Grand Arena Championships – GP Divisions [MEGA]

14567810Next

Replies

  • Wimma
    29 posts Member
    At the end of the day, GA results rest largely on the top few teams. One Malak team can block off half a map. Can't beat that 1 team? You probably lose. Get that a few times and you probably won't make Kyber either. Sorry.
    I'd love to see no map - just one section with all teams in it. If I can't beat a GOD team, but I can whoop the rest, I'll still at least get decent points.
    But that won't let the whales win easy I guess.

    So then let me use more of my roster - why only 6 slots (I'm under 3M GP)? That means another 40 toons are basically useless. Why?? Give me 8+ slots instead - we can both use more of our rosters, and see some lower GP teams (gear 8/9) slug it out for fun!

    And stop the cross division matches. You have a 4 week GAC. In week 1, lots of one sided matches. The better players move up, and second week still a few one sided. By the 3rd week should be fairly even, and the final week should be close ones. That's how many tournaments work, with the favourites beating up on plebs early. Only in GAC, those plebs get to play on with easier matches each week if they lose - yay!

    I really hope we get some feedback on how GAC went, and how many tried.
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    @Wimma prior to GAC, there were some GA rounds with all your squads in a single territory (and ships in the other). We used to get some variety in these maps and I hope they bring that to GAC.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wimma wrote: »
    At the end of the day, GA results rest largely on the top few teams. One Malak team can block off half a map. Can't beat that 1 team? You probably lose. Get that a few times and you probably won't make Kyber either. Sorry.
    I'd love to see no map - just one section with all teams in it. If I can't beat a GOD team, but I can whoop the rest, I'll still at least get decent points.
    But that won't let the whales win easy I guess.

    So then let me use more of my roster - why only 6 slots (I'm under 3M GP)? That means another 40 toons are basically useless. Why?? Give me 8+ slots instead - we can both use more of our rosters, and see some lower GP teams (gear 8/9) slug it out for fun!

    And stop the cross division matches. You have a 4 week GAC. In week 1, lots of one sided matches. The better players move up, and second week still a few one sided. By the 3rd week should be fairly even, and the final week should be close ones. That's how many tournaments work, with the favourites beating up on plebs early. Only in GAC, those plebs get to play on with easier matches each week if they lose - yay!

    I really hope we get some feedback on how GAC went, and how many tried.

    Very much agree with this.
  • How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)

    No, d1 just doesn't have many good players that deserve kyber.
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)

    No, d1 just doesn't have many good players that deserve kyber.

    More precisely, I would say that when I face a D1 player, the matches tend to be more defensive in nature, resulting in less banners on both sides.

    And I also noticed while I was looking at leaderboards throughout the Championship that it seemed like Kyber league promotions were quicker and ultimately more numerous in the high-middle divisions... I want to say in Divisions 3 through 7, but I don’t have the raw data in front of me anymore, of course.
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    dominiQC wrote: »
    How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)

    No, d1 just doesn't have many good players that deserve kyber.

    Div 3 and below should not be eligble to make kyber.... give em a reason to build their roster

    Haw bah dat
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    dominiQC wrote: »
    How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)

    No, d1 just doesn't have many good players that deserve kyber.

    Div 3 and below should not be eligble to make kyber.... give em a reason to build their roster

    Haw bah dat

    No.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    edited August 16
    TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    dominiQC wrote: »
    How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)

    No, d1 just doesn't have many good players that deserve kyber.

    Div 3 and below should not be eligble to make kyber.... give em a reason to build their roster

    Haw bah dat

    No.

    lol was not a real suggestion just pointing out how nothingfaces comment about Div 1 having so many bad players was

    contex
  • BobcatSkywalker
    496 posts Member
    edited August 16
    Can people still place just 1 team of defense or will they get no rewards of they try this tactic now after the change crumb just posted?

    What if u dont set any defenses will it still auto deploy or will that player just get a non participation message?

    How many points will the active attacking player get in both of these cases? (Do they get points for clearing combat and territories not set?)

    @CG_SBCrumb
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    It looks to me like they fixed something that isn't a problem (no D set) and ignored the thing that is a big problem (less than max D set).
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyber is easy to obtain in division 6, just go hard offense, full clear every opponent and win at least 9 of the 12 rounds. The level of entry for Kyber probably should be a tad higher, but finishing in the top 200 is still an accomplishment to be proud of. I think most of the middle divisions are in the same boat.
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    edited August 16
    TVF wrote: »
    It looks to me like they fixed something that isn't a problem (no D set) and ignored the thing that is a big problem (less than max D set).


    EDIT CLIFF NOTES (just fill in the blank areas problem solved no complex formula to take points from people who are losing (even if 70 points)... just fill in blank areas... I don't get why they need complex here is a 0 formula that can turn to bugs instead of just filling the blank areas...... why is that harder than whatever your doing now that no one understands.

    lol stop matching auto wins vs auto losses and that would never happen

    I still think is hilarious punishing losers because the winners are not winning enough.. instead of figuring out a way to not have guys whos top teams are pathetic G12 pilots fighting 35 G13 gods

    Better communication would help..... "hey buddy... I see there is no way for your to beat my best team I will stick him in the back so at least you can clear 3 areas i'll drop some junk in too so you can get some feats"

    That helps too... instead of hahhahahhah this guys getting 0 points hahhahah gonna put there here blaww and a little of this here blawwww brum brum brum hahahah I love matchmaking hahahah crushing these losers HEY WAIT this guy cost me 150 points in feats whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa mommie"

    Autosetting empty areas is the simplist fix..... EVERYONE WINS..... but instead.... guys upstairs.... "muahhahahahahahahh instead of just autoplacing it we will not do anything but set us a system that removes points from the people who are gonna lose anyway"

    Instead of punishing the loser....just autofill the areas so no one can leave them blank....EVERYONE wins no more complaing..... but this "punish the loser thing" without even fixing anything is atrocious.
  • Are divisions determined upon joining GAC or upon Player Lock?
  • Dethjin
    16 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Are divisions determined upon joining GAC or upon Player Lock?

    Oh the GA is determined by Player Lock but the divisions seemed to be set at start of GAC (Probably hidden, and upon joining it actually shows).
  • I am barely over 4.5 M, so I am in Div 1. In the last few exhibitions, all of my opponents have been 5+ M. I have placed 8th place every time.

    I had assumed all of the 5+ M players would move up to Kyber. Then in future GA, that would be used for pairing, but the levels keep getting reset.

    I want to test my teams against against other players that better match my GP.

    Will matches get better in the future?
  • ldm1n0cg0jsk.png
    You need more Divisions if this is the kind of matchmaking players are going to be having every single GAC!

    Ignorance and greediness.....
  • No_Try
    3403 posts Member
    Vicarious wrote: »
    ldm1n0cg0jsk.png
    You need more Divisions if this is the kind of matchmaking players are going to be having every single GAC!

    Ignorance and greediness.....

    I also think MM begs a lot to be desired. However it's not a division problem. There's not enough people at high gps to divide into more divisions, that itself can make the problem worse as MM will have to use a smaller pool. So everything goes back to the algorithm itself.
Sign In or Register to comment.