Missing cancelled GA rewards

Replies

• TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You should be done trying, since you couldn't back up what you claimed I said.

"Offset.... the rewards you would normally receive"

You must have magic powers to know when words typed on a forum convey being "mad". :D
    Turn back a page to where jkray pulled out the dictionary.

Offsetting can be mitigation, not just perfect parity.

Nothing of which has anything to do with him claiming I am "mad" or that I am "mad about double drops".

Thanks

Way to keep focusing on the part of discussion that is irrelevant. I really don't care if you're mad or not. Let's agree you aren't and move on.

You ignored the actual point.

I thought you were done? How about now?

I, like everyone else here, am an imperfect being.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    They literally owe us nothing for cancelling Grand Arena for the month of June. Grand Arena has been active since December and the idea of having Grand Arena every week (4x a month) started on April and continued on May

Back then we had 50 salvage pieces of something if you'd remember but only 3 zetas a month IF you were first place

Double drops are very fair compensation to the first four months of Grand Arena (you might get as many as 9 omegas)

They obviously don't want to pull GA down, but they have to stop GA so that they can implement GAC so lets not act super entitled about everything. In a perfect world, CG could continue running Grand Arena and then introduce Grand Arena Championship the day after

Grand Arena was and always has been up to CG's discretion, they didn't have to promise us any sort of replacement rewards, but they did

Its not gear or salvage but its character shards, which is arguably the most valuable quantity to CG (seeing as how they charge 80 crystals per shard)
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I know the response will be 2×0=0, but the ship ability material challenge (which for me usually rewards at least one zeta per day it is available) is subject to double drops 6/13, 6/16, and 6/17. That's three days of double drops on that. As for omegas today was a double drop day and I got 4 so that was nice.

I believe mod slicing gear will also have double drops can't remember the day though (normal drop rate on those is actually pretty good imho). so the only thing that won't be subject to double drops that you could get from GA would be the final power generator looking mod slicing material.
    Post edited by Dnoff423 on
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    No, because the store credit can be used to buy the same or similar item.

Can you show me the omega and zeta double drop feature, to get those we would have received from GA?

Your analogy would be akin to getting a store credit for returning something, with limitations on what you could use the credit for
    There are literally three separate omega or zeta double drop mechanics. Ability challenges. High-end cantina nodes. Fleet ability challenges. Even if you roll badly, you had a fair shot at getting some.

And most stores have restrictions on what store credit can and cannot be used for
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    A counter balance is to not give you any rewards you would have received, but let you farm something else? Gotcha
    Ever return something for store credit? That's counterbalance and compensation.

Can you show me the omega and zeta double drop feature, to get those we would have received from GA?

Your analogy would be akin to getting a store credit for returning something, with limitations on what you could use the credit for

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205521/content-update-6-4-2019#latest

From the double drop announcement:

Hard and Normal nodes in Light Side and Dark Side Battles are rewarding double drops from 6/8 to 6/10.
    Nodes in Cantina Battles are rewarding double drops from 6/11 to 6/13. Can get omegas
    Hard and Normal nodes in Fleet Battles are rewarding double drops from 6/14 to 6/16.
    Mod Battles and Challenges are rewarding double drops from 6/17 to 6/19.
    Ability Mat Challenges are rewarding double drops on 6/8, 6/9, and 6/12. Can get omegas
    Ship Ability Mat Challenges are rewarding double drops on 6/13, 6/16, and 6/17. Can get omegas and zetas

There, found the omega and zeta double drop features for you, right in the dev post (It is also in the in game announcement)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    A counter balance is to not give you any rewards you would have received, but let you farm something else? Gotcha

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205521/content-update-6-4-2019#latest

Hard and Normal nodes in Light Side and Dark Side Battles are rewarding double drops from 6/8 to 6/10.
    Nodes in Cantina Battles are rewarding double drops from 6/11 to 6/13. Can get omegas
    Hard and Normal nodes in Fleet Battles are rewarding double drops from 6/14 to 6/16.
    Ability Mat Challenges are rewarding double drops on 6/8, 6/9, and 6/12. Can get omegas
    Ship Ability Mat Challenges are rewarding double drops on 6/13, 6/16, and 6/17. Can get omegas and zetas

There, found the omega and zeta double drop features for you, right in the dev post (It is also in the in game announcement)

Cool. Except I said "get what you would have received".

Well it's possible however unlikely that you could have gotten last place in each GA in which case you would have received zero zetas. While you may not think it is optimal consideration for the missing GAs they do give you the opportunity to earn everything you could potentially have earned except the final mod slicing salvage. It's not guaranteed they will drop, just like taking 1st in GA is not guaranteed no matter how good you are.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

The last two times CG has "made up" for something they gave us LITERALLY TWO CREDITS

What are you talking about?

they gave us 2 credits as compensation. not sure why I wrote "last two times" or if you chopped the quote (I assume the former, it's just too hard to look back with this quote system lol. But yeah, 2 whole credits. lotta "pray we don't alter it further" replies iirc

When? For what? I don't recall getting two credits as compensation for anything. That's why I am asking what you are talking about.

The last thing I remember getting is the refund of Nute's leader ability, and we each got whatever had been spent on the ability refunded, so it was different per person, but wouldn't have been 2 credits for anybody.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    I know the response will be 0×0=0

It shouldn't be, since anyone who can't even be bothered to sim doesn't deserve anything :p
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    I know the response will be 0×0=0

It shouldn't be, since anyone who can't even be bothered to sim doesn't deserve anything :p

Lol. I stand corrected. Fixed it!
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    There are literally three separate omega or zeta double drop mechanics. Ability challenges. High-end cantina nodes. Fleet ability challenges. Even if you roll badly, you had a fair shot at getting some.

i got NOT A SINGLE Omega in two months from challenges, from Cantina NEVER at all, so these stupid double drops aren't some kind of compensation for me, especially that i won my last 5 GAs :(

I don't know why ship omega drop rates that high so we get tons of them, but the regular omegas do not drop in 1000 Cantina tries?

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

The last two times CG has "made up" for something they gave us LITERALLY TWO CREDITS

What are you talking about?

they gave us 2 credits as compensation. not sure why I wrote "last two times" or if you chopped the quote (I assume the former, it's just too hard to look back with this quote system lol. But yeah, 2 whole credits. lotta "pray we don't alter it further" replies iirc

But what was that compensation for?

that I can't remember, but it was fairly recent
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. I guarantee if the situation were reversed, there would be hundreds of posts saying "We were supposed to have double drops this month and instead you gave us a couple of zetas and some slicing mats and gear we don't need. Worst game ever I quit!"

Also I'm sure everyone complaining finishes first every GA. No doubt.

I'm usually first and sometimes the 2-4 group. But I'd be happy with just a couple zetas to even it out. :smile:
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Back then we had 50 salvage pieces of something if you'd remember but only 3 zetas a month IF you were first place

Double drops are very fair compensation to the first four months of Grand Arena (you might get as many as 9 omegas)

T

EXCEPT there ARE people who got 0 while the rest of the game got up to your NINE...

Those people like it or not should be able to toss a gripe in here and there because a million people got compensation for something and they got NOTHING.

They probably deserve to toss a rant out there and they feel better....exept the forum police gotta come and bang away at em with nonsense until now they post gripes 5 times a day....

better if ya just leave them alone to wallow in the unfairness of being unlucky in this game while ya'all go prance around showing off the nine omegas you get on reddit.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. I guarantee if the situation were reversed, there would be hundreds of posts saying "We were supposed to have double drops this month and instead you gave us a couple of zetas and some slicing mats and gear we don't need. Worst game ever I quit!"

Also I'm sure everyone complaining finishes first every GA. No doubt.

I always finish 1st. My mommy says I am #1
  • Options

Cool. Except I said "get what you would have received".

The average number of Zetas per person given from a GA which rewards them is 1.5, and considering that we usually have 2 GAs per month give out zetas, than means they would be replacing 3 zetas for the average user. This mean that if you average 1 zeta per fleet challenge double drop day, you have replaced what you would have earned from GA.

I don't remember how many omegas were handed out, but considering there are 3 different methods of farming them with double drops, I am going to go with it is pretty close to what the average player would have gotten.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

EXCEPT there ARE people who got 0 while the rest of the game got up to your NINE...

Those people like it or not should be able to toss a gripe in here and there because a million people got compensation for something and they got NOTHING.
    WHO?

Is that you? If not then stop complaining, those people can speak up themselves

And I'd appreciate people who are currently complaining about double drops to take a video of their double drop zeta / omega sims that is tomorrow, and the following two other days

I have a hard time believing people got 0 omegas in 9 sims unless they can show a video
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

WHO?

And I'd appreciate people who are currently complaining about double drops to take a video of their double drop zeta / omega sims that is tomorrow, and the following two other days

I have a hard time believing people got 0 omegas in 9 sims unless they can show a video

Well to be fair I have only received 4 omegas(so 2 drops) between my two accounts. And yes I have 2 accounts, I love the game and dont usually have a problem with CG. I dont even have a problem with this. Just pointing out facts for me.
  • Options
    Your losing more people every time you pull **** like this. We are tired of the lies we are tired of the money grab. GA is free the rewards are free to get anything from DD I need spend money such **** its unreal
  • Options
    People.you have in charge have got lots of people in my guilds to quit playing I know my guild ain't the only one guild feeling this like just stop with the ****.
  • Options
    Wait wait wait... I'm late to the party.... double drops are supposed to make up for missing GA rewards? Is that a joke? Lol that's not even close......what a sham.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

WHO?

I'd really like videos of anyone getting zero omegas in two months, as was claimed above.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    144 pulse 2 modulators
    520 mk1 amplifiers
    520 mk1 capacitors
    8 T6 mods

I'm not even going to add the omegas and zetas to this list.

And you think double drops makes up for this? Just wow is all I'm going to say.

This, it's not even close, and i don't know why more people aren't mentioning the gear, it's what i m missing the most
  • Options
    Wait wait wait... I'm late to the party.... double drops are supposed to make up for missing GA rewards? Is that a joke? Lol that's not even close......what a sham.

100% correct, that's why the reddit post has -1400 votes on @CG_SBCrumb comment
  • Options

Who would video themselves over three separate days in the expectation of having the worst possible RNG? Come on.

And yes, it does happen. I went 0 for 9.
  • Options
    Also 0 for 9 but no biggie, CG delivering the soap
  • Options
    EA/CG can do what they want. They can be disingenuous, sneaky and incompetent if they like.

Play their game or don't play.