Missing cancelled GA rewards

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I fully admit that CG communication is often poor. And word choice is often poor.

But with the ridiculous amount of parsing that goes on here with stuff like "offset" and "concurrently" it's no wonder they post more on Reddit.

CG shouldn't use big words if they don't know what they mean. ;)

They used “offset” and “concurrently” correctly. The average forum goer isn’t sophisticated enough to understand though, which is probably why they should write at a 3rd grade level.
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Has CG ever gave us equivalent rewards to what we otherwise would've gotten regarding anything? Not sure why this one is as surprising as the last twenty make goods

Actually, when they had to cancel TWs in the past for whatever reason, they gave us the rewards based on the previous TW's record. Same goes for TBs that we've missed or when there was a glitch causing mayhem. They gave us rewards equivalent to what we got the last TB.
  • Atzel
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Simmed Twice the ship challange today , got 0 zetas 2 times , just wanted to brag about it !
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    All these comments about ‘CG can do whatever they want’, ‘they don’t owe us anything’. All of it is just laughable. The thing is they are right, it’s also the fastest way to **** off your community and lose players.

Lots of people keep saying this, lots of those same people are still here.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @TVF reading your posts are just about as exciting as reading Edward’s posts 😂. I hope it’s worth it’s weight in gold cause being a blatant CG fan boy in just about every thread amassing posts is getting rather boring and a tad annoying.

It’s easy to hit a forum with a self righteous approach but you have to also let the people vent a little.

Then set me on ignore.

Wait, you can do this? How did I not know this? Where is this option (this is not for you specifically, just in general)

You lie! It's for him, lol.
  • Options
    Ya CG and EA absolutely can do whatever they want and they can also reap the consequences they create.

Yes, this.

• Options
    Wait, you can do this?

You can, and it's good. I ignore a couple of people on here...makes the board infinitely more palatable lol :D

• Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Has CG ever gave us equivalent rewards to what we otherwise would've gotten regarding anything? Not sure why this one is as surprising as the last twenty make goods

Actually, when they had to cancel TWs in the past for whatever reason, they gave us the rewards based on the previous TW's record. Same goes for TBs that we've missed or when there was a glitch causing mayhem. They gave us rewards equivalent to what we got the last TB.

Those were cancellations after they were on the calendar, and were cancelled due to one issue or another. This time they were never on the calendar to begin with; I'm sure if they had scheduled them on the calendar and then had to cancel we would have gotten rewards based on one of the prize payouts. While it would've been nice to have something a little bit more guaranteed without crystal use, the double drops were quite nice. Personally, they were more valuable than the gear and mod slicing mats I would've gotten. The omegas/zetas are a different story, but until after the ships challenges are finished, I can't say anything about those.
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    FYI these calculated results of value have lots of assumptions and zero of them have every variable included. Please do understand this before acting like they are correct. Mathematic theories are either 100% true or 100% wrong. The one on reddit is a joke
  • Options
    Man, I see a lot of posts doing math on GA rewards and how we will miss 4 GAs this month. If those people were really good at math or just knew the basics they would have noticed that last GA ended on the 3rd of June, and that the next GAC thing that will be like a GA will start on the 20th.

You can’t fit 4 GAs between the 3rd and the 20th. You can only fit 2. So most people trying to do math to show CG how bad the double drop are compared to missing GA are just showing they are stupid.

Having said that, ofc double drops aren’t a good compensation for the lack of GAs, but in the end it’s not as bad as a lot of people are trying to prove
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    They are stupid for not knowing that they would release the update this month, as it was obvious from the start.

And they are basing their assumptions on something that they think is correct and deceiving players at the same time that trust these posts for some random reason.

Just want people that do these posts to do a little research before throwing random unbiased information just because they are pis_sed at CG
  • Options
    To be honest, personally i will mostly miss the slicing materials from GA, especially the "end game" Materials which you only get in Guild Store/Shardshop. The 2x drops do not compensate this at all.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Manumicio wrote: »
    To be honest, personally i will mostly miss the slicing materials from GA, especially the "end game" Materials which you only get in Guild Store/Shardshop. The 2x drops do not compensate this at all.

Double drops for slicing mats is coming soon.

Edit - extra shard shop currency from double drops can help you buy extra of the gold mats
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    They are stupid for not knowing that they would release the update this month, as it was obvious from the start.

And they are basing their assumptions on something that they think is correct and deceiving players at the same time that trust these posts for some random reason.

Just want people that do these posts to do a little research before throwing random unbiased information just because they are pis_sed at CG

But...but... Straw men make the best internet arguments!
  • Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @TVF reading your posts are just about as exciting as reading Edward’s posts 😂. I hope it’s worth it’s weight in gold cause being a blatant CG fan boy in just about every thread amassing posts is getting rather boring and a tad annoying.

It’s easy to hit a forum with a self righteous approach but you have to also let the people vent a little.

100%
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Edit - extra shard shop currency from double drops can help you buy extra of the gold mats

Double drop chances is not the same as guaranteed rewards for playing a GA.

CG never once claimed it was the same.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options

What did you say about fallacies? Keep parroting

Especially for those of us who never lose GA. From the challenges at double drops, only got a zeta once so far (Made 2 technically, but you know what I mean). That's garbage compared to what I would've gotten from winning multiple GA events.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Did I mention CG?

The person you quoted didn't say it was the same either. Not sure who else you would think told you it would be the same rewards.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

Did I mention CG?

You sure love to get hung up on technicalities.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Did I mention CG?

Still not "done" eh? Let me know when you're done done.

I don't get hung up on technicalities, and I don't make things up like you do.

You dont make things up? That's unfortunate, I enjoy playing make believe at times. Making things up is often the way I deal with wah wah wah posts. I imagine something horrible has actually happened as opposed to not getting a zeta or that last Bossk shard, Baaaaawwwwwwssssskkkkkk!(Kirk screaming Kahn impresseion). Anywho, make things up, life will be happier. Just my two cents.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

Did I mention CG?

I didn't say I would never respond to you about anything again. For someone who gets hung up on technicalities, you should know better.

What's your point then? You didn't mention CG. Fine. What's your point in saying double drop chances is not the same as guaranteed rewards for playing a GA? Just stating a fact? Ok.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Besteve wrote: »
    FYI these calculated results of value have lots of assumptions and zero of them have every variable included. Please do understand this before acting like they are correct. Mathematic theories are either 100% true or 100% wrong. The one on reddit is a joke
    That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Sometimes you gotta assume a spherical chicken. That doesn't make what comes next "100% wrong." It means there are caveats to take into account. Newton's laws of motion are wrong, but they're close enough for most practical purposes on most macroscopic scales.

The assumptions in that Reddit post are reasonable for the analysis in question. Particularly the crystal expenditure. Given the double drops event is spread out over two weeks, rotating energy types, almost anyone regardless of crystal income can afford to spend for three energy refreshes of the doubled type. Energy is already the most efficient way to spend crystals, so double drops only make it more so. Then tying things back to crystal approximations is just the most practical way to tie everything back together.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Did I mention CG?

You dont make things up? That's unfortunate, I enjoy playing make believe at times. Making things up is often the way I deal with wah wah wah posts. I imagine something horrible has actually happened as opposed to not getting a zeta or that last Bossk shard, Baaaaawwwwwwssssskkkkkk!(Kirk screaming Kahn impresseion). Anywho, make things up, life will be happier. Just my two cents.

TVF cat called me

Like that?

What.