Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    They did identify it as a bug, but I dont think it's fair to label people who used it as "exploiters". When i woke up this morning and saw that it rewarded shards - I thought "Welp, I guess Malak is officially old now. They're giving him away - that was kind of quick" - which they tend to do with stuff once a character has run its "life cycle" in the meta (i.e. GK being a login character, etc).
  • Options
    PSUIVERSON wrote: »

I'm coming up on my 3 year anniversary and have spent a nice amount on this game (Used Car level) / i'm gone if they take this away and rollback.

If "taking away" something you got from an exploit and weren't entitled to receive is enough to make you quit the game, then you were basically out the door already and would have quit soon anyway.

I don't agree with that. I assumed they modified the Malak event to encourage GAS GET savings going forward and this was intentional. Once i got the shards - i then upgraded Malak and am on the brink of G12. Used gear i needed for Padme to G12 and was saving. Expensive gear. Kyro and Stun Guns. That's not cool and that's a ton of time and effort - not me being passively flippant.

Totally agree with this. I just hope they don’t pull a Vader from empire strikes back and say we’ve altered the deal.
  • Options
    CG I strongly suggest they don't keep pushing the player base away.

We've had so many players quit recently over the last few public relations disasters known as "content" you've put out in the recent months.

Unless your willing to refund (with cash) all store purchase of crystals or packs then spent on gear today.
  • HUNSadun
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Thats not good! Its not our fault! Its yours! Take the consecvencies! We suffer enough elswhere! Please dont do that! Thats enoug to collect 6-7 mounts of GET1 to buy Malak! Lot of gear is only that shop! How can i upgrade my roster?
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Entus wrote: »
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Spent all my currency on gear instead of malak shards now. Will we get that back?

First I dont believe you. You have heard of GS right? And if you did, thats ur fault. Guarantee u wont get that back.

What does Geonosian Soldier have to do with this?

Meanwhile Gar Saxon weeps silently in the corner.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Spent all my currency on gear instead of malak shards now. Will we get that back?

First I dont believe you. You have heard of GS right? And if you did, thats ur fault. Guarantee u wont get that back.

Why wouldn't you believe me? 9k roughly. I'm not even close to gas so was always going to be gear after malak. Why is it my fault? Can't I spend my currency without having to check every forum beforehand. Genuinely thought they were dishing more malak shards out after the 5* gas uproar.

Yeah, thats what everyone is saying. Anyway, yes you will get ur currency back. They will just rollback to a capture of the databaas prior ro rhe event. So any changes you have made since then will be reverted.
  • Options
    Rhunne wrote: »
    This is a error on thier part.. Not an exploit or anything like it. Yes I was one who said sweet, and got my Malak to 7*. Initially I assumed it wa sthem throwing us a bone after the fiasco that was the GAS event.. Now they come out and say, woops our bad, sucks to be you and we are taking them back? This IS CGS FAULT NOT OURS. So you will intern punish us for it..

The right thing to do is admit the mistake and leave it be. Throw us a bone for a change instead of beating us into submission.

Allowing the shards to remain will really go a long way for not only moral but also save face in the eyes of the community.

I totally agree with this, its ridiculous they take away shards over their mistake. Just imagine being a player who doesn't use the forum who got Malak this way, one second he's 7 star, the next he's back to 5 or 6 star.
  • Options
    CG I strongly suggest they don't keep pushing the player base away.

We've had so many players quit recently over the last few public relations disasters known as "content" you've put out in the recent months.

Unless your willing to refund (with cash) all store purchase of crystals or packs then spent on gear today.

I’d be satisfied if they leave it alone, eat their mistake. Second best is enough GET to get 75 to 150 shards of malak.
  • Options
    CG finally does something that would just be cool in allowing us to get Malak 7* so easily, something the community could have rallied behind to get some love going back for CG. Could have given everyone back their GET to make up for the bug that allowed everyone to get him 7* faster. Most everyone could be happy. My hopes were up and now lower than ever once they announced “fixing” this bug. Hate you CG. Really, really, hate you.
  • Options
    Kluge wrote: »
    Actual whistleblower account of morning team meeting...….."How can we make more money? Let's 'accidentally' replay the Malak even so current owners will think they can get their 5* and 6* Malaks upgraded. They'll buy the gear packs that are currently active. Then, when they least expect it, we'll tell them it's a bug. We'll take away their shards but keep their $$. HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

You did leave out the part about this being an even bigger mess (and hence, great distraction) from the GAS 5*/GET situation.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Well this is a clear example of all they want is your money. Should have stopped the event and let those who got the shards keep it. It’s your mess up not ours.

But nope let’s take it back and milk that cow dry. They wonder why people are quitting this game
  • Options

Why wouldn't you believe me? 9k roughly. I'm not even close to gas so was always going to be gear after malak. Why is it my fault? Can't I spend my currency without having to check every forum beforehand. Genuinely thought they were dishing more malak shards out after the 5* gas uproar.

Yeah, thats what everyone is saying. Anyway, yes you will get ur currency back. They will just rollback to a capture of the databaas prior ro rhe event. So any changes you have made since then will be reverted.

CG's problem is that this isn't payroll for the local Subway. The revenue refund and other timing issues (GAC/TW etc.) are not going to work with a "rollback".
  • Options
    Yeah I agree with that... ffs.. you guys are jokers..

By these guy's logic and requests.. the following will happen to appease their feelings and logic.

Let them keep their unfairly gained shards, whilst everyone else has to go back to grind 52k+ get1.

Hoda and Wampa shards will also be given away to further 'encourage' GAS get savings.
  • Options
    Actual whistleblower account of morning team meeting...….."How can we make more money? Let's 'accidentally' replay the Malak even so current owners will think they can get their 5* and 6* Malaks upgraded. They'll buy the gear packs that are currently active. Then, when they least expect it, we'll tell them it's a bug. We'll take away their shards but keep their $$. HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

And this...is why they will lose a ton of people instantly.
  • Options
    CG’s response:

“ Due to the issue above, we will be doing a hotfix shortly to remove Starforge Showdown from being an active event. Once we have resolved the issue we will reschedule the event. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Well this is a clear example of all they want is your money. Should have stopped the event and let those who got the shards keep it. It’s your mess up not ours.

But nope let’s take it back and milk that cow dry. They wonder why people are quitting this game

Just becauae they made a mistake doesnt mean they cant fix that mistake. They can fix their mistake without it impacting you. If you are sad that you wont get Malak, well thats just being unreasonable. Most of us had to do it the hard way. How os it fair to us if you get it for nothing?

They simoly need to rollback prior to the event. Its fixed. No one will be affected except those that spent money.
  • Options

And this...is why they will lose a ton of people instantly.

Truth. Let malakgate begin.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree with that... ffs.. you guys are jokers..

By these guy's logic and requests.. the following will happen to appease their feelings and logic.

Let them keep their unfairly gained shards, whilst everyone else has to go back to grind 52k+ get1.

Hoda and Wampa shards will also be given away to further 'encourage' GAS get savings.

You're treating the shards as an isolated event that occurred in a vacuum and completely disregarding the cause and effect of this prior to any communication. Money - events - time etc. all impacted greatly. It's not getting $100 back from the cashier instead of $10 and going "Oh sorry - here's the $100 that was an error".
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Perro wrote: »
    Cant really call this an exploit. An exploit is something people do against the terms of service. This was a bug by CG. Especially since people don't log into the forums first thing in the morning to check if there is a loophole in the system. When you launch the game you expect to work as intended.

Problem is a bug on their end can then be exploited on ours. Buttons missing is a bug that cannot benefit us so it stays a bug. Free shards that weren't supposed to be given out is a bug that can be misused (starring up early, using shards for currency) so it becomes an exploit.

Stinks worse than Jabba's jock strap but it is what it is. They will do something that either many (maybe 50%) will find acceptable or most (more than 50%) will deem insufficient, insulting, a slap-in-the-face or rage-quit-worthy. We have to wait and see.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    You right i get Malak at the 2nd. But this is not our fault! If we report something they dont giva a..... But if we are lucky... Take it back!!!!
  • Options
    How does one request a refund for this? The customer support isnt helpful
  • Options
    They simoly need to rollback prior to the event. Its fixed. No one will be affected except those that spent money.

exept everyone has done hours of work since then. bought gear. spent resources. spent cash. played arena. played TW. etc etc. please don't roll all that back on me without some compensation.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options

CG's problem is that this isn't payroll for the local Subway. The revenue refund and other timing issues (GAC/TW etc.) are not going to work with a "rollback".

Why would a object database effect TW or GAC? They would only be rolling back items in your inventory.
  • Options
    Reptis5000 wrote: »

Refund for what?
  • Options
    Reptis5000 wrote: »

Contact your credit card company. Let CG deal with them. The credit card companies will make sure to get ahold of them...
  • Options
    There are also the players like me who just unlocked and those who will unlock next time and all the times after that.

One group of players getting such a large unintended boost simply because they happened to unlock him second time around would be grossly unfair to the vast majority of players who are not in that group.

So yes, fixing it is entirely appropriate.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    They’re fixing it, but as much as they’ve screwed us over lately they should leave it. The whales have their new toy, what do they care.