Missing cancelled GA rewards

Replies

• Options
    All these comments about ‘CG can do whatever they want’, ‘they don’t owe us anything’. All of it is just laughable. The thing is they are right, it’s also the fastest way to **** off your community and lose players.
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Ya CG and EA absolutely can do whatever they want and they can also reap the consequences they create. So by all means keep sticking a dagger in the hearts of the people who keep you employed and see how that works out for you.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF reading your posts are just about as exciting as reading Edward’s posts 😂. I hope it’s worth it’s weight in gold cause being a blatant CG fan boy in just about every thread amassing posts is getting rather boring and a tad annoying.

It’s easy to hit a forum with a self righteous approach but you have to also let the people vent a little.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @TVF reading your posts are just about as exciting as reading Edward’s posts 😂. I hope it’s worth it’s weight in gold cause being a blatant CG fan boy in just about every thread amassing posts is getting rather boring and a tad annoying.

It’s easy to hit a forum with a self righteous approach but you have to also let the people vent a little.
    This went past venting a long time ago. Like the point where someone was comparing the way CG runs Space Wizard Action Figure Simulator to domestic abuse.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    so normally a 1st or 2-4th place finish gets you 95-130 of each of the 6e slicing materials. With double drops using 3x50 refreshes and assuming 3 slicing mats per sim you will get 138 slicing mats per day (285 free energy + 360 from refreshes, 14 energy per sim). so basically we have to spend crystals to even get a little of what we would have received if GA wouldn't not have been cancelled. and 2 days of double drops will get us what 1 1st place rewards would give us. which completely skips over the pulse modulators which don't have a double drop.

For those of you that say CG doesn't need to do anything and we should be happy with double drops, you forget CG already set the precedent by giving us TW and TB rewards when they cancelled events. why should this be any different?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Then set me on ignore.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Now that’s the smartest thing you’ve said in a lot of posts on this thread. Thanks mate. Really appreciate it 😊👍🏼
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    @YaeVizsla so let the people be mad then. Hey it’s a free world the last time I checked and everyone has a right to express themselves. Surely one can understand paying clients do get upset whereas a company making millions a month ignore the people who help them make those millions in the first place. That being said that’s the story of capitalism isn’t it? 😂
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    @YaeVizsla so let the people be mad then. Hey it’s a free world the last time I checked and everyone has a right to express themselves. Surely one can understand paying clients do get upset whereas a company making millions a month ignore the people who help them make those millions in the first place. That being said that’s the story of capitalism isn’t it? 😂
    If you're saying everyone has a right to express themselves, that includes me, and I have a right to express my thoughts on their expression.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Not going to lie I may have got bored of this thread and skipped a few posts. I'm relatively confident I haven't missed anything meaningful at all. Thought I'd share this link though as I found it interesting

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bzvzw0/assessing_double_drops_make_good_vs_ga_crystal/
    TLDR;

Double drops are a 65% offset of Rank 1 GA rewards, assuming 3 refreshes each of each type of energy, not including zetas

Double drops are a 3 Zeta mat shortfall compared to likely GA rewards for Rank 1
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    Not going to lie I may have got bored of this thread and skipped a few posts. I'm relatively confident I haven't missed anything meaningful at all. Thought I'd share this link though as I found it interesting

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bzvzw0/assessing_double_drops_make_good_vs_ga_crystal/
    TLDR;

Double drops are a 65% offset of Rank 1 GA rewards, assuming 3 refreshes each of each type of energy, not including zetas

Double drops are a 3 Zeta mat shortfall compared to likely GA rewards for Rank 1

These calculations are JUST (almost, still missing 6 Zetas!) true in one simple case:

if someone is REALLY using 3 refreshes for every energy!

If you are using just one, or like me, at some days none, you will have a mega loss compared to a full month of GA!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    rokota wrote: »
    These calculations are JUST (almost, still missing 6 Zetas!) true in one simple case:

if someone is REALLY using 3 refreshes for every energy!

If you are using just one, or like me, at some days none, you will have a mega loss compared to a full month of GA!
    You are making bad spending choices in not taking advantage of double drops while they're here. Energy is the most efficient way to spend crystals, and it's doubled right now.

This is not a case that you are not being compensated. You are not bothering to take advantage of the compensation.

These double drops are spread out over the course of two weeks, such that even if you have a very modest crystal income, you can still afford to drop crystals on enough energy to take full advantage.
    Still not a he.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options

TLDR;

The problem with this is the assumption of the poster about "normal farming". The difference between GA #1 and GA #2-4 is much less than the difference between Squad Arena top3 and Squad Arena, let's say, top50-100. Not to mention Fleet Arena where nobody outside of top50 gets any crystals. The poster's assumption is only true if someone consistently reach at least top3 in Squad Arena, and at least top20 in Fleet Arena. And, considering shard chats, this is still a small percentage of playerbase compared to the active players.

Not to mention RNG. I believe that the drop rate in overall is 33%, but if someone happens to be really unlucky during double drops (like me, when I refreshed 3 times in Cantina, and got a total of 4 shards*), it isn't even come close to the flat and guaranteed rewards of GA.

*I know, kitten happens, and I've been playing long enough to not be mad about this, and I also believe the devs that they don't alter drop rates at all, but it still doesn't make me feel better.
  • Options
    Spang wrote: »

TLDR;

The problem with this is the assumption of the poster about "normal farming". The difference between GA #1 and GA #2-4 is much less than the difference between Squad Arena top3 and Squad Arena, let's say, top50-100. Not to mention Fleet Arena where nobody outside of top50 gets any crystals. The poster's assumption is only true if someone consistently reach at least top3 in Squad Arena, and at least top20 in Fleet Arena. And, considering shard chats, this is still a small percentage of playerbase compared to the active players.

Not to mention RNG. I believe that the drop rate in overall is 33%, but if someone happens to be really unlucky during double drops (like me, when I refreshed 3 times in Cantina, and got a total of 4 shards*), it isn't even come close to the flat and guaranteed rewards of GA.

*I know, kitten happens, and I've been playing long enough to not be mad about this, and I also believe the devs that they don't alter drop rates at all, but it still doesn't make me feel better.

congrats on bringing shard chats into it! Nice to have some variation in the moaning ;) been a bit bored with all the forum posts on drop rates are rigged and double drops don't make up for GA rewards (which until yesterday were awful and not worth the effort according to many on the forums). Nice to get back to another staple forum argument topic :)

By the way I'm just messing with you. sorry
    P.S. RNG is annoying as all hell. Sorry you had a bad spell during double drops.
    P.P.S only posted the link as I found it interesting.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Then set me on ignore.

Wait, you can do this? How did I not know this? Where is this option (this is not for you specifically, just in general)
  • Options
    Hey it’s a free world the last time I checked...
    More like a p2p one. ;)

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Then set me on ignore.

Wait, you can do this? How did I not know this? Where is this option (this is not for you specifically, just in general)

e45v9saluzk4.png
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    congrats on bringing shard chats into it! Nice to have some variation in the moaning ;) been a bit bored with all the forum posts on drop rates are rigged and double drops don't make up for GA rewards (which until yesterday were awful and not worth the effort according to many on the forums). Nice to get back to another staple forum argument topic :)

By the way I'm just messing with you. sorry
    P.S. RNG is annoying as all hell. Sorry you had a bad spell during double drops.
    P.P.S only posted the link as I found it interesting.

I didn't say that because I have problems with shard chats. I'm in the shard chat of my Squad Arena, though I'm not in the shard chat of my Fleet Arena, 'coz I'm totally uninterested in ships, so I don't bother with them above the necessary.
    I only mentioned shard chats, coz these help more people to get better rewards. But that more people is still a small percentage of active players.

I also had no problems with GA rewards. I mean those rewards are not fantastic, but predictable and guaranteed – contrary to any RNG-based rewards (which can be awesome if you get max drops, or awful if you not).
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Then set me on ignore.

e45v9saluzk4.png

Is this another example of something that doesn’t work on the mobile version?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    @Bulldog1205 probably.

(I don't know for sure since I've never ignored anyone, I'd hate to miss some fun ;) )
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I fully admit that CG communication is often poor. And word choice is often poor.

But with the ridiculous amount of parsing that goes on here with stuff like "offset" and "concurrently" it's no wonder they post more on Reddit.

CG shouldn't use big words if they don't know what they mean. ;)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

TLDR;

ok but now do the math all over again assuming we aren't missing a months worth of Grand Arena like everyone was crying about
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm this is confusing...

Let's ask for better rewards then. What rewards would u guys like to see??
  • Options
    if I was to ignore everyone that posted something random or stupid, there wouldn't be much conversation in this forums. Mostly people talking to themselves.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CG uses the word "offset" differently than most people.
    No, they use the word "offset" by the normal humans definition which does not necessarily imply parity.

Now actually go look up the definition of "offset". Almost every definition of the word (especially those referring to finances) uses the term "balance" or "counterbalance".

The very origin of the word (and hence its use) comes from scales and balancing them, by placing equal weight on one side to "offset" the weight on the other.

I don't really care that much about the GA rewards, but let's at least be intellectually honest here.

By that definition this still fits.

I can offset the gold put on one side with bantha poodu, as long as it balances the scales.....

They offset the GA rewards with other rewards of the players choosing by doing double drops across the board.

Offset does not have anything to do with direct replacement. The double drops may been seen as of less value, but there are more of them.

Thata being said it would have been nice to see something a little more directed at GA rewards.

there seems to be a pattern with your responses.

you start off by defending CG.
    then there is some fluff.
    then you say "however" and add a contradictory "what if" or "what could have been"

to the majority gold does not offset [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    Has anyone actually gone through and done the math comparing average GA rewards vs average double drops? Almost everything in this game has a crystal value to convert to in comparing different rewards. I don’t feel like the double drops will come out significantly worse like people are arguing.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone actually gone through and done the math comparing average GA rewards vs average double drops? Almost everything in this game has a crystal value to convert to in comparing different rewards. I don’t feel like the double drops will come out significantly worse like people are arguing.

People are mostly mad about this.
    Screen_Shot_2019-06-12_at_9.38.07_PM.png
    Do double drops offset the rewards we would normally receive?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I was actually excited for this when announced.
    Screen_Shot_2019-06-12_at_9.34.35_PM.png
    Now I feel played.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Has CG ever gave us equivalent rewards to what we otherwise would've gotten regarding anything? Not sure why this one is as surprising as the last twenty make goods
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

People are mostly mad about this.
    Screen_Shot_2019-06-12_at_9.38.07_PM.png
    Do double drops offset the rewards we would normally receive?

That’s what I just asked. Has anyone actually done the math. Looks like this person on Reddit did it comparing to 1st place GA rewards and found its 65% of the value.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bzvzw0/assessing_double_drops_make_good_vs_ga_crystal

Keep in mind a) he did it accounting for only the first level of refreshes, and anyone getting 1st in every GA is going to have the crystal income to do additional refreshes during double drops, which will increase its value and b) the average person is seeing significantly less value from GAs, which will balance out that number.