Missing cancelled GA rewards

Replies

• TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Wookiebush wrote: »
    Boss: the company is giving out bonuses this year. Good job everyone. By the way, the bonuses are just your normal paycheck.
    People in this thread: that seems like a rational and completely normal decision and we have no right to complain

How is that in any way analogous to this situation?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11597 posts Moderator
    Options
    Proper analogy would be the company getting rid of employee of the week where winner gets $1000 dollars and replacing it with employee of the month reward program that gives more than four weeks of employee of the week

Unfortunately, during the 2 week interim to transition they will have to stop employee of the week program and introduced a temp employee of the day where the reward is $100
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Boss: the company is giving out bonuses this year. Good job everyone. By the way, the bonuses are just your normal paycheck.
    People in this thread: that seems like a rational and completely normal decision and we have no right to complain
    More like, "You're getting a bonus. We're doubling your hourly pay for these three days."
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    More like your boss telling you that you regular pay will be dropped for a month however they will give you a monthly bonus to make up for it. A week later they announce everyone is getting a new office chair so the staff is happy. 2 weeks later the boss announces your new office chair was the monthly bonus they were talking about. The new chair is nice and all but that doesn't replace what you would normally get. So the staff starts throwing the new office chairs at the boss.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    You're just coming up with increasingly insane analogies that are not, in fact, what it is like.

Besides, GA is a small portion of overall income, and it's about to give significantly more when it comes back. Consider the upcoming GAC rewards part of the compensation.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

How is that in any way analogous to this situation?

TVF is just salty that CG hasn't paid him yet.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TOYODAcamry
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Where. Are. My. Guaranteed. Zeta. And. Omega. Rewards. From. GA?

Thank you for making your players feel bad CG.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Apologies for the confusion. The Double Drops are the additional events we scheduled to make up for the lack of TBs this month. This is not designed to be a one to one replacement for all the materials you would have earned from GA but it gives you the option to focus on farming whatever gear and squads you need to prepare for Grand Arena Championships.

So where are the garunteed zetas?

I like the possibility of getting double drops on zeta in fleet challenge... but double of 0 is still less than id get in GA.
  • Ultra
    11597 posts Moderator
    Options
    Are we pretending double drops are over? Because we still have two more days of double drop zeta mats
  • Options
    Where. Are. My. Guaranteed. Zeta. Mats?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    So where are the garunteed zetas?

I like the possibility of getting double drops on zeta in fleet challenge... but double of 0 is still less than id get in GA.
    12.5% of GA participants get 0 zetas. Less than 12.5% of players will get 0 zetas from the challenges during double drops.
    Still not a he.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Are we pretending double drops are over? Because we still have two more days of double drop zeta mats

Nope we arent... but i do count on fleet challenges and GA for zetas as well as my fleet arena wins.

So giving me double in fleet challenge works... as long as its garunteed
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Options
    This is my third time playing SWGOH during a x2 drop event, and I hold the drop rates are MUCH lower during these events. For example, I have not received a single zeta drop or even a gold material this time. I averaged 1 in 3 drops for FBLuke before the x2, but with 5 refreshes and 8 energy per attempt, I yielded a 8.9% drop rate..... from roughly 33% to 8.9%.... 2 x 0 = 0..... and this bonus event just leaves me liking the game less and feeling angry at the developers. :(
    3t1z428lpoy6.png
    uf3royaf7qa3.png
  • Ultra
    11597 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Its just your luck, buddy

We are about to get 1+1 = 2 at least
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    This is my third time playing SWGOH during a x2 drop event, and I hold the drop rates are MUCH lower during these events.

You are wrong and your individual sample size isn't enough to prove otherwise.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Some people are luckier on double drop, some people aren't. That's the way it will always be with rng
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Maybe these double drop events would seem better if they doubled the chance, rather than doubling what you get.

In other words increase the chance of each draw from (supposedly, i believe) 33% to 66%. On a draw of 5, the max you could get would still be 5, but your odds of getting something would double. Might at least make ppl feel better, even though it's exactly the same overall.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Some people are luckier on double drop, some people aren't. That's the way it will always be with rng

Yes. For everyone complaining, there is someone out there raking it in, but just not posting it here. Ppl are more likely to post complaints than praises.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Yes. For everyone complaining, there is someone out there raking it in, but just not posting it here. Ppl are more likely to post complaints than praises.

And that's why the forum is filled with complaints :D
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    They should give us a 0.5X drops weeks to get back positive feelings.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    They should give us a 0.5X drops weeks to get back positive feelings.

Might actually work in a way. Help ppl save their crystals for when it goes back to 1x.
  • Options
    2 days of double drops, and 2 days of a big fat NOTHING. Come on cg. You CANNOT call it compensation if its a pure luck based lottery. This imbalance must be corrected
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Congratulations. This imbalance is being corrected. They're changing zeta drops to a flat 1 in the future, which is an average increase of about 0.4 per challenge. Which means no matter how many zetas you think you personally are entitled to as a result of moderately bad rolls of a fair die, you're going to get them. Isn't it great that we can stop all these many, many threads complaining about the same thing?
    Still not a he.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Congratulations. This imbalance is being corrected. They're changing zeta drops to a flat 1 in the future, which is an average increase of about 0.4 per challenge. Which means no matter how many zetas you think you personally are entitled to as a result of moderately bad rolls of a fair die, you're going to get them. Isn't it great that we can stop all these many, many threads complaining about the same thing?

Yea that is pretty much single good decision for a looong time, but they could not do it before double drops right? That would be too much right?
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

And that is even bigger problem, just imagine competing with some person in arena and he gets 20+zeta in these double drops and you get 0. Double drops on challenges only increase differences between lucky and unlucky. On the other double drop places it is not bad since with a lot of tries it is probably even, but in challenges where you have pretty much just 6 tries all together the diference is HUGE.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, working fine for me. 0/16 possible zetas so far. And even zero omegas! I'm so excited for tomorrow...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I still think this kind of no rng or pseudo-rng methods should only be kept to zetas and nothing else. Other stuff has larger amounts and easily evens out over time. No zetas on a challenge day hurts way more. No omegas also hurts, albeit less.
  • Options
    Ditto
  • Options
    w34apwj14aor.png
    9mfqoxomag7e.png
  • Options
    I miss my Grand Arena. I usually take first. My worst finish was 2 zetas. I’m 0 for 4 on zeta double drops. CG did not think this through. Carrie didn’t even know the fleet challenge could still drop zero.