General Skywalker 5* NOT Viable AT ALL vs Current Meta

Replies

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Maybe ARC trooper is gonna make the difference. I still think its a little too early for conclusions.

But anyways, you should already prepare for next cash grab event already.

Time to gear rose and holdo.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Remember when people said JKR was a flop? Then they said DR was a flop.....then they said Malak was a flop.....then they said padme was a flop......then they said General Anakin was a flop......then they said why are all these toons so OP?
    I don’t remember when people said JKR was a flop because that never happened

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9pcnrz/revan_getting_whooped_in_arena/

Never happened huh?
  • Options
    Remember when people said JKR was a flop? Then they said DR was a flop.....then they said Malak was a flop.....then they said padme was a flop......then they said General Anakin was a flop......then they said why are all these toons so OP?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9pcnrz/revan_getting_whooped_in_arena/

Never happened huh?

And then it turned out he was not. Just like GS

End of story
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

Actually it did. There was initially a wave of people saying JKR **** because some people post videos of him losing to Traya.
    Oh yeah, that was a thing, lol
  • Options
    Hmm.. See it as a good sign then! Now they have an excuse to nerf malak!!
  • Options

Actually it did. There was initially a wave of people saying JKR **** because some people post videos of him losing to Traya.
    I’d stand by that. I never lost to revan running a simple Traya squad. I would call him a double flop since he ruined how long battles took.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

I’d stand by that. I never lost to revan running a simple Traya squad. I would call him a double flop since he ruined how long battles took.

Honestly DR and Anakin were also busts. Malak and Padme were quiet studs. C3PO is also no joke.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

Honestly DR and Anakin were also busts. Malak and Padme were quiet studs. C3PO is also no joke.

Malak was a quiet stud?
  • Options
    Maxed 5* g11.5, 4 zeta GS, r3 Ahsoka with r5 Fives and g12.5 Rex and Echo here with decent mods. Couldn't beat the better DR teams in my shard. Extremely disheartening to work so hard to unlock GS, only to then have to switch back to DR in order to climb for pay out.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are just confusing me now. :s
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Maybe ARC trooper is gonna make the difference. I still think its a little too early for conclusions.

That is some fool's errand stuff! The real hidden farm?

Special Forces Tie fighter pilot. And Special forces tie fighter. Hardest farms by far.

Rose is easy. So is Holdo. They know this...

But yeah, it won't hurt to 7 star them and get them to G9 or something.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

That is some fool's errand stuff! The real hidden farm?

Special Forces Tie fighter pilot. And Special forces tie fighter. Hardest farms by far.

Rose is easy. So is Holdo. They know this...

But yeah, it won't hurt to 7 star them and get them to G9 or something.

The ones with a dedicated guild store slot between the two of them are the hardest farms by far?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

No one ever said Malak was a flop either. He was arena viable even at 5* g11. Stop completely making things up. It's just silly and a waste of everyone's time - especially yours.

Oh indeed there were people that said he was a flop, because that's what people do when they dont get a character and are mad about it. So stop wasting everyone's time, especially yours trying to say otherwise.
  • Options

No one ever said Malak was a flop either. He was arena viable even at 5* g11. Stop completely making things up. It's just silly and a waste of everyone's time - especially yours.

Oh indeed there were people that said he was a flop, because that's what people do when they dont get a character and are mad about it. So stop wasting everyone's time, especially yours trying to say otherwise.

The people saying he's not worth it in this thread are the one's who have him. Nice try though.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

The people saying he's not worth it in this thread are the one's who have him. Nice try though.

You are missing the point but I'm not surprised. A lot of people who post and talk of having a character and how bad it is more often than not do not have that said character and instead just say how horrible it is. The other people simply haven't tested the character enough to reach an accurate conclusion.
  • Options

You are missing the point but I'm not surprised. A lot of people who post and talk of having a character and how bad it is more often than not do not have that said character and instead just say how horrible it is. The other people simply haven't tested the character enough to reach an accurate conclusion.

Snakes has posted 3 videos - and Palanthian is a known whale who clearly has him. Both are saying he doesn't hold up against current meta teams. Is it possible that we are at a point where it's too early to make any big statements about his viability? Absolutely. But suggesting that every character that has come out was dubbed a flop and turned out to be great isn't accurate either. There are plenty of characters that were dubbed a flop that were flops. And some that looked great, but were only later viable (GG as a recent example).

Jumping to either conclusion at this point would be silly. But as more people unlock, gear and mod him, the more information - accurate information - the better.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201118/to-all-players-who-can-t-unlock-malak

In that thread @Nikoms565 you talked about ripping through Malak with your CLS team in under a minute.
  • Options
    Fine, I have no problem slapping around G13 R7 DR teams w/ malak. It's so fun when you kill 5 people at once! lol It's just cool! Big numbers baby! big numbers!
  • Options

Did you forget that couple of weeks where DR/Malak was getting steamrolled by EP squads until they added the "no TM gain" to his kit?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Did you forget that couple of weeks where DR/Malak was getting steamrolled by EP squads until they added the "no TM gain" to his kit?

Yes because it was added before he was released. The steamrolling was of DR teams before Malak.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC37hGz5yHs

Mandalore seems to have him working absolutely fine on offense at 5* g11. It didn't look like he was even using his arena quality mods on his clones either (although he has a lot of quality mods of course).

No tests on defense though. Seems to be that if you get the 5s zeta triggered you can tear the opposition apart. Since it's unlikely to be triggered on defense that doesn't leave much hope for a 5* g11 GAS on defense but you never know for at least a week or so I'd say.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Yes because it was added before he was released. The steamrolling was of DR teams before Malak.

Um no. It was a hotfix added after he was released becase EP teams were still steamrolling him AFTER his release.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201696/content-update-4-17-2019#latest

Note this section in particular:

"CHANGES
    Updated Darth Malak's "Gnawing Terror" to include "Sith enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter (excludes Raid Bosses)" at all tiers."
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201118/to-all-players-who-can-t-unlock-malak

In that thread @Nikoms565 you talked about ripping through Malak with your CLS team in under a minute.

Lol - those were 5* Malaks - and I stated that. C'mon man. At least try. At no point did I say he was flop or predict that he wouldn't be powerful at 7*...nor have I done that here. I was merely reporting facts. Not speculating.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Oh good, we're already declaring him trash when people have had him for an hour. I'm glad nothing absurd like this happened when DR came out.

Ah, wait.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Albie01 wrote: »

Somehow already a G13 skywalker....
  • Options
    Perhaps I'm in the minority but a 5* G11 5 dot mod character should not be competitive with 7* R7 6 dot modded characters.... I would be fine with GAS decimating all provided gear, mods, and relic levels were equal, but their not, so I'm glad he loses to 7* DR and Malak squads and I think that should be WAI.

If CG does make him Viable at 5* then what happens in six months when R14 is a thing... The next new 5* G11 5 Dot mod toon just automatically shoots to the top then too? They should draw the line somewhere so why not here?
  • Options
    You know it is bad when developers of other games are using the history of SWGOH as how not to run an online game.

GAS is a ridiculous addition to an ever increasing ridiculous game. What's next from here? No content until the movie and a god tier FO or Resistance toon possibly released. Then what.....nooooooooootthhhhhiiiinggggg.....
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    You know it is bad when developers of other games are using the history of SWGOH as how not to run an online game.

What? Do you have an example here?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Op tells us that a non relic 5* toon doesn't beat a relic'd meta. Thanks for that. And thank God it doesn't.
This discussion has been closed.