Future Meta, Changes, Positive, Negative (merged)

Prev1345
ChefHaze
628 posts Member
edited March 2016
It gets so tiring seeing so many people complain and whine about the potential outcome of the future changes.
Yes, the game dynamics will change. FYI, the game is less than 6 months old. I am absolutely certain that it will continue to change for many years to come. Just because you have a top team today, it doesn't mean you will be top dog forever. That's what keeps the game interesting. Just because you spent all your time and money making your team maxed out does not mean they aren't allowed to make changes.
I welcome these changes, the arena is boring and predictable. There are too many cool characters that are worthless, and there are too many worthless characters that are too important. Making these changes at a level cap increase is perfect. Great opportunity for existing players to change their strategy.
It's clear that the devs are trying to get you to have a wide range of characters. Yes, they do this to entice you to spend money, that's their job if it weren't for the people spending money in this game, it would be full of ads, unreliable, poorly supported. The bottom line is, It is a free game and anyone with patience will succeed
Anyone who sits and bashes the game and threatens to quit, go ahead. You will not be missed. This game will go on without you there are new players every day. They will never know or care about all these things that happened in the first 6 months or year.
So seriously, chill out, relax, don't take it personally. The company looks at the big picture they are trying to form a game that lasts and stays relevant. They aren't interested in keeping it exactly the way it is forever. EA has a 10 year contract with Disney to make Star Wars games. These growing pains may seem scary. But keep looking forward. There will be 4 more movies out by 2020 just think of all the new characters they'll have, new modes of game play, I'm sure it's going to be interesting.
I'm sure this post will be flamed by all the haters. I see what you write, so I know to expect it. But it's all good. I enjoy the game and will continue to do so. Yes, I'll have to adjust my tactics when they make the changes. I'm sure the longer I play, the more adjustments I'll have to make. That's cool. I'll roll with it.
Pro tip here: If you aren't happy. Don't spend money in the game. That's really the only thing you can do. I'm pretty sure they just dismiss the whining and crying in the forums.
Post edited by FashionFett on

Replies

  • It gets so tiring seeing so many people complain and whine about the potential outcome of the future changes.
    Yes, the game dynamics will change. FYI, the game is less than 6 months old. I am absolutely certain that it will continue to change for many years to come. Just because you have a top team today, it doesn't mean you will be top dog forever. That's what keeps the game interesting. Just because you spent all your time and money making your team maxed out does not mean they aren't allowed to make changes.
    I welcome these changes, the arena is boring and predictable. There are too many cool characters that are worthless, and there are too many worthless characters that are too important. Making these changes at a level cap increase is perfect. Great opportunity for existing players to change their strategy.
    It's clear that the devs are trying to get you to have a wide range of characters. Yes, they do this to entice you to spend money, that's their job if it weren't for the people spending money in this game, it would be full of ads, unreliable, poorly supported. The bottom line is, It is a free game and anyone with patience will succeed
    Anyone who sits and bashes the game and threatens to quit, go ahead. You will not be missed. This game will go on without you there are new players every day. They will never know or care about all these things that happened in the first 6 months or year.
    So seriously, chill out, relax, don't take it personally. The company looks at the big picture they are trying to form a game that lasts and stays relevant. They aren't interested in keeping it exactly the way it is forever. EA has a 10 year contract with Disney to make Star Wars games. These growing pains may seem scary. But keep looking forward. There will be 4 more movies out by 2020 just think of all the new characters they'll have, new modes of game play, I'm sure it's going to be interesting.
    I'm sure this post will be flamed by all the haters. I see what you write, so I know to expect it. But it's all good. I enjoy the game and will continue to do so. Yes, I'll have to adjust my tactics when they make the changes. I'm sure the longer I play, the more adjustments I'll have to make. That's cool. I'll roll with it.
    Pro tip here: If you aren't happy. Don't spend money in the game. That's really the only thing you can do. I'm pretty sure they just dismiss the whining and crying in the forums.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    If only that were true lol
    I used to back the devs too and stand up for them amidst the crying, bashing, etc. i was an advocate of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

    Simply put, they have butned that bridge too many times and i wont be making that mistake again. I applaude your optimism from skimming your "dev defence" as i used to think that way. Their track record says the opposite of what you say of them tho sadly. I am an AVID star wars fan and enjoy this game. Every uodate they donis more disappointing then the last. I hold out hope that they will eventually move this game in a good direction and add actual content instead of just catering to the crybabies about toons but until then, i have learned my lesson and cant jump to their defence anymore
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Lol had to say it twice???
  • Abyss wrote: »
    Lol had to say it twice???
    I only posted once. I don't know how that happened @Abyss

  • @Abyss To be clear. I'm not saying I support the devs. Or think they make the best decision. What it really comes down to is that the game will change and continue to change and whining and crying and threatening to quit isn't going to make a single difference. So sit back and enjoy it before it changes again. Because it will. people that think the game should be a certain way, just because that's the way they would do it, get over yourself.
  • ChefHaze wrote: »
    It gets so tiring seeing so many people complain and whine about the potential outcome of the future changes.
    Yes, the game dynamics will change. FYI, the game is less than 6 months old. I am absolutely certain that it will continue to change for many years to come. Just because you have a top team today, it doesn't mean you will be top dog forever. That's what keeps the game interesting. Just because you spent all your time and money making your team maxed out does not mean they aren't allowed to make changes.
    I welcome these changes, the arena is boring and predictable. There are too many cool characters that are worthless, and there are too many worthless characters that are too important. Making these changes at a level cap increase is perfect. Great opportunity for existing players to change their strategy.
    It's clear that the devs are trying to get you to have a wide range of characters. Yes, they do this to entice you to spend money, that's their job if it weren't for the people spending money in this game, it would be full of ads, unreliable, poorly supported. The bottom line is, It is a free game and anyone with patience will succeed
    Anyone who sits and bashes the game and threatens to quit, go ahead. You will not be missed. This game will go on without you there are new players every day. They will never know or care about all these things that happened in the first 6 months or year.
    So seriously, chill out, relax, don't take it personally. The company looks at the big picture they are trying to form a game that lasts and stays relevant. They aren't interested in keeping it exactly the way it is forever. EA has a 10 year contract with Disney to make Star Wars games. These growing pains may seem scary. But keep looking forward. There will be 4 more movies out by 2020 just think of all the new characters they'll have, new modes of game play, I'm sure it's going to be interesting.
    I'm sure this post will be flamed by all the haters. I see what you write, so I know to expect it. But it's all good. I enjoy the game and will continue to do so. Yes, I'll have to adjust my tactics when they make the changes. I'm sure the longer I play, the more adjustments I'll have to make. That's cool. I'll roll with it.
    Pro tip here: If you aren't happy. Don't spend money in the game. That's really the only thing you can do. I'm pretty sure they just dismiss the whining and crying in the forums.

    Chef, brilliant!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    @Abyss To be clear. I'm not saying I support the devs. Or think they make the best decision. What it really comes down to is that the game will change and continue to change and whining and crying and threatening to quit isn't going to make a single difference. So sit back and enjoy it before it changes again. Because it will. people that think the game should be a certain way, just because that's the way they would do it, get over yourself.

    I dont disagree if thats all that this was. They arent just making a tweak here an there. They plan to gut the game as far as hiw toons work and hiw damage is calculated. Thats something totally different. And its not just 1 toon being messed with. Its virtually all of them. This is the worst possible way to fundamentally change a game. You font just flip it on end and see how the pieces fall (and if you think they have thought it through and know the outcome i truly feel bad for you).
    You have to make tweaks and guage results little by little so the correct path can be found/taken and so that the inpact is minimal. They are changing so much at once i will bet my acct that they break more then they fix (thats if anything is actually fixed).
  • Rex
    38 posts Member
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    It gets so tiring seeing so many people complain and whine about the potential outcome of the future changes.
    Yes, the game dynamics will change. FYI, the game is less than 6 months old. I am absolutely certain that it will continue to change for many years to come. Just because you have a top team today, it doesn't mean you will be top dog forever. That's what keeps the game interesting. Just because you spent all your time and money making your team maxed out does not mean they aren't allowed to make changes.
    I welcome these changes, the arena is boring and predictable. There are too many cool characters that are worthless, and there are too many worthless characters that are too important. Making these changes at a level cap increase is perfect. Great opportunity for existing players to change their strategy.
    It's clear that the devs are trying to get you to have a wide range of characters. Yes, they do this to entice you to spend money, that's their job if it weren't for the people spending money in this game, it would be full of ads, unreliable, poorly supported. The bottom line is, It is a free game and anyone with patience will succeed
    Anyone who sits and bashes the game and threatens to quit, go ahead. You will not be missed. This game will go on without you there are new players every day. They will never know or care about all these things that happened in the first 6 months or year.
    So seriously, chill out, relax, don't take it personally. The company looks at the big picture they are trying to form a game that lasts and stays relevant. They aren't interested in keeping it exactly the way it is forever. EA has a 10 year contract with Disney to make Star Wars games. These growing pains may seem scary. But keep looking forward. There will be 4 more movies out by 2020 just think of all the new characters they'll have, new modes of game play, I'm sure it's going to be interesting.
    I'm sure this post will be flamed by all the haters. I see what you write, so I know to expect it. But it's all good. I enjoy the game and will continue to do so. Yes, I'll have to adjust my tactics when they make the changes. I'm sure the longer I play, the more adjustments I'll have to make. That's cool. I'll roll with it.
    Pro tip here: If you aren't happy. Don't spend money in the game. That's really the only thing you can do. I'm pretty sure they just dismiss the whining and crying in the forums.

    +1
  • But my tummy hurts... :(
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • ChefHaze wrote: »
    It gets so tiring seeing so many people complain and whine about the potential outcome of the future changes.
    Yes, the game dynamics will change. FYI, the game is less than 6 months old. I am absolutely certain that it will continue to change for many years to come. Just because you have a top team today, it doesn't mean you will be top dog forever. That's what keeps the game interesting. Just because you spent all your time and money making your team maxed out does not mean they aren't allowed to make changes.
    I welcome these changes, the arena is boring and predictable. There are too many cool characters that are worthless, and there are too many worthless characters that are too important. Making these changes at a level cap increase is perfect. Great opportunity for existing players to change their strategy.
    It's clear that the devs are trying to get you to have a wide range of characters. Yes, they do this to entice you to spend money, that's their job if it weren't for the people spending money in this game, it would be full of ads, unreliable, poorly supported. The bottom line is, It is a free game and anyone with patience will succeed
    Anyone who sits and bashes the game and threatens to quit, go ahead. You will not be missed. This game will go on without you there are new players every day. They will never know or care about all these things that happened in the first 6 months or year.
    So seriously, chill out, relax, don't take it personally. The company looks at the big picture they are trying to form a game that lasts and stays relevant. They aren't interested in keeping it exactly the way it is forever. EA has a 10 year contract with Disney to make Star Wars games. These growing pains may seem scary. But keep looking forward. There will be 4 more movies out by 2020 just think of all the new characters they'll have, new modes of game play, I'm sure it's going to be interesting.
    I'm sure this post will be flamed by all the haters. I see what you write, so I know to expect it. But it's all good. I enjoy the game and will continue to do so. Yes, I'll have to adjust my tactics when they make the changes. I'm sure the longer I play, the more adjustments I'll have to make. That's cool. I'll roll with it.
    Pro tip here: If you aren't happy. Don't spend money in the game. That's really the only thing you can do. I'm pretty sure they just dismiss the whining and crying in the forums.

    Stop whining about the whiners.
  • +1 the OP
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    Lol had to say it twice???
    I only posted once. I don't know how that happened @Abyss

    Its happened to me too before too haha
  • They are necessary and if you think its perfectly fine how it is, you are wrong. You could make the argument that Qui-Gon is not OP, but he negative affects the quality of the game. You don't need to have him on your team (it defintely helps though), however you can't be a top arena player without building your team around one character. And in this case, you pretty much need Qui-Gon or Dooku to combat him. Not to mention, how much this meta renders most characters in the game as entirely useless. Yes, there are always going to be some characters that are stronger than others, but the weaker characters should always have some type of use. In the current meta, the high speed-high damage meta leaves so many characters unviable.

    And yes, I understand that some of you spent money and time getting your characters levelel/starred up. I am F2P and spent nearly 3 months and like 100 crystals a day to get 7* Rey, so I obviously don't want that time to be wasted. But in the long run, the game will benefit from these changes as the current meta will soon get boring to most players. I am not saying to totally nerf the current top-tier characters, but to have so many 1-shot kills be garaunteed every match is too much.
  • Ztyle
    1947 posts Member
    @Rex
    Most people needs to get there frustrations out, and the forum is the best place to do it.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Abyss wrote: »
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    @Abyss To be clear. I'm not saying I support the devs. Or think they make the best decision. What it really comes down to is that the game will change and continue to change and whining and crying and threatening to quit isn't going to make a single difference. So sit back and enjoy it before it changes again. Because it will. people that think the game should be a certain way, just because that's the way they would do it, get over yourself.

    I dont disagree if thats all that this was. They arent just making a tweak here an there. They plan to gut the game as far as hiw toons work and hiw damage is calculated. Thats something totally different. And its not just 1 toon being messed with. Its virtually all of them. This is the worst possible way to fundamentally change a game. You font just flip it on end and see how the pieces fall (and if you think they have thought it through and know the outcome i truly feel bad for you).
    You have to make tweaks and guage results little by little so the correct path can be found/taken and so that the inpact is minimal. They are changing so much at once i will bet my acct that they break more then they fix (thats if anything is actually fixed).

    See, I feel that game needed to be flipped end over end. It was primitive and simplistic. it would not be able to keep up with an ever growing number of characters, with an ever growing number of abilities. I don't see the problem with mixing it up and seeing how it goes. i think these future changes are going to give a much bigger range of ways to be successful. Which I support. wI'll there be growing pains? Sure. But I don't take it personally and threaten to quit.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Well of course I'm F2p and only have 5 maxed and a few 5/6 But if all my Current toons become Useless in the new Meta then I Basically need to Start 5 new toons from Scratch then i will be doomed Pretty much then i will have no choice but to give up not because I want to lol, But I would not be able to Stay High in Arena, Meaning 0 Crystals Then I wont be able to even farm Up properly anyway, and I will fall so Behind This update is Make or Break for me. XD
  • This could have all been avoided if they would have tested the game mechanisms appropriately. They deserve all the complaints tenfold. I get frustrated when I jump on the bus for characters boom the game changes drastically. This updated should have been implemented with the speed change. This game has lots of potential but the implementation of updates is the problem. I'll say it again, they operate like Microsoft let the users figure out the problems.
    Bye Forums.
  • Your opinion bro. And it's not like I care I never went with the speed meta except geo. But that's for poggle synergy.
  • we can say whatever the fooooo we want.

    shut it
  • With the changes to speed and damage, do you think synergies will be the most important? I can think of a few leaders unless they are changed also, will have great benefits for the rest of the team.
    Bye Forums.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    @Abyss To be clear. I'm not saying I support the devs. Or think they make the best decision. What it really comes down to is that the game will change and continue to change and whining and crying and threatening to quit isn't going to make a single difference. So sit back and enjoy it before it changes again. Because it will. people that think the game should be a certain way, just because that's the way they would do it, get over yourself.

    I dont disagree if thats all that this was. They arent just making a tweak here an there. They plan to gut the game as far as hiw toons work and hiw damage is calculated. Thats something totally different. And its not just 1 toon being messed with. Its virtually all of them. This is the worst possible way to fundamentally change a game. You font just flip it on end and see how the pieces fall (and if you think they have thought it through and know the outcome i truly feel bad for you).
    You have to make tweaks and guage results little by little so the correct path can be found/taken and so that the inpact is minimal. They are changing so much at once i will bet my acct that they break more then they fix (thats if anything is actually fixed).

    See, I feel that game needed to be flipped end over end. It was primitive and simplistic. it would not be able to keep up with an ever growing number of characters, with an ever growing number of abilities. I don't see the problem with mixing it up and seeing how it goes. i think these future changes are going to give a much bigger range of ways to be successful. Which I support. wI'll there be growing pains? Sure. But I don't take it personally and threaten to quit.

    I have not threatened to quit either (no one cares if anyone threatens to quit)
    Its not about them making needed or good changes its about how they are doing it. Destroying what we have built is NOT the answer. The devs even said that small calculated changes were how they were going to proceede from now on so that they didnt "over balance" toons. This is the opposite of what they said they'd do. Its principle. Its not to better the game, its not for the longevity of the game. Its to force us to re-spend to re-build and that coupled with doing the opposite of what they said they would do is why i cant get behind them on this. Its a cheap and dirty way to go about it that will for sure cause far more balance issues then it fixes.
    Add a cap raise to the mix and ppl now have to make hasty decisions they will likely regret furthering them potentially being forced to re-spend.
    This is just wrong on so many levels, its amazing to me that more ppl cant see it
  • I just hate defensive battles, defensive characters, and defensive games overall. Now what's your response to that?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I just hate defensive battles, defensive characters, and defensive games overall. Now what's your response to that?

    +1
    Its u eventful and boring to sit and just chip away haha
  • This could have all been avoided if they would have tested the game mechanisms appropriately. They deserve all the complaints tenfold. I get frustrated when I jump on the bus for characters boom the game changes drastically. This updated should have been implemented with the speed change. This game has lots of potential but the implementation of updates is the problem. I'll say it again, they operate like Microsoft let the users figure out the problems.

    They're now givIng you plenty of warning of the future changes.you have time to adjust. Your problem sounds like it's that you jumped on the popularity bus instead of playing the game you want to. I only invest in characters that I like. I work on building whole teams. Ewoks and sith are my main focus right now. I don't have qgj, gs, fotp, ig-anything. I have a team that I like and I stay in the top 50 and I have fun. I think these changes are going to be great.
  • I just hate defensive battles, defensive characters, and defensive games overall. Now what's your response to that?

    Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Well of course I'm F2p and only have 5 maxed and a few 5/6 But if all my Current toons become Useless in the new Meta then I Basically need to Start 5 new toons from Scratch then i will be doomed Pretty much then i will have no choice but to give up not because I want to lol, But I would not be able to Stay High in Arena, Meaning 0 Crystals Then I wont be able to even farm Up properly anyway, and I will fall so Behind This update is Make or Break for me. XD

    I wouldn't worry - if anything this update will keep the toons you have viable but also make about half the others very viable options as well. The update isn't planned to make your existing toons useless just to give you more potential combinations.

    I am behind you in the running lv69 and only sid at 7* and kylo soon to follow but I'm not worried. I also never went down the speed route and border mainly in the 20-50 arena rank
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Starjumper wrote: »
    Well of course I'm F2p and only have 5 maxed and a few 5/6 But if all my Current toons become Useless in the new Meta then I Basically need to Start 5 new toons from Scratch then i will be doomed Pretty much then i will have no choice but to give up not because I want to lol, But I would not be able to Stay High in Arena, Meaning 0 Crystals Then I wont be able to even farm Up properly anyway, and I will fall so Behind This update is Make or Break for me. XD

    I wouldn't worry - if anything this update will keep the toons you have viable but also make about half the others very viable options as well. The update isn't planned to make your existing toons useless just to give you more potential combinations.

    I am behind you in the running lv69 and only sid at 7* and kylo soon to follow but I'm not worried. I also never went down the speed route and border mainly in the 20-50 arena rank

    Disagree, i think they 100% want to obsolite current "favored" toons.
    Thats what will force folks to re-build and indirectly force them to re-spend
  • @BentWookie maybe you can delete this duplicate? Sorry, don't know why it did that.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »
    I just hate defensive battles, defensive characters, and defensive games overall. Now what's your response to that?

    +1
    Its u eventful and boring to sit and just chip away haha
    I've no problem with that. But the longer you stretch out the battles, the less of a chance that the Artificial Unintelligence has of winning on defense. As it is, the AI only wins if they get a lucky one-shot or focus down a key character in your synergy. What're the odds of that happening in a battle where they need (maybe) three or four direct attacks to knock someone out?
    Not saying things don't need changing though.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    I quit whining, even apologized about whining and my drop rates were still #%$& today. Lol
Sign In or Register to comment.