Missing cancelled GA rewards

Replies

• Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    It's amazing how I never expect the kick in the teeth when it happens so regularly.
    What? Kick in the teeth?

This is the most expansive double drops event we've ever had. The fact that it rotates types and days over the course of more than a week means even if you don't have a crystal stash, you can take full advantage, directing a lot of crystals at whatever's doubled.

We're getting a lot of stuff out of it.

If you have a steak and someone replaced it with hamburger sliders you don't get excited because there's more of those things than you had of steaks. Am I glad for double drops? Always. But should anyone be excited that a double drops (that were announced as being for people to get ready for the new championships?) effectively replaced a wide variety of mats? I can't see how anyone could be. But I've seen people in abusive relationships who are extraordinarily excited about even the slightest recompense. Seems to be working here too.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CG uses the word "offset" differently than most people.

Lol, we should have known that better since the "significant makegood" gift.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    ...we're also getting a bigger, badder Grand Arena at the end of all this that will give more, better rewards than GA alone ever did.

In August?
  • Options
    SHAME SHAME SHAME
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Options
    So we lost for the middle ground player
    2zetas
    2omegas
    28 mod salvage (gold)
    100ish of the other mod salvage
    Cuffs guns or carbanti

And we gained a chance to maybe get some stuff that we were already farming......how is that even close to being called compensation. Maybe I have bad rng but I did 31 attempts for cantina today and got 10 shards total. That’s 5/31
  • UdalCuain
    5046 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Xerrath wrote: »
    So we lost for the middle ground player
    2zetas
    2omegas
    28 mod salvage (gold)
    100ish of the other mod salvage
    Cuffs guns or carbanti

And we gained a chance to maybe get some stuff that we were already farming......how is that even close to being called compensation. Maybe I have bad rng but I did 31 attempts for cantina today and got 10 shards total. That’s 5/31

MK II Modulators are the things I miss most. Can't get them anywhere else apart from the shard store or guild store. I think your number is a little low on those though. I think we miss around 128 for a month's worth of GA, with a 50% win rate (I usually do better than that, but I'm aiming for a conservative estimate).

The Double Drops have been great apart from that. Fingers crossed for 8 zetas tomorrow :D

Edit: just realised your figures are per GA. My bad.
  • Options
    The usual CG ****.
    Were the zetas at?
    Double drops only on the material mats challenge?
    Why not on the Ship ability material?
    Oh i guess because 2x0=0. RIGHT!
  • UdalCuain
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    The usual CG ****..
    Were the zetas at?
    Double drops only on the material mats challenge?
    Why not on the Ship ability material?
    Oh i guess because 2x0=0. RIGHT!

Double drops are on the ship ability mat challenge tomorrow, Sunday and Monday.
  • Skyfrager59
    243 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I would have preferred an honest bad news than the fake compensation **** we just got. Why are you so scared of giving us bad news ? No need for all these lies. Don't make fake promises.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    No, they use the word "offset" by the normal humans definition which does not necessarily imply parity.

Now actually go look up the definition of "offset". Almost every definition of the word (especially those referring to finances) uses the term "balance" or "counterbalance".

The very origin of the word (and hence its use) comes from scales and balancing them, by placing equal weight on one side to "offset" the weight on the other.

I don't really care that much about the GA rewards, but let's at least be intellectually honest here.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    I don't even see how Crumb's post in this thread can have 9 likes...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • RunchGwar
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Double drops and extra events this month are it.

This is incredibly stupid and unfair. In GA, my skill actually makes a difference. Because I care about the game and know what I'm doing, I can take first almost every time. Replacing those rewards with something RNG based is patently unfair, especially to those unlucky slobs like me who got precisely ZERO OMEGAS from the three double drop challenge days. Yeah, ZERO. Where the heck is my reward, CG?

RNG based "rewards" in general are garbage.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    I don't even see how Crumb's post in this thread can have 9 likes...

Some people blindly defend CG no matter what. CG Could reduce hard nodes to 1 attempt/day while simultaneously reducing the normal energy refresh to 12 min/energy and someone would say, "I'm fine with this, CG has the data and has made the best decision they can."

I know there are people on here that attack CG for everything, but there are just as many that defend them for everything. These people are just as obnoxious lol.
  • Options
    There’s a difference between the words ‘offset’ and ‘compensate’. Crumb used ‘offset’ when discussing the missing GA rewards - in his post (OP copied). Therefore I believe it would be unfair to be compensated for the rewards; not ‘offset’.
  • Wrathor
    34 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Apologies for the confusion. The Double Drops are the additional events we scheduled to make up for the lack of TBs this month. This is not designed to be a one to one replacement for all the materials you would have earned from GA but it gives you the option to focus on farming whatever gear and squads you need to prepare for Grand Arena Championships.

Way to go... burying it in a random thread
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Lachie_1 wrote: »
    There’s a difference between the words ‘offset’ and ‘compensate’. Crumb used ‘offset’ when discussing the missing GA rewards - in his post (OP copied). Therefore I believe it would be unfair to be compensated for the rewards; not ‘offset’.

By using the term offset it would imply that rewards were equal to in order to bring balance if you have 5 pounds on one side of the scale your place 5 pounds on the other side to offset with their awards that we were given from the grand arena versus the Events that were chosen to offset those rewards they are not in balance
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Thank you! I've been pointing that out for a while now, and most seem to just glaze over that fact. Offset does NOT mean compensate. Then again, concurrently means exclusively so.....

d17wnqkns0vq.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No, they use the word "offset" by the normal humans definition which does not necessarily imply parity.

Now actually go look up the definition of "offset". Almost every definition of the word (especially those referring to finances) uses the term "balance" or "counterbalance".

The very origin of the word (and hence its use) comes from scales and balancing them, by placing equal weight on one side to "offset" the weight on the other.

I don't really care that much about the GA rewards, but let's at least be intellectually honest here.

By that definition this still fits.

I can offset the gold put on one side with bantha poodu, as long as it balances the scales.....

They offset the GA rewards with other rewards of the players choosing by doing double drops across the board.

Offset does not have anything to do with direct replacement. The double drops may been seen as of less value, but there are more of them.

Thata being said it would have been nice to see something a little more directed at GA rewards.
  • Lachie_1
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I can offset the gold put on one side with bantha poodu, as long as it balances the scales.....

Not really.

No one wants bantha poodu and we’ve been given bantha poodu which a lot of people would agree isn’t either compensation nor offset rewards.

I’m glad you recognise the ‘offset rewards’ (double drops) as bantha poodu, though. I agree.

Edit: quote
  • TVF
    36762 posts Member
    Options
    Besteve wrote: »
    TVF waiting for you to respond

As soon as my CG and EA paychecks arrive.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36762 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. I guarantee if the situation were reversed, there would be hundreds of posts saying "We were supposed to have double drops this month and instead you gave us a couple of zetas and some slicing mats and gear we don't need. Worst game ever I quit!"

Also I'm sure everyone complaining finishes first every GA. No doubt.
  • TVF
    36762 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Spang wrote: »
    ...we're also getting a bigger, badder Grand Arena at the end of all this that will give more, better rewards than GA alone ever did.

In August?

By July 10, per Carrie's road ahead on April 10.
  • TVF
    36762 posts Member
    Options
    But I've seen people in abusive relationships who are extraordinarily excited about even the slightest recompense. Seems to be working here too.

Ridiculous comparisons are my favorite.
  • Options
    CG could give out first place rewards, last place rewards, some sort of average rewards... And there would still be a group of people who would complain that all their hard work and strategy was effectively rendered useless this month because everyone got the same rewards even though they try harder than anyone else!!!!

I'm betting if CG gave out 20 zeta mats and a ton of slicing mods and a stun cuff, a stun gun, and a carbanti, there would be a vocal minority complaining that they didn't get a golden eyeball or enough omegas to even make the zetas matter or that toons these days require so many zetas and omegas that this drop in the bucket isn't even worth it, etc.. Or CG could give out a 7* character that transforms a faction, and people would complain that they don't have the gear or mats to level them up and it's so unfair, the whales have a huge advantage...

CG can't make everyone happy, and someone will always feel the need to voice their displeasure.
  • Skyfrager59
    243 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    CG should hire a lawyer to do their communication... :wink:
    Or at least a PR intern, someone who knows what he/she's doing when talking to customers... :smile:
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

The last two times CG has "made up" for something they gave us LITERALLY TWO CREDITS

What are you talking about?

they gave us 2 credits as compensation. not sure why I wrote "last two times" or if you chopped the quote (I assume the former, it's just too hard to look back with this quote system lol. But yeah, 2 whole credits. lotta "pray we don't alter it further" replies iirc

My point stands. if CG just threw us a bone once in a while it would help them with goodwill, as in my bar analogy.
    TVF wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious. I guarantee if the situation were reversed, there would be hundreds of posts saying "We were supposed to have double drops this month and instead you gave us a couple of zetas and some slicing mats and gear we don't need. Worst game ever I quit!"

Also I'm sure everyone complaining finishes first every GA. No doubt.
    TVF wrote: »
    But I've seen people in abusive relationships who are extraordinarily excited about even the slightest recompense. Seems to be working here too.

Ridiculous comparisons are my favorite.

hmmm lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36762 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

The last two times CG has "made up" for something they gave us LITERALLY TWO CREDITS

What are you talking about?

they gave us 2 credits as compensation. not sure why I wrote "last two times" or if you chopped the quote (I assume the former, it's just too hard to look back with this quote system lol. But yeah, 2 whole credits. lotta "pray we don't alter it further" replies iirc

But what was that compensation for?
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    It's amazing how I never expect the kick in the teeth when it happens so regularly.
    This is the most expansive double drops event we've ever had..

Not true. Though it lasts longer because of how they schedule it, it does not include GW rewards, which is a thing they have done in the past.

Double drops doesn't make up for the 6 zeta, 6 Omega and all the mod splicing materials I'll be missing this month. Not even close.

Actually, there are double drops on omegas in two places today. And tomorrow there will be double drops on zetas.
    At least gift us some zeta, the rest I could make up elsewhere

No. They don't need to "gift" us anything. They should just give us stuff to do.

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Slippyfist wrote: »

Thank you! I've been pointing that out for a while now, and most seem to just glaze over that fact. Offset does NOT mean compensate. Then again, concurrently means exclusively so.....

"Offset - a conversation or amount that diminishes or balances the effect of a contrary one. "

"Concurrently - at the same time, simultaneously"

To offset something does not mean you will receive equal amounts to what was lost. We are receiving double drops to offset the lack of GA rewards right now. This was an appropriate usage of the word.

Concurrently has nothing to do with exclusivity. The Hoth and Geo Territory Battles WILL be running concurrently. Guilds will not be able to participate in them concurrently though. Much like two football games on different channels, they are happening concurrently and you must pick one to watch. (Yes it's not a perfect analogy in a world of DVRs and commercial breaks, but it serves to illustrate the point). Concurrently was an accurate word choice to describe the TBs.

It's fascinating how many people argue incorrectly against Crumb and TopHat's word selection, when they are probably being very careful and accurate in their word choices.

Edited because the filters pruned d1ct10n (without numbers) for some reason...