Future Meta, Changes, Positive, Negative (merged)

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    This could have all been avoided if they would have tested the game mechanisms appropriately. They deserve all the complaints tenfold. I get frustrated when I jump on the bus for characters boom the game changes drastically. This updated should have been implemented with the speed change. This game has lots of potential but the implementation of updates is the problem. I'll say it again, they operate like Microsoft let the users figure out the problems.

They're now givIng you plenty of warning of the future changes.you have time to adjust. Your problem sounds like it's that you jumped on the popularity bus instead of playing the game you want to. I only invest in characters that I like. I work on building whole teams. Ewoks and sith are my main focus right now. I don't have qgj, gs, fotp, ig-anything. I have a team that I like and I stay in the top 50 and I have fun. I think these changes are going to be great.

They are creating this conflict by NOT telling us much. Just enough to get ppl fired up then they disappear. There would not be all this mess if they'd properly communicate
  • Options
    I've played since the beginning and consistently play with characters I like. Only recently have I been top 10 in arena, but I knew my characters were not meta and I was cool with it. In the end, this is a game and it's fun. Play with the characters you enjoy and figure out new ways to win. It can be done and when you win your way it is way more gratifying.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    I just hate defensive battles, defensive characters, and defensive games overall. Now what's your response to that?

+1
    Its u eventful and boring to sit and just chip away haha
    I've no problem with that. But the longer you stretch out the battles, the less of a chance that the Artificial Unintelligence has of winning on defense. As it is, the AI only wins if they get a lucky one-shot or focus down a key character in your synergy. What're the odds of that happening in a battle where they need (maybe) three or four direct attacks to knock someone out?
    Not saying things don't need changing though.

The AI winning is of no concern. Win/lose is part of the game. And i agree change is needed. The gane being foolishly flipped on end aint how to properly adjust the balance of the game. Thats how you break 10x more things then you'll fix lol
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I quit whining, even apologized about whining and my drop rates were still #%$& today. Lol
  • Options
    I just hate defensive battles, defensive characters, and defensive games overall. Now what's your response to that?

Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships.

Sports are no game, sports are serious business! >:)
    I have to agree that goalkeepers do win championships though. :wink:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    Well of course I'm F2p and only have 5 maxed and a few 5/6 But if all my Current toons become Useless in the new Meta then I Basically need to Start 5 new toons from Scratch then i will be doomed Pretty much then i will have no choice but to give up not because I want to lol, But I would not be able to Stay High in Arena, Meaning 0 Crystals Then I wont be able to even farm Up properly anyway, and I will fall so Behind This update is Make or Break for me. XD

I wouldn't worry - if anything this update will keep the toons you have viable but also make about half the others very viable options as well. The update isn't planned to make your existing toons useless just to give you more potential combinations.

I am behind you in the running lv69 and only sid at 7* and kylo soon to follow but I'm not worried. I also never went down the speed route and border mainly in the 20-50 arena rank

Disagree, i think they 100% want to obsolite current "favored" toons.
    Thats what will force folks to re-build and indirectly force them to re-spend

I don't believe that's true. I believe they want balance and variety. I'm not saying that's what will happen. I'm saying that's the goal. They long for the day they open the leaderboard and see 10 teams led by 10 different toons composed of a variety of speed, power, and other stats. I long for that day too.

It's like I tell the wife...variety keeps thing interesting.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • DarthSwole
    34 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @ChefHaze

Yup I fully agree with you. And it is so funny that Abyss was the first reply to your post. The guy is 1400+ posts of whining and complaining. One click on his post history and you can see.
  • Options
    Well of course I'm F2p and only have 5 maxed and a few 5/6 But if all my Current toons become Useless in the new Meta then I Basically need to Start 5 new toons from Scratch then i will be doomed Pretty much then i will have no choice but to give up not because I want to lol, But I would not be able to Stay High in Arena, Meaning 0 Crystals Then I wont be able to even farm Up properly anyway, and I will fall so Behind This update is Make or Break for me. XD

I wouldn't worry - if anything this update will keep the toons you have viable but also make about half the others very viable options as well. The update isn't planned to make your existing toons useless just to give you more potential combinations.

I am behind you in the running lv69 and only sid at 7* and kylo soon to follow but I'm not worried. I also never went down the speed route and border mainly in the 20-50 arena rank

This is based on pure speculation - They have mentioned slight damage reduction to fast toons presently doing a lot of damage. If you look at the list of characters on SW got cantina here

http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

Then take all the fast characters in the top 20 and review how many have OP damage - your really only looking at rey and GS. People like sid and dooku don't really hit that hard in reality - they're not gonna one shot anyone and realistically they'll remain unchanged I would speculate. Now Rey & GS will probably have the biggest tweak but even if you take 1k even 1.5k off their specials they are still gonna be monsters clearing 50% health off most characters as opposed to the 70-80% they are doing at present. Now to be honest I wouldn't dump someone from my squad who can do 50% damage.

Thing is its too early to guess too much but anyone who is levelling fast toons I'd advise them to continue. Stopping and changing to farm unknowns is a bad idea
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    I have a bit of a different take on it and I'm unsure if the changes will be good or not.
    Starting in November I chose to farm and run Jedi bc I liked them, it just so happens that they turned out to be great! I will be a bit upset if I've wasted months on them come the update. ( doubt it will be wasted though) Jedi are fast but I wouldn't ever say that they can hit very hard. Even qgj can't one shot most characters using assist. It seems the only characters that fit the "op" one shot fast criteria are Rey and GS. Seems like a bit of an over reaction if everything is changing just over them...,,,.

I do have plenty of other characters to work and develop, 61 total ranging from 1* lv 1s to max.

In the interim I'm just going to horde everything and see how it plays out.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

I don't believe that's true. I believe they want balance and variety. I'm not saying that's what will happen. I'm saying that's the goal. They long for the day they open the leaderboard and see 10 teams led by 10 different toons composed of a variety of speed, power, and other stats. I long for that day too.

It's like I tell the wife...variety keeps thing interesting.

All they gotta donis open my leaderboard then. Just because a few leaderboards are crowded with sinilar teams dont mean they all are. And dont get me wrong, changes NEED to happen but little by little as they promised not all at once (especially since they said they'd only make small changes to toons moving forward and watch the resukts carefully.
  • Options

Offensive battles keep people on the edge of their seats. Defensive battles put people to sleep.
  • hnewton
    492 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

+1
    Its u eventful and boring to sit and just chip away haha
    I can understand liking high offense better, but do you guys enjoy 95% of arena matches beginning with Qui Gon assist getting a 1 shot kill followed by Geo Soldier assist getting a 1 shot kill?

The thing that I hate about the current meta is the lack of diversity between high level teams.
  • Options
    Did I miss something ? Are they finally fixing the meta?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

This is based on pure speculation - They have mentioned slight damage reduction to fast toons presently doing a lot of damage. If you look at the list of characters on SW got cantina here

http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

Then take all the fast characters in the top 20 and review how many have OP damage - your really only looking at rey and GS. People like sid and dooku don't really hit that hard in reality - they're not gonna one shot anyone and realistically they'll remain unchanged I would speculate. Now Rey & GS will probably have the biggest tweak but even if you take 1k even 1.5k off their specials they are still gonna be monsters clearing 50% health off most characters as opposed to the 70-80% they are doing at present. Now to be honest I wouldn't dump someone from my squad who can do 50% damage.

Thing is its too early to guess too much but anyone who is levelling fast toons I'd advise them to continue. Stopping and changing to farm unknowns is a bad idea

Im going on track record is all. Track record says they'll butcher this.
    I really hope they dont but i simply have 0 confidence at this point. Too many disappointments for anyone to think they'll get it rite esoecially if they do it all at once in a broad sweep like they plan. I dont think the best designers anywhere coukd get it rite doing it this way. Its too much change all at once.
  • Options
    Great post! I say play with characters you like and learn how to win. Changed to level the character playing field are good for gameplay.
  • Options

That is your opinion.
    The update will be good because i am bored of seeing the same 10ish characters in arena.
    Thank you EA, and dont listen to these haters.
    Haters gon hate
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    DarthSwole wrote: »
    @ChefHaze

Yup I fully agree with you. And it is so funny that Abyss was the first reply to your post. The guy is 1400+ posts of whining and complaining. One click on his post history and you can see.

I do what i can haha ;)
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    It gets so tiring seeing so many people complain and whine about the potential outcome of the future changes.
    Yes, the game dynamics will change. FYI, the game is less than 6 months old. I am absolutely certain that it will continue to change for many years to come. Just because you have a top team today, it doesn't mean you will be top dog forever. That's what keeps the game interesting. Just because you spent all your time and money making your team maxed out does not mean they aren't allowed to make changes.
    I welcome these changes, the arena is boring and predictable. There are too many cool characters that are worthless, and there are too many worthless characters that are too important. Making these changes at a level cap increase is perfect. Great opportunity for existing players to change their strategy.
    It's clear that the devs are trying to get you to have a wide range of characters. Yes, they do this to entice you to spend money, that's their job if it weren't for the people spending money in this game, it would be full of ads, unreliable, poorly supported. The bottom line is, It is a free game and anyone with patience will succeed
    Anyone who sits and bashes the game and threatens to quit, go ahead. You will not be missed. This game will go on without you there are new players every day. They will never know or care about all these things that happened in the first 6 months or year.
    So seriously, chill out, relax, don't take it personally. The company looks at the big picture they are trying to form a game that lasts and stays relevant. They aren't interested in keeping it exactly the way it is forever. EA has a 10 year contract with Disney to make Star Wars games. These growing pains may seem scary. But keep looking forward. There will be 4 more movies out by 2020 just think of all the new characters they'll have, new modes of game play, I'm sure it's going to be interesting.
    I'm sure this post will be flamed by all the haters. I see what you write, so I know to expect it. But it's all good. I enjoy the game and will continue to do so. Yes, I'll have to adjust my tactics when they make the changes. I'm sure the longer I play, the more adjustments I'll have to make. That's cool. I'll roll with it.
    Pro tip here: If you aren't happy. Don't spend money in the game. That's really the only thing you can do. I'm pretty sure they just dismiss the whining and crying in the forums.

Very well said...Thank you!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »

That is your opinion.
    The update will be good because i am bored of seeing the same 10ish characters in arena.
    Thank you EA, and dont listen to these haters.
    Haters gon hate

Hating then and having 0 confidence in them are not the same thing.
    That said, im happy your excited for the update. In sure lots of ppl are and thats good. Their lack of communication and lack of following through with what they say they will/wont doo are what bothers me the most. The fact folks like you praise then for breaking their word is the most disturbing haha but its cool your excited for the changes :)
  • Options

Offensive battles keep people on the edge of their seats. Defensive battles put people to sleep.

I disagree. Oklahoma's last national title in football was a 13-2 victory over Florida State. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. 3+ hours of tense muscles and screaming. I felt exhausted afterward. It was amazing.

I've had defensive battles in this game also. Down to the wire, one toon left versus one toon. And it was just as exciting, if not more so, than any match I've been in that was over at the 3 minute mark.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    At the moment I'm indifferent to the change until we have the facts before us. On the one hand, I do like fast pace action. Yet at the same time being able to at least a chance to adapt to the battle is needed, no turn arena matches make anyone angry. What I do not wish to see is long drawn out battles, that is the only part I'm concerned about.
  • Options
    I have been playing this game for free, and my attitude remains, "Hey, look at all this cool stuff I can do! Thank you, EA."

If you have invested money in the game, YOU are the customer, and if you don't like what is happening, you can and should voice your objections. I promise you EA is not trying to intentionally upset or drive away the folks who make their paychecks possible. So, let them know what you don't like and why, and maybe you can sway their decision.

But there is one thing that strikes me as weird. People have asserted that the changes are an evil plot that will FORCE them to rebuild and re-buy. From my perspective, nobody is being forced to do anything whatsoever. If you have made it your life's mission to stay at the very top of the Arena standings come hell or high water, then yeah, changes that result in your perfectly optimized Arena squad no longer being the one true answer would be frustrating, but is life unlivable if you slip a few ranks? The Arena is just a small portion of the game (I spend as little time there each day as possible). I really think your maxed out toons will still be highly effective throughout the game overall. What ever gave you the idea that once you built your perfect squad, nothing would ever disrupt their relative overall capability when new characters, abilities, and synergies are being introduced all the time?
  • Options
    Every game has metas that change every few months
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

What they are hinting at is so far beyond a "meta shift". Thats why ppl are upset. Everyone knows the meta will change. Its not the meta changing, its this massive all at once overhaul. No way can so much change at once net a good result. It will certainly break far more things then it fixes because there is no way too see how all the variables work together.

Like everything else so far, we will beta test this for them (and likely pay them for breaking it)
  • Options

What they are hinting at is so far beyond a "meta shift". Thats why ppl are upset. Everyone knows the meta will change. Its not the meta changing, its this massive all at once overhaul. No way can so much change at once net a good result. It will certainly break far more things then it fixes because there is no way too see how all the variables work together.

Like everything else so far, we will beta test this for them (and likely pay them for breaking it)

The only thing I have a slight issue with is them raising the lvl cap and adding fortitude/nerfs/buffs at the same time.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

The only thing I have a slight issue with is them raising the lvl cap and adding fortitude/nerfs/buffs at the same time.

^^^He gets it^^^
    Thats exactly my point
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the change. I'm F2P but haven't really focused on speed. I'd guess half or more of my guys will likely get a buff. It'll be nice to have games where half my toons aren't dead before they get to do something.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Barry_MiCockiner
    34 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I disagree. Oklahoma's last national title in football was a 13-2 victory over Florida State. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. 3+ hours of tense muscles and screaming. I felt exhausted afterward. It was amazing.

I've had defensive battles in this game also. Down to the wire, one toon left versus one toon. And it was just as exciting, if not more so, than any match I've been in that was over at the 3 minute mark.

I'll assume you're an ou guy so that's cool. But if it came to watching that or this years 45-40 bama clemson matchup I'll take bama/clemson all day and I'm a pac-10 guy.
  • Options
    Humans tend to be afraid of changes, they simply like to be in their comfort zones, these are the moments of denial stage..
  • Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

^^^He gets it^^^
    Thats exactly my point

That being said I still don't think it's as big of deal or tragedy as some are reacting. This is also coming from a 100% ftp player on a early December server so if anything you'd expect me to be against a meta change as I'll have to farm new toons. But that's the nature of games that characters will rise and fall in terms of strength and popularity. ideadly though they'd implement "nerfs/fortitude,etc" before people had to level up to 80
    Post edited by Chewieforlife on