Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    maraexibil wrote: »
    Clarified to state ranking within a division/league. My Aurodium league has approximately 10k players.

So yes, Rank 600 (6%) is getting the same end of month rewards as rank 10000 (bottom dweller).
    Liath wrote: »
    The GAC reward structure must be adjusted.

I don't understand why the rewards brackets are so narrow and topheavy. Bottom tier is rank 501+. With 10000+ players per division this means that 95% of players get the same rewards. I don't see how such a reward structure can motivate 95% of players to try to rank higher.

Or to put it in a different light, being in the top 6% gives you the same end of month rewards as a bottom dweller.

There are a lot of brilliant calculating minds in the dev team and management. I'm not sure why this obvious mistake was missed.

In addition to being divided by division, those ranks are also divided by league. The person in last place in kyber is getting better rewards than the person in first place in aurodium, and so on. So no, being in the top 6% does not give you the same rewards as a bottom dweller.

If you want to call somebody who made to Aurodium a bottom dweller, then ok. Not how I would use that term. The bonuses for placing at the top within a league within a division are basically irrelevant anyway and not worth getting worked up about it.
  • maraexibil
    197 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Clarified comment further to say bottom dweller of that league. Take note that no clarification was needed for carbonite league. Also, comments like these support my point even further.

With such a reward structure not "worth getting worked up" about, I don't see how this flawed structure can motivate players to rank higher. GAC was supposed to be the ultimate competitive mode and you have some 95% within a league taking lowest tier rewards. And, if the rewards are as bad as you say, players will just need to cross-league (promoted to the one they like) and just coast the rest of GAC. Worse: barely hit Aurodium and set bad defense to troll their opponents into not getting into Kyber.

Refining my example further, I see a rank 19000 in a friend's league. They get as much as rank 501 for end of month rewards.

The suggested improvement is clear: broaden the bin widths/tiers within a league.
    Clarified to state ranking within a division/league. My Aurodium league has approximately 10k players.

So yes, Rank 600 (6%) is getting the same end of month rewards as rank 10000 (bottom dweller).
    The GAC reward structure must be adjusted.

I don't understand why the rewards brackets are so narrow and topheavy. Bottom tier is rank 501+. With 10000+ players per division this means that 95% of players get the same rewards. I don't see how such a reward structure can motivate 95% of players to try to rank higher.

Or to put it in a different light, being in the top 6% gives you the same end of month rewards as a bottom dweller.

There are a lot of brilliant calculating minds in the dev team and management. I'm not sure why this obvious mistake was missed.

In addition to being divided by division, those ranks are also divided by league. The person in last place in kyber is getting better rewards than the person in first place in aurodium, and so on. So no, being in the top 6% does not give you the same rewards as a bottom dweller.

If you want to call somebody who made to Aurodium a bottom dweller, then ok. Not how I would use that term. The bonuses for placing at the top within a league within a division are basically irrelevant anyway and not worth getting worked up about it.

• The beginning of the end of this game has begun.
  • Can we stop this nonsense right now? GA is the worst thing to be added since pvp tournaments. It's fine if you want give people something to compete in but remove all rewards and just grant titles and stupid crap like that. That way people that hate your stupid mini TW aren't forced to play it.

Lol someone is salty
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Gannon wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Your right...they don't care..even though the zatas weight should be accounted for. And yet the disadvantage is still persistent from my prospective matching since inception of the game mode. I purposely skipped the second week to test the theory...and it held true. They know it exists and yet fail to fix it. Rant over.

Zetas are definitely accounted for, that's why everyone is not getting the balance. It's basically always one person with tons more geared toons vs someone with tons more zetas in almost literally every complaint on these forums. Both sides have a chance, both are whining that it's unfair, and none of them look at the math of it and understand.

Wrong try again!..I can count Zetas..and g12..g13 that was more then I had..to include meta toons....I do have way more g8-g9 toons though...but those don't count..or so they say, To assume you understand what is going on in my matches better then I do...is rather bold of you wouldn't you agree. If zeta weight was counted....then it wouldn't be so lopsided....or are you saying that even if I was in that position higher g12,then my g12s should be able to counter a zeta. All of my GACs have me coming up on 7th place for months now and I'm always out zeta...the ones I win my opponent doesn't attack or set proper defense. Under your argument I should be winning more. You couldn't be more wrong! From my matching prospective.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Can we stop this nonsense right now? GA is the worst thing to be added since pvp tournaments. It's fine if you want give people something to compete in but remove all rewards and just grant titles and stupid crap like that. That way people that hate your stupid mini TW aren't forced to play it.

Lol someone is salty

Just use your normal account already
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Adios

stay classy Cleveland...or in your case
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Can we stop this nonsense right now? GA is the worst thing to be added since pvp tournaments. It's fine if you want give people something to compete in but remove all rewards and just grant titles and stupid crap like that. That way people that hate your stupid mini TW aren't forced to play it.

Lol someone is salty

Lol someone is salty

Lol are you accusing this guy of being someone else
    Adios

I’m not leaving. Everyone else seems to be. They will be missed.
  • Can we please talk about the pathetic rewards for the final rankings for a minute?
    I finished 2000th in Division 3 Kyber final reward is 3200 GAC tokens. That is roughly 45 Kryotech pieces. Seriously? 5 weeks worth of never missing a GA, do every feat that I can realistically do and I get less than 1 half of 1 Kryotech gear piece? What a joke. Yes I know there are rewards along the way, but those have always been there with the exception of the tokens you get for each round. And dont forget we are getting way less mod material overall. Why no gear box? 5 weeks of grinding? Come on!!! It almost makes me sad for the **** that actually cheated to get there.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Lol someone is salty

Lol someone is salty

Lol are you accusing this guy of being someone else
    Adios

I’m not leaving. Everyone else seems to be. They will be missed.

ok.... that last sentence was good :)
  • The rewards are pathetic for the effort you have to put in - I'm considering not even joining next time, it reflects badly on a game when it becomes an unwelcome chore to do certain things because the rewards (fun and progress) are so bad...
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Can we please talk about the pathetic rewards for the final rankings for a minute?
    I finished 2000th in Division 3 Kyber final reward is 3200 GAC tokens. That is roughly 45 Kryotech pieces. Seriously? 5 weeks worth of never missing a GA, do every feat that I can realistically do and I get less than 1 half of 1 Kryotech gear piece? What a joke. Yes I know there are rewards along the way, but those have always been there with the exception of the tokens you get for each round. And dont forget we are getting way less mod material overall. Why no gear box? 5 weeks of grinding? Come on!!! It almost makes me sad for the **** that actually cheated to get there.

I have to agree here, i played and joined GAC because i liked it, and i still will in the future, but at least a according gear box should be added to the final reward, that would feel more ok, after 5 weeks of planning and fighting, only getting the tokens and a silly ammount of credits doesn't feel as a fully reward.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • I thought the goal of GAC was to find the best player in the world ?

Have you seen the player rank 1 kyber in division 1? He has no Malak. He is ranked 72 arena and 63 fleet and has only 1 G13.

Thousands of players can beat him
  • I think the rewards are ridiculous, and the steep decline of rewards after the top 3 is insane. It's already insane in arena, but there I only have to face my shard, now we face a whole division of players?

Give us some slack, I had players quiting, cause G13 made their whole hard grinded G12 rosters worthless and they had more sense then me to refuse to buy a hundred dollar pack. The amount of Cryotech needed is insane... and I have to choose to take 3 characters to G13 or Padme... who only needs....ooh... 300 cryotech!!!

Stunguns where bad.... really bad... now i have stunguns AND cryotech to deal with. And yes slowly ... after months... EA might hand us out some more Cryotech gear, but what do i care? Everything becomes useless in the end when a new paywall appears or a lazy programmed event like Geo TB.

Another game where EA is milking their players like addicted cows. This is the last EA game I'm EVER playing and I honestly am only hanging on to a thread to even play swgoh cause of the fun community of players. Course ..even those sympathies get milked and exploited by greed.

GAC was fun, for a while, now everyone is talking about the cheating. My GAC got ruined by two game freezes, making me miss out on over 1500 whatever points.

It would have been cool if we we gained what we need to gear up one character to G13, Give us one finisher piece and 100 Cryotech ...would that have been so much to ask after 5 weeks of GAC? We need to be pleasantly surprised for a chance, this community needs it!
  • how and where can I register the one cheater ??? because ingame nothing happens !!!! is already marked. And goes into the top 3 in the arena, every day. I looked at his toons. and he can not get a C3 and Thrawn with these guys !!! Impossible
  • Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • maverick6969
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @CG_Leviathan dwacdafb1ayj.jpg impossible to get C3. and that on 6 * .... otherwise it will be noticeable. but thrawn he got himself on 7 *
  • there are still so many hints in his rooster that I get sick ...... if you want to start fighting cheaters then start with this one !!!
  • oh Wow, yes indeed, if he has C3PO on 7*, it would be very suspicious
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining

• With that he got Grand Admiral Thrawn on 7 starsxa1pbmq6u71b.jpg
  • Should prob clarify what you think definition of cheating is. Are ppl cheating when using anakin in sith with ns? Are they cheating when waiting till last second to attack in ga (taking advantage of timezone hole (opponent cannt attack while sleeping and if they attack early the last to attack has advantage) just saying there are some obvious holes in game that if a player thinks about it the game wasnt meant to be played that way yet ppl have attitude that if its not against rules its ok.
  • You really needbtonfix timeszones tho or have ppl select a 6 hour window to attack in ga and match them with players of same time selection. Right now thats the biggestbhole i see in this game.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    nothign like waiting a month to buy a few salvage in that GAC store.... it's horrible... now see you in TWO months to use it again !!!

awesome

EDIT... the gear is good... just the concept is horrible
  • So when is the next GA coming????
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    So when is the next GA coming????

August?
  • Jack1210 wrote: »

August?

We hope never

• Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Can we please talk about the pathetic rewards for the final rankings for a minute?

I can't agree more,i finished also in Kyber,and let me tell you a thing,you can't get much with the final prize and also you can't get any gear that you want,now i need around 600 stun guns for my galactic republic team and i just can't buy any from the GAC store,you don't have so far any toons/ship that might give you an advantage in other game mods like the TB store has.I would say that a gear box that offers the same rewards as the TB one should be fair,not to mention that they should be more rewarding at a higher tier and at thw top tiears they should be like x2 a TB gear box just because it runs for 5 weeks thats more then 2 tb and the period between them.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »

August?

We hope never

Strong disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »

August?

We hope never

Strong disagree.

With a complete lack of respect!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Anyone else think ships are only going to be added to GAC once people start maxxing Negotiator and Malevolence. I mean the way people see it now no matter how you set your ship team against your opponent odds are it's going to be a wash with maybe a one or two point difference.... Now I want ships in GAC but they will not add ships to GAC until there are teams that can only be beaten 0-25% percent of the time by non god teams...

So I'm hopeful ships comes to GAC but more worried they will only be added to create instaloss's... not sure if that fits with their "less than 5% blowout rate goal"

When you get in a bracket where it's 3 auto blowouts and your sitting at 100% blowout rate that 5% rate makes people lol...

I do want ships in GAC but if they are only going to contribute to an increase in the blowout rate goal of 5% maybe they SHOULD keep ships out of GAC

That would stink as I'm a big ship fan... gonna be a lot of ship haters really mad when they lose their kyber status to the people who lock off an entire area with their god fleet by people who still have 5 months just to unlock a new ship..

We know it prob won't be the next one or one after that.... But my guess is there won't be ships in GAC until their numbers show a certain percentage of people with an unlock..... otherwise people will be raging...

Question is what's that number lol :)