Say it ain’t so! (GK’s cap ship unlock)

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

The game has been stretched. For good reason. It’s time for us to get our -$$es kicked for a little bit.

meh servers will be closed before I unlock that thing and that's if I go all in everything 100% just to unlock....

No way you ll get it and use it in the ship raid

All my normal sarcasm and kidding aside.... I HONESTLY hope your correct.... problem is I doubt we will ever get that far... but really really hope we do.

Just sucks that being a fan of ships and going hard on fleet means you suck in arena, suck at TW, suck at GAC... then again maybe new matchmaking won't put me up against all the people who smartly go after G13 while I'm farming a ship that won't even be good by the time I unlock it.... (ya know about the time malak or snoke or holdo get their capital ship...lol
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    We don’t need it right now. We will most likely need it for GEOLSTB.

Would you rather a legendary? There are a lot of things to farm rn. GET stores have always been about choices. Toon shards or gear. I don’t see how this is any different.

The game has been stretched. For good reason. It’s time for us to get our -$$es kicked for a little bit.

I’m fine with getting my a$$ kicked for a while, but we have been needing a new cap ship for well over a year now and to release a new one that we won’t be able to play with for 3-4 months is bananas. Ships is the red headed step child of SWGOH.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    SonofRambo wrote: »
    So assuming leak details are correct to get the negotiator to 7* is worth the equivalent of 15.5 g12 finishes. Tough choice

5* = 6.8
    Good. It's supposed to be a tough choice. Just like Hoda or gear and Wampa or gear were supposed to be tough choices.
    Still not a he.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    So assuming leak details are correct to get the negotiator to 7* is worth the equivalent of 15.5 g12 finishes. Tough choice

5* = 6.8
    Good. It's supposed to be a tough choice. Just like Hoda or gear and Wampa or gear were supposed to be tough choices.

I don't think choices is what bothers people. I honestly think it's partly that ships are so incredibly stale - and making people wait even longer to fix/add to a game mode that they have basically let die on the vine seems a poor choice.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

5* = 6.8

I don't think choices is what bothers people. I honestly think it's partly that ships are so incredibly stale - and making people wait even longer to fix/add to a game mode that they have basically let die on the vine seems a poor choice.

This guy gets it! Throw us a ship bone here CG!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    On one hand, a desperately needed capital ship is locked behind a long grind. On the other hand, it means that I will safely harvest #1 rewards with my Mil F fleet for a few more months...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Best part is GK ships is basically the LS JKR version of ships... Which means the new Sep Ship will be the DR version of ships and then when the "TIP's DR" version of Ships cannot beat the LS JKR of ships they will finally release the malak capital ship to ensure the "TIP" can beat the JKR version of ships... oh and they will nerf a bunch of other ships to ensure that the Malak ship is immortal.... maybe take away JC"s assist attack, or take away kylo ren's shuttle basic attack cause it's too OP or something...lol

seems legit

EDIT it is what it is... I like ships I'll spend the year to unlock it while everyone else G13's their toons and I drop to 700 in arena, and can't get to bronzium in GAC.... skip the kryotech that EVERY new toon will now need... It's a deathblow to me in every other part of the game...but hey..... I will have the Jedi Knight Revan version of a ship...... (which will be useless by the time I unlock because the DR capital will be out by then lol)

Ships is ships tho... I love it...and I'll farm it even though it's really dumb to do so :)

Keep em coming team...keep the ships acoming
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    How is this "even longer?"

The standard integration cycle is marquee to single hard node, and that's about nine months from event to seven star without crystals. Unlike most marquee characters, this capital ship will probably be arena viable at five stars.

Be aggressive toward Geonosis TB and get in on a guild with the same mindset and you can push for the Negotiator on a reasonable timetable. Probably in the time it will take to tool up the GR ships if you haven't already.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

meh servers will be closed before I unlock that thing and that's if I go all in everything 100% just to unlock....

No way you ll get it and use it in the ship raid

All my normal sarcasm and kidding aside.... I HONESTLY hope your correct.... problem is I doubt we will ever get that far... but really really hope we do.

Just sucks that being a fan of ships and going hard on fleet means you suck in arena, suck at TW, suck at GAC... then again maybe new matchmaking won't put me up against all the people who smartly go after G13 while I'm farming a ship that won't even be good by the time I unlock it.... (ya know about the time malak or snoke or holdo get their capital ship...lol

I was once a believer that the game would end and I would move on in my life... 3 years later and here I am. I am now directly in the camp of - when it happens I’ll believe it and if suddenly bursts into a decline I will reap the benefits of a company trying their best to make people stay. They have calibrated things in the past.

We eat up content too fast this their counter to that.
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    We don’t need it right now. We will most likely need it for GEOLSTB.

Would you rather a legendary? There are a lot of things to farm rn. GET stores have always been about choices. Toon shards or gear. I don’t see how this is any different.

I’m fine with getting my a$$ kicked for a while, but we have been needing a new cap ship for well over a year now and to release a new one that we won’t be able to play with for 3-4 months is bananas. Ships is the red headed step child of SWGOH.

Yep. We need another 2 cap ships I think. Hopefully we get a sep one soon.

All of these galactic republic toons and ships being released should be a signal that they will be needed for geo ls tb. Shaak ti, padme , negotiator. And that will probably reward more get and get 2 as well.

The negotiator is hy but for ships that needs a lot more love. Hopefully this is building towards that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    How is this "even longer?"

The standard integration cycle is marquee to single hard node, and that's about nine months from event to seven star without crystals. Unlike most marquee characters, this capital ship will probably be arena viable at five stars.

Be aggressive toward Geonosis TB and get in on a guild with the same mindset and you can push for the Negotiator on a reasonable timetable. Probably in the time it will take to tool up the GR ships if you haven't already.

You can't talk about "standard integration cycle" when it comes to capital ships. The first three are special on account of being first and the only other one is Legendary, so if anything, the expectation would be another Legendary.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Nauros wrote: »
    You can't talk about "standard integration cycle" when it comes to capital ships. The first three are special on account of being first and the only other one is Legendary, so if anything, the expectation would be another Legendary.
    People have complained about how we've already had too many legendaries this cycle and consistently complain about the legendaries being "blatant cash grabs" or some such. And a Negotiator legendary would probably require two new ships- a fourth Separatist ship and a Separatist capital ship.
    Still not a he.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    8dqje7zr9yyp.gif
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    This picture is a fake. The scrollbar for the height is just a little bit smaller. I can do the same, by just scrlling down and up in the store. It is just not short enough.
    This suggests, that ar maximum just one additional row was added, and then Wampa and HODA should be visible in the shop. The purchasable equipment is still visible.
    Furthermore, if this was an GC acc, why nobody is needing the thermal detonators as well as stun cuffs?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    People have complained about how we've already had too many legendaries this cycle and consistently complain about the legendaries being "blatant cash grabs" or some such. And a Negotiator legendary would probably require two new ships- a fourth Separatist ship and a Separatist capital ship.

Not arguing with any of that. All I am saying is that there is simply not enough data to talk about any kind of "standard integration cycle" for capital ships and if we were to draw any conclusion from past (extremely limited) experience, it would be Legendary.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Xhedao wrote: »
    This picture is a fake. The scrollbar for the height is just a little bit smaller. I can do the same, by just scrlling down and up in the store. It is just not short enough.
    This suggests, that ar maximum just one additional row was added, and then Wampa and HODA should be visible in the shop. The purchasable equipment is still visible.
    Furthermore, if this was an GC acc, why nobody is needing the thermal detonators as well as stun cuffs?

CG have confirmed that GK’s ship is obtained with GET2. Stay with me goose, stay with me!!!
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member

CG have confirmed that GK’s ship is obtained with GET2. Stay with me goose, stay with me!!!

And where did they say that exactly?
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    And where did they say that exactly?
    Still in the latest dev insights.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    The GET II rate and capital ship price is just too disparity for any significant Fleet arena change

I’m aware we don’t know the GET II we get from SM but from what we’ve seen and heard, it’s only relevant to top 1% of guilds and not as much as you’d expect

I think the biggest loser is Fleets, even more so if LS TB also introduces a capital ship
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    I just hate it...

Hopefully the benevolence is a legendary.
    Oh wait, will requiring GR ships and will be designed for the Negotiator.

Ah, than I can farm it from the LS Geo-TB... with the same currency.

This helps of course the stale fleet shards..
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    The GET II rate and capital ship price is just too disparity for any significant Fleet arena change

I’m aware we don’t know the GET II we get from SM but from what we’ve seen and heard, it’s only relevant to top 1% of guilds and not as much as you’d expect

I think the biggest loser is Fleets, even more so if LS TB also introduces a capital ship

They already posted the GET 2 we get from the TB..... and if the price is correct in that photo 160mGP guilds should be unlocking that ship around the time we have a settlement on Mars
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited June 2019

This is not a fake. Read the official announcement

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207405/developer-intentions-negotiator#latest
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207405/developer-intentions-negotiator#latest

To slow. The post was before the announcement
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Nope. ‘‘Twas not my friend, ‘‘twas not.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019

yeah but that 2750 might not be true...... That's pretty much EVERY token you would recieve from the TB for probably the majority of the guilds

That's 6 months plus to unlock buying nothing else
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Please please please say that screenshot that’s floating around about GK’s cap ship being in the guild event store for GET MK II is NOT real...we have waited sooooo long for a new cap ship and locking it behind the mk II will take forever to get. Plus you have to sacrifice whatever else you want to buy with GET2. 2700 for 10 shards...39,150 for unlock just seems wrong, like every toon now requiring two kyro’s wrong.....this is not the unlock we were looking for.

When HY was introduced, I wanted him too. I had to postpone buying anything else in the GE store to unlock him as fast as possible. What's the difference?
    (Assuming that the screenshot is indeed correct)

• Xhedao
    209 posts Member

Nope. ‘‘Twas not my friend, ‘‘twas not.

Oh, you are right.
    Nah, already complained about the announcement after the post in another about the release xD. So I noticed, ty ;)

yeah but that 2750 might not be true...... That's pretty much EVERY token you would recieve from the TB for probably the majority of the guilds

That's 6 months plus to unlock buying nothing else

I get your farming time, but 2750? Do you mean 1750 for 4 stars? xD
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Please please please say that screenshot that’s floating around about GK’s cap ship being in the guild event store for GET MK II is NOT real...we have waited sooooo long for a new cap ship and locking it behind the mk II will take forever to get. Plus you have to sacrifice whatever else you want to buy with GET2. 2700 for 10 shards...39,150 for unlock just seems wrong, like every toon now requiring two kyro’s wrong.....this is not the unlock we were looking for.

When HY was introduced, I wanted him too. I had to postpone buying anything else in the GE store to unlock him as fast as possible. What's the difference?
    (Assuming that the screenshot is indeed correct)

HY never was and will not be part of the top team in arena? GK’s ship is designed to make the current rebel meta obsolete.

And there were other ways to get g12 gear at that time, so sacrificing some g12 gear at that time wasn’t as detrimental. Plus a g11 CLS could beat a g12 one. Have enough good teams and you could whittle them down. Now, the exponential growth to g13 with the previous g12+ wall means that having g13 on key toons against an opponent that doesn’t have them will essentially block GAC victories.
  • I just have a problem with words lately from CG.When they say we want to diversify fleet arena,thats not the way to do it,some of us will never get that Capital ship.Not that i care that much,but i had enough with their false promises.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I just have a problem with words lately from CG.When they say we want to diversify fleet arena,thats not the way to do it,some of us will never get that Capital ship.Not that i care that much,but i had enough with their false promises.
    What false promises? Why would you never get that capital ship?

Accrue currency. Spend currency. Get ship. All you have to do is make it a priority.

If your guild's not doing Geonosis TB, find a guild that is. Guilds generally recruit below their average GP. If you're as low as one million GP, you can probably get in on a guild that's at or near 80 million without much trouble. Build teams. Get GET2. Buy Negotiator shards. You will get the Negotiator.

What is complicated about this? People were saying the same stuff about Malak and Hoda. Yeesh.
    Still not a he.