General Skywalker 5* NOT Viable AT ALL vs Current Meta

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    vinitwins wrote: »
    But he's not worth the time/resources at 5stars.

It would be funny if people on the fence decided not to go for it, only to have ARC (or another future toon) make the team meta.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • vinitwins
    47 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It would be funny if people on the fence decided not to go for it, only to have ARC (or another future toon) make the team meta.

I said that already. With CURRENT 501 toons he's not usable at 5stars.

Maybe arc helps... But that's a big punt considering the time/resources required to acquire him.

And a possible meta shift with ROS.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I said that already.

I'm aware. I still think it would be quite funny.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Maybe arc helps... But that's a big punt considering the time/resources required to acquire him.

I'm going to say it again, just for the fun of it - he should have been a 7* unlock. I should have been rejoicing when I beat this event, but I just felt "meh" about the whole thing.

And the DR/Malak meta continues for a few more months, probably into 2020.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Even if he's not viable at 5*, so what? Get him to 7*.
  • Options

Sure will bud, I’ll report back here in about 4 months!
  • Options

What if he's not viable at 7*? :o
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

I'm going to say it again, just for the fun of it - he should have been a 7* unlock. I should have been rejoicing when I beat this event, but I just felt "meh" about the whole thing.

And the DR/Malak meta continues for a few more months, probably into 2020.

Dont worry, thisr that hordes GET1 will get him there and report back earlier.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I know, it's a bummer that you can't buy your way to everything, right?

• Options

I know, it's a bummer that you can't buy your way to everything, right?

I can buy my way to enough, I'll get by. :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    He'll be fine. You can't even G12 him at 5* so he is G11 facing relic malak and drev. Of course he isn't viable yet.
  • Options
    Hope everyone enjoyed the event. Now you will have to wait 6 more months for new content. Pathetic! And for many, we didn’t even get to enjoy the “new content”. I’m just about done with this game. Where is the new stuff to do.
    What do you get to do with your new GAS? Play the same stuff as yesterday...
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Well since he's both nearly invincible and not viable at all, I'm assuming all matches end in a time out.

Great D team!

giphy.gif

Lol awesome reference @leef
  • Options
    Thanks Pal, I think you saved me from spending a ton tbh
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Forget using a 5* General Skywalker in arena. I've whaled up on this squad, GAS has 25K health, 70K protection, 255 speed, 3/4 zetas (stacking health reduction missing, not relevant).

Rex R3 modded for speed with zeta (DR 6E arena mods), Ahsoka, Echo and Fives R5 and modded appropriately, full zetas (Ahsoka and Echo for damage, Fives for tankiness, all 6E arena mods).

The team is literally shredded by DR + Malak, it's not even close. I know it's "early days", but I'm not doing anything silly here. This is the only squad composition we have, they're correctly modded, they're geared up and have all zetas.

If anyone is experiencing a different outcome to me, please let me know.

EDIT:

After several tries vs one of the best DR teams on my shard, I managed to get it down to a 1v1 vs Malak, but still lost in the end.

VERDICT:

GAS needs to be 7* with relics.

He also is awful vs padme teams

Link? Asking for a friend.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Forget using a 5* General Skywalker in arena. I've whaled up on this squad, GAS has 25K health, 70K protection, 255 speed, 3/4 zetas (stacking health reduction missing, not relevant).
    EDIT:

After several tries vs one of the best DR teams on my shard, I managed to get it down to a 1v1 vs Malak, but still lost in the end.

Why would anyone expect a 5* Skywalker to get through a 7* G13 Malak with relics when he’s missing his anti-Malak zeta? He SHOULD struggle there at 5 stars without that zeta.
  • Options
    Be on the lookout for bugs before making any assessments. After all, when was the last time EA released something that worked right the first time? Oh wait... there was no last time.
  • Options
    I agree with the title of this thread and here is why:

I have maxed what gear General Skywalker can have at 5 stars, maxed all his abilities with 4 zetas, put in my best 5 dot mods and paired him with my g13 relic 501st units.In not one attempt against a single Sith Empire team did my 5* General Skywalker have a chance. The team got a couple of completely pointless hits in before being wiped out.

So now because of the GEC decision by CG I will have to wait likely 4 months to max out this character just to see if it was worth the time, expense and effort. Not a great way to encourage people to continue to spend if you ask me.

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    And for many, we didn’t even get to enjoy the “new content”. I’m just about done with this game.

You... you do know this isn't a one-time event, right? You'll get to enjoy it later.

IronCross wrote: »
    Now you will have to wait 6 more months for new content... Where is the new stuff to do..

We have LS Geo TB coming soon. The devs also confirmed they're working on Ep. 7-9 content and Disney+ content (likely Mandalorian). It seems like for you "content" means exclusively "meta toon" which is simply not true.
  • Options
    Be on the lookout for bugs before making any assessments. After all, when was the last time EA released something that worked right the first time? Oh wait... there was no last time.

Think you're forgetting about Fifa '96
  • Options
    Dagobond wrote: »
    I agree with the title of this thread and here is why:

I have maxed what gear General Skywalker can have at 5 stars, maxed all his abilities with 4 zetas, put in my best 5 dot mods and paired him with my g13 relic 501st units.In not one attempt against a single Sith Empire team did my 5* General Skywalker have a chance. The team got a couple of completely pointless hits in before being wiped out.

So now because of the GEC decision by CG I will have to wait likely 4 months to max out this character just to see if it was worth the time, expense and effort. Not a great way to encourage people to continue to spend if you ask me.

I hope they take a long hard look at this. The entire release feels like a flop.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »

Rex R3 modded for speed with zeta (DR 6E arena mods), Ahsoka, Echo and Fives R5 and modded appropriately, full zetas (Ahsoka and Echo for damage, Fives for tankiness, all 6E arena mods).

The team is literally shredded by DR + Malak, it's not even close. I know it's "early days", but I'm not doing anything silly here. This is the only squad composition we have, they're correctly modded, they're geared up and have all zetas.

If anyone is experiencing a different outcome to me, please let me know.

EDIT:

VERDICT:

GAS needs to be 7* with relics.

He also is awful vs padme teams

Link? Asking for a friend.

Where he is hmmmm defeating? Yes, defeating Padme?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Remember when people said JKR was a flop? Then they said DR was a flop.....then they said Malak was a flop.....then they said padme was a flop......then they said General Anakin was a flop......then they said why are all these toons so OP?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Remember when people said JKR was a flop? Then they said DR was a flop.....then they said Malak was a flop.....then they said padme was a flop......then they said General Anakin was a flop......then they said why are all these toons so OP?

Flop: acronym for "Freaking Livid they're OP". Only applicable if not possessed by said user.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don’t remember when people said JKR was a flop because that never happened
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don’t remember when people said JKR was a flop because that never happened

Actually it did. There was initially a wave of people saying JKR **** because some people post videos of him losing to Traya.
  • Options

No one ever said Malak was a flop either. He was arena viable even at 5* g11. Stop completely making things up. It's just silly and a waste of everyone's time - especially yours.

This discussion has been closed.