggestion ever made in the history of this forum.

Hmm I wonder what the average rank of everyone who disagrees with this idea is: https://swgoh.gg/p/974363143/

Please at least try to come from an unbiased place...
  • Options
    Do people think that changing shards up means they would automatically get 1st after? A changeup means noone knows anyones po, someone doing a fight before bed could end up blocking you then. You would be guranteed to have to babysit your phone for 20minutes minimum before every payout if you were trying to hold first. I'd bet most shards are more about time saving/maximizing everyone crystals then they are about trying to bone the people not in chat. Even outside the top 50 you have people content getting top 100, 200 whatever, but then every month they would be forced to do tons of fighting to get back into that slot. So a drastic proposal like changing shards every month would benefit a few dozen people and hose everyone else.
  • Options
    They need to allow bigger jumps at the top end of the arena.....the top 10 spots are too insulated. They also need to level out the crystal scale more....having 500 crystals for the top spot and 200 for #11 makes no sense when there is no real "top" spot as several people are getting that same payout each day and it also creates a huge disparity of crystals day in and day out when several people are all getting that 500 crystal payout.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Regardless of how anyone feels about shard chats, this is the fastest way to kill the game.

Why????!!!

Shard chats kill game, challenge/ interest stimulates game

No, lack of diversity will kill this game way before any shard chat will.

Agreed. It's a shame that CLS/Chaze killed the game and no one can play it anymore.
  • Options
    Shard chats are fine

@Ultra

Why would I care about drama? Because it affected me directly? What an odd question.

The shard seemed to be filled with very immature and narcissistic people. It's not worth it.

Edit: And like I said, I got #1 sometimes. This game isn't a job, it's a hobby. I don't mind not being #1 every day but when you have people constantly teaming up on you and holding you back day after day, it starts to get annoying.

I am somewhat involved in my shard chat because they are smart people and I learn a lot from them. But there are plenty of those who are not in the chat other than sticking in their payout. If you dislike the conversation, just ignore discord and keep your eyes on the crystals.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    This is quite possibly the worst suggestion ever made in the history of this forum.

Hmm I wonder what the average rank of everyone who disagrees with this idea is: https://swgoh.gg/p/974363143/

Please at least try to come from an unbiased place...

I was kinda hoping you posted your own swgoh.gg profile, silly me..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I was kinda hoping you posted your own swgoh.gg profile, silly me..

Here you go sir (based on your profile pic but just incase) or madam: https://swgoh.gg/p/677767716/