"Easier for players to reach higher gear tiers”

Replies

• Options
    Liath wrote: »

120 holo projectors is a TON of gear that's 1200 carbantis or 14 full crafted carbantis

Are any of those numbers supposed to make sense?

Yes they should.
    Do you understand how crafting works? Players have to use one kind of gear to make another. This may be new to you if you dont have any g13. Or maybe u have relics but are still clueless to how it all works.

Its 50 carbantis crafts to 5 holo so 10x1 ratio, easy math just add a 0... unless your rate is different than mine...

Umm what? The post you were responding to was referring to mk3 holos, which use 20 holo salvage per; no carbantis.
  • Options

120 holo projectors is a TON of gear that's 1200 carbantis or 14 full crafted carbantis

Yes they should.
    Do you understand how crafting works? Players have to use one kind of gear to make another. This may be new to you if you dont have any g13. Or maybe u have relics but are still clueless to how it all works.

Its 50 carbantis crafts to 5 holo so 10x1 ratio, easy math just add a 0... unless your rate is different than mine...

not sure how you have different gear recipes than the rest of us that play this game, but the holo projectors that are relevant (aka the best deal) for relics are made of 20 salvage. sorry for all your lost carbantis though :'(

https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/102/mk-3-sienar-holo-projector/

*upon further review, there are no forms of holo projectors that use carbs. Do you understand how crafting works?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

Yes they should.

@BobcatSkywalker just in case it’s not Liath that’s clueless, here’s some numbers for you:

To craft 10 x Aurodium heatsink, you need one of the following:
    - 50 carbanti salvage
    - 50 holoprojector salvage
    - 1 fully crafted carbanti
    - 1 fully crafted holoprojector

But the twist in this tale is that the fully crafted holoprojector needs only 20 salvage, whilst the fully crafted carbanti salvage needs 50 salvage.

So, the smart people are crafting holoprojectors and using them for Aurodium heatsinks. Because you are getting 2.5 x better value by doing so.

That’s not forgetting that the holoprojector salvage is much easier to come by, including being something that shows up for credits in the store and even on an 8 energy fleet node.

But I’m sure you knew all of this, and weren’t even contemplating using carbanti instead.
  • Options
    120 holo projectors is a TON of gear that's 1200 carbantis or 14 full crafted carbantis way more than the gear from g12 to 13, that's just the holo piece u also need g12+
    Six fully crafted holoprojectors get you enough heat sinks to get a character to relic seven. That's 120 salvage, not 120 fully crafted holoprojectors. Assuming all limiting purple salvage is created equal, that's the equivalent of 2.4 carbantis. Not 14.

Also, 1200 carbanti salvage is 24 crafted carbantis, still not 14. Going one-for-one between carbanti salvage and holoprojector salvage, 1200 holoprojector salvage would be 60 holoprojectors, and enough heatsinks to get ten characters to R7.
    Realistically there are like 300 active accounts so your top 100 of 300
    I question your "realistic." Some shards may be that abandoned, but I wouldn't go so far as to say most, and certainly not mine.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Think about new players. They won’t be able to use GET currency on gear for 2+ years if they want Malak, GAS, Hermit Yoda, and Wampa.

I had to wait about that long

Same but honestly Wampa is useless and a 5* HYODA has everything 7* but speed.

Don’t play TW or GAC, eh?
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Do you get GAS from GenerAl Skywalker? Enlighten me please.

Now I feel bad for not using GOK all these years. I wonder how people understood me.
    Gar Saxon, Geonosian Soldier, Geonosian Spy, and now General Skywalker.

The game has four GSes. Using General Skywalker's first name to make GAS is a very clear and reasonable way to set him apart from the other three GSes.

That is why humans are so much better than computers: they can extrapolate from incomplete data via the context to work out what is meant. I plan on continuing saying “GS’, partly because that is what he is, and partly because I don’t really want to say “I have GAS”. If people can’t work out from the context that I’m talking about General Skywalker, it says more about them than me. It’s not like Gar Saxon, Geo Soldier, or Spy are likely to be used with Gen Skywalker, and *if* for some weird theory-crafting reason they were, I have enough common sense to be more specific than say “my favourite team is JKA(l), GS, GS, GS and GS” (not that it would matter in that case. I’d do that because, you know, I have a brain, and expect others to use theirs too.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Alright so I've removed a pretty staggering amount of posts from within here.

One thing I want to make clear here is that if someone disagrees with you that doesn't automatically make them a "shill" it means they have a different opinion than you. Which is fair, not everyone is going to have the same opinion. If you have an issue with something someone says or if you think they're trolling, report it. All that's happening right now is people calling each other out for thinking differently about the same thing and then derailing the thread to argue about the call outs.

Leave it out, keep the thread on topic.
  • Options

Yes they should.

@BobcatSkywalker just in case it’s not Liath that’s clueless, here’s some numbers for you:

- 50 carbanti salvage

But the twist in this tale is that the fully crafted holoprojector needs only 20 salvage, whilst the fully crafted carbanti salvage needs 50 salvage.

So, the smart people are crafting holoprojectors and using them for Aurodium heatsinks. Because you are getting 2.5 x better value by doing so.

That’s not forgetting that the holoprojector salvage is much easier to come by, including being something that shows up for credits in the store and even on an 8 energy fleet node.

But I’m sure you knew all of this, and weren’t even contemplating using carbanti instead.

Yes I'm aware of the different exchange rates and have a guide for what to create when, rather than go through the 75 different combinations I just used one of the currencies, carbantis, to show how much it equates to. I wouldn't use carbantis because they are still a bottleneck gear to some extent, but the rate still applies and is accurate.

As far as the comment about 300 actives it applies to some and not others but people celebrating reaching to top 50 or 100 and thinking that they are among an elite creme of the crop, top of 10,000 players list is totally inaccurate.

They are the top 100 of 300, 500, maybe 1,000 people if the shard is brand new so it's not that much of an accomplishment to be the top 100 of 500 people, those guys beat 400 others and 9,000 inactives, not 9,400 other or 19,400 other active accounts all jockeying for position. People who think this way are just uninformed.

The beliefs above are my personal beliefs and are not meant to offend or harm the feelings or psyche of any readers who realize they are not the best of the best as these readers may currently beleive they are. Apologies in advance if this was offensive or triggered any personal warnings.
  • Options
    Thanks for this post. I’m a paying customer and I agree they should keep their word.

I’m more concerned with the trend in broken mechanics. This all started with Thrawn, then Traya, then JKR, then Malak, now GAS. All of these toons restrict their opponents ability to play, which is why people get upset. CLS and JTR are perfect examples of good releases in my my opinion, they don’t control and restrict the battlefield in the same way the others do. Giving GAS abilities that ensure victory against certain toons is bad for business. There absolutely should be META teams, just not pre-determined METAs. But rather than one-upping the last META, they should nerf METAs with game breaking mechanics and give the new teams more broad and useful kits. At this rate CG will run out of options to keep the rest of the game alive.

The game will slowly become a Sith...there can be only two teams at a time (current and previous META).

Thank you! I agree with you 100% and was very vocal about JKR. I gave up when Malak came...

Remember the days when Wedge/Biggs was a thing i.e. when the game was still fun and not just a grind for more gear x, shard y and [insert currency] z...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Thanks for this post. I’m a paying customer and I agree they should keep their word.

I’m more concerned with the trend in broken mechanics. This all started with Thrawn, then Traya, then JKR, then Malak, now GAS. All of these toons restrict their opponents ability to play, which is why people get upset. CLS and JTR are perfect examples of good releases in my my opinion, they don’t control and restrict the battlefield in the same way the others do. Giving GAS abilities that ensure victory against certain toons is bad for business. There absolutely should be META teams, just not pre-determined METAs. But rather than one-upping the last META, they should nerf METAs with game breaking mechanics and give the new teams more broad and useful kits. At this rate CG will run out of options to keep the rest of the game alive.

The game will slowly become a Sith...there can be only two teams at a time (current and previous META).

Thank you! I agree with you 100% and was very vocal about JKR. I gave up when Malak came...

Remember the days when Wedge/Biggs was a thing i.e. when the game was still fun and not just a grind for more gear x, shard y and [insert currency] z...

I started around that time, or at least everyone was running Wiggs Chaze so maybe a bit after initial Wiggs.

I didn't enjoy it one bit lol. I had no Chaze.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Yes they should.

- 50 carbanti salvage

Yes I'm aware of the different exchange rates and have a guide for what to create when, rather than go through the 75 different combinations I just used one of the currencies, carbantis, to show how much it equates to. I wouldn't use carbantis because they are still a bottleneck gear to some extent, but the rate still applies and is accurate.

As far as the comment about 300 actives it applies to some and not others but people celebrating reaching to top 50 or 100 and thinking that they are among an elite creme of the crop, top of 10,000 players list is totally inaccurate.

They are the top 100 of 300, 500, maybe 1,000 people if the shard is brand new so it's not that much of an accomplishment to be the top 100 of 500 people, those guys beat 400 others and 9,000 inactives, not 9,400 other or 19,400 other active accounts all jockeying for position. People who think this way are just uninformed.

The beliefs above are my personal beliefs and are not meant to offend or harm the feelings or psyche of any readers who realize they are not the best of the best as these readers may currently beleive they are. Apologies in advance if this was offensive or triggered any personal warnings.
    Thanks for the reply, only one paragraph of which was relevant to my post @BobcatSkywalker

The “rate” may well be accurate, but quoting it is disingenuous. Nobody should be using carbanti to craft that relic piece, as there is an alternative that equates to much less.

To expand on this, to craft 10 carbonite circuit board (the first relic salvage piece) you would need either:
    - 175 carbanti (mk3) salvage
    - 175 holoprojector (mk3) salvage
    - 175 stun cuff salvage
    - 59 fully crafted carbanti (mk3)
    - 59 fully crafted holoprojector (mk3)
    - 59 fully crafted stun cuffs
    - 59 of any of a dozen gear pieces I have ~1000 of

But if you can find me one Swgoh player anywhere that would choose any option other than the last one to craft that relic piece, I will eat my proverbial hat.

No one would use those gear pieces to craft that relic piece, just like no one would use anything other than fully crafted holoprojector (mk3) to craft the Aurodium heatsink. Mentioning any other exchange rate is pointless.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    By buying GS shards with GET you miss out on roughly 28.5 full stun guns. Can you feel the crunch hindered yet?

You can’t buy Geo Soldier shards for GET only GAS shards. Please use the proper acronym.

In that case, there is no Geo Soldier, it's Geno Soldier.
  • Options
    By buying GS shards with GET you miss out on roughly 28.5 full stun guns. Can you feel the crunch hindered yet?

You can’t buy Geo Soldier shards for GET only GAS shards. Please use the proper acronym.

@Nothingface its spelled GeOnosian soldier, so there is no Geno soldier.
  • Options

@Nothingface its spelled GeOnosian soldier, so there is no Geno soldier.

Geno soldier or Pat soldier?

I’m a Tony Luke soldier myself.
  • Options

That makes you sound like a tourist soldier... But I like the Philly references!!
  • Options

That makes you sound like a tourist soldier... But I like the Philly references!!

Go away you! No posting about some crummy town here :P

• Options

I am a tourist soldier to philly :)
    I an NYC soldier
  • Options
    Vicarious wrote: »
    Shhhh

..... silence

I don’t expect them to address anything by comments. They left that a long time ago.
    I would wait on their monthly/bi monthly structured announcements. RA/State if galaxy/q and a.

I also don’t expect them to say that they messed up or the player base is right either. Not even on this issue but any issue.

But I do expect them to implement and announce the changes they said they would.
  • Options
    I could have bought 1000+ Stun Guns with 57000 GET 1.
  • Fringilla_Vigo
    56 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Oh, come on guys! They kept their word! You may exchange these sweet extra Malak shards for the gear, which makes the gear crunch easier.
  • Options
    You mistook their intentions. Do you not see the upgrade button? Now instead of applying 6 separate pieces of gear before you gear up a toon, you simply need to hit one button!

Bam, CG made it easier to gear up all past, present and future characters.

• Options
    This is long so for any people that are lazy and just general boring people who don't have time in life to indulge a read just skip to the last 2 paragraphs but I'm sure the same people who can't be bothered to read are the same that don't mind bleeding money and protecting the greedy decisions of the company spearheading this game.

I mean it's rather ridiculous at this point that people can defend this game or company for that matter or that people defended a mobile game in the first place. I did enjoy the game 5 years ago and it was amazing to see and collect characters you got nostalgia from, heck being able to have Leia even though she never became a fully fledged member of my top 10 toons was amazing to me and so satisfying. But if you can get any satisfaction from making sure you stayed informed and logged in on certain days to make sure you get to a once only marquee event that is required to keep on top of management of time and not lose months to making up for missing you have some screws loose.

I remember when games were a past time a world to go to when things were stressful or tough or just to have fun and pass the day not when it was a full time job where you pay a salary instead of earning one. Stuff happens in real life you can become depressed or have family die or have your heart broken and have no energy to go into your hobby of gaming but the gaming world doesn't care about you or wait around for you anymore, it doesn't have things anymore where they notice you've been gone awhile so devs make sure to comfort you in rewards that may be measly but make it ok to return without nothing to force a brutal catch up because they want you to get back into enjoyment of the game. It used to be that a game would cost 30 pounds on a console or computer and technically a phone is a computer and would yet still despite being limited set you back 5 to 10 pounds on early decent games and you could get enjoyment from it. The game challenged you to do what you could and build your own world and do your own thing collecting your own stuff.

Then multiplayer became bigger and it was now still 30 pounds for games sometimes creeping to more maybe 40 at most and maybe some DLC where they wanted to provide the same joy in their game for longer before a completely new next game is made by them. And the enjoyment was mostly the same, the multiplayer bridged gaps for the young at heart across nations to have fun together and talk together and to just roll the dice on if you can best the others or do aswell as them or even lose but have a fun time.

Today the gaming industry is a mess and a shadow of what it was. Online is a competitive nightmare that seeks to make you feel insecure and no good and friendliness has all but gone. Games have mostly taken enjoyment lower and a game like fortnite and all mobile games that set this motion forward can cost you if you pay everytime upwards of the cost of a child being brought up. It can cost over 10 even 30 grand just to have everything with a game not even to increase the amount of time we can have of enjoyment or to create more interesting stuff to do that challenges new parts of our brains and our skill no to just satisfy any nostalgia and make us look better or cool. To play on our fears of social perception in the world where we used to go to escape any social judgements and problems of the real world.

Kids that didn't have the coolest trainers or the cool hair or the punk attitude could go to gaming to have fun, adults could escape their stress their terrible long shifts and have fun. Now we worry we look stupid that we aren't as cool or as smart and apparently aren't using our time how it should be despite any fun we have because of toxic attitudes of people who say we should do it this way and only focus on the important overpowered characters. People who decide stuff is Too Long Didnt Read because they can't be bothered to be nice or have fun and chill out in life.

These changes from what I've gathered have made it easier for people who are already spending to fix their gear crunch to continue to spend and make their way faster to the top. It's for the whales and the next set of whales. It's more ways to make things "easier" because people didn't have enough ways to get the higher gear that cost money but they know it directly effects people with how much they spend to get refreshes on the new areas to get higher gear. They know this incentivises people to escape the lower gears with whatever money they can spend to get to the relics and whatnot faster to make use of it being easier and nicer before they actually slowly make it worse for anyone who took too long to catch up and make it cost more because you took your time. If you can look at a modern day game especially a mobile game and not recognise that this is an age of greed and profit lines where a game is no longer aiming for being fun then you are delusional and you just have to compare the bank account statements and all the money you spent on this game to your daily meal costs and your cost of raising a child.

And I'm not a father but if you aren't and don't see this my way then do yourself a favour like I hope to someday. Have a kid and see how much brightness and happiness and fun they bring to your life when you aren't stuck in technology and compare that to the fun of this game which takes a nametag of a fandom to hide the deceit and moneymaking and the benefits of using an established brand to make money with little effort.
  • Options
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    You mistook their intentions. Do you not see the upgrade button? Now instead of applying 6 separate pieces of gear before you gear up a toon, you simply need to hit one button!

Bam, CG made it easier to gear up all past, present and future characters.

Well spotted! You made my day :smile:
  • Options
    raybron99 wrote: »

Go away you! No posting about some crummy town here :P

LOL! Ray! Take your Yankees and go home :smiley:
  • Options

I an NYC soldier

Pro tip... check out Steve's Prince of Steak...
  • Options

I an NYC soldier

Philly music scene is great too!
  • Options

I an NYC soldier

Philly music scene is great too!

Heck yeah it is! I've been going to a ton of shows lately.

Philly is a great spot. So is NY. I appreciate everything :smile:
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    They are not going to fix the mid level crunch. I have g12 and g12+ sitting around collecting dust because I can't get enough guns, cuffs, gold eyes. Adding that stuff to the shop was irrelevant and will continue to be so. I can't use it. I have no reason to buy it.

This is all by design. They have no intention of helping the gear crunch. They are only interested in helping themselves to your bank account and the mid lvl crunch is one way they do it.